/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is ramadan a good time to convert, should i wait, or do it now

ChangedMan
05-22-2011, 06:21 AM
I was trying to convert a few months ago, but I got scared I think of commitment and I was a non-believer. Also I am weak and it is hard enough living here with my mother, and she was angered by my salat at home. I don't think I managed to do a whole day with the 5 prayers. I would get shaky and have to go to sleep.

So my question is, do you think if i waited till ramadan, when the devils are locked up by Allah, I would have better luck at staying with it? Another problem is I think we are planning to go visit my dad around the time of ramadan, and then it would be two parents against me, and also I'd have to follow them around wherever they go during the day, and I'm not comfortable doing salah on the beach in front of everyone...

I know part of it is the greater jihad and I should just probably start tomorrow morning...and that I am already failing if I postpone it...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
05-22-2011, 07:47 AM
I think you should take your shahadda right away even if your circumstances do not permit you to pray your salah, because once you convert and you believe, even if you are unable to pray because of your parents, you will still be a Muslim.

ChangedMan
05-22-2011, 08:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
I think you should take your shahadda right away even if your circumstances do not permit you to pray your salah, because once you convert and you believe, even if you are unable to pray because of your parents, you will still be a Muslim.
thank you for this advice. it gives me hope. i was up all night thinking of allah. and i did wudu and then 2 rakats even though i probably wasn't supposed to but i wanted to feel the peace of allah before I forgot and went back astray. so now i am up for fajr in a few minutes.

al yunan
05-22-2011, 08:22 AM
Salam dear brother,

I can understand your frustration as I was in my thirties when I accepted Islam and my mother told me that I only became Muslim to embarrass her.
Have you tried to explain to your mother your reasons for wanting to accept Islam ? How old are you anyway ?
Regardless you should be polite and kind with your parents, but should things go wrong, there is no need or justification to tell them lies at the same time there is no need to tell them the truth either.
You should practice in secret until Inshallah they accept you.
Be patient and strong and always show your best side.

May Allah S.W.T grant you peace of heart.
Masalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
زهراء
05-22-2011, 08:26 AM
I think you should accept the Shahaadah as soon as possible. You do not have a guarantee that you will live to see Ramadhaan. Allah will reward you for your difficulties Insha Allah. The more sacrifice you make for the Deen of Allah, the more reward you gain. May Allah make it easy for you and accept your efforts. Ameen

Muslim Woman
05-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Salaam

RIGHT NOW :)

may Allah makes it easy for u.

May Ayob
05-22-2011, 09:40 AM
You are a beliver now, Say your shahadah and you wont regret it.

As for your parents:
I think that if you showed them the true Islam by your actions , and you strengthened your bonds with them they will be proud of you and will respect your religion.
Islam Emphasizes on the relationship with the parents , esp. the mother and it's direct relationship to God's Guidance and pleasing your parents should be the number one goal you are running after.

You can secretly practice Islam, but also Put up a good character so that they notice the positive change in your behavior

I hope this helped.
Salaam

Ramadhan
05-23-2011, 01:14 AM
:sl:

you are already a muslim in essence, brother. You already performed shalah and so you already believe in that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad SAW is His messenger. So why do you want to delay proclaiming shahada until Ramadan?
none of us knows whether we will still be alive this coming ramadan. we dont even know if we are still going to be alive tomorrow!

Riana17
05-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Salam Brother,

Most of the replies here are very well said, just think that we dont know what will happen to our lives tomorrow. Allah is Most Forgiving (One of the most Beautiful names of Allah), however declaring that He Is the only God means your previous sins will be forgiven and you are far from practising Polytheism - the only sin Allah will not forgive. I hope you can overcome the difficulty of your situation, i blv this is just a challenge for you to streghten your faith, nomatter the situation, whether you will loose big or small, you remain sincere and strong to remain in our beloved Religion.

Ansariyah
05-23-2011, 11:17 AM
If you want you can do it in secret for now, and when you are ready to tell them you can tell them when you are comfortable.

Ali Mujahidin
05-24-2011, 03:58 AM

Do it already. Better yet, do it yesterday.

Look at it this way.

You are floundering in the water. Someone throws you a lifeline. Do you wait and think about it?

So Allah has opened your heart to receive the nur of hidayah. Shukur alhamdulliLLah. Say the shahadah now.

We can sort out the whys and wherefores later.

Ramadhan
05-24-2011, 05:13 AM

Even a born muslim can never be a perfect muslim, all we can do is to strive to be a better muslim. Everyday is a struggle, and Rasulullah SAW even said that our eeman is goes up and down. All we can do is try to be a good muslim and ask Allah SWT for repentance and His mercy.

BUT, you cannot try to be a good muslim if you are not muslim yet.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-24-2011, 08:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ChangedMan
I was trying to convert a few months ago, but I got scared I think of commitment and I was a non-believer. Also I am weak and it is hard enough living here with my mother, and she was angered by my salat at home. I don't think I managed to do a whole day with the 5 prayers. I would get shaky and have to go to sleep.

So my question is, do you think if i waited till ramadan, when the devils are locked up by Allah, I would have better luck at staying with it? Another problem is I think we are planning to go visit my dad around the time of ramadan, and then it would be two parents against me, and also I'd have to follow them around wherever they go during the day, and I'm not comfortable doing salah on the beach in front of everyone...

I know part of it is the greater jihad and I should just probably start tomorrow morning...and that I am already failing if I postpone it...
Greetings of peace to you ChangedMan

Committment? The things are taken when one is ready, and done whole heartedly not with force but for the sake of his lord, one needs to submit completely to his lord which means being respectful torwards your parents .. Do your parents believe in God?

As humans we are created weak like Allaah mentions in his noble book..What matters is that you strive to do your best in salaah or when practising anything else in Islaam..It isnt difficult once you have your heart fixed on it, it becomes easy.

To your question i think you should take the Shahadah any time when you are ready, meaning if you believe God is one and all the messengers unto the final messenger Muhammad (pbuh).

greenvalley
05-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Dear Brother,

You should not wait till Ramadan.Every moment will be a lost in your life! You should do it ASAP!

Amat Allah
05-24-2011, 11:39 AM
go ahead my noble and respected brother and never be worried or sad cause Allah Is with us and its ok to do wudu and perform after it 2 Rakat before sleeping cause it is from Sunnah to pray 2 Rakat after doing wudu ...what you did is right...

never be worried , when I first knew my Lord I suffered alot (and this is a test from Allah to see if we are gonna return to Him and ask for His help and be sincere or just give up) but then with patience and returning to Allah and relying on Him the Exalted everything went and still going smoothly and everyone in this house of mine respects me and they are affected now in some how ^^ ...All Praise , Glory and Thanks be to The Most Compassionate The Most Merciful...

I am happy , no matter what I may face and suffer from Alhamdulilah, I feel like I am the happiest ever ... be Allah`s slave and servant and that is enough for ya...and never give up trusting Allah or forget That He Is The Owner of everything so, return to Him in Duaa always and ask Him whatever you want ...

May Allah be with you and ease everything for ya always and forever...Ameeeeeen

brother, never forget that you have your brothers and sisters here who love you and treasure ya so, whenever you want anything just ask away in shaa Allah, ok?

take care of your precious self in shaa Allah...

leaving you under Allah`s sight, care and protection...

Humbly, your sister:

Amat Allah.

Muhammad
05-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Masha'Allaah very good advice in this thread. ChangedMan, may Allaah (swt) give you strength, guidance and keep you steadfast upon Islam, Aameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!