/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Forum down?

Beardo
04-20-2011, 06:57 PM
I think it was yesterday that the forum was down for 7-8 hours. I'm surprised nobody has posted anything about it.

It was an unscheduled maintenance outage. The forum was receiving some errors. Br AabiruSabeel had reported *and* predicted it prior, lol. Khair, insha-Allah. We believe the errors have been removed in case of future mishaps as well. But this is beyond our hands. Everything happens for a reason, so Alhamdulillah! :)

I just thought I'd let you guys know. It's nothing serious - we haven't been hacked or anything either, Alhamdulillah!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
YusufNoor
04-21-2011, 04:44 AM
SO....you're surprised nobody posted that the sight was down....
:threadapp

except...

THEY COULDN'T POST!!!

:threadclo

Ghazalah
04-21-2011, 09:50 PM
:sl:

So what happened? Slight glitch? Or was it just me? :mmokay: Happened the other day too.

Admins if you want me on your team to sort this all out, all you have to do is ask? :rolleyes:

:D

Ansariyah
04-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Yep the forums been down, someone gots some explaning to doo!:X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
04-21-2011, 10:27 PM
It wasn't anyone's fault. I can have the technician come vouch for me on that, before you guys go blaming me for it. >.<

Random outage. Make dua please, that it's all fixed and that it never happens again!

Reflections
04-21-2011, 10:29 PM
May Allah keep the forum up an running for Allah's sake..and grant all those who work towards making it a place of ilm, benefit and seeking ajar.. Jannatul Firdaus..Allahoma ameen

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-21-2011, 10:48 PM
I thought the forum going down was fun : D and also funny : D

I hope that one day the forum also goes up : D

.. peace ..

Beardo
04-22-2011, 02:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
I thought the forum going down was fun : D and also funny : D

I hope that one day the forum also goes up : D
.... I'm sure there was a joke in there somewhere, but I didn't quite catch it...

Abdul-Raouf
04-22-2011, 02:10 AM
..it was down twice this week.....for a looonnng time.. tuesday and thursday IST

Earlier we used to reach a page ..which would say there is a downtime...but this week nothing loaded..

Beardo
04-22-2011, 02:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Raouf
Earlier we used to reach a page ..which would say there is a downtime...but this week nothing loaded..
Our apologies. D= Inshallah, it won't happen again. Please make dua!

Woodrow
04-22-2011, 02:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
It wasn't anyone's fault. I can have the technician come vouch for me on that, before you guys go blaming me for it. >.<

Random outage. Make dua please, that it's all fixed and that it never happens again!
Grandson, I love you, but please stop playing with anything that uses electricity.

Just how in blazes did you manage to break the electric company? Were you flying kites near the high tension lines? Come on now, confess and admit you broke the electric generator at the power plant or you "accidentally" chopped down the electric lines while you were playing with an ax.

Flame of Hope
04-22-2011, 03:15 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
Our apologies. D= Inshallah, it won't happen again. Please make dua!
Brother, it isn't in your hands. It was meant to happen. And a good thing it did.

I felt as though all my brothers and sisters had vanished into thin air. It made me appreciate the forum even more. It feels like a family. :)

Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!

Ramadhan
04-22-2011, 04:55 AM
This is a good website to check next time you are wondering whether the whole islamicboard.com is actually down or you've (or your server) been blocked from accessing it:

http://www.downorjustforme.com/

Endymion
04-22-2011, 06:05 PM
I thought someone is trying to keep me away from the forum :hmm: And then i confirmed it to a friend :p

Alhamdulillah it happened to all of us,not just me lol :D

And i also pray it will not happen again :)

Woodrow
04-22-2011, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
I thought someone is trying to keep me away from the forum :hmm: And then i confirmed it to a friend :p

Alhamdulillah it happened to all of us,not just me lol :D

And i also pray it will not happen again :)
It should be stable now. Beardo has been forbidden to touch anything.

Actually, I am picking on Beardo, this last crash was not the fault of any person. Perhaps it was something we all needed to give us each time to reflect over why we are here. It is also a visual lesson in understanding none of us has any guarantee as to how long we will be in this Dunya.

Haya emaan
04-22-2011, 06:20 PM
oh it wasn't my internet connection fault.... thn y was i blaming it:p

yas2010
04-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Thank Allah all is now ok and IB up and running.

