/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Very Very mad because I missed fajr because of my alarm clock....Question...

Isamisthedeen
05-19-2011, 02:23 PM
I went to bed at around 11:00ish and set my alarm clock to 4:00 in the morning to prepare myself for fajr. Now I usually go to bed anywhere from 10:30 to 11 at night and still ALWAYs manage to wake up because my alarm clock works, I do not know what happened last night but can someone tell me if when I got up to the rising sun that my salat was still acceptable even though I accendentally missed it. Thanks in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
05-19-2011, 03:15 PM
Sobhan Allah I was reading about this the other day because I too missed fajr and was upset, and found out that if you go to bed with the sincere intention of making fajr in its rightful time that it will count as if you've made it on time.. sort of like people who set to make pilgrimage and die on their way there it counts as if they have made it..
sobhan Allah.. Allah swt is very merciful .. I wouldn't worry about it, but try to avoid praying when the sun is rising, either do it after it has completely risen or obviously on time..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

Muslim Woman
05-20-2011, 12:50 AM
Salaam

I think I read a hadith lilke this : a man asked the Prophet pbuh what if i could not wake up for fajr ? Prophet pbuh replied offer it when u woke up .

Avoid offering salat when it's rising , wait for 10-15 min.
InshaAllah it won't be considered as missed salat as u wanted to wake up.

It's safe to keep alarm clock far from u ;so that u can't off it from bed and fall asleep again.

Hamza Asadullah
05-20-2011, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isamisthedeen
I went to bed at around 11:00ish and set my alarm clock to 4:00 in the morning to prepare myself for fajr. Now I usually go to bed anywhere from 10:30 to 11 at night and still ALWAYs manage to wake up because my alarm clock works, I do not know what happened last night but can someone tell me if when I got up to the rising sun that my salat was still acceptable even though I accendentally missed it. Thanks in advance.
Asalaamu Alaikum, if a person is late for any prayer particularly Fajr then they should pray it as soon as they can even if they can see the light outside. As long as one makes utmost effort to pray every prayer on time particularly fajr then that is what counts but one should be careful to ensure one does everything possible to be able to pray every prayer at its appointed time and not delay it for no valid reason.

Sometimes a person may wake up late for fajr even though one tried their best to wake up on time and for that one should ask Allah to pardon them and they will find Allah most merciful. But there are always steps we can take to ensure we never pray Fajr late nor miss it.

Here are some tips for praying Fajr prayer on time:

1. Try to sleep as early as possible if you do not need to do anything imortant after Isha Salaah because the earlier you sleep the easier it will be to wake up for Fajr

2. Try not to have any heavy meals in the evening as this will make it harder for you to wake up for Fajr

3. Try to encourage your family to also wake up for Fajr and tell them of the importance of Salaah as well as the fact that it is the purpose of our creation. If your family wakes up for Fajr then it will also be easier for you as they would also wake you up. If one or two of your family members do wake up for Fajr then tell them to also wake you up.

4. Make firm intention in your heart that you will wake up for Fajr no matter what and ask of Allah in your dua to make it easy for you to wake up for Fajr prayer.

5. Put on two or even three alarms and put them on 5 minutes apart and put them in places in your room where you know it will be a struggle getting to them. This way you will have to be wide awake to get to the alarms. As there will be three of them this will prevent you going back to bed again.

6. Most importantly when you awaken for Fajr then do NOT say to yourself i'll lay for a bit and then get up. This is the biggest trick of shaythan to make us fall asleep and miss Fajr prayer. As soon as the eyes are open then go straight to the bathroom.

May Allah enable us to pray every prayer on its appointed time and no later. Ameen

And Allah knows best in all matters

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
peace_maker
07-05-2011, 10:45 AM
^What about the sunnah prayer? Can we perform it along with the fard after sunrise?

Ramadhan
07-05-2011, 11:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by peace_maker
^What about the sunnah prayer? Can we perform it along with the fard after sunrise?
If you wake up and you missed fajr, then just perform the fard shalah subuh.
Shalah sunah in conjunction with the fard subh (fajr) can only be performed BEFORE fajr.

If you want to perform sunnah prayer, wait until dhuha time, and you can perform shalah dhuha.

Muslim Woman
07-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Salaam

I heard that if one misses Fajr , then when s/he wakes up , s/he should offer both Sunnah & Fard and it won't be considered as missed salat .

And Allah Knows Best.

piXie
07-05-2011, 02:31 PM
:sl:

The probition of praying during sunrise, sunset and zawwal, does not apply to our obligatory prayers.

Prophet said whoever catches one rakah of fajr Salah before the sun has risen, then he has caught his Salatul Fajr (Bukhari).

Indicates that the remaining rakah will be read during sun rise..

There was a time when Bilal (ra) fell asleep while on journey with the Prophet :arabic5: - when they awoke Bilal (ra) gave adhaan and the Prophet :arabic5: prayed his sunnah first, then his fard. This was after sunrise. We were told this hadith in the explanation of Bulugh ul Maram, but the sheikh didn't mention who this hadith was narrated by. But.. majority of scholars use this hadith as proof that a person is allowed to keep their shawaal fasts (sunnah) before making up for their missed fasts of Ramadan (which are Fard).

Muslim Woman
07-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Walaykum as Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by member X
:sl:

The probition of praying during sunrise, sunset and zawwal, does not apply to our obligatory prayers.

Prophet said whoever catches one rakah of fajr Salah before the sun has risen, then he has caught his Salatul Fajr (Bukhari).
I heard that if there is time to offer at least one rakat before sunrise and sunset, then we are allowed to start salat . But not sure about this comment : probition of praying during sunrise, sunset and zawwal, does not apply to our obligatory prayers .

Pl. explain more .

piXie
07-05-2011, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
But not sure about this comment : probition of praying during sunrise, sunset and zawwal, does not apply to our obligatory prayers .
Pl. explain more .
Meaning, this hadith below..

islamqa.com

It was narrated in Saheeh al-Bukhaari (581) and Saheeh Muslim (831) that it is forbidden to pray after Fajr prayer until the sun has risen above the horizon to the height of a spear, at the time of noon when the sun is at its zenith, and after the time of ‘Asr until the sun is fully set. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that the sun rises and sets between the two horns of a devil, at which time the kuffaar prostrate to it.
...is referring to nafl, and sunnah prayers. It does not apply to our Qada obligatory prayers. A person must pray his Qada obligatory prayers as soon as he remembers. And the proof for this is the hadith of Prophet :arabic5: wherein he stated that whoever forgets a prayer, let him pray when he remembers, and there is no kaffarah except for that.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!