/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Simple Hadeeth Question

Jalal~
05-08-2011, 02:55 AM
Do we say Peace be upon him after Prophet Muhammad's (May peace be upon him) name if his name is in a hadeeth?? i see people posting hadeeths without (PBUH) at the end? do we have to say PBUH after his name in a hadith? Jazakallah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
05-08-2011, 12:25 PM
:sl:

In the Ahadith I have never seen the (PBUH) written. It therefore seems that if one were to copy any Hadith in which it is not written in the original, they would be adding to the Hadith and it could be claimed the person has altered the source.

Ubeyde
05-08-2011, 09:22 PM
You should always say Sallahu Alayhi Wa salaam wherever appropriate when reading a Hadith- especially aloud.

Jalal~
05-09-2011, 01:54 AM
Jazakallah Khair to all

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
05-09-2011, 02:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ubeyde
You should always say Sallahu Alayhi Wa salaam wherever appropriate when reading a Hadith- especially aloud.
That is true.

However if you are copying a Hadith should it be copied as it is written or should we add "Sallahu Alayhi Wa salaam" in our copy, even though it is not in the original. Should we write exactly what we find written or should we add to it?

I do agree if it is not written we should think it when reading silently and say it when reading aloud.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!