/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Well, this is it...

Who Am I?
06-09-2011, 04:01 AM
..the thread I know a lot of you have been waiting for.

I almost didn't do it, but I decided to go ahead and take the plunge anyway. So I took my shahada today.

I feel like a big weight has been lifted from my heart. The old order of my life has passed away, and the old life is gone. This is the dawn of a new day for me.

I know it won't all be easy from here, but I feel at peace right now. For the first time in a long time, I feel good about myself.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mr.President
06-09-2011, 04:04 AM
masha allah !!! I am happy 4 ur bro !

Zafran
06-09-2011, 04:34 AM
Salaam

congrats welcome to Islam - May Allah make this journey easy for you

peace

Flame of Hope
06-09-2011, 04:37 AM
:sl:

I'm all ears! I want to know all the details. The whole story.... from beginning to end. What happened when you went to the masjid? Who did you meet there? What did they say? What did you say? etc. etc. etc. The whole drill.

The story-telling session is now in your court I'm afraid. And I get to be among the audience for a change. lol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jalal~
06-09-2011, 04:57 AM
dude seriously, i subscribed to the thread just to hear your story, lol. Welcome to Islam and May Allah guide us all to the Straight Path

Mr.President
06-09-2011, 05:11 AM
U R IT !!! v r w8ing !!

Ramadhan
06-09-2011, 05:51 AM
alhamdulillah!

Allah SWT has just erased all your past bad deeds and sins, so you are practically now starting your life with clean slate like a baby just born, but a wisdom of a grown up man.
Please make du'as (supplications, prayers) as much as you can, and please remember all of us here in your dua too. Insha Allah.

Riana17
06-09-2011, 06:17 AM
SERIOUSLY???
Masha Allah!!! Allahu Akbar!!!

What a very very blessed day ??? Just a Guy & Just a Girl took Shahada on the same day???

Subhanallah!!! :Koran::cresentbl

May Allah make this transition easy for both of you brother & sister. Ameen

You will be in my DUAA and I know you will pass all the trials inshallah, you both entered this Deen with full knowledge.

Subhanallahhh!!! Oh I am just so happy to hear a good news,, alhamdollelah rabil Alameen

Riana17
06-09-2011, 06:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame

I'm all ears! I want to know all the details. The whole story.... from beginning to end. What happened when you went to the masjid? Who did you meet there? What did they say? What did you say? etc. etc. etc. The whole drill.

The story-telling session is now in your court I'm afraid. And I get to be among the audience for a change. lol.
HAHAHA, nice indeed

Ansariyah
06-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Allahu Akbar!=d
Welcome back to Islam brother=)

aadil77
06-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Congrats brother, I hope you found what you were looking for

Hannah.
06-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Masha'Allah! Welcome to Islam bro. May Allah (swt) make it easy for you.

tigerkhan
06-09-2011, 09:36 AM
subhan allah its great news.
congratulation. and welcom to islam and success.

Tilmeez
06-09-2011, 10:31 AM

.... plus tell us what non-Muslim "Just a guy" used to think about Islam and Muslims and what a Muslim "Just a guy" now thinks about Islam and Muslim and his own previous life. What Muslim name you chose for yourself or you still doing with your old name and so many things... come on!

Asiyah3
06-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Masha'Allah! Al-hamdulillah I am very happy for you. Welcome back home and to the family, brother. It is indeed a new life, the minute you say the shahada all your past sins are erased, and you are as clean as a new born baby.

May Allah make everything easy for you.

al yunan
06-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Assalamu Alaikum brother,

I've been semi consious all day now I know why I just had to know, now I'll go lie down again.
Welcome and Allahu Akbar !

Masalam

Insaanah
06-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Assalamu alaikum (peace be upon you) brother

Subhaanallah (Glory be to Allah), and all praise be to Allah who guided you to Islam. This is wonderful news. Welcome home.

May Allah bless you, make everything easy for you and keep you steadfast. Ameen.

Rafeeq
06-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Mashallah......

Who Am I?
06-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Well alright then. Went to bed after I posted, got up to pray, went back to sleep, got to work and I'm on page 2 now.

A few questions answered here.

