/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Direction of Mecca...from America

Considering
05-24-2011, 03:08 AM
I installed an application on my Iphone which points to Mecca.

I was surprised to find it pointing NorthEast, rather than SouthEast. Of course, you can look to Mecca if you look NE and wrap around the globe, but...I don't understand why it would be proper to face SE.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
04-12-2012, 04:01 AM
south east? You would be facing Australia( the continent, not Austria..)

dqsunday
04-13-2012, 02:46 AM
It would depend on exactly where in America (ie Continental US, Alaska?) you are located. That and North American is nearly opposite side of the globe from Saudi Arabia where Mecca is. Where I live I am definitely north of the equator, so southeast is the direction I face...or as close to it as I can figure out since I lack a compass. I used to have one but no clue where it is now. I better write a compass down on my shopping list...my direction sense sucks so I definitely will need a compass.

Australia probably be more south, south east.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!