/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Baking Cakes Feminine?

Beardo
05-26-2011, 05:17 PM
I have a quick and urgent question for everyone: Is it feminine for a guy to bake a cake for the MSA Potluck? x_____x I don't want to be made fun of. :|

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
gladTidings
05-26-2011, 05:23 PM
No its not br.

Go for it.

Mr.President
05-26-2011, 05:39 PM
No its not !

Ramadhan
05-26-2011, 05:45 PM
no, it's not feminine. Baking cakes is for everyone. well not everyone, but you get my drift.
I myself love cooking and experiment with baking cakes, it's fun to add little things here and there. But I always overdid it.
One time I was baking chocolate chip cookies and I put so much choco chips and almond powder it was ugly, but taste yummy nonetheless. I think.
Remember, unlike cooking where you can always add salt, pepper or sugar later to balance taste, baking is a lot more precise. You have to measure carefully and stick with the recipe.

what cake are you gonna you bake?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
05-26-2011, 05:47 PM
i make super chapatis so go ahead and bake super cakes

just dont wear an apron tho u might look like a Bengali dinner lady

Who Am I?
05-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Dude, I've baked a cake, I bake chicken, I've sewed stitches to repair clothes, and I'm still a manly man. Your manhood does not depend on what you do.

What? Why is everyone looking at me like that?! ^o) :hmm:

Beardo
05-26-2011, 06:27 PM
Fine. I'm taking your guys words for it. What's a good comeback if someone attacks my manhood?

Who Am I?
05-26-2011, 08:31 PM
I could tell you what the old me would have said, but I can't post that here.

Just remember that they are jealous of your baking skills. Guys always make fun of another guy when they feel threatened. Most dudes I know microwave a burrito and call that "cooking".

سيف الله
05-26-2011, 08:39 PM
Salaam

Just say, no u!

Alternatively if things get out of control, try this on the naysayers

That will silence them. . . . . .

Aprender
05-26-2011, 08:43 PM
No, it's not feminine at all. Everyone can bake! Some of the greatest chefs in the world are men. :D

Now when someone attacks my humanhood (is that even a word?) I usually just smile at them and walk away. Or make dua for them, then smile, then walk away.:shade:

GuestFellow
05-27-2011, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
I have a quick and urgent question for everyone: Is it feminine for a guy to bake a cake for the MSA Potluck? x_____x I don't want to be made fun of. :|
Salaam,

Some people think like that but no, it's not feminine. I hate cooking. I just like eating. :/

What's a good comeback if someone attacks my manhood?
Well...I remember at school I had to clean the classroom. I was in detention and forced to wear pink latex gloves. Some student came in and called me "gay". I told him that I was interested in him and he got scared and ran away...he never spoke to me again. :p:

I don't think I should I go into details what I actually said to him....

ProudMuslimSis
05-27-2011, 04:01 AM
Everyone will be too busy licking their fingers to give you a hard time.

I have a feeling you are a great baker, so get ready to share the recipe.

Ansariyah
05-27-2011, 09:25 AM
It doesn't make you feminine, but creative.

yas2010
05-27-2011, 10:16 AM
No way. My dear dad was a fab cook, and he loved to share the food he cooked. I can assure you no-one would have dreamed of considering my dear dad feminine because he cooked.

So dear brother get baking and i am expecting some virtual cake my way too. :)

elina
05-27-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm probably a bit late in my reply as you said it was urgent but no no no no no baking doesnt make you feminine, I think its great when guys can cook, my son learnt to cook with me when he was about 7/8, little things like cake and biscuits at first but then meals and he is now a great cook.

LOL at guestfellow

Ansariyah
05-27-2011, 11:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yas2010
No way. My dear dad was a fab cook, and he loved to share the food he cooked. I can assure you no-one would have dreamed of considering my dear dad feminine because he cooked.

So dear brother get baking and i am expecting some virtual cake my way too. :)
When I see my Dad bake or cook I see a 6'5 manly man who knows to make some mean food, deserts.

Trust me, theres nothing 'feminine' about it.=)

MashaAllah at ur dad & mine.^-^

al yunan
05-27-2011, 11:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
Fine. I'm taking your guys words for it. What's a good comeback if someone attacks my manhood?

Assalamu Alaikum brother,

A reminder that the world's best chefs are men should suffice !

Masalam

Perseveranze
05-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Just say your wife made them.... Though there are male bakers, its just not really that masculine.

Innocent Soul
05-27-2011, 11:54 AM
^ Good idea. I think it's really good if brothers know how to cook.

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
My dear dad was a fab cook, and he loved to share the food he cooked.
My dad is also a great cook..

format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
MashaAllah at ur dad & mine.^-^
Mine to :).

al yunan
05-27-2011, 12:42 PM
Salam to all,

The prophet s.a.w used to do his own housework and sewed / washed his clothes.
The world I came from any man who can't cook ain't much of a man.
In the Muslim world I joined a man who can't take care of his family and home in all aspects ain't much of a Muslim.:embarrass
The only thing that purely feminine is to give birth and breast feed.

Masalam

PS: Today's fathers are lucky to have missed out on the cloth +o(diapper era.

Rhubarb Tart
05-27-2011, 12:55 PM
I don’t have any male relative that can cook including my older brothers. We always end up doing the cooking for them. I don’t think you should care about what people think...
You should start baking! The cakes, biscuits and cookies are better when they are fresh! plus, you can teach your kids to cook during the weekend when or if you become a father that is...

Who Am I?
05-27-2011, 01:34 PM
I know some dudes who microwave a burrito and say they "cooked". I know other dudes who can't even boil water.

CosmicPathos
05-27-2011, 01:36 PM
just dont draw heart shaped things on the cake with cream and sprinkles, it will be a serious threat to your manhood.

Who Am I?
05-27-2011, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
just dont draw heart shaped things on the cake with cream and sprinkles, it will be a serious threat to your manhood.
*Looks at my freshly baked cake with little hearts and smiley faces* Oh... it.. uh.. it was already like that. Yeah...

flowergarden
08-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Dear brother, COOK AWAY!
It is not feminine at all! My father cook. I think it is more manly if a man decides to learn how to cook. I feel they are deciding to learn something most men choose not to! Its a stress relieve to cook cakes and something yummy you like!

Plus the MSA pot luck will appreciate you for doing that

Futuwwa
08-27-2011, 02:35 AM
I don't cook very often, but when I do, it's *Serious Business*, and art being created. Not a household chore.

I have developed an ambition of hosting an annual iftar at my place, consisting entirely of foods I've invented myself, and having it become *the* best iftar in town ;D

Abz2000
08-28-2011, 06:55 AM
I just learned to make flapjacks last week and have already made them twice more since, I also made some with crunchy nut cornflakes and dark chocolate and coconut and raisins and cranberries, so what?
When I cook my kids like my food coz i throw stuff like milk and supermalt and nuts in the curries, I think men are better cooks coz they're better risk takers, women are usually more cautious with everything

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!