/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marrying someone with a child. It is so wrong?

PiousGirl_86
05-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah,

Hello all,

I am new to this board, but have been reading for a while in the last few days. I have a question to ask the members on here and i wondered if you can offer your help and advice and even your support. I will provide a little bit of a background, so please forgive me for the length of this.

I have been divorced for almost a year now due to an abusive marriage from not only my ex husband but his family too. It was the most terrible 4 months of my life. Alhumdulilah, i am happy to be free. However, i became pregnant early and so i am raising a baby all on my own. It has been hard but i am getting by with the Grace of Allah (swt). Since then i have had space and time for myself and now i feel i am ready to meet someone to marry again. However, as you all can imagine it has been an even harder struggle to meet a good Muslim who would not judge me as they don't even make an effort to know my personality but only see this baby, let alone that i am divorced. What happened to looking at my Deen and Personality as the Hadith had suggested? I don't want to run the risk of saying anything bad to offend anyone, but it is made me become very disappointed in Muslim men in general, as i find it appalling. I have found it easier to meet non-Muslim men who do not mind a child, but i do not want that, Allah (swt) comes first for me. Some even marry someone with 2 or 3 children, but when it comes to a Muslim, he doesn't want to know you. It is no wonder non-Muslim societies think they see that this is Islam, treating a woman as second class citizen when it is culture and ignorance.

My question is this, does the Sunnah forbid this? As i recall, the Prophet (pbuh) married a number of divorced women and widows. Even his beloved Khadijah bint Khuwaylid, the love of his life, was a divorcee, but i believe it is not clear whether she had children before marrying him. However, many seem to forget this and often let culture come first and not the Islam. Some often feel they are better than this, or deserve better.

Secondly, can anyone provide any Quranic teaching or Hadith to show that it is highly pleasing or okay to marry a divorced woman with a child?

Like i said i find too often that culture, of especially the family, get in the way. Many people seem to follow a 'request' to not marry a divorcee, let alone someone with a child. This is a question for especially men, why can't they stand up and correct their parents and do the honourably thing when you meet a woman you like? Doesn't the Sunnah state that you should correct a dislikeable/wrong thing with your tongue?

Yes, i understand some men have this problem too, even though the children live away from home. I find the female, not surprisingly, has to bare the brunt and sigma of consequences that were not all her fault. As an Ummah we should be looking after, taking care and protecting our females in society, especially those of us in such a position, not judging us and pushing us to the side. But many seem to pick their own rules.

Sorry for blabbing on, but this is a topic that has really got me upset as i have felt like an old used toy and i was unfortunately married for only 4 months to a badly brought up manchild and i have a child for the rest of my life. However do not think, i see my child as a burden in any way, it has made me very happy and i feel very blessed in so many ways, Alhumdulilah.

Thanks for your time and please i love to here your explanations and advice.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Futuwwa
05-03-2011, 11:46 PM
Just what I was able to come up with a quick quransearch. Yusuf Ali's translation.

[004:003] If ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly with the orphans, Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.

[076:008] And they feed, for the love of God, the indigent, the orphan, and the captive,-

Well, technically your child isn't an orphan and you aren't a widow, but your child is effectively fatherless and you've lost a husband through no fault of your own so I'd say it's close enough. Allah even instituted polygamy so people like you and your son could be cared for. I rest my case.

There is absolutely no blame on you, nor is there any Islamic reason to hold your history against you. I'd advise you to regard your current predicament as a husband filter. Any man who would reject you because of your history would probably not be a good husband anyway. It might take you a good while to find a suitor, but when you do there's a greater chance that he'll be a good one. In the meantime, take care as best as you can. Does your family live close by? You should rely on them for support to share the burden of being a single mother.

Salahudeen
05-04-2011, 12:09 AM
My mother was also a divorcee and she never got married again, she raised me all by herself alhamdulilah, I understand your sadness and where you're coming from, your story is very similar to hers in that she also had an abusive husband. Men have that attitude unfortunetly where they think "He's not mine why should I spend on him". They see the child as luggage I'm afraid imsad and they would find it hard to see him as their own and spend on him, and if you had more kids, the guy could quite possibly treat your son differently compared to his own kids.

Of course there is good men out there who understand that it is the right of every Muslim woman to be married and be taken care of, and to raise a child who is not yours entails a great blessing and reward, you just have to make lots of du'a and find him. I think you will have more chance if you look for other divorced men cos they would be more accepting, unfortunately men who have never been married also want to marry someone who has never been married.

PiousGirl_86
05-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Thank you Fatuwwa and Salahudeen for your responses.

Salahudeen I find it interesting that you say that I should consider a divorcee myself. I do but I am very young still, 22 in fact and most divorced men are a lot older. It is quite difficult compromising with them as they are stuck in their old, own ways. Age is quite an issue for me I cannot by past that especially wince my ex husband was older than me by 8 years. my experience tells me other wise. I wish they were younger men who didn't have such a narrow mind view. But yes as Futuwwa pointed having a child would weed out the not so good people. Inshallah I pray Allah gives me patience.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Futuwwa
05-04-2011, 01:01 AM
Well, at least a divorcee has the advantage of previous experience of being married. A good guy who made a sincere effort at a marriage that just didn't work out may be precisely what you need. A new beginning for you both. And in case he brings along children from an earlier marriage, he can impossibly object to your son. And an age difference need not be an insurmountable problem either, some of the Prophet's happiest marriages were with women he had a significant age difference with.

Honestly, I'd just keep looking and evaluate potential spouses as you encounter them, each case individually, rather than have too many preconceived ideas about what external characteristics would make a good spouse. Well, that's what I do. But then, I'm unmarried at 25 so take my advice for what it's worth :hiding:

Maryan0
05-04-2011, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
My mother was also a divorcee and she never got married again, she raised me all by herself alhamdulilah, I understand your sadness and where you're coming from, your story is very similar to hers in that she also had an abusive husband. Men have that attitude unfortunetly where they think "He's not mine why should I spend on him". They see the child as luggage I'm afraid imsad and they would find it hard to see him as their own and spend on him, and if you had more kids, the guy could quite possibly treat your son differently compared to his own kids.

