/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is Siyah and Sunni ? What do you mean By Hanafi , Shafi , Hambeli , Maleki etc ?

hopeonallah
04-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Hi ! Sir/Madam,

Previously I thought In Islam there are only One people, is call Muslim , who are follow the Word of Allah ( Almighty ) and authentic saying of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) .
But recently I got new knowledge that, there are many types of Muslims call Siyah, Sunni, Hanafi, Shafi, Maleki, hambeli etc ..... each have their own methods .

this sounds are bit new and funny for me . Any body can explain what is different between Muslim and Siyah, Sunni, Hanafi, Shafi, Maleki, hambeli etc ..... ?

I thought Islam is a very easy and contradict free religion which follow one God and the last messenger Mohammad's (PBUH) authentic saying, culture and tradition . But its not true. They follow their scholar more then their prophet saying . Not only this much , they love to call them self with the names of their scholars. They are giving bigger position to their scholar then Mohammad (PBUH) . Because if they love Mohammad (PBUH) most then, they should love to call them self as a MOHAMMADAN rather then Shiyah, Sunni, Hanafi, Shafi, Maleki etc ....

I really don't understand those terminologies. I don't mean to hurt any one . I am just sharing my knowledge , Its does not mean my knowledge is correct . I got those knowledge from WWW.SUNNIFORUM.COM . Please correct me by the right knowledge .

Thank you ....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
05-31-2011, 01:32 AM
Salaam/Peace

format_quote Originally Posted by hopeonallah
... Any body can explain what is different between Muslim and Siyah, Sunni, Hanafi, Shafi, Maleki, hambeli etc ..... ? ....

Holy Quran gave the guide lines ; some scholars explained the verses of Quran ; described what Prophet pbuh did etc. and sadly there are some difference in their explanations / concepts . But the good news is :
There is no differences among scholars and thier followers that God is one and Muhammed pbuh is His messenger .

If we can stick to these 2 important matters , God Willing , we will be save from eternal fire :)

We must not engage ourselves in any debate like which scholar was more knowledgable and which opinion is the best. Let's try to avoid the hellfire by worshipping one God only.

And God Almighty Knows Best.

ardianto
05-31-2011, 02:47 AM
:sl:

First generation of Muslims learned Islam direct from Rasulullah (saw), and they become knowledgeable persons. However, after Rasulullah (saw) passed away, people could not learn Islam direct from Rasulullah (saw) anymore. So, they learned from those knowledgeable person. Then Islamic knowledge taught from generation to generation.

Of course, not every knowledgeable person in the past was capable to teaches Islamic knowledge. But there were some persons that known as persons who had high knowledge, and they were capable to teaches Islamic knowledge. People studied Islam from those teachers. Later, these students became teachers and taught that Islamic knowledge to their students. These new students later became teachers too and taught Islamic knowledge to next generation of students.

It's look like a school where Islamic thought (fiqh) taught from generation to generation. People call this School of Thought as "Madhab". And people named these Schools of Thought like name of the first teacher in these schools. School which the first teacher is Imam Abu Hanifa, called Hanafi. School which the first teacher is Imam Idris as-Shafi'i, called Shafi'i.

Although there are some little differences between thought that taught in one school and other schools, all knowledge that taught in those school were sourced from Rasulullah (saw).

This is the history of "Ushul Fiqh. This is the history of "Madhab"

Sadly, sometime I found a Muslim who claim himself/herself follow "Madhab of Rasulullah (saw)" without understand in exactly what is Madhab means.

tigerkhan
05-31-2011, 07:01 AM
there are 2 things to be cleared about.
the first is Shia and Sunni. there is a difference in beliefs so shia are mis guided ppl.
in sunni there are shafi, hambli, malaki, hanafi....all these have same beliefs. there is not a single drop of difference. the difference in only in fiqa and the reason is defined above by ardianto. also note that all these four fiqa are right bcz all are based from quran and sunnah. so muslims should choose anyone completely and follow it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!