I kept my name. I didn't feel right in taking a Muslim name to use around my Muslim brothers and then using my old name around my old friends and family. Plus I didn't want to disrespect my parents by abandoning the name they gave me. That just didn't feel right to me. So I kept my English birth name. It is a Biblical name anyway. I am still the same person, outside. But I am a different man inside.

I've been working on my long story post and will have it up when it is complete. Hopefully that will answer all of your questions.

YusufNoor
06-09-2011, 02:45 PM

the Prophet, peace be upon him, came to perfect good manners, to enjoin good and to forbid evil. as Muslims we "seem" to be experts in forbidding evil, ESPECIALLY in others. we've forgotten good manners and our negativity makes people ignore any "goodness" that might come from us.

so I ask Allah to make us experts in showing and having "good manners' and may He make us also experts in "enjoining good!" and when it comes to forbidding evil, May Allah make us experts in forbidding ALL the evil that we ourselves do and pay more attention to THAT than what is done by others. Ameen.

Masalaam

sister herb
06-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Salam alaykum;

welcome to Islam brother. Congratulations to you about your new life.

piXie
06-09-2011, 03:03 PM
As-salaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuh,

Alhamdulillaah, welcome to Islam. Masha Allaah, two shahadahs in one day! :)

Aameen to all the duaas.

Muhammad
06-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Congratulations on coming back to Islam! :)

Who Am I?
06-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Thanks to everyone who replied.

I'm going to start a new thread with my story. I will post it in several parts because it is pretty long so far. I'm not finished with it yet.

IAmZamzam
06-09-2011, 03:47 PM
That feeling of a cleaned out heart won't last: you're bound to start sinning again. So enjoy it while you can. And if you ever have any concerns, we're here.

Flame of Hope
06-09-2011, 03:48 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy
I will post it in several parts because it is pretty long so far.
You got no choice, brother. That was how I had to do it. Folks don't wanna wait!!!! We're living in The Instant Story Age. Heh heh he!;D

Perseveranze
06-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Subhanallah.

Something that always keeps me at peace, are hearing the beautiful words from God through Quranic recitations. Here's a few;

al yunan
06-09-2011, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yahya Sulaiman
That feeling of a cleaned out heart won't last: you're bound to start sinning again. So enjoy it while you can.
That's not a very nice thing to say and especially the way you said it.

Haya emaan
06-09-2011, 04:32 PM
AllahuAkber.. mabrook brother.. congratulations..
welcome to Islam welcome to the path of truth to the path that leads to jannah..

what a wonderful day today..MashaAllah

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-09-2011, 04:33 PM
As'Salaamu Alaaykum wa'Rahmatullaah wa'Barahkaatuh

Welcome back home bro. Just a Guy..

I hope you enjoy your stay and find Islaam being a beneficial way of life towards yourself and others around you insha'Allaah..

I wonder how it felt when reciting the Shahadah...

please keep us all in your prayers..

.. peace ..

IAmZamzam
06-09-2011, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al yunan
That's not a very nice thing to say and especially the way you said it.
I didn't mean anything personal by it. It's not like any of us aren't sinners. I'm trying to help him enjoy a good thing while it lasts. Excuse me to death.

Who Am I?
06-09-2011, 05:03 PM
No offense taken, Yahya, because you're right. I may have already sinned, but I asked Allah to forgive me while I was typing my story. I had to put the exact words of my old angry self and I'm afraid it wasn't very nice.

MSalman
06-09-2011, 05:29 PM
as-salaam alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

*walks in with a big smile on face* - takbeer, Allahu Akbar! Mabrook & welcome back to Islam my dear brother :). I'm really happy for you to hear this wonderful news. Couple of quick reminders: take it slowly, one step at a time, don't overwhelm yourself and be patient. May Allah Azza wa Jal make your journey easier, ameen.

Who Am I?
06-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Yeah, there is a lot I don't know yet. Like reciting the surahs during prayer. I don't know how to do that yet, so I just spoke to Allah as if I was normally praying. I hope He is not offended by that.

Practice and repetition will take care of a lot of this, inshallah.