Of course there is good men out there who understand that it is the right of every Muslim woman to be married and be taken care of, and to raise a child who is not yours entails a great blessing and reward, you just have to make lots of du'a and find him. I think you will have more chance if you look for other divorced men cos they would be more accepting, unfortunately men who have never been married also want to marry someone who has never been married.
My mother was also a divorcee and raised me and my older sibling by herself for a long time but alhamdulilah my mother remarried and it was actually my step dads first time married so divorcee's getting remarried does occur.
To the OP don't give up or become embittered if it's meant to be inshallah you will find someone.
Salam

CosmicPathos
05-04-2011, 03:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PiousGirl_86

Salahudeen I find it interesting that you say that I should consider a divorcee myself. I do but I am very young still, 22 in fact and most divorced men are a lot older. It is quite difficult compromising with them as they are stuck in their old, own ways. Age is quite an issue for me I cannot by past that especially wince my ex husband was older than me by 8 years. my experience tells me other wise. I wish they were younger men who didn't have such a narrow mind view. But yes as Futuwwa pointed having a child would weed out the not so good people. Inshallah I pray Allah gives me patience.
8 years is not that much of a difference, imho. But most mature young unmarried men will be looking to marry unmarried and chaste (virgin) women. Of course there are exceptions. I hope you find such an exception as per your desires/wishes.

Ansariyah
05-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Would you consider someone whos of a different culture but is a Muslim? I dont think that all Muslims have this common view towards divorced sistas. Some are actually very welcoming and dont see anything bad with it. The problem is the culture, not Islam. Dont set your prime hope only on those of your culture.

Perseveranze
05-04-2011, 12:37 PM
Sometimes you forget that culture and family pressure pays a big value in marraige. It's not always the person's choice I'm afraid and this is sadly common in many Cultures who are also Islamic. People just need to stand up for themselves and say their going to follow only Islam not the culture their raised in.

A true pious Muslim, who geniunly likes you will EASILY see past your divorce/child. Those who don't, I believe aren't good enough for you.

nature
05-04-2011, 12:40 PM
:sl:

Sis I really, feel for you. 22 is still pretty young though? & no its not wrong to marry some1 with a child. I was considering someone who had 2, late 40's and was more than 10 years my senior. I used to think like you about the age thing, but when you get older, your views/priorities will change. Just dont rule out older men.
I agree with others, search for some1 who has been in a similar situation to you.

People marry for a variety of things and sometimes those qualities they find in a previously married person with kids and not with anyone else. Don’t worry about what people think or what they will say.

take time out, enjoy motherhood, let yourself grow as a person. & make plenty of dua.

:wa:

PiousGirl_86
05-04-2011, 02:25 PM

Thanks for all your response to my questions.

Yanoorah it is interesting you said culture is seen as a big problem. I highly agree with you, but you see the thing is i am not even Pakistani or Indian or even Arab. I am South American. I follow Islam, but i was so shocked and appalled to see how these cultures stigmatise the woman. It is hard for me to even marrying into some of these cultures as i was never brought up that way of living. I am speaking form my experiences. It is as Perseveranze mentioned, and i highly agree with him that, most of these men do not stand up for themselves and say to their parents what they want or even correct them on this issue. Unfortunately it is down to upbringing and like you mentioned, i will have to be patient as one who was brought up well, and he may even be a divorcee himself, will come along.

Nature it is funny you mentioned that i shouldn't rule out men, as mentioned my ex husband was 8 years my senior. I thought the age difference would not matter, but it really did for me. I received a lot of oppression and sense a lot of paranoia on his part. I know it differs from person to person but i have a fear it will happen again.

Cabdullahi
05-04-2011, 02:47 PM
maybe you need to consider another revert who has no cultural brainwashing.

Salahudeen
05-04-2011, 08:13 PM

You're in a very tough situation imsad you see I'm 22 myself and I don't think I'm any where near ready to be a dad, as will most young men, because marriage in and of itself is a big responsibility and taking care of a child is an even greater responsiblity and many young men will feel they're not ready for it, even if they don't have the attitude and mentality that I mentioned earlier. Of course not everyone is the same there may be someone young who is ready. Maybe if you look for someone around 25-28, you will have some joy inshaAllah. And that isn't much older than you.

nature
05-04-2011, 08:14 PM

Nature it is funny you mentioned that i shouldn't rule out men, as mentioned my ex husband was 8 years my senior. I thought the age difference would not matter, but it really did for me. I received a lot of oppression and sense a lot of paranoia on his part. I know it differs from person to person but i have a fear it will happen again.
Dont take this the wrong way sis, but 22 is really really young, & if im honest i wud no way get married to any1 younger, marriage is hard enuf you wana be on the same page. i know every1's different but even wen i was 22 i would no way have got married to anyone older. maybe you both had different ideas of marriage ??

Things change, you'll change, when you grow as a person, and have had time out, reflected on everything, and if you keep hold onto your deen, then you'll broaden your views of potential spouses. You'll look at things totally differently, i know you prob dont think so now, but trust me you will. Like i sed i was considering sum1 more than 10 years older. My friends looked at me like i had gone off my trolley :hmm: wen i asked for their input, but age seriously doesnt matter. I agree with the above, that you shud maybe look for a revert, this is your best chance. most of my friends and ideally i would find this easier, no way wud you want the hassle of being tied down to a cultural guy who bows down to mommy. This culture malarky screws a person up, i know how divorcees are percieved in my culture, cos i have m8s that in your situation also. Just dont rush into anything for the sake of getting married. Make plenty of dua, and ask allah, he knows best.

SAKER
05-05-2011, 11:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nature
i know how divorcees are percieved in my culture
You are Arabian ...?

Rhubarb Tart
05-05-2011, 04:14 PM

Hmmm I don’t want to be one to break the bad news. But if you do choose to remarry then you would have to give up your child. Your mother or sister, or the father would take care of your child. I am surprised no one mentioned this.

So if you find a brother to marry you have to choose between raising your child or having a husband.

According to Amr Ibn Shu'aib, a woman came to the Prophet* and said: 'Truly my belly served as a container for my son here, and my breast served as a skin-bag for him (to drink out of) and my bosom served as a refuge for him; and now his father has divorced me, and he (also) desires to take him away from me.' The Prophet sallalahu Alaihe wasallam said: 'You have a better right to have him, as long as you do not marry again. Hadith: Ibn Majah The mother is recognised as generally the fittest person to take care of the children, because of the instinctive love and tenderness she feels for them and her closer contact with them throughout pregnancy, nursing, and childhood. However, if the mother marries again she would generally forfeit her right to custody.
http://www.islamic-sharia.org/childr...r-divorce.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthre...4298200&page=1

Maybe, the cultural attitude towards you (which is sad and wrong) as single mother is a blessing in disguise?

Best regards

Salahudeen
05-05-2011, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sweet106

Hmmm I don’t want to be one to break the bad news. But if you do choose to remarry then you would have to give up your child. Your mother or sister, or the father would take care of your child. I am surprised no one mentioned this.

