/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ThePerfectionistas: Emulating Four Perfect Women

umm sakina
05-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Salam,
I have recently started a blog on my experiences learning about and trying to emulate the Four Perfect Women of all times. I try to extrapolate lessons from their lives in a practical and contemporary way.
What are some topics you would like to see covered? Thank you, Salina

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al yunan
05-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Walaikum Assalam sister,

First of all who are they according to you ?
I've heard of two only

Masalam

Ramadhan
05-15-2011, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al yunan
I've heard of two only
:sl:

Aren't they Maryam bint. Imran, the mother of Isa (as), and Asiya, the wife of fir'aun?

Those two are especially exalted by Allah SWT and their stories recounted in the Qur'an.

Who are the other two?

Amanda
05-16-2011, 02:06 PM
As a new Muslim, I think it would be most interesting to see the way that you relate their experiences to the experiences that women today have... how do you reconcile the differences between their culture and your own?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
May Ayob
05-16-2011, 04:39 PM
I think it would be more beneficial to actually look at the most influential women in our planet today and try to study their roles and what type of message they want to give across to females all around the globe then compare them and the Four Perfect Women, but its a very controversial topic and i think it needs much communication with the youth cause people in our modern day get most of their information from the media ..etc

i hope i helped. :)

Insaanah
05-17-2011, 02:16 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by al yunan
First of all who are they according to you ?
I've heard of two only
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Aren't they Maryam bint. Imran, the mother of Isa (as), and Asiya, the wife of fir'aun?

Those two are especially exalted by Allah SWT and their stories recounted in the Qur'an.

Who are the other two?
"It is confirmed in the Two Sahihs from Abu Musa Al-Ash`ari that the Messenger of Allah said:

كَمُلَ مِنَ الرِّجَالِ كَثِيرٌ وَلَمْ يَكْمُلْ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ إِلَّا آسِيَةُ امْرَأَةُ فِرْعَوْنَ، وَمَرْيَمُ ابْنَةُ عِمْرَانَ، وَخَدِيجَةُ بِنْتُ خُوَيْلِدٍ، وَإِنَّ فَضْلَ عَائِشَةَ عَلَى النِّسَاءِ كَفَضْلِ الثَّرِيدِ عَلَى سَائِرِ الطَّعَام

Many men have reached the level of perfection, but none among women have reached this level except Asiyah -- Fir`awn's wife, Maryam--the daughter of `Imran, and Khadijah--the daughter of Khuwaylid. And no doubt, the superiority of `A'ishah to other women is like the superiority of Tharid to other meals."

Source: Tafsir ibn Kathir

tigerkhan
05-17-2011, 03:07 PM
i am amazed by above hadith...but does mean that Hazrat Aysha RA also got this level of perfection as the first three OR she RA was only Superior to others.

tigerkhan
05-17-2011, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by May Ayob
I think it would be more beneficial to actually look at the most influential women in our planet today
maybe in the wordly sense u are saying right but in sense of religion (obviously the authentic) the superiority is bcz of "taqwa" and and how much a person is commited to his GOD, bcz we should have in mind that the purpose of our creation is to worship HIM.

May Ayob
05-24-2011, 10:28 AM
I meant to kind of like make a comparsion and see what ways they use to persuade our beloved sisters into following them you know , i hope what i said made some sense.

tigerkhan
05-24-2011, 10:41 AM
"The best of the world's women are four: Maryum bint 'Imrân, Khadîjah bint Khuwaylid, Fâtimah bint Muhammad and Âsiyah the wife of Fir'awn." [Ahmad, Sahîh]

tigerkhan
05-24-2011, 10:44 AM
"The best of women are those that please him [her husband] when he sees her, obeys him when she is commanded, and who does not secretly betray him with regards to herself and her money in that which he dislikes." [Ahmad, Sahîh]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!