BintAbee
06-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Congratulations! May Allah make it easy for you and may He keep you steadfast. May He grant you beneficial knowledge and make you a source of guidance for others. Ameen.

missy
06-09-2011, 09:05 PM
Congratulations brother!
All Praise be to Allah (SWT) who Guided you to the Truth.
May He keep you steadfast in your faith and make you a pious Muslim and make you from among His beloved slaves. Ameen

so I just spoke to Allah as if I was normally praying. I hope He is not offended by that.
That's absolutely fine! He definitely won't get offended…why would He??
You know what….rather He'll reward you for every single effort of yours…He knows your intention and sincerity of the heart is what is most important.
Keep Praying and always be Thankful! Don't worry, soon InshaAllah you'll pray just like the other Muslims Pray!

Practice and repetition will take care of a lot of this, inshallah.
Definitely! first off, you should have complete trust and hope in Allah (SWT) and then your effort if what follows. Actually both go hand in hand.
May Allah (SWT) Bless you with Beneficial Knowledge and correct understanding of Deen. Ameen

Ma'assalaam :)

Futuwwa
06-10-2011, 12:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
What a very very blessed day ??? Just a Guy & Just a Girl took Shahada on the same day???
Now, all that remains is for them to marry each other. That'd be too poetic to be a coincidence, it would have to be qadar :D

Flame of Hope
06-10-2011, 02:48 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
Now, all that remains is for them to marry each other.
Just a Girl is only 13 years old, if I'm not mistaken. Just a Guy is 22 years older than her! Not quite sure if they are interested in each other. lol.

Who Am I?
06-10-2011, 04:22 AM
Uh yeah, I don't think I will be getting married anytime soon, not in my situation. In fact, I was talking about this with a brother at the masjid today.

At some point, I will have to tell the family that I am a Muslim. I am living a secret life right now, and I can't ask anyone else to take on that burden. If I have a wife, she will have to deal with the fallout of that, and that's not fair to her. So for my sake and the sake of any sisters, I must remain single, inshallah.

Just_A_Girl13
06-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Just a Girl is only 13 years old, if I'm not mistaken. Just a Guy is 22 years older than her! Not quite sure if they are interested in each other. lol.
I'm a little older than that, although still a bit young to get married :D

Riana17
06-11-2011, 05:22 AM

salam
This site is for people to find out the truth :D and glad to have non Muslim members share their conversion & IB is part of it. alhamdollelah

P.S.
But it is not very dangerous for an OLD GUY to marry a MUCH younger girl, IF THE girl accepts???? :D
Lol Just kidding around brother

But I do hope you will find a right Muslim woman for you, I am sure it will be alot easier to practise Islam if you have a supporting wife, inshallah. I will make Duaa

Riana17
06-11-2011, 05:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just_A_Girl13
I'm a little older than that, although still a bit young to get married :D
Okay sis, dont worry you are not alone, I am just a little bit older than you anyway HIHIHI & i am married :D

Who Am I?
06-12-2011, 06:24 AM
salam
This site is for people to find out the truth :D and glad to have non Muslim members share their conversion & IB is part of it. alhamdollelah

P.S.
But it is not very dangerous for an OLD GUY to marry a MUCH younger girl, IF THE girl accepts???? :D
Lol Just kidding around brother

But I do hope you will find a right Muslim woman for you, I am sure it will be alot easier to practise Islam if you have a supporting wife, inshallah. I will make Duaa

Well my life right now is a mess and I can't ask a sister to share that burden with me at this time. Perhaps one day, but right now I must walk alone, inshallah.

Riana17
06-12-2011, 06:32 AM
Well my life right now is a mess and I can't ask a sister to share that burden with me at this time. Perhaps one day, but right now I must walk alone, inshallah.
Salam
Its not a mess, pls dont say that (you have to pls delete this idea in your mind)
Being Muslim is the most stable and peaceful state of our life

Besides, we all have fate, we dont know that yet so we can only offer a sincere duaa for you, inshallah you will have a wife with a beautiful heart (like me:D ), intelligent (like ms flame) & so on (i must stop before anyone accuse me of conspiracy:exhausted)

For me I would risk anything just to be a real Muslim.

Who Am I?
06-12-2011, 06:38 AM
Don't get me wrong; I am glad I decided to take shahada. I feel at peace in my heart about that.