So if you find a brother to marry you have to choose between raising your child or having a husband.

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthre...4298200&page=1

Maybe, the cultural attitude towards you (which is sad and wrong) as single mother is a blessing in disguise?

Best regards
I was told a woman would only have to, if the father wanted the children. If he doesn't want to take custody of the children then she can keep them.

Rhubarb Tart
05-05-2011, 04:31 PM
I was told a woman would only have to, if the father wanted the children. If he doesn't want to take custody of the children then she can keep them.
Hey

I haven’t heard any scholar say that. Btw if the child is under 7 years old he/she is passed to grandmother or aunty etc then after the age of 7 the father would get the custody.

And I quote you this:

The custody of children is the responsibility of the mother after divorce. This condition shall remain in force until a boy becomes sexually mature, or until a girl is married away and the marriage consummated. If the mother dies or marries another husband, the right of custody passes into the hands of the grandmother; after her comes the maternal aunt. But if there are more of the mother's maternal relations the right shall pass into the hands of sisters and paternal aunts. And if there are none of these, the right passes into the hands of agnates.

Futuwwa
05-05-2011, 05:18 PM
None of those hadiths referred to in the links and the other threads are sahih hadiths. Nor do they reinforce or further develop any ideas stated in the Quran or in sahih hadiths, so I'd consider that pretty flimsy evidence. Besides, I see certain logical inconsistencies in the arguments made. The quoted hadith:

According to Amr Ibn Shu'aib, a woman came to the Prophet* and said: 'Truly my belly served as a container for my son here, and my breast served as a skin-bag for him (to drink out of) and my bosom served as a refuge for him; and now his father has divorced me, and he (also) desires to take him away from me.' The Prophet sallalahu Alaihe wasallam said: 'You have a better right to have him, as long as you do not marry again.
It says the mother has a superior right until she remarries, but it doesn't say anything about her right relative to the father after remarrying. It doesn't say that the father's right is superior afterwards. It could just as well mean only that her right is only equal afterwards, not superior.

Also, in that same thread linked to, the following hadith was invoked:

Abu Huraira (RA) reported that the Prophet (SAWS) has given a lad a choice between his father and his mother.(Ahmad, Ibn Majah, Tirmidhi)
A choice by the kid, then, without any reference to the marital status of either parent. One might object that this hadith only tells about a specific case which we don't know the exact details of, and that thus the Prophet's verdict was for that case only, and not intended to lay down a general rule. But exactly the same could be said about the first hadith quoted in this thread.

Salahudeen
05-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Hey

I haven’t heard any scholar say that. Btw if the child is under 7 years old he/she is passed to grandmother or aunty etc then after the age of 7 the father would get the custody.

And I quote you this:

You're right, but if the mother doesn't trust them to raise the children for example they're corrupt she can take the case to court and a judge will decide. That is if the father doesn't want them. If the father does want them but she thinks he's not in a suitable condition to raise them, i.e he's not praticing, then she can take the case to court also and a judge will decide.

nature
05-05-2011, 07:55 PM

First ive heard. ! the OP sed she was in an abusive relationship so how is the father capable of looking after a child ?? wen it needs the mother most ? how is a woman expected to "give up" her child ?? even to one of her relatives ?? is that the compromise she has to make ?? child or husband ??

Perseveranze
05-05-2011, 08:28 PM
First ive heard. ! the OP sed she was in an abusive relationship so how is the father capable of looking after a child ?? wen it needs the mother most ? how is a woman expected to "give up" her child ?? even to one of her relatives ?? is that the compromise she has to make ?? child or husband ??
If he's abusive/unable to take care, then I doubt he's getting the child whether he wants it or not.

nature
05-05-2011, 09:00 PM
but why does the woman have to make a choice ?? between a child and starting afresh ?? i dont get it ?? I know loads of sisters that have remarried, and they never gave up their kids, the biological father still provides, or they hav joint custody. how can a sister's mother take responsibility bearing in mind most of our parents will be OAP's ?

al yunan
05-06-2011, 02:31 AM
but you see the thing is i am not even Pakistani or Indian or even Arab. I am South American.
Walaikum Salam hermana,
Concidering your situation and all the different senarios and of cource the tenants of Shariah, My advice to you is go home. I don't know which country in South America you're from but I know there are Muslims everywhere.
Also knowing a bit about your present country I would highly recommend you do it quickly.
Remeber that people you follow culture (Adat) instead of Adab Islam need NO concideration as to Shariah as they use it when and how it suits them.
May Allah S.W.T grant you his protection and with speed guide you to safety.
Masalam

Rhubarb Tart
05-06-2011, 03:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
None of those hadiths referred to in the links and the other threads are sahih hadiths. Nor do they reinforce or further develop any ideas stated in the Quran or in sahih hadiths, so I'd consider that pretty flimsy evidence. Besides, I see certain logical inconsistencies in the arguments made. The quoted hadith:

It says the mother has a superior right until she remarries, but it doesn't say anything about her right relative to the father after remarrying. It doesn't say that the father's right is superior afterwards. It could just as well mean only that her right is only equal afterwards, not superior.

Also, in that same thread linked to, the following hadith was invoked:

A choice by the kid, then, without any reference to the marital status of either parent. One might object that this hadith only tells about a specific case which we don't know the exact details of, and that thus the Prophet's verdict was for that case only, and not intended to lay down a general rule. But exactly the same could be said about the first hadith quoted in this thread.

no, the father right is not superior afterwards. Hence: why the child should be raised by the mother's mother, aunty etc. The last Hadith is used as a reason why the child gets to choose after age of seven. Anyway this is what most scholars say not me. Most say that the mother no longer gets to have her child after she has remarried. But I also don’t know whether this is compulsory. I thought you should know the situation since you have the desire to get married. Talk to a scholar about whether this is a fix rule.

I am in similar position as you btw. It would be nice for you to feedback on what the scholar has said to you. I dont think I will ever have desires like you to get married again but it would be nice to know just in case my circumstances may change.

Best regards

al yunan
05-07-2011, 02:05 PM
I have been divorced for almost a year now due to an abusive marriage from not only my ex husband but his family too. It was the most terrible 4 months of my life.
Assalamu Alaikum to all,

I've reading the replies to the sister and even though the replies are within Shariah the above fact of abuse surely takes precedence over all other matters, No ?
I'm also interested to find out the correct answer as I'm familiar with the Shariah in cases such as this under normal circumstances but as far as I know this a case for a Qadi for it involves mistreatment.
The problem as I see it is, will she get a fair verdict as she is a foreigner in a land of strange Fatwas.
In ideal situations where the Qadi is versed in four Mathab and true, she would most likely get justice.
In reality once its thought that she might take the child to a Kaafir country (South America) even if she has no intention to do so the case is over before it starts.
I've been around this part of the world more than two decades. Without powerful Embassy help case lost.