:)

Endymion
04-22-2011, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It should be stable now. Beardo has been forbidden to touch anything.
I get the video footage of what actually happened.Beardo was trying to turn into Red Admin secretly and he got

:skeleton:

Actually, I am picking on Beardo, this last crash was not the fault of any person. Perhaps it was something we all needed to give us each time to reflect over why we are here. It is also a visual lesson in understanding none of us has any guarantee as to how long we will be in this Dunya.
I thought These forums and things like that will go on and on no matter we will be there or not,some other people will take our place :cry:
But good to know that they also have no guarantee of their lives just like us :D

Thanks for saying that :statisfie

Insaanah
04-23-2011, 09:58 PM
Wow, three times in five days.. wasn't the upgrade supposed to stop this kind of thing from happening? (not complaining but asking genuinely).
I guess it's a blessing nothings been lost though. Does anyone know why this keeps on happening?

May Allah help those maintaining the forum and enable it to keep on going and benefitting people, ameen.

Woodrow
04-23-2011, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
Wow, three times in five days.. wasn't the upgrade supposed to stop this kind of thing from happening? (not complaining but asking genuinely).
I guess it's a blessing nothings been lost though. Does anyone know why this keeps on happening?

May Allah help those maintaining the forum and enable it to keep on going and benefitting people, ameen.
Ummah Forum went down a couple hours ago and is still down. I believe they use the same host server we use. I suspect this is a problem with the hosting service computer.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
04-23-2011, 11:18 PM
: D the forum went down again : D

I hope that everyones well insha'Allaah and in good emaan.

.. peace ..

SlaveOfGod
04-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Umman Forum went down a couple hours ago and is still down. I believe they use the same host server we use. I suspect this is a problem with the hosting service computer.
Funny you say this Akhi, another forum which I was on, which uses the same server as this (vBulletin right?), has also been crashing for the past few days.

Woodrow
04-24-2011, 12:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SlaveOfGod
Funny you say this Akhi, another forum which I was on, which uses the same server as this (vBulletin right?), has also been crashing for the past few days.
vBulletin is the program used. sort of like your computer has an Operating system such as Vista or XP. The Server is the computer it is on. It is possible the other forum is also on the same server. But it can also be there is a glitch in the latest updates from vBulletin. I had not thought of that possibility.

Ramadhan
04-24-2011, 04:27 AM
Alhamdulillah no post has been lost in all the three times the site was down.

Samiun
04-24-2011, 12:02 PM
:sl:, I noticed over the years that this site rode a roller coaster. Goes up and down every couple of months.... what a horrifying ride!

Ghazalah
04-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Ummah Forum went down a couple hours ago and is still down. I believe they use the same host server we use. I suspect this is a problem with the hosting service computer.
It's still down. Isn't it possible to lose post/threads etc when something like this happens?

Woodrow
04-24-2011, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
It's still down. Isn't it possible to lose post/threads etc when something like this happens?
Yes it is. But steps have been taken to minimize the chances of it happening and our leader does keep full backups so things can be restored in the event of a full crash. Possibly some threads and posts could not be restored, but the damage would be minimal and only the most recent are at risk of being lost.

Yanal
04-24-2011, 06:02 PM

Atleast it's back up,alhumdulilah.

Reflections
04-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Did it go down today as well?

Woodrow
04-28-2011, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
Did it go down today as well?
SHHHHH, we are still hoping nobody notices.

Reflections
04-28-2011, 11:29 PM
lol sure okay..we can pretend nothing ever happened

Woodrow
04-28-2011, 11:33 PM
lol sure okay..we can pretend nothing ever happened
Correct. Nobody will ever notice it was gone for 8-10 hours.

Flame of Hope
04-28-2011, 11:58 PM
SHHHHH, we are still hoping nobody notices.
ROFL! Ha ha ha ha ha!

I'll keep my hopes up too. ;D

Salahudeen
04-29-2011, 02:23 PM
I sure as hell noticed, all I kept getting was Yahoo pages!! I was trying on the hour every hour :raging:

Haya emaan
04-29-2011, 02:47 PM
Nobody will ever notice it was gone for 8-10 hours.
i thought it was a whole day :hmm:

Asiyah3
04-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Ummah forum also didn't work.

Reflections
05-30-2011, 04:39 PM
Hmmm...Again? Or are we going to play that pretend game?