Well what I mean is this: at some point, I will have to tell my parents about my conversion/reversion to Islam. Being Christians, they're not going to like that. If I was to find a Muslim wife, she would have to deal with their wrath as well as me, and my parents will likely blame her when it would not be her fault. That's not fair to a sister. I can't ask anyone else to deal with this for me. I must do this alone.

After all is said and done, then maybe I can find a Muslim wife. But right now, no. I just can't.

Riana17
06-12-2011, 06:43 AM
Don't get me wrong; I am glad I decided to take shahada. I feel at peace in my heart about that.

Well what I mean is this: at some point, I will have to tell my parents about my conversion/reversion to Islam. Being Christians, they're not going to like that. If I was to find a Muslim wife, she would have to deal with their wrath as well as me, and my parents will likely blame her when it would not be her fault. That's not fair to a sister. I can't ask anyone else to deal with this for me. I must do this alone.

After all is said and done, then maybe I can find a Muslim wife. But right now, no. I just can't.
salam again
I understand from the beginning, what I am saying is that we have fate and inshallah good one for you, Allah will give what we deserve
pl take one step at the time or just leave it till they discover, relax and enjoy the moment of being Muslim, its all between you and Allah & Allah knows your intention, in time inshallah everything will be okay

a real Muslim wife, yes in time inshallah

Who Am I?
06-12-2011, 06:48 AM
salam again
I understand from the beginning, what I am saying is that we have fate and inshallah good one for you, Allah will give what we deserve
pl take one step at the time or just leave it till they discover, relax and enjoy the moment of being Muslim, its all between you and Allah & Allah knows your intention, in time inshallah everything will be okay

a real Muslim wife, yes in time inshallah

Well I have decided that I will show my parents through my actions that I am becoming a better man. Then maybe they will be more open and respect my decision. I pray every day that Allah will open their hearts and minds.

Riana17
06-12-2011, 06:54 AM
Well I have decided that I will show my parents through my actions that I am becoming a better man. Then maybe they will be more open and respect my decision. I pray every day that Allah will open their hearts and minds.
Ameen, you are still lucky, people who converted before does not get any assistance from anyone
Pls remember that this process will test your faith
and once you pass all these, you can pass everything inshallah

your family is all that matters, the rest (friends, colleagues etc who does not respect) has nothing to do with your chosen life.

Who Am I?
06-12-2011, 06:57 AM
Yeah, I know it won't be easy. Even today, I was tested. Bad thoughts kept coming into my head all day and I had to keep asking Allah to forgive me for them.

Anyway, I'm going to bed now. Have to get up for fajr in a couple of hours.

Riana17
06-12-2011, 07:02 AM
Salam

Seeking Refuge from Shaitan:"Audthu Billa Mina Shaitani Rajeem"

Masha Allah praying for Fajr. MAy Allah bless you , I started to pray fajr only after 1 year, very lazy tho.

brmm
06-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I know it won't be easy. Even today, I was tested. Bad thoughts kept coming into my head all day and I had to keep asking Allah to forgive me for them.
Anyway, I'm going to bed now. Have to get up for fajr in a couple of hours.
Be patient inshallah, at the end the Satan/His followers will not find away to you, and they will consider you as a 100% hopeless case and leave you for ever inshallah.

This case shows one of the benefits of the marriage, because when you have another Muslim soul with you, you will strength each other in your weaknesses.

Inshallah Allah will strength your faith and keep the bad ideas away of you.

May Ayob
06-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Yeah, I know it won't be easy. Even today, I was tested. Bad thoughts kept coming into my head all day and I had to keep asking Allah to forgive me for them. Anyway, I'm going to bed now. Have to get up for fajr in a couple of hours.

Salaam Brother
ALhamdulilah that now you are Muslim, i hope you have now a much more of a peaceful life,
About the problem you are facing this is something very normal just keep doing the good things and stick to your faith insha Allah everything will be better.
Salaam

Who Am I?
06-12-2011, 02:21 PM
I have to admit that I am torn on whether or not to find a wife right now. I know it would help to have support from someone close to me, but you know my situation, and I cannot ask a sister to bear that burden.

I didn't quite make it up for fajr. I was too tired I guess. But I prayed as soon as I woke up and now I'm on the way to the new Muslim class at the masjid.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Riana17
06-13-2011, 08:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by brmm
Be patient inshallah, at the end the Satan/His followers will not find away to you, and they will consider you as a 100% hopeless case and leave you for ever inshallah.

