/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Be Cautious of...

Reflections
04-19-2011, 10:35 PM
AsSalaamu Aalaykum WarahmatAllah

This poem was seen pinned up on the wall of a masjid .

Very wise words indeed.

Be Cautious Of.

"Be cautious of humiliating an honorable person Or embarrassing an intelligent one.

Be cautious of ennobling a despicable person Or joking with a foolish one Or indeed living with an immoral being.

I have truly tasted all pleasures in life But I did not find anything sweeter than well-being.

And I have tasted all burdens in life But I did not find anything bitter than being in need of people

And I have carried both iron and stone But I did not find anything more burdensome than debt

You should know that life is but two days; A day in your favor and a day against you

So if it is in your favor, do not become proud And if it is against you, then practice patience."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!