/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some prophet didn't have miracles?

Saad17
05-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Assalam-O-Alaikum

I was reading the Qur'an and something came to my mind , Prophet Noah,Hud, Abraham and Lot (Peace be upon them all) didn't exactly have a miracle to show that they were prophets, but of course I'm using the wrong word here, I'm asking that what Aya or evidence did Allah give to these prophets that made them reliable ? or is it simply since they were the most righteous and sincere among their people so they should be trusted when they say that they are prophets of Allah?

Edit: We can consider Abraham's reasoning as good evidence.

Thank you,

and Allah knows best.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al yunan
05-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Walaikum Assalam brother Saad,

I think you need to read more Quran and also get a separate book on the life of the Anbiya'.
I would advice you to keep in mind that it is a sin to doubt the status of any prophet mentioned by Allah S.W.T as they are also part of our declaration of faith:
Amantu Billlahi
Wa malaaikati
Wa kutubihi
Wa rusulihi

Masalam

Muslim Woman
05-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Salaam

don't know if all the Prophets pbut performed miracles or not . Quran did not mention about all
Prophets pbut but some .

It will be great to know if there is anything mentioned in Hadith about miracles done by ' all ' Prophets pbut.

Fire did not burn Prophet Ibrahim pbuh - this could be considered as a miracle :)

Ramadhan
05-22-2011, 02:49 PM
:wa:

(QS 21:68-17)

PICKTHAL:
They cried: Burn him and stand by your gods, if ye will be doing.
We said: O fire, be coolness and peace for Abraham,
And they wished to set a snare for him, but We made them the greater losers.

Allah SWT made fire cool for prophet Ibrahim (as) that when the fire stopped burning, Ibrahm (as) got out as if he had just taken cool refreshing shower.

Not all miracles are told in the Qur'an, we learn some miracles of the prophets (pbut) through ahadeeth.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
missy
05-22-2011, 02:53 PM
:sl:

^that's the book you need!
(click on it to get the pdf)

siam
05-23-2011, 05:12 AM
The Quran is against superstition. IMO, To base ones faith(trust) in a belief or person on the basis of "miracles" alone is blind belief/superstition. Iman (Faith) must come about through the use of one's intellect and reasoning to arrive at conviction. This is because "Belief" alone isn't enough---Guidance is sent for a purpose. That purpose is---to do God's will by having right beliefs that promote right intentions that lead to right actions for the benefit of all of God's creations. Therefore, the message/Guidance itself must have substance. If the message itself has substance---then it becomes a "sign" in itself and no other proof is really neccessary.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!