May Allah S.W.T protect us from this World's justice.
Masalam

Futuwwa
05-09-2011, 10:11 AM
no, the father right is not superior afterwards. Hence: why the child should be raised by the mother's mother, aunty etc. The last Hadith is used as a reason why the child gets to choose after age of seven. Anyway this is what most scholars say not me. Most say that the mother no longer gets to have her child after she has remarried. But I also don’t know whether this is compulsory. I thought you should know the situation since you have the desire to get married. Talk to a scholar about whether this is a fix rule.

I am in similar position as you btw. It would be nice for you to feedback on what the scholar has said to you. I dont think I will ever have desires like you to get married again but it would be nice to know just in case my circumstances may change.

Best regards
Salaam sister,

Unfortunately I can't provide scholarly input on this issue, I haven't consulted any scholar on it. In fact I didn't know about this issue before you posted in this thread. I just posted my own thoughts - I might not be a hadith scholar, but spotting logical errors in an argument doesn't require that. Though, I'm up for correction if any more scholarly type here can show me where I'm wrong. If I encounter any scholar irl I might ask, though they're very scarce over here.

And I don't think I'm in a similar position as you, you must have misunderstood my post to PiousGirl. I'm looking to get married, but I have never been married before.

PiousGirl_86
05-17-2011, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al yunan
Walaikum Salam hermana,
Concidering your situation and all the different senarios and of cource the tenants of Shariah, My advice to you is go home. I don't know which country in South America you're from but I know there are Muslims everywhere.
Also knowing a bit about your present country I would highly recommend you do it quickly.
Remeber that people you follow culture (Adat) instead of Adab Islam need NO concideration as to Shariah as they use it when and how it suits them.
May Allah S.W.T grant you his protection and with speed guide you to safety.
Masalam
Salaam Brother

I have a south American heritage but i was born British. So i would say i am British. But it has been my surprise that culture comes so much in the way when it comes to finding a spouse, often before deen. It is very wrong, i do not know why the next generation do not change this i mean are people not adults with a mind of their own any more? I know one must be obedient to their parents but parents abuse this by controlling their children's lives and every aspect of their lives, not only to whom they marry but to where they spend they wages on and how they use their car. yes i have come across many ridiculous things. I see this almost as using Islamic hadith to blackmail.

My point being children are a blessing from Allah and a privilege not a right. Parents should not think they own their children and every aspect of their lives till they die. This is abused by them in most cases. Yes, one should be responsible for their children and consider that whom they marry has Deen and comes from good family but not abused this privilege by controlling their wages and assets and most importantly their entire lives.

But i thank everyone for their answers.

SAKER
05-17-2011, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
The problem is the culture, not Islam. Dont set your prime hope only on those of your culture.

wow VERY VERY GOOD ....PEOPLE MAKE things in some cultures as if it was part of Islam wrongly .....

Our rasoul al Allah Mohammed -p.u.h- got married with Khadija -she was older -AND THEY WERE VERY HAPPY

Unfortunately many Muslims have a superficial understanding for Islam.

People do not know that they will be rewarded by Allah raising an other child ??????

Hamza Asadullah
05-17-2011, 10:54 PM

Hello all,

I am new to this board, but have been reading for a while in the last few days. I have a question to ask the members on here and i wondered if you can offer your help and advice and even your support. I will provide a little bit of a background, so please forgive me for the length of this.

I have been divorced for almost a year now due to an abusive marriage from not only my ex husband but his family too. It was the most terrible 4 months of my life. Alhumdulilah, i am happy to be free. However, i became pregnant early and so i am raising a baby all on my own. It has been hard but i am getting by with the Grace of Allah (swt). Since then i have had space and time for myself and now i feel i am ready to meet someone to marry again. However, as you all can imagine it has been an even harder struggle to meet a good Muslim who would not judge me as they don't even make an effort to know my personality but only see this baby, let alone that i am divorced. What happened to looking at my Deen and Personality as the Hadith had suggested? I don't want to run the risk of saying anything bad to offend anyone, but it is made me become very disappointed in Muslim men in general, as i find it appalling. I have found it easier to meet non-Muslim men who do not mind a child, but i do not want that, Allah (swt) comes first for me. Some even marry someone with 2 or 3 children, but when it comes to a Muslim, he doesn't want to know you. It is no wonder non-Muslim societies think they see that this is Islam, treating a woman as second class citizen when it is culture and ignorance.

My question is this, does the Sunnah forbid this? As i recall, the Prophet (pbuh) married a number of divorced women and widows. Even his beloved Khadijah bint Khuwaylid, the love of his life, was a divorcee, but i believe it is not clear whether she had children before marrying him. However, many seem to forget this and often let culture come first and not the Islam. Some often feel they are better than this, or deserve better.

Secondly, can anyone provide any Quranic teaching or Hadith to show that it is highly pleasing or okay to marry a divorced woman with a child?

Like i said i find too often that culture, of especially the family, get in the way. Many people seem to follow a 'request' to not marry a divorcee, let alone someone with a child. This is a question for especially men, why can't they stand up and correct their parents and do the honourably thing when you meet a woman you like? Doesn't the Sunnah state that you should correct a dislikeable/wrong thing with your tongue?

Yes, i understand some men have this problem too, even though the children live away from home. I find the female, not surprisingly, has to bare the brunt and sigma of consequences that were not all her fault. As an Ummah we should be looking after, taking care and protecting our females in society, especially those of us in such a position, not judging us and pushing us to the side. But many seem to pick their own rules.

Sorry for blabbing on, but this is a topic that has really got me upset as i have felt like an old used toy and i was unfortunately married for only 4 months to a badly brought up manchild and i have a child for the rest of my life. However do not think, i see my child as a burden in any way, it has made me very happy and i feel very blessed in so many ways, Alhumdulilah.

Thanks for your time and please i love to here your explanations and advice.
Asalaamu Alaikum, jazakallahu khayr for sharing your issues with us as i know it could not have been easy.

There are many Muslim sisters out there in your position and it is a difficult position to be in especially when there is a child involved. But you must think to yourself that those men who reject you are simply not meant for you. Surely Allah has someone better in store for you.