Who Am I?
05-30-2011, 04:43 PM
It would appear so considering that I couldn't get on until just now since last night. Also, look at how few people have been on today.

GuestFellow
05-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Salaam,

That is my favourite game.

Reflections
05-30-2011, 04:55 PM
^Wa3alaykum asalaam,

Let the game begin...Oh the weathers nice today mashaAllah..:/

Who Am I?
05-30-2011, 04:57 PM
^Wa3alaykum asalaam,

Let the game begin...Oh the weathers nice today mashaAllah..:/
Bit hot out here, though.

Reflections
05-30-2011, 05:05 PM
^^Hmm it's UK here..hot doesn't exist much

Who Am I?
05-30-2011, 05:11 PM
^^Hmm it's UK here..hot doesn't exist much

Ah, right. I'm across the pond in USA. It's a burner here.

Riana17
05-30-2011, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by woodrow
grandson, i love you, but please stop playing with anything that uses electricity.

i am sorry again sir
i am so bad :(
for a while i thought you deleted me in ib

from morning ive been trying to get in, i even bothered our it dept to investigate why i cant open ib
sorry again

Ar-RaYYan
05-30-2011, 05:21 PM
yay! Glad its working again

Who Am I?
05-30-2011, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
i am sorry again sir
i am so bad :(
for a while i thought you deleted me in ib

from morning ive been trying to get in, i even bothered our it dept to investigate why i cant open ib
sorry again

Nah, you're not the only one. I couldn't get on for about 14 hours or so myself.

Haya emaan
05-30-2011, 05:29 PM
what about the game we had played whole day " the page cannot be found"^o)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Oh no! The forum was down! i think it will go up some day!

Oh no! The forum is back and everyone on the forum is back, sad news indeed : (..

now just imagine if everyone on the forum was away and only me was searching it would be awesome, nice and quiet..

.. peace ..

YusufNoor
05-30-2011, 08:26 PM
what? the forum was down?

Ramadhan
05-31-2011, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
i am sorry again sir i am so bad for a while i thought you deleted me in ib from morning ive been trying to get in, i even bothered our it dept to investigate why i cant open ib sorry again

Next time, just use this service:

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
http://www.downorjustforme.com/

Riana17
06-01-2011, 07:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
salam
and shokran brother
excitement or related emotions is not good sometimes, jumping to conclusion like that

Innocent Soul
06-01-2011, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
I remembered this site downorjustforme. In the morning it said it's down and when I tried it at night it said it is working ^o). I was just what should I do imsad. Then I googled that and found the other site that downforeveryoneorjustme and it said that it is down. I was :exhausted. All the time I was just trying and I was feeling bored:unhappy:.

peace_maker
06-07-2011, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
Or simply:
http://www.isup.me/

to check for LI:
http://www.isup.me/www.islamicboard.com

I have it^ bookmarked. Need that so often.
Jazakallah Khayr for that. :) Since last night the forum was down and I got just the thing to conform.

YusufNoor
06-07-2011, 04:59 PM
these crashes are getting to be more regular that an old dude with.....Oh sorry, that would just be in poor taste!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-07-2011, 05:11 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

The forum was down :-\

.. peace ..

Who Am I?
06-07-2011, 05:18 PM
This must be a regular Monday thing.

I can sympathise... Mondays are usually rough for me too.

GuestFellow
06-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Yay the forum was down again! *throws confetti*

Ramadhan
06-08-2011, 02:07 AM
Three things are certain in life:
death, taxes, and regular crashes on IB
<_<

marwen
06-08-2011, 07:55 AM
Just a technical question : can there be a backup website of the forum ? It's just because I noticed the big number of visitors that may want to access the forum in the Forum-down-time. May be a light copy (IB1) of the web server (working on the same data eventually) could be a great idea : when IB goes down, you can switch to IB1, until you complete the update/recovery of IB.

And, Beardo ! you can't make them give you a better salary by making the forum down every time, that's too childish !! (J.K ;D)

Reflections
06-08-2011, 03:18 PM
I thought if I didn't post mentioning that the forum was down (like the last 2 times) then maybe no one would have noticed..Oh well.

Beardo
06-08-2011, 03:21 PM
^ LOL!!!! That's sort of like when a child covers his ears, he thinks nobody can hear him. Or when he covers his eyes, he thinksnobody can see him.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!