This case shows one of the benefits of the marriage, because when you have another Muslim soul with you, you will strength each other in your weaknesses.

Inshallah Allah will strength your faith and keep the bad ideas away of you.
ya salam
nice advise

Who Am I?
06-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Today I have to admit that all this talk about wives has me feeling a little lonely. I keep thinking about some of the women from my past and how if things went differently, I could be with them now. Of course, that would present an extra problem now since they most likely would not be Muslim and I'd have to leave them. So I guess it is good that things turned out like they did.

Still though, I'm feeling kind of down today. Tired and lonely...

I'll make it. This too shall pass, inshallah.

Innocent Soul
06-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Bad thoughts kept coming into my head all day and I had to keep asking Allah to forgive me for them.
Sorry bro, I am a bit late but I thought this hadith might be beneficial.

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah has accepted my invocation to forgive what whispers in the hearts of my followers, unless they put it to action or utter it."(Sahih Bukhari: Book #46, Hadith #705)

It seems that you are being tested. I know it's not easy but keep in mind that maybe a time will come when you will remember this time thank god that this time passed. I just wanted to say you try to be patient cause Allah is with the patient.

Except for those who are patient and do righteous deeds; those will have forgiveness and great reward. (Hud 11:11)

Remember there are many people who love you and need you. See these videos if you have time. I hope they will somewhat beneficial to you :).

http://youtu.be/58g-ZNWxv20
http://youtu.be/UfJNLdOWcIQ

Flame of Hope
06-13-2011, 06:43 PM

Today I have to admit that all this talk about wives has me feeling a little lonely. I keep thinking about some of the women from my past and how if things went differently, I could be with them now. Of course, that would present an extra problem now since they most likely would not be Muslim and I'd have to leave them. So I guess it is good that things turned out like they did.

Heyyy!!! Is that brother Just a Guy feeling down and lonely? Awwww!!!!

Never fear! Flaminator is here! lol.

There's something you can do to boost up your spirits right at this very moment. Guess what it is??????????

Nah! I won't tell you. I'll wait until you guess. :p

Salahudeen
06-13-2011, 06:52 PM

I'll make it. This too shall pass, inshallah.
Hey bro, just forget about the past, that's what I've decided to do, what ever happened, happened for the best. You never know what Allah is guiding you to, but I think once this whole business with your parents is out the way you'll easily find a wife inshaAllah.

no need to feel lonely, go and do something you enjoy doing and brings you pleasure, for me it's playing sports, find a hobby that will bring you pleasure then you won't feel lonely I think. Get a pet also if you don't have one.

Who Am I?
06-13-2011, 07:01 PM

Heyyy!!! Is that brother Just a Guy feeling down and lonely? Awwww!!!!

Never fear! Flaminator is here! lol.

There's something you can do to boost up your spirits right at this very moment. Guess what it is??????????

Nah! I won't tell you. I'll wait until you guess. :p
Finally finish your story? :p

Who Am I?
06-13-2011, 07:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
Hey bro, just forget about the past, that's what I've decided to do, what ever happened, happened for the best. You never know what Allah is guiding you to, but I think once this whole business with your parents is out the way you'll easily find a wife inshaAllah.

no need to feel lonely, go and do something you enjoy doing and brings you pleasure, for me it's playing sports, find a hobby that will bring you pleasure then you won't feel lonely I think. Get a pet also if you don't have one.
Yeah man, you're right on that. I don't know how long it will take to deal with my parents, but I pray every day that Allah's will be done, that He will guide my thoughts and my deeds and that He will open the hearts and minds of my family so that they may see that I am a better man.

I'm going home to take a nap and when I wake up, I plan on doing some praying and reading some more books about Islam.

Flame of Hope
06-13-2011, 07:27 PM

Finally finish your story? :p
Finally finish what story? ^o)

Flame of Hope
06-13-2011, 07:37 PM

Well, I got a suggestion that could possibly lift your spirits..... of course it depends on whether you are willing to give it a try.

Ahem! So here's what I believe might help...

DREAMING!!!