I know of a case just recently where a divorced sister who went through similar experiences which caused her to have a divorce and she also had a child. After a while of looking for a partner she ended up finding a single man who accepted her child as her own.

So you must continue to be patient and persevere in trying to find a partner and those that reject you then do not think bad of them or think that they are "not good" because we should never judge and a single and unmarried man or women does have a right to marry similar to them. I myself have seen that many sisters also have had the same requirements that the man be single and never married with no children.

So it is a right that a single and unmarried person has to choose whether or not they would prefer to marry a single or previously married person. So this is something which you should respect and not look down on those people.

There are also many cultural hurdles that stop brothers and sisters being able to marry whoever they want but unless you are not from those cultures then you would never understand it from their perspective. It is not as easy as you may think to go against cultural restraints but it does differ from one family to another aswell as one culture to another. But soon as the new generations of Muslims continue to grow in the western world then these cultural restraints will also begin to dissapear.

So my sister look at it as whoever comes your way and it does not proceed to marriage then they were simply not meant for you but know that Allah has someone better in store for you as long as you go about marriage in the permissable way.

You must NEVER lose hope as that is what shaythan wants but you must continue to strive and persevere and explore all of the permissable avenues of looking for a marriage partner and at the same time make sincere dua and put your FULL hope, trust and faith in Allah that he will do what is best for you.

Beg of Allah in dua to help you fulfill your requests especially during Tahajjud time in the third portion of the night.

Also do the following to help you find a marriage partner:

1. Pray 2 rakat salaatul Hajaat:

The hadith regarding it:
Abullah ibn Abi Awfa (Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “Whoever has a need with Allah, or with any human being, then let them perform ritual ablutions well and then pray two rakats. After that, let them praise Allah and send blessings on the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace). After this, let them say,

لا إِلَهَ إِلا اللَّهُ الْحَلِيمُ الْكَرِيمُ
سُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَرْشِ الْعَظِيمِ

الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِين
أَسْأَلُكَ مُوجِبَاتِ رَحْمَتِكَ وَعَزَائِمَ مَغْفِرَتِكَ وَالْغَنِيمَةَ مِنْ كُلِّ بِرٍّ وَالسَّلامَةَ مِنْ كُلّإِثْمٍ
لا تَدَعْ لِي ذَنْبًا إِلا غَفَرْتَهُ وَلا هَمًّا إِلا فَرَّجْتَهُ وَلا حَاجَةً هِيَ لَكَ رِضًا إِلا قَضَيْتَهَا يَا أَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِينَ

There there no god but Allah the Clement and Wise.
There is no god but Allah the High and Mighty.
Glory be to Allah, Lord of the Tremendous Throne.
All praise is to Allah, Lord of the worlds.
I ask you (O Allah) everything that leads to your mercy, and your tremendous forgiveness, enrichment in all good, and freedom from all sin.
Do not leave a sin of mine (O Allah), except that you forgive it, nor any concern except that you create for it an opening, nor any need in which there is your good pleasure except that you fulfill it, O Most Merciful!”

[Related by Tirmidhi and Ibn Maja)

Here is the dua after praying 2 rakat salaatul hajaat:

http://www.central-mosque.com/Dua/11...0of%20need.htm

2. Give as much Sadaqa as possible for the pleasure of Allah

3. Make much strong dua to Allah particularly in the latter portuion of the night after praying Tahajjud prayer. Cry to Allah if you can for Allah tends the slave who cries and weeps faster than a mother tends its baby.

4. Leave major sins for this gets in the way of duas being accepted.

5. Thank Allah as much as possible for how happy would Allah be with his slave who is thankful to him even though they may be going through difficult trials.

6. Make dua as much as possible in the following situations where dua is more likely to be accepted:

- After every fardh salaat and before going to bed, and after making wudhu(after the wudhu dua), while raining, while azzan is in progress(time when the muezzin pauses during the azaan), after azaan, between azaan and iqmah, when the cock crows, in a religious gathering, while travelling to masjid or on the way to meet a sick person etc

There is also an hour on Jumma where duas are definatley accepted so do as much dua as possible during Jumma.

7. Do plenty of durood before and after dua.

Increase the avenues you are currently exploring in order to find a suitable marriage partner like:

9. Ask around for those who have contacts for marriage because in most areas where there are Muslims there are usually 8omen who have contacts which they pass on to people and if it gets to marriage then you just pay them a small fee.

9. Goto proper Islamic marriage events where the girls are accompanied by their mahrams

10. Join some Muslim marriage sites where a mahram is involved like purematrimony.com

11. Ask around your local area in al of your local masjids. You can phone them and they will be more than willing to put you in ouch with the right person who sets up local marriages.

12. Ask close friends or relatives.

13. Recite the following:

Rabbi innee limaa anzalta ilayya min khayrin faqeer

136x's everyday

[My lord, I am in absolute need of the good You send me]

Source: http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...D=1908&CATE=10

14. a) Be in the state of Tahaarah (Wudhu)
b) Praise and glorify Allah
c) Have faith that Allah Ta'ala is All-Hearing and your Du'aas will be
accepted.
d)Read durood shareef upto 500 times a day. (Read the Duroode-Ibrahimi, which we read in Salaah, at least 500 times a day, the great Hadhrat Sheikh Zakariyya has written this in his letters).

Source: http://www.islam.tc/cgi-bin/askimam/...=8597&act=view

So my sister NEVER give up hope because whatever is best will happen for you because with hardship comes ease. When you finally find the one who is destined for you then you will appreciate him so much more.

Remember: YOU WILL GET WHAT IS DESTINED TO YOU BUT WHEN YOU WILL GET IT ONLY ALLAH KNOWS BEST.

So please act upon the advice i have given you and continue to be strong, strive and persevere and in the end you will be victorious!

May Allah find you the best and most pious person who will benefit you in this world and the next. Ameen

And Allah knows best in all matters

Cabdullahi
05-17-2011, 10:55 PM
Many people love children...

Beardo
05-17-2011, 11:31 PM
I pray that Allah Ta'ala eases your situation. 22 is young, but still young for a re-marriage too. May Allah Ta'ala bless you with a wonderful husband.

kingkong
05-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Don't feel sorry for yourself, perhaps that's why Allah is holding back on helping you find a new husband.

A very good man match maker in Birmingham said, he helps a lot of divorces to re-marry, but the women who talk about the suffering as a single mother as a hardship take much longer than those single mothers who make no mention of the difficulties.

So the first thing I'd advise you to do is not complain or feel sorry for yourself, there are people all over the world who are in a far worse situation.

