/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding English Version of the Quran being read...(PLEASE HELP!)

La illah allah
06-05-2011, 03:57 PM
OK brothers and sisters:

I am not good with reading Arabic and understanding the language as I was born in America (That is not the reason why, long story). I read the English version of the Qur'an (the verses in English and next to it is the Arabic version). A thought struck me about being rewarded for reading the Qur'an in English: Will I still be rewarded the same for reading the Qur'an in English and not Arabic? Also, how many pages should I read from the English version? I know it is 20 pages at least from the Arabic version and I do not read Arabic. There is an 100% Arabic Qur'an and the English Qur'an with Arabic in it(The Ayats) Please leave evidence regarding your reply, Thank you!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
La illah allah
06-12-2011, 02:00 AM
If it is just common sense, then please let me know, if not then post a reply...PLEASE! Jazaakallahukhayrun

abdallah220
06-12-2011, 07:38 AM
نفهك الله عنا يا أخى

Insaanah
06-12-2011, 11:06 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by La illah allah
I read the English version of the Qur'an (the verses in English and next to it is the Arabic version).
Firstly, there are no versions of the Qur'an. There is only one Qur'an, and that is the Qur'an revealed to Prophet Muhammad :saws: in Arabic.

There are different translations of the Qur'an, however they are not the Qur'an itself, nor are they versions of it, but merely translations.

A thought struck me about being rewarded for reading the Qur'an in English: Will I still be rewarded the same for reading the Qur'an in English and not Arabic?
See this link:

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/2589/e...%20translation

Also, how many pages should I read from the English version? I know it is 20 pages at least from the Arabic version and I do not read Arabic. There is an 100% Arabic Qur'an and the English Qur'an with Arabic in it(The Ayats) Please leave evidence regarding your reply, Thank you!
How much you read daily is up to you, but you've referred to the English Qur'an, remember, there's no such thing as an English Qur'an, but an English translation of the Qur'an.

But do strive to learn Arabic and to then you can actually read the Qur'an, rather than translations, and you can then read the translation to help you understand the meaning.

:sl:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!