Yup! Isn't it a dream come true that you are a Muslim? Alhamdulillah! You were dreaming of achieving peace within your heart. Now you got what you dreamed about.

Next, you have to dream about your future wife.... you have to believe she is out there somewhere and that you will meet her when the time is right. Allah has created her for you and you just need to be patient until He makes a way for you to meet her.

Until then..... dream about her! Hopefully this will end your feeling of loneliness. It will give you a feeling of hope and something to look forward to as well. And meanwhile, you can be preparing yourself to be the best Muslim husband to her. So when you two do get married, you will be ready for the responsibility that comes with marriage.

Remember..... marriage is half your religion. :)

Who Am I?
06-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Finally finish what story?
Your story about your husband?

Well, I got a suggestion that could possibly lift your spirits..... of course it depends on whether you are willing to give it a try. Ahem! So here's what I believe might help... DREAMING!!! Yup! Isn't it a dream come true that you are a Muslim? Alhamdulillah! You were dreaming of achieving peace within your heart. Now you got what you dreamed about. Next, you have to dream about your future wife.... you have to believe she is out there somewhere and that you will meet her when the time is right. Allah has created her for you and you just need to be patient until He makes a way for you to meet her. Until then..... dream about her! Hopefully this will end your feeling of loneliness. It will give you a feeling of hope and something to look forward to as well. And meanwhile, you can be preparing yourself to be the best Muslim husband to her. So when you two do get married, you will be ready for the responsibility that comes with marriage. Remember..... marriage is half your religion.

I know I'm not ready to be a husband yet. There is much I have yet to learn about being a good Muslim man before I can think about being a husband. But sometimes I get lonely. It's human nature after all. I'm 35 years old and most of my friends (both Muslim and not) are married now, so naturally, I want to know what it's like to have someone to love and that loves me. I don't want to rush into things, especially not now. There are too many other issues that I must deal with before I can think about taking a wife and being a good husband.

I don't know how long it will be before I can tell my parents that I am a Muslim now. It might be weeks, maybe months, maybe years. Only Allah knows, and I have to trust that He will tell me when the time is right. Right now I am more concerned with becoming a better man and improving my relationship with Allah. That has to be my first priority.

I might be down, but I'm not out yet. I think it's my lack of sleep and lack of caffeine talking more than anything. I picked a bad time to cut down on caffeine. This too shall pass, inshallah.

Jalal~
06-14-2011, 01:34 AM
running outside helps; take like 5-10 minutes to run or however long you want to, its supposed to make you feel better and allow your thoughts to run smoothly in your mind; it relieves stress as well. Prayer + Your Effort to fix a problem or Achieve a Goal = Success, right? Yes the prayers you make will definitely help you whenever Allah decides to accept them; and if he sees his slave putting more effort with the intention to please his Lord, Allah has to help him sooner or later, no? =) Just got 2 wait it out like everyone else. I hope this helps. May Allah grant us All the highest level of Paradise.

Who Am I?
06-14-2011, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by halalmeat4free
running outside helps; take like 5-10 minutes to run or however long you want to, its supposed to make you feel better and allow your thoughts to run smoothly in your mind; it relieves stress as well. Prayer + Your Effort to fix a problem or Achieve a Goal = Success, right? Yes the prayers you make will definitely help you whenever Allah decides to accept them; and if he sees his slave putting more effort with the intention to please his Lord, Allah has to help him sooner or later, no? =) Just got 2 wait it out like everyone else. I hope this helps. May Allah grant us All the highest level of Paradise.
Well, a brother at the masjid told me something very interesting the other day. Those times when it seems like Allah doesn't hear us, it's because He likes to hear our words of praise and worship. The more faith we have in the hard times, the more reward we will get in the end, inshallah.

This is not an easy time for me, but I must not lose focus. I must keep my faith. All too often in my life, I get frustrated and I give up. I must not do that here. I will not do that here.

ProudMuslimSis
06-14-2011, 03:34 AM
Brother, congratulations!!!
Enjoy the big step that you have taken. You are wise to want to take your time and sort things out. You seem like a great son and it is evident that you want to please your parents. I admire the fact that you want to present an improved version of yourself instead of just a new title to them. So, no rush.
And, in time your "Lonely" sign will changed when you find and accept the peace within, inshallah.