When you are ready, go to a helpful matchmaker, they are available all over the world through masjids. Hopefully he can help you find someone. Be realistic too, it's highly unlikely there will be a queue of mothers who will want a divorcee for their son (they are entitled to marry who they want to their sons), so perhaps you shoudl aim for a divorcee like you or a widower?

I will end by saying, I understand the difficulties many women go through in marriages, and as sorry as I feel for them, I wouldn't even marry one, not because of fear of another failed marriage, but because of the thought she has been touched by another man, I could never ever get that out of my head. I don't know if that's the reason why other men won't marry and it isn't a nice thought, but what to do?

Insha'allah you'll find happiness.

PiousGirl_86
05-19-2011, 10:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kingkong
Don't feel sorry for yourself, perhaps that's why Allah is holding back on helping you find a new husband.

A very good man match maker in Birmingham said, he helps a lot of divorces to re-marry, but the women who talk about the suffering as a single mother as a hardship take much longer than those single mothers who make no mention of the difficulties.

So the first thing I'd advise you to do is not complain or feel sorry for yourself, there are people all over the world who are in a far worse situation.

When you are ready, go to a helpful matchmaker, they are available all over the world through masjids. Hopefully he can help you find someone. Be realistic too, it's highly unlikely there will be a queue of mothers who will want a divorcee for their son (they are entitled to marry who they want to their sons), so perhaps you shoudl aim for a divorcee like you or a widower?

I will end by saying, I understand the difficulties many women go through in marriages, and as sorry as I feel for them, I wouldn't even marry one, not because of fear of another failed marriage, but because of the thought she has been touched by another man, I could never ever get that out of my head. I don't know if that's the reason why other men won't marry and it isn't a nice thought, but what to do?

Insha'allah you'll find happiness.
Assalaamu alailkum,

Thanks for your words and help Hamza81, I make dua everyday for a good husband and father for my child. I always think that what is for me and what Allah wills, will be for me. Trust me I am being patient.*

Kingkong I believe you have misread my first post, I am not struggling as a single mother in fact I have been very much better off not being married at the moment, however my choice to marry is not only because I want to and feel the need for companionship but because I want to complete my deen. But yes I know I must be patient which I am for I know something better is always around the corner.*

I very much understand that parents don't want their sons marrying someone previously married but i think you missed that i did write that is was down to cultural upbringing. The brainwashing that a woman has been married before is bad and she is the worse. This is a bad attitude to take. Imagine if that woman was your own sister, mother, aunt or daughter, then you would only know of the sigma and only then would you know how it hurts. I understand that some men are not responsible enough to look after a child which I am fine with as I do need someone mature and responsible. That is a valid reason, not all men are cut out to be fathers. Furthermore,*I*think it is quite disgusting really that the woman carries the sigma of divorce when the man doesn't, especially when it was not her fault. Another cultural mentality I have encountered. I was married to a Pakistani man so was amongst the community for a while to know what I am talking about. I find it a great shame the next generation doesn't change this way of thinking back to what is islam and teach that the girl is not the bad one and that every case has individual reasons. A community should look after its female members of society as they are vulnerable rather than judge them but I rarely see that happen. It's a wonder why that outsiders of Islam think Islam is backwards and treat is female members of society as second class citizens when it's not Islam but culture.*

Secondly, kingkong you would be very ignorant to think that a muslim girl who has never been married before has 'never been touched by a man'. I personally know of stories where girls have committed all sins in the book especially zina and abortion. Yes, abortion just because of the very same sigma I experience and I was married. I personally know of girls who have done such things but I won't tell stories for I do not what to backbite. However, I am aware men do commit these same sins before marriage but they can escape the sigma because how can you tell he has been touched by a woman? You*would be surprised to know that someone who has divorced will actually be more chaste than a girl who has never been married. It is shame you see the child and her status to think of her that way and not worth a consideration. Again this highlights the hardship for women to combat compared to a divorced man. I am actually more worried about a man who has had relationships with girlfriends than a divorced man as at least I know who is more likely to be chaste and Allah knows best.*

kingkong
05-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Insha'allah you'll find a good man.

nature
05-20-2011, 09:16 AM

I will end by saying, I understand the difficulties many women go through in marriages, and as sorry as I feel for them, I wouldn't even marry one, not because of fear of another failed marriage, but because of the thought she has been touched by another man, I could never ever get that out of my head.
Isnt that just your insecurities though ?? Thank allah not every man feels like that. I doubt you'd be saying that if it was your sister, or cousin. You only know what its like wen you've got a relative/friend in that situation.

nature
05-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Assalaamu alailkum,

Imagine if that woman was your own sister, mother, aunt or daughter, then you would only know of the sigma and only then would you know how it hurts. I understand that some men are not responsible enough to look after a child which I am fine with as I do need someone mature and responsible. That is a valid reason, not all men are cut out to be fathers. Furthermore,*I*think it is quite disgusting really that the woman carries the sigma of divorce when the man doesn't, especially when it was not her fault. Another cultural mentality I have encountered.

The culture thing your right on, inshallah the young muslims of today, will hopefully break down these stupid barriers. I know wat its like for a divorcee, i have relatives/friends in your position. Some of them married but others are still waiting. your right blokes have it easier, even wen its their fault, they move on without a care in the world, its only the women that seem to be treated like crap.

Keep making dua sis.

:wa:

kingkong
05-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Isnt that just your insecurities though ?? Thank allah not every man feels like that. I doubt you'd be saying that if it was your sister, or cousin. You only know what its like wen you've got a relative/friend in that situation.
Maybe marrying someone or being with someone who has had sex before doesn't bother you. But being a virgin myself, that's all I want. I fought off many evils and Insha'allah I will continue to do so in the hope that I end up with a girl of similar nature. If I didn't, then I'd divorce immediately irrespective of whether that person has changed or not.

It doesn't bother most, but it bothers me.

As for your comment about not every man being like that, all of my friends who never had girlfriends or messed around in their youth, not a single one of them wanted to marry anyone but an unmarried virgin. Like I said before, it'd be easier if everyone married someone of a similar baqckground.

Hamza Asadullah
05-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Maybe marrying someone or being with someone who has had sex before doesn't bother you. But being a virgin myself, that's all I want. I fought off many evils and Insha'allah I will continue to do so in the hope that I end up with a girl of similar nature. If I didn't, then I'd divorce immediately irrespective of whether that person has changed or not.

