/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Troubles

Ibrahim_K
05-21-2011, 05:27 PM
Salam Aleikum

Recently I begun to use drugs again since I more or less became homeless after 6 months in a locked institution. Right now I'm confused. I dont know who I am anymore and I am afraid I'll continue with narcotics even though I know it'll mess up my brain

I begun to read the Bible and prayed to Isa to help me even though I dont believe in his divinity.

Can you help me with ideas of what I should do to begin the healing process? I'm going to buy a Quran and seek advice in it... but I need human help as well.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
May Ayob
05-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Salam brother

Have hope in Allah, and never lose hope in the fact that you will heal and recover and become a million time better than you are
Insha'Allah all your dreams will come true

First never ever despise yourself or loose your self-esteem build your confidence and have hope in Allah
Don't ever think about the drugs or how bad you life is with them , it is very difficult yes that is true but , always think about positive things , take a pencil and and paper and write down all the good things you would like to do one day even if you think you can't you never know , it will make you feel better.
Move from the society or community that you live in be around positive people, and go to Natural sites to refresh your soul.
You are a human being that God values so never ever say to yourself anything bad never remeber you sad memories or worries.
If you can't sleep i advice you to go at night and perform a long Salah where you pray to God Almighty to help ( Don't Pray to isaa it is only God who will help you and it is only Him who will take you out of this trouble)
Visit the mosque regularly and make friends with good practicing muslims they will help you as well

Try also reaching out to the people who are suffering because if you remember them Allah will also help you, and don;t forget to ask them for Du'aa.

I hope this helps brother

Salaam

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Wa Alaaykum As'salaam

If you believe that God is one and has no partners and was not a man, so he was the creator and not the creation, then you should know who you are which is the servant of your creator. By this it means whatever you will do in life is only for your own good. So first of all you need to quit the drugs, and try achieve the fear of Allaah, so whenever you take the drugs you will realise that he (your lord) is watching you and if you fear him it will make you stop the act. There are never blessings in something bad you do, especially knowing it is bad for you or anyone around you.

Firstly i'm not sure why you picked the bible up to pray to isa na audubillah (god forbid) since he Isa (as) never claimed to be God or asked himself to be worshiped..so if you dont believe in him being divine it is confusing to why you would worship him, though it seems you want to get close to God, connect with him in any way possible..If you want to get close to him the way Isa (as) himself did then raise your hands and seek out for his guidance to guide you..

Human are helped by their Lord, if it was not for God and his guidance we would have not been dumb and lost, i am sure you can see the evilness in the world today, when people will to harm themselves or others etc etc, it is not God who commanded this, but those who followed their desires, However, some humans are intelligent , some of these people have never heard of God yet they have values because it was through Gods guidance these people know the difference between right and wrong..So indeed the blessings of Allaah swt are Big!

With that i hope someone can give you better advice insha'Allaah..

Ramadhan
05-22-2011, 02:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Azrael
Salam Aleikum Recently I begun to use drugs again since I more or less became homeless after 6 months in a locked institution. Right now I'm confused. I dont know who I am anymore and I am afraid I'll continue with narcotics even though I know it'll mess up my brain
:sl:

brother, if there is only piece of advice you take from me this time, it is: AVOID drugs. Please. You say yourself it will mess up with your brain. Even if it is merely marijuana, please stay away from them and do not use them.
There is endless strong reasons why Allah SWT tell us in the Qur'an to stay away from intoxicants (alcohol, other fermented drinks, drugs, marijuana, ecstasy, magic mushrooms, crystal meth, cocaine, heroines, amphetamines, beta blockers-valiums, xanax, lsd, etc etc): Those intoxicants will cloud your mind and alter the chemical balance in your brain, damage the neurons in your brain, killing off the neural synaptics, causing you to not be able think clearly, not be able to tell what is right and what is wrong, etc.
Consumption of intoxicants will alter your personality, pushing you further away from your fitrah (your pure natural state).

From my previous work, I have seen too many lives destroyed because of drugs. Also, even if you think this world has not been a too happy occasion for you, think about your future: after life. That's where the real life is since it is eternal. Work your current life towards that goal.

And since you live in Sweden, I am sure there's free facility that you can go that offer you psychology/psychiatric help. But you must state to them you don't want any drugs, not even beta blockers. Those drugs may help you temporarily but may not good for you in the longer run.

I begun to read the Bible and prayed to Isa to help me even though I dont believe in his divinity.
If you don't believe in Isa (pbuh) divinity, then why are you praying to him for help?
He cannot help you, no more than a dead person can help you.
Please ask Allah SWT with all the sincerity you can muster to help you, cry to Him SWT to help you and give you guidance and strength.

an you help me with ideas of what I should do to begin the healing process? I'm going to buy a Quran and seek advice in it... but I need human help as well
I have a sense you have many things in your life/in the past that you have not been able to let go. To start a healing process and move on with a better life, you need to let go those things, you need to forgive other people and yourself, you also need to accept qadr from Allah SWT, whataver situation that brought you today.
I strongly suggest you to find out a masjid where you live, and contact an imam, or maybe go to an Islamic organization in your city and ask for someone to guide you in the matter of Islamic practices, and if you trust them, you can also open up and ask them for help in your personal issues.

You should not stay alone, because Rasulullah SWT said that a alone/lonely person becomes weak to whisperings from shaytan.

May Allah SWT give you the best, brother. amiin.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Innocent Soul
05-22-2011, 03:54 AM
There is a similiar thread. I think you can get some help from this thread.

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...ml#post1440033

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!