/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you wake for Fajr?

Ghazalah
06-07-2011, 09:27 PM
:sl:

The title says it all :D Personally for me, my parents wake me up because we all pray Fajr together in the house alhamdillah. What about everyone else? If mods can put a poll that would be great ;D

Btw do some people have like a group of friends where you take it in turns to ring eachother? I think that's a great idea :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Innocent Soul
06-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Assalamualaikum

Yeah my father used to wake me up but now it's somewhat difficult. So I am trying my keeping an alarm. That's the best alarm clock ever :D. You will definitely wake up but the main thing is I have to control myself from going to sleep again :phew. Well, I remember when I was having problems for waking up I made this thread and got really helpful advises :statisfie. If anyone here have any problem in waking up for fajar see this thread.
http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...8371-fajr.html

جوري
06-11-2011, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah

The title says it all :D Personally for me, my parents wake me up because we all pray Fajr together in the house alhamdillah. What about everyone else? If mods can put a poll that would be great ;D

Btw do some people have like a group of friends where you take it in turns to ring eachother? I think that's a great idea :D
yes but won't everyone know when it is that special time when you don't join?
I set my alarm but usually wake up out of habit wal7mdlillah..

:w:

Who Am I?
06-11-2011, 03:48 PM
As a new Muslim, I'm still getting used to waking up that early. I live alone, so I have to set an alarm to get myself up for wudu and then prayer. These first few days have been a little rough, I admit.

Sometimes I go back to sleep after, and sometimes I stay up and get ready for work.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Just_A_Girl13
06-11-2011, 06:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy
As a new Muslim, I'm still getting used to waking up that early. I live alone, so I have to set an alarm to get myself up for wudu and then prayer. These first few days have been a little rough, I admit.
Salam brother,

Don't beat yourself up, I missed it this morning because I accidentally fell asleep :( Inshallah we both will be able to wake up more easily tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is always a new day, after all :)

Peace be with you

bintYahya
06-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Assalam alaikum,

I still don't know how to make sure I wake up for fajr. I have about 10 alarms set but there are nights when I sleep through all of them; I'm just so exhausted after an evening shift, especially in this hot weather, that sleeping for 2 hours at a time is very difficult. And during the night I don't clearly get enough sleep.

So how do you make sure you wake up? Would love to hear the best ideas.

Just a Guy and Just_A_Girl13, may Allah give you both strength for your new life.

Haya emaan
06-11-2011, 07:43 PM

i set atleast 3 alarms with the difference of 5 mins each... and some time more if i had to ring any of my friends up too..
i have to wake up my family.. :)

yes i used to have a group like that and we tried to wake up specially those friends who usually missed their fajr prayers or don't pray it at all... we also did that for our tahajud prayers and really that worked a lot... we used to send beautiful ayahs sms and messages on love of Allah to wake up each other... :statisfie
now i miss those friends so much..imsad

Cabdullahi
06-11-2011, 08:05 PM
how do you wake for fajr?

i open my crust-filled eyes, take off my blanket and get up....walk towards the toilet...switch on the light squint my eyes and grit my teeth ...thats how i wake for fajr

missy
06-11-2011, 08:07 PM

My parents wake me up too.....it's kinda sad that i don't wake-up by myself imsad
I do keep an alarm in my cell phone....but everytime it rings i put it on snooze...
i hate it...i wish i could be a bit more responsible...

May Allah SWT give us the ability to fulfill our obligations with perfection. Ameen.

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
yes but won't everyone know when it is that special time when you don't join?
ahem!

missy
06-11-2011, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
yes i used to have a group like that and we tried to wake up specially those friends who usually missed their fajr prayers or don't pray it at all... we also did that for our tahajud prayers and really that worked a lot... we used to send beautiful ayahs sms and messages on love of Allah to wake up each other...
MashaAllah!!
May Allah SWT reward you and your friends...Ameen.

format_quote Originally Posted by thequietone
i open my crust-filled eyes, take off my blanket and get up....walk towards the toilet...switch on the light squint my eyes and grit my teeth ...thats how i wake for fajr

sis muslimah
11-03-2011, 07:44 PM
i have bout 4-5 alarms :D i wake up my family too but sometimes if i dont get up my mum wakes me up =)

crimsontide06
11-03-2011, 11:46 PM
I think you can pray the fajr(I assume you are talking about the very early morning prayer) as soon as you wake up. just my opinion. Its not your fault if you sleep past it.

Abz2000
11-04-2011, 12:40 AM
^ you can, if it's by accident or you had the intention to wake up, but it's not a good habit, i've been working at night recently (self employed) and sleep though the day (that way i don't shout at the kids for tearing through the house while i'm working), pray fajr - then sleep, but now i find i'm waking up late for Dhuhr!

'Abd-al Latif
11-04-2011, 01:26 AM

Relax before I go sleep (sleeping with stress or other emotional discomfort makes you feel unrested in the morning), sleep early and set the adhaan as an alarm on my phone. The most important of all, make lots of du'aa before you sleep.

Aside from things like healthy dieting and exercising that can help you sleep and wake up properly, you should work hard to maintain your eman. Recite a lot of Qur'an, make a lot of dhikr, make lots of du'aa etc, all of these will help in encouraging you to do more good deeds – like waking up for fajr, for example.

MuslimahBarb
11-04-2011, 01:34 AM
We(my husband MustafaMc & I) have an alarm set though he wakes up before time for Fajr most mornings and he often offers tahajjud prayer, MashaAllah. :D

syed1
11-04-2011, 01:55 AM
The best way to wake up for me personally is to the sound of the adhan.

I have a black berry 9780 and I downloaded an app called salatmk and it gives you the option to set a the adhan when it time for prayer..

I have the adhan set for 30 minutes after fajr so that way I get some sleep but don't miss salat ...

Honestly, the adhan is so beautiful in the morning particularly because of the voice of the person who recorded it and it really helps me wake up and go for prayer..

Usually its right after " hiya lassalah " hiya lalfalah " come for prayer , come to success.. and then sleep it better than prayer..

At the end of the day though its your mindset aswell.. if you make the intention you want to pray fajr in the morning when you wake up and lay there in bed, there was a hadith but dont quote me which stated that shaytan massages your feet so you don't want to get up which makes it difficult or harder to get out of bed for fajr so it does take some mental effort.

Inshallah we are all able to wake up and pray fajr salah
ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!