As for your comment about not every man being like that, all of my friends who never had girlfriends or messed around in their youth, not a single one of them wanted to marry anyone but an unmarried virgin. Like I said before, it'd be easier if everyone married someone of a similar baqckground.
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Shaykh Mustafa al-Ruhaybaani said:

“It is Sunnah for the one who wants to get married to marry a virgin, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to Jaabir, ‘Why not a virgin whom you could play with and she could play with you?’ (agreed upon) – unless there is a reason for which marrying a previously-married woman is better, in which case he should choose such a woman over a virgin, in order to serve that interest.” (Mataalib Uli al-Nuha, 5/9, 10)

So a virgin unmarried man has a right to marry a virgin unmarried women and vice versa and they should certainly do so unless there are reasons why he should marry a previously married women over a young virgin women.

Futuwwa
05-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Well, for starters, keep convincing yourself that your sentiment is irrational until you no longer act on it. There's nothing despoiling about having been "touched by another man", not if it was done in a proper Islamic marriage. That which is halal (or in this case, even mustahab or fard) cannot possibly diminish her worth. Several hadiths attest to the fact that sex between spouses is a good deed. Shame on anyone who would hold a good deed against a muslim.

Reflections
05-20-2011, 10:09 PM
I will end by saying, I understand the difficulties many women go through in marriages, and as sorry as I feel for them, I wouldn't even marry one, not because of fear of another failed marriage, but because of the thought she has been touched by another man, I could never ever get that out of my head. I don't know if that's the reason why other men won't marry and it isn't a nice thought, but what to do?.
Where not some the wives of Rasullulah saw previously married?

Hamza Asadullah
05-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Well, for starters, keep convincing yourself that your sentiment is irrational until you no longer act on it. There's nothing despoiling about having been "touched by another man", not if it was done in a proper Islamic marriage. That which is halal (or in this case, even mustahab or fard) cannot possibly diminish her worth. Several hadiths attest to the fact that sex between spouses is a good deed. Shame on anyone who would hold a good deed against a muslim.
Asalaamu Alaikum, i don't think the brother meant it in that way at all i just think the wording in his post was terrible and so it came out all wrong.

The brother is just trying to say that because he is a virgin and unmarried then he would like a partner of the same position as him which he is entitled to as was also recommended by Rasulallah (Salallahu Alaihi wasallam) for those who are virgin and unmarried but the brother clearly did not mean in anyway to degrade previously married women at all because those women are most honourable so i just think his post there is a misunderstanding in terms of what he meant because he worded his post so badly.

Futuwwa
05-21-2011, 02:46 PM
I understood what he meant. I replied to the resignant "but what to do?" at the end. If he resigns to acting wrongly through going by instinct, it hardly matters whether he recognizes that that instinct is wrong.

I don't buy al-Ruhaybaani's argument there. It's based on a single hadith where the Prophet inquired why Jaabir did not marry a young virgin instead of an older woman. Nothing in it implies that he thought that marrying the virgin would have been preferable, he might just as well simply have been surprised over Jaabir's choice (as most men no doubt would have done the other way).

nature
05-21-2011, 05:11 PM

why shud it bother me ? if the person is pious and comitted to allah and his duties as a muslim then i couldnt give two hoots about his past, im not gona hold that against him. humans aint perfect and as long as that person has changed, then they deserve a chance. im not married yet, but Ive no prob considering divorced/widowers, again why shud them being touched by another person bother me ? Im intelligent enough not to let silly things like that get to me, once that person has committed to me, & I know there god fearing, how many girls that guy has been with in his past, is irrevelant to me. sometimes you find qualities in a previously married person, than a single person whos never been married.

a couple of my friends are divorced through no fault of their own, and they married gud pious guys that have no problem with them being married before. Its the NOW that matters not the past...esp if the person has changed. Some of my friends and me included wud ideally wana marry a revert, at least you dont have to face this backwards cultural crap that we have in society nowadays.

like i sed b4, wen you have relatives/friends that are in that situation, then you'll sympathise, instead of looking down on some1 cos of them not being chaste most of the time through no fault of their own.

anyway how wud you know some1 is chaste ?? its not like you can ask them is it ?? I certainly wouldnt' ask a man, a person's sins is between them and allah, not me, ive no right to ask such a question. btw women can get procedures done to get "fixed "up so even if they werent, really you would never ever know. So theres no real way of telling. As for you saying you'd divorce some1 after, dont you get it ?? you'd be giving the "divorce " label to a woman, & the stigma attached to it.

nature
05-21-2011, 05:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
Asalaamu Alaikum, i don't think the brother meant it in that way at all i just think the wording in his post was terrible and so it came out all wrong.
Oh plz, we all knew wat he meant....!!!

kingkong
05-21-2011, 09:05 PM
anyway how wud you know some1 is chaste ?? its not like you can ask them is it ?? I certainly wouldnt' ask a man, a person's sins is between them and allah, not me, ive no right to ask such a question. btw women can get procedures done to get "fixed "up so even if they werent, really you would never ever know. So theres no real way of telling. As for you saying you'd divorce some1 after, dont you get it ?? you'd be giving the "divorce " label to a woman, & the stigma attached to it.
Well in the cases I know, the men did their homework, they asked men who knew men who maybe knew women and sooner or later the girls and boys who mucked around in their youth are exposed. No one says anything bad to them or their family, but they protect their own child by not letting them marry them.

I have a cousin, she committed sins, many outside of marriage. We are a family tree with many boys, from our grandfather there are 28 children of which 23 are boys. So when a family sees that one of the 5 girls is not married to one of those 23 boys, they can immediately tell why that is. None of my aunties or uncles are stupid enough to marry their sons to this girl. What happens to this girl now you might think? Well she can thank her lucky stars she's still alive, some of us wanted her flogged in the Islamic way, which most likely would have killed her. Others like me wanted her thrown out and completely disowned for the shame she has brought the family.

We also have one boy in the family who commited similar sins, he was beaten to almost an a breathe of losing his life and he is disowned. Rumours spread and people have brains, you find out who are the sinners and who are not. Whilst there is no way to be certain of who is a virgin and who isn't, it definately is no one's business to go exposing these sins. People are well within their right to protect their children and their family from such people. If it means digging for info so be it, so long as you don't expose it.

What has also been proven since, well since as far as time goes back, sooner or later the truth ALWAYS comes out. A girl/boy may act all innocent and pure, but somewhere down the line, maybe 5 years, maybe 10, maybe even 50, the truth comes out. You'll often find the truth is unbearable and often that is the cause of divorce. So isn't it so much easier if people started off marriage with someone of a similar background?

kingkong
05-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Oh plz, we all knew wat he meant....!!!
In layman's terms I meant, the chaste should marry the chaste and unchaste should marry the unchaste.