Flame of Hope
06-14-2011, 03:36 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by ProudMuslimSis
And, in time your "Lonely" sign will changed when you find and accept the peace within, inshallah.
lol. I've tried to change that "Lonely" sign. I even wrote Part IX of my story... with the remote hope that perhaps that sign will change.... to one of "Goofy".

No luck. :(

Riana17
06-14-2011, 10:06 AM
ROMANSIYA IS EN DE AIRR MR JUST A GUY
nyahahaha!!!

Who Am I?
06-14-2011, 02:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ProudMuslimSis
Brother, congratulations!!! Enjoy the big step that you have taken. You are wise to want to take your time and sort things out. You seem like a great son and it is evident that you want to please your parents. I admire the fact that you want to present an improved version of yourself instead of just a new title to them. So, no rush. And, in time your "Lonely" sign will changed when you find and accept the peace within, inshallah.

lol. I've tried to change that "Lonely" sign. I even wrote Part IX of my story... with the remote hope that perhaps that sign will change.... to one of "Goofy". No luck.
Well it's a new day now, and a new sign. Some prayer and a good night's sleep and I feel a lot better than I did yesterday, mashallah.

My daily prayer is that Allah will guide me and make me into the man I should be, so that I can show the world that I am a better person. Also that He will open the hearts and minds of my friends and family so that they will at least respect my decision, if not accept it.

peace_maker
06-15-2011, 02:29 PM
I know I'm so late to this. So many things are going on and I didn't even know!
Anyways, I'm glad for you. Alhamdulillah, Allah has guided you, may He also guide your family. May He give you success in this life and in the hereafter.
inshaallah, He will make everything easy for you.:amin:

Who Am I?
06-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Don't worry about it. I know what you mean about things happening. I've had a lot going on myself lately.

Thanks for your kind words, sister.

Just_A_Girl13
06-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Also that He will open the hearts and minds of my friends and family so that they will at least respect my decision
I used those exact words in my last duaa. I said, "Open the hearts and minds of my friends and family to show them that Islam is the truth." You brothers and sisters are all more eloquent than me, so I steal your words often :)

Who Am I?
06-15-2011, 02:42 PM
I used those exact words in my last duaa. I said, "Open the hearts and minds of my friends and family to show them that Islam is the truth." You brothers and sisters are all more eloquent than me, so I steal your words often :)
Well I'm not the most eloquent man around either, but that is my daily prayer, at every prayer I make, whether voluntary or mandatory. I don't know how long it will take, but one day I hope to be able to tell my family about Islam and have them at least listen to and respect my decision. It might take months, or even years, before they are ready to listen, but Allah will show me when the time is right.

Just_A_Girl13
06-15-2011, 02:52 PM
It might take months, or even years, before they are ready to listen, but Allah will show me when the time is right.
You are more patient than I am, that's for sure ;D

Who Am I?
06-15-2011, 05:15 PM
You are more patient than I am, that's for sure ;D
Well patience is one thing I am trying to work on. Allah knows that I've not been patient throughout most of my life. I guess this is as good a time any to start...

YusufNoor
06-15-2011, 05:45 PM
Well patience is one thing I am trying to work on. Allah knows that I've not been patient throughout most of my life. I guess this is as good a time any to start...

for a new Muslim, this is an awesome Hadeeth to ponder over:

On the authority of Ibn Abbas that the messenger of Allah, among the sayings he relates from his Lord is :

p "Allah has written down the good deeds and the bad ones." Then he explained it [by saying that] :" He who has intended a good deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as from ten good deeds to seven hundred times, or many times over. But if he has intended a bad deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed."

p related by Bukhari and Muslim in their two salihs
keep this in your mind.

wa Salaam

Who Am I?
06-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks, YusufNoor. I am really struggling with overcoming my old habits and my old lifestyle as I make my way down the straight path. These last couple of days have been really trying for me. Shaytan is putting doubts in my mind as to whether I'm doing the right thing, making me feel alone and like I'll never be able to accomplish what I want to do.

I still think I am on the right path, and I must not turn from that...

Flame of Hope
06-15-2011, 11:51 PM

Shaytan is putting doubts in my mind as to whether I'm doing the right thing, making me feel alone and like I'