/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is dua?

Ami
04-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Hi,
I duno if it is a stupid question, but I notice a lot of people say make dua for me etc but I duno what dua is ? Is it just meaning salah or something? I just never noticed anything in quran about dua, maybe its in hadith and i didnt see it. Thanks for reply in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
04-17-2011, 10:53 PM
dua = supplication, i.e to ask Allah for something.

Ami
04-18-2011, 08:47 AM
oh ok thanks , is there a certain way of doing it?

marwen
04-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Well basically there is no compulsory form to make dua : just talk to Allah with any language you want and ask him sincerely.

But it's better (i.e your dua would be more likely to be answered and rewarded) if you follow the best etiquettes and forms of dua taken from quran or sunna :
http://islamgreatreligion.wordpress....-supplication/

It's also important that you pick the best times when dua is more answered :
http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/best.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ami
04-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Ok thanks a lot for the resources brother.

Ghazalah
04-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Dua is the weapon of the believer, it's a beautiful concept whereby you're conversing with your Lord. You can ask him for something, thank him for all the blessings he has bestowed upon you. Allah get's angry when man doesn't ask him, subhanAllah.

al yunan
05-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Assalamu Alaikum sister Ami,
Dua is when we ask Allah S.W.T for something that's important to us and that's where the similarity to other faiths ends.
Firstly a Dua is dependent on our understanding of the sixth principle of Imman, then Tawhid and Aqidah.
The closer our request is to what is meant to be the better and of course things that Allah S.W.T tells us to strive for.
As we do not comprehend cause and effect should we ask for things that would be detrimental to our Imman we hope that we will be denied them.
To understand fully our relationship with Allah S.W.T our knowledge of Tawhid, His attributes and Names is paramount and the of course what we expect of it all in our Aqidah.
The parameters of liability and responsibility lies within our understanding of the sixth principle of Iman.
The final item is to understand our duties and obligations as Muslims.
Our understanding and relationship with Allah S.W.T determines the response we get from our Dua, we are not all mature and capable of making the right choices due to our inherent weaknesses and forgetfulness of our station.
We have our needs and urgencies and Allah S.W.T knows what's best for us and when it's best for us Tawakal Allah (Relience and trust) is the answer plus remembering that Iman lies between Hawf wa Rija (Hope and Fear) and the best aim in life is Ridha Allah S.W.T.(seeking to please, satisfy)
I sincerely hope this helps you,
Masalam

PS: The best Dua is the Dua of a Nabi (prophet)

Salahudeen
05-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Du'a is an act of worship in which a person calls out to his Lord for assistance and aid. When someone asks you to make du'a for them, they're basically asking you to say a prayer for them.

SAKER
05-12-2011, 03:52 AM
do you also know that Allah s, ansewer the no believer too .....

Anyway a believer must be committed to what Allah ask us to do ...you must pray in time- AL fajr and AL icha´a - in mosque preferably...to remember Allah...and so on

Ghazalah
05-15-2011, 05:13 PM
Just to add. When someone makes dua, then either one of these three things will occur;
-Allah SWT will accept the dua on the spot.
-Allah SWT will remove any harm which may have been coming your way because of that dua
-Allah SWT will save your dua till the Day of Judgement, where a mountain of your duas will be there and you will ask what is it and you will be answered these are your duas which were kept till from you from the dunya to be given to you today.

إحسان
05-27-2011, 02:27 PM
People above this post have given you sufficient and great answers.
I'd personally add and recommend you to read Dua, The weapon of the Believer by Abu Ammaar Yasir Qadhi.
It gives great detail and knowledge of the concept of Dua. It tells of the Basics of Dua, Types of Dua, Benefits of Dua, Pre-Conditions of Dua, Etiquette of Dua, Discouraged Acts during Dua, Recommended times for Dua, and much much much more.

Search: dua the weapon of the believer e book
On Google and click on the first link (should be dhikrullah dot com) and it'll give you a download link.

- Dua

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!