There is a verse in the Quran which explicitly states the fornicators and adulterers are for the fornicators and the adulterers.

BTW this doesn't apply to the OP who is a divorcee. So perhaps I'll open a new thread which addresses this matter.

ProudMuslimSis
05-21-2011, 10:34 PM
I am so glad to hear that you and your baby are not struggling. Hopefully it is thanks to a supportive British/South American family structure and support system.

But, I beg you to consider putting your child first and concentrate raising him/her. And, postponing your personal needs until the child it grown.

You can start a new life, with a new husband when the child is independent. Lets say, in 18 years, you will 40, mature, free, and proud that you have done the right thing.

I suggest this because you need to be cautious of bringing a step-father into the mix and risking another failed marriage that could scar your child for life.

Salahudeen
05-21-2011, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ProudMuslimSis
I am so glad to hear that you and your baby are not struggling. Hopefully it is thanks to a supportive British/South American family structure and support system.

But, I beg you to consider putting your child first and concentrate raising him/her. And, postponing your personal needs until the child it grown.

You can start a new life, with a new husband when the child is independent. Lets say, in 18 years, you will 40, mature, free, and proud that you have done the right thing.

I suggest this because you need to be cautious of bringing a step-father into the mix and risking another failed marriage that could scar your child for life.
That's your advice sis and I respect it but I wouldn't advise the sister to wait that long. Being with someone is a natural need, and a person might fall into sin if he/she isn't.

My mum did what you suggestd and it was the biggest mistake she made, by the time she reached 40 all the good men were taken and married, all that remained was the not so pious men and now she's panicking as the clock ticks. And growing up without a dad is one of the hardest things for a child, a child needs both parents around. It's not just her personal needs, the child also needs a father figure. I think it would be the wrong thing for her to wait for 18 years untill her child is grown up.

Hamza Asadullah
05-21-2011, 11:35 PM
I understood what he meant. I replied to the resignant "but what to do?" at the end. If he resigns to acting wrongly through going by instinct, it hardly matters whether he recognizes that that instinct is wrong.

I don't buy al-Ruhaybaani's argument there. It's based on a single hadith where the Prophet inquired why Jaabir did not marry a young virgin instead of an older woman. Nothing in it implies that he thought that marrying the virgin would have been preferable, he might just as well simply have been surprised over Jaabir's choice (as most men no doubt would have done the other way).
Asalaamu Alaikum,

It is not just Al-Ruhaybaani's argument for it is an agreed upon hadith which is found in both Bukhari & Muslim:

Sayyiduna Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) reports that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) asked him, "Have you married?"

I said, "Yes."
He (Allah bless him & give him peace) said, "A virgin or non-virgin?"

I said, "A non-virgin."

He (Allah bless him & give him peace) said, "Why not a virgin, whom you enjoy and who enjoys you?"

[After this, Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) explained why he chose the non-virgin:]

I said, "O Messenger of Allah, my father was killed at Uhud, and left 9 daughters, so I disliked added another inexperienced person like them [to the household]. Rather, [I chose] a woman who would take care of them and manage their affairs."

He (Allah bless him & give him peace) said, "You were correct." [Bukhari & Muslim]

Another hadith:

It is reported in Sunan Ibn Maja and al-Mu`jam al-Kabir of Tabarani that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said, "Marry virgins, for they are sweeter mouthed, have more children, and more easily satisfied."

In Sahih Bukhari, it is reported that `A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) said, �O Messenger of Allah, do you not see that if you descended into a valley in which there is a tree that has been eaten from and a tree that has not been eaten from, which would you stop your mount at? He said, "The one that has not been eaten from." She said, "I am that one." That is, because the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) did not marry a virgin except her.

So from these, and other hadiths, the scholars have stated that the general sunna (unless there are secondary considerations) is to marry a virgin. [This is mentioned in Imam Nawawi's Minhaj al-Talibin and its major commentaries in Shafi`i fiqh; Mukhtasar al-Khalil and its commentaries, al-Sharh al-Kabir and al-Sharh al-Saghir in Maliki fiqh; al-Bahr al-Ra'iq, al-Fatawa al-Hindiyya, and Radd al-Muhtar in Hanafi fiqh; Kashshaf al-Qina` in Hanbali fiqh]

Taken from: http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...&ID=845&CATE=3

You will also find the same view here:

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/9126

May Allah find the best partners for all Muslims regardless of their situation. Ameen

Hamza Asadullah
05-21-2011, 11:46 PM
In layman's terms I meant, the chaste should marry the chaste and unchaste should marry the unchaste.

There is a verse in the Quran which explicitly states the fornicators and adulterers are for the fornicators and the adulterers.

BTW this doesn't apply to the OP who is a divorcee. So perhaps I'll open a new thread which addresses this matter.
Asalaamu Alaikum, Brother you need to wacth the way you word your posts because a few people have misunderstood your posts because of the way you worded them.

The original topic was about an unmarried man marrying a previously married women and you posted saying you being a virgin would not marry a women who is not chaste which made others think you meant that previously married women are not chaste when you were actually referring to a women who had relations before married as that is unchaste.

What you should have said was that because you are a virgin you would prefer to marry a virgin like yourself but it may be that some unmarried men would prefer to marry a previously married women for whatever reason as there may be many which you respect.

So please be careful with your wording. Jazakallahi khayr

SAKER
05-22-2011, 12:37 AM
That's your advice sis and I respect it but I wouldn't advise the sister to wait that long. Being with someone is a natural need, and a person might fall into sin if he/she isn't.

My mum did what you suggestd and it was the biggest mistake she made, by the time she reached 40 all the good men were taken and married, all that remained was the not so pious men and now she's panicking as the clock ticks. And growing up without a dad is one of the hardest things for a child, a child needs both parents around. It's not just her personal needs, the child also needs a father figure. I think it would be the wrong thing for her to wait for 18 years untill her child is grown up.

I m completely agree with this . you will find someone good inchaALLAH...

Personnel i wish I was there in USA then I would ask you to marry me cause i love children ,but it s far away from here

May Ayob
05-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Salaam

Sister i advice you to get married not only because you are in need but also because of you child a child needs both parents to fully grow and independantly understand this life , it will be very hard for you to be asingle mother , so i would advice you to marry a responsible , and good husband who is a good muslim as well just as some of my sisters and brother have suggested

I hope this helps.

Hamza Asadullah
05-22-2011, 03:48 PM
I think the OP has had sufficient replies. If anyone wants to talk about any other topic then please open up a thread. This thread is closed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!