/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Learning Arabic: QURAN MP3 English

Riana17
05-24-2011, 08:21 AM
Salam to all,

I am new convert, alhamdollelah rabil alameen 1000000000x.

I studied at free Islamic school before converting, and I can say I have fair knowledge in Islam and I blv that the highest achievement a man can reach in this life is being a real Muslim, and Inshallah we will all be guided by The Most High.

Everyday is a new learning experience, but I have difficulty in learning Arabic all by myself, last 6months (approx) I attempted and recited half of Arabic Alphabet but end up not finishing it:hiding:.
I find it hard to learn coz I am not good in reciting :heated: you can ask me to analyze but no way to recite, memory problem :exhausted :exhausted:exhausted
I am not lack of inspiration, my husband were very supportive but I DONT UNDERSTAND why I see Arabic as hard to learn ^o)

I have the full courage to learn Arabic because I know it will be beneficial for my personal learning and my future.
so this June Inshallah I will enrol to classes. Before that I would like you to pls share me a reliable good site where i can download free alphabet (MP3) or anything that can help me remember the alphabet and have fun / interest in learning it so I can keep up. Also I dont like to begin the classes knowing nothing, awww that would be really shameful ;D

Also, I would love to listen to Quran in English language (MP3), I wish to listen during my free time. If I am not able to download it in my mobile I am very much willing to buy a separate device for this. I requested English because I want to understand the message.

Thank you and appreciate all your input.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tyrion
05-24-2011, 08:41 AM
Make the intention to learn Arabic for Allah, and you should find that it makes things dramatically easier as long as you go to a structured class. Also, you really don't need to know anything before you start the class. Everyone will be in the same boat as you. :p

Theres an English audio translation of the Quran alongside the recitation available out there that I use... You can find it for download all over the internet for free. (The recitation is by Saud Al-Shuraim and Abdul Rahman Al-Sudais) Here's the first google result I found: http://www.quranenglish.com/Quran_Sudais/

Hope that helps.

Riana17
05-24-2011, 08:55 AM
SALAM Brother,

May Allah bless you all the time

Shokran, I really appreciate and will start to download. You are right but I want to take initiative and as much as possible avoid the hard time to my teacher.:phew
Yes absolutely I have the intention to learn writing and reading Arabic for Allah's sake. May Allah guide me and make it easier for me to learn

SALAM

Who Am I?
05-24-2011, 04:13 PM
I myself have taken to listening to podcasts of sermons on the Qu'ran from bayyinah.com. I like that the imam reads the Arabic and then explains what it says in English. I've actually started to pick up words and phrases here and there just from listening to it.

Now reading and writing it is another matter entirely...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Riana17
05-25-2011, 05:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy
I myself have taken to listening to podcasts of sermons on the Qu'ran from bayyinah.com. I like that the imam reads the Arabic and then explains what it says in English. I've actually started to pick up words and phrases here and there just from listening to it. Now reading and writing it is another matter entirely...
salam
Yallah i got inspiration from you, i still claim I am new Muslim but its almost my 2nd Ramadhan this coming:statisfie. And YES YES YES!!! I will study Arabic whatever it is;D.

I will visit the site inshallah, may Allah bless you for sharing :smile:

& by the way, i thought fasting was very hard. But no it isnt.

Who Am I?
05-25-2011, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by andrea17
salam
Yallah i got inspiration from you, i still claim I am new Muslim but its almost my 2nd Ramadhan this coming:statisfie. And YES YES YES!!! I will study Arabic whatever it is;D.

