Originally Posted by Ubeyde
Asalaamu Alaikum, The way Jumma should be done is the following:
1. There should be a minimum or four brothers including imaam there along with sisters.
2. Do the first adhan and then let everyone pray 4 raka'a Sunnah.
3. Then do a speech in a language that everyone understands and it should be inspiring and motivating as well as a reminder for all present on their duties as Muslims.
3. After the speech is done then the second adhaan is given and after that it is incumbant that a minimal Arabic khutba (of 2 parts) is given.
So the Khateeb should stand in front of the people and He should praise Allah Ta'ala (Tahmeed), send salutations on Nabi (Salawaat). Thereafter, recite the Shahaadatayn and then merely recite one or two verses from the Qur'an. Then he should sit and pause for about ten seconds or so and then stand again and do exactly the same in the second Khutbah, reciting maybe a different verse and also making a short du'a in the Khutbah for all the believers.
4. After that the Iqaamah should be said and then 2 Raka'a fard of Jummah should be read with the imaam.
Afterwards 4 raka'a Sunnah, 2 Raka'a Sunnah and 2 Raka'a Nafil should be prayed.
Read the following:
Friday prayers on campus
If you need some help on Khutbas then you can find it here:
If you need anymore help or advice then please do not hesitate to ask.
And Allah knows best in all matters