/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Non-Muslim Repeating Adhan

Talib Al-Din
05-10-2011, 09:22 PM
As-Salamuh Aleikom,

As some among you may already know from my post in the "Introducing Yourself" section, and although up until now I believe and will keep believing, In Sha' Allah, in every one of its teachings, I didn't yet take my shahada. However, when I was a young young boy (around 16 years old) and I first heard the adhan, I remember repeating it, for the most part unaware of its meaning, for example while riding my bike... I was too young and unaware, so of course I didn't intend with that to utter my shahada. What I would like to ask is if repeating the adhan with no intention whatsoever in meaning anything by its words counts as shahada.

I am asking this because I never said the shahada with the intention of embracing Islam, and I am keeping that moment In Sha' Allah until a time when I can be a good Muslim and submit totally to Allah!

Jazakom Allah Kol Kheir!
As-Salamuh Aleikom.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
05-10-2011, 09:25 PM
well if you already believe in all islam's teachings, I'm afraid you're already a muslim lol :D

welcome brother

Talib Al-Din
05-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Thank you very much, but you didn't quite address my question brother...

Dagless
05-10-2011, 09:35 PM
As the brother said; if you believe in the Shahada then you are already Muslim, and if you don't believe it you can say it as many times as you want but it doesn't magically turn you Muslim :p It is an affirmation of faith, not faith itself.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
05-10-2011, 09:37 PM
The adhan contains shahada but if you don't intend to become a muslim then I don't think it counts. But why would you do that anyway seems a bit odd, what will you have to lose ?

You can't become a practising muslim before actually becoming a muslim, you need to accept islam then work your way up - that is when then blessing from Allah will start coming through.

AishaRayann
05-11-2011, 02:56 AM
You are not a muslim if you say shadaha without the intention of belief..You have to believe with ur heart and make intention. Before I come to Islam I was singing a Zain Bhikha song..in its words was shadaha..but i didnt know what it meant..that didn't make me muslim..what made me truely a Muslim was when I believed there is no God but Allah , Muhamad is the slave and Prophet of Allah. Without knowing what it means and the intention...=not a muslim. Why havent you took shadaha yet? if you believe you believe...my advice is to take it..i wouldnt wait too long..because we never know when we will leave this earth.then take your time with wudu and 5 prayers..if u forget a prayer dont worry try better next time..and ask forgiveness. Theres dua its like a personal prayer...you can pray them anytime...just call on Allah with his names the ones that u know..id suggest learn those too first off as well..and try to learn as much as possible..threw reading quran every day and read some hadith...those are your weapons against Shaitan and the Jinns. Never get discourage!!!!! It takes time...Good Luck my friend :)

Talib Al-Din
05-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Thank you very much, dear brothers and sisters, for your answers. You know, I didn't take my shahada yet because I know I can't be so good a Muslim as Allah expects His slaves to be...

aadil77
05-11-2011, 07:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Talib Al-Din
Thank you very much, dear brothers and sisters, for your answers. You know, I didn't take my shahada yet because I know I can't be so good a Muslim as Allah expects His slaves to be...
I think you should seriously consider saying your shahada soon, we never know when death will approach us so its better to die a muslim, even if sinful than not die muslim at all

Allah will not expect you to be a good muslim from day 1 - thats impossible, it takes born muslims a years to become decent muslims, reverts are meant to take things easy so try not to worry about such issues

AishaRayann
05-11-2011, 02:54 PM
As salam alaikum Brother, don't say that you don't think you wont be so good a Muslim...Allah don't expect us to be perfect..and certainly not at beginning...we may say some words mispronounced in prayer, maybe it take some time to learn his 99 attributes, or do salat correctly...as long as we try with our hearts..and go to seek correction that is what matters to Allah. If we do some sin or haram thing we ask for forgiveness by one of his beautiful names like if u do something sinful say something like Bismallah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem Al-Ghafir please forgive me for .......Ameen and mean it with all ur heart..Allah is Compassionate, Merciful, and Forgiving...here are 99 attributes of Allah

muttaqun com/99names.html

• Hadith - Sahih Muslim and Bukhari 8:419, Narrated Abu Huraira : Allah has ninety-nine Names, i.e., one hundred minus one, and whoever 'ahsaha' [enumerates them, believes in them, ponders their meanings, worships Allah by them and supplicates with them, and acts by them according to one's belief in them] will enter Paradise; and Allah is Witr ("Odd", i.e. He is one, and it is an odd number) and loves 'the Witr' (i.e., odd numbers).

The Names of Allah swt should be memorized, understood, acted upon, and called upon.

Just try and do your best thats all that matters

Danah
05-11-2011, 03:50 PM
If you keep delaying saying your shahadah till you reach a stage where you think that you will be the perfect Muslim that Allah expect his slave to be then I am afraid that you may not say Shahadah at all. Simply because none of us is perfect or good as Allah expects His slaves to be. We are nothing but humans struggling to be good muslims as much as we can be.

My advise to you brother is to say your shahadah now and ask Allah for guidance to be always a better Muslim. And don't forget all of us in your duaa please.

SAKER
05-12-2011, 04:20 AM
:hmm::hmm:
and I am keeping that moment In Sha' Allah until a time when I can be a good Muslim and submit totally to Allah!
Ok but it better to say shahadatain plz don ´t play with that:hmm::hmm: y:hmm:u can t be sure that you ´ll be alive :hmm:tomorrow or after tomorrow till the time you will decide to be a Muslim :hmm:

- I had a friend who had the same problem h is a muslim- in Morocco- and he told me always he would began to pray next day,next week....till he diedimsad

Anyway may Allah guide you to the right path

Who Am I?
05-27-2011, 02:42 AM
I downloaded a copy of the Adhan after I heard one online. It was beautiful and still is. I have begun to memorize it myself even though I am not a Muslim (yet), simply because I like it so much. I have also started practicing the shahada so that if that day ever comes, I am ready.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!