I will visit the site inshallah, may Allah bless you for sharing :smile:

& by the way, i thought fasting was very hard. But no it isnt.
Yeah, I have to admit that I am not totally sold on the fasting thing. I like to eat after all. But then I could also stand to lose a few pounds, so it might be something good for me anyway. ;D

Riana17
05-26-2011, 07:24 AM
Yeah, I have to admit that I am not totally sold on the fasting thing. I like to eat after all. But then I could also stand to lose a few pounds, so it might be something good for me anyway. ;D
I see you are open minded and very intellectual person, you see things that others cant , hence my prayer for you is endless and like me inshallah you will be reverted :)
just a word from me, that there are beautiful & weirdest feelings u will inshallah experience when you finally accept Islam
so im excited for u

Who Am I?
05-26-2011, 02:40 PM
I see you are open minded and very intellectual person, you see things that others cant , hence my prayer for you is endless and like me inshallah you will be reverted :)
just a word from me, that there are beautiful & weirdest feelings u will inshallah experience when you finally accept Islam
so im excited for u
Well I appreciate that. I have always prided myself (maybe too much) on being open minded and intellectual and I always try to consider all points before I make a decision on anything. This is no different.

Riana17
05-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Well I appreciate that. I have always prided myself (maybe too much) on being open minded and intellectual and I always try to consider all points before I make a decision on anything. This is no different.
salam, then if that's the case, I wont be surprise to hear the good news from u inshallah

Who Am I?
05-26-2011, 05:30 PM
salam, then if that's the case, I wont be surprise to hear the good news from u inshallah
Well I would say hold your breath, but you might pass out before then.

I am going to visit a masjid soon though. I have a few things I would like to discuss with the local Muslim community...

Riana17
05-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Well I would say hold your breath, but you might pass out before then.

I am going to visit a masjid soon though. I have a few things I would like to discuss with the local Muslim community...
Oh my!!!
I think it wont be easier for me to sleep tonight, im more than excited

everyday since i stalk on u, i see lots of improvement, u are definitely looking forward to have a change in ur life,,, good luck inshallah

Who Am I?
05-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Oh my!!!
I think it wont be easier for me to sleep tonight, im more than excited

everyday since i stalk on u, i see lots of improvement, u are definitely looking forward to have a change in ur life,,, good luck inshallah
Hehe. While I am not quite ready to convert, I have to admit that I am leaning that way right now. I still have a way to go, I think before I make a decision. I called the masjid earlier today and told them I would come in over the next few days. So I plan on doing that some time next week.

I will be out of town this weekend so it will give me a few days to sort out what I want to ask them...

Riana17
05-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Hehe. While I am not quite ready to convert, I have to admit that I am leaning that way right now. I still have a way to go, I think before I make a decision. I called the masjid earlier today and told them I would come in over the next few days. So I plan on doing that some time next week.

I will be out of town this weekend so it will give me a few days to sort out what I want to ask them...
awww, i remember the days before i finally feel i am muslim, it was perfect, everything seems to be in the right places

This is intelligent move, pls dont ever feel being pressured, bcoz Islam is not like that
U must feel it
i must admit that i HAD INTEREST in Islam from observing the muslims, u see here, no Muslim uses bad words, most (not all maybe) put themselves in others position before speaking

in my case, it is my husband, way back when we were frends...
he never told me to learn islam or go to school or wear hijab etc
But he was indeed clever u know, he told me too many islamic stories and everytime i listen to them, i will end up crying & i would ask him to tell me the story again & again
also...
everytime i have a problem he will calmly advise me what to do and yes i am very stubborn, i wont do what he said, i will always do it in my way, but after not having peace & end up problem hanging around, i wud try his suggestions, and i can tell without tricking u.. it works 99% of time
it goes for 3years, indeed hard headed huh

yah, i used to yell at him when i am mad at someone (bcoz i am kind of person who do not take revenge, when someone pisses me off, i hate it alot, really hating it badly but i always choose to let go in the end)
but he was so patient, in total of 5years we are together, he got mad at me just once, yes i am not exaggerating, he got mad just once and it was purely my mistake

cleanliness, intention, his stable mood, just bcoz he Believe,
there are times i was jealous at him, why i am hot headed and he isnt?

basically what i am saying is that, my time didnt come so fast, Islam was introduced to me even before i met my husband (2005)
in fact i attended Islamic school here in kuwait during 2003, i was like 17
all i could remember is that i dont like hijab and men having 4 wives, thats just ridiculous

but i still remember this book called "Adab Islamia" = manners in islam
i read it countless times, i cant agree more, yes, yes, yes, people must behave in islamic way, yes i agree, but i did not become Muslim this years

because???
1st it was not my time, Allah knows best
2nd i lack of education
3rd ignorance, i let go of the chances to discover more about islam

so yes, pls take ur time, i am sure everyone here would be pleased to see u (like me) even if u remains brother in christianity
bcoz religion doesnt matter when we receive warm/gud treatment, isnt it

salam

Who Am I?
05-27-2011, 01:20 PM
I've never had any Muslim friends, so I knew very little about Islam before I came to this forum. I had read a little on my own in various history books (I am a huge history nerd) but I still didn't really know much and was still influenced by the Western media's inaccurate portrayal of Islam.

I have to admit that I was a little uneasy coming here at first. I didn't know how the resident Muslims here would react to having an "infidel dog" among them. As I said, I don't have any Muslim friends to ask questions of, so this was the only way I could find out some things without arousing any anger or suspicion. To be honest, I'm still not sure what the local masjid would think if a white American guy walked in and asked to speak to a imam. That's not exactly something that happens every day around here.

Anyway, I did speak to a local brother on the phone and through email this week and he invited me to come in next week, so I plan to do that. I have to test the waters and see if I feel comfortable there and if the people there feel comfortable with me. That will have a big impact on my decision...

Then I'll have to worry about my friends and family, but I'll worry about that when the time comes...

Riana17
05-27-2011, 01:30 PM
I've never had any Muslim friends, so I knew very little about Islam before I came to this forum. I had read a little on my own in various history books (I am a huge history nerd) but I still didn't really know much and was still influenced by the Western media's inaccurate portrayal of Islam.

I have to admit that I was a little uneasy coming here at first. I didn't know how the resident Muslims here would react to having an "infidel dog" among them. As I said, I don't have any Muslim friends to ask questions of, so this was the only way I could find out some things without arousing any anger or suspicion. To be honest, I'm still not sure what the local masjid would think if a white American guy walked in and asked to speak to a imam. That's not exactly something that happens every day around here.

Anyway, I did speak to a local brother on the phone and through email this week and he invited me to come in next week, so I plan to do that. I have to test the waters and see if I feel comfortable there and if the people there feel comfortable with me. That will have a big impact on my decision...

Then I'll have to worry about my friends and family, but I'll worry about that when the time comes...
yes that is right
and i am glad u had the courage to come here

when the time comes u feel a total comfort , then it is you to decide

we learned from Ms Flame, when she finally accepted Islam she was in pain but decided leave her kind husband just bcoz he was not Muslim
she was in unmeasurable pain but she knew inside her that standing on your faith worth more than anything this world can offer

Who Am I?
05-27-2011, 02:27 PM
yes that is right
and i am glad u had the courage to come here

when the time comes u feel a total comfort , then it is you to decide

we learned from Ms Flame, when she finally accepted Islam she was in pain but decided leave her kind husband just bcoz he was not Muslim
she was in unmeasurable pain but she knew inside her that standing on your faith worth more than anything this world can offer

just bcoz she believe, so its you who gonna feel that and
I've read Flame's story and it has become sort of an inspiration for me to find my own way. Now I'm not married, so I don't have to deal with the issues she had to deal with, but I know that both the Bible and the Qu'ran talk about being persecuted and facing adversity for your faith. That WILL happen whether you are a Christian or a Muslim. For too long I have been living in my comfort zone of isolation, and now I'm stepping out of it, and honestly, it's a little scary right now. But I am trying to just follow where God leads me...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!