/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I lost some "sexy dressed" customers

ardianto
06-07-2011, 06:15 PM
:sl:

Almost 9 years I run a small business in my home. Alhamdulillah, I have many loyal customers who always use my service. I know and recognize all of my loyal customers, and I know, from all of them, there were young ladies who always "dressed sexy". Maybe not so sexy according to western people, but I call it "sexy dressed" because they did not cover their hairs, showed some awrah, and they often wore tight dresses. And, there were some similarity in those "sexy dressed" customers. They are young, between 20-30. attractive, high educated, and came from middle class families.

But later I realized, I began to lose my "sexy dressed" customers one by one. Like today, when I lost a "sexy dressed" customer again.

No, no, they did not move to other company. They are still my customers, but now they are not "sexy dressed" customers. Now they wear Hijab. :D

Yes, they are only my customers, not my family. But I am very very very happy to see them wear hijab. Alhamdulillah. :statisfie

I hope other "sexy dressed" customers would follow those new hijabi.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Just_A_Girl13
06-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Salam brother,

Thank you for sharing this story with us. It is so inspiring to know that Allah has guided those women to do the right thing :) Right now, I am sitting in my own home wearing the hijab even though I am completely alone simply because I like it. And I wish the same for all sisters in Islam and sisters in Humanity.

Peace be with you

Ramadhan
06-08-2011, 05:11 AM
alhamdulillah mas Ardianto.

I see the trend of increasingly observant muslims in our country, although at the same time, a lot of people are also getting very westernized, and imitate the lifestyles of americans they see on tv, movies, etc. That's the price of democracy I guess.
Same thing with my extended large families. In the 80s and early 90s, none of my family members (and I have very large extended family as my grandparnet from my mother side has 8 children, and my grandfather from my mother has 13 children - from 3 wives, not at the same time). So I have double digit numbers of aunts, tens of female cousins, and none wore hijab in the 80s/very early 90s.
But one by one started to wear hijab, starting with my own mother, and now many if not most of my aunts/cousins wear hijabs.

Same thing with my colleagues. Three of my female colleagues wore hijab for the first time inthe past year. Alhamdulilah.

ardianto
06-09-2011, 01:43 PM

Thank you very much sister Just A Girl and brother Ramadhan.

New I will tell something. Actually my wife is considered as New Hijabi. She started to wear hijab after I joined in Islamicboard. Of course I knew if wear hijab is obligated to Muslimah, but like many Muslims males in my place, I chose not to force my wife or my female relatives to wear hijab, but I always try to remind them, slowly and softly.

Wear hijab for women is like a Hijrah (moving) from old life to new life. And if women do hijrah, they must move totally, not only their bodies, but also their hearts. And if we force women (at least Indonesian women) to wear hijab without make them understand meaning of hijab for Muslimah, it's same like we move their bodies to the new place but left their hearts still in old place. "Forced Hijabi" like these will remove their hijab whenever they get a chance.

Maybe my attitude in hijab matter is strange, or maybe seem wrong, but situation in my place is different.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Riana17
06-13-2011, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

Thank you very much sister Just A Girl and brother Ramadhan.

New I will tell something. Actually my wife is considered as New Hijabi. She started to wear hijab after I joined in Islamicboard. Of course I knew if wear hijab is obligated to Muslimah, but like many Muslims males in my place, I chose not to force my wife or my female relatives to wear hijab, but I always try to remind them, slowly and softly.

Wear hijab for women is like a Hijrah (moving) from old life to new life. And if women do hijrah, they must move totally, not only their bodies, but also their hearts. And if we force women (at least Indonesian women) to wear hijab without make them understand meaning of hijab for Muslimah, it's same like we move their bodies to the new place but left their hearts still in old place. "Forced Hijabi" like these will remove their hijab whenever they get a chance.

Maybe my attitude in hijab matter is strange, or maybe seem wrong, but situation in my place is different.

salam

I like your attitude Brother, I really do, many people does not realize this after all
I am sure with your right MENTALITY Allah will bless you BIG,

At first I thought U missed your sexy dressed customers " HAHAHA " dirty mind LOOOL
Please blame me, coz the title is misleading :P
Uhuhhh? Did i blame the title LOL

Salam

sarah85
06-13-2011, 12:52 PM
I find the hijaab sexy....besides there is nothing wrong with being sexy as long as it is in front of the husband and not the general male public.

I do tend to find some Muslims simply thinking that women dressing sexily is wrong even in front of their spouse:rollseyes

Perseveranze
06-13-2011, 01:36 PM
I had to read replies to understand what you were saying, thought you were complaining about losing customers lol. Anyways good to hear, it's more of a trend in the west though, alot of young born Muslims grow up without really following their deen then when they hit their 20's or 30's, when their more independant and able to think for themselves, they begin to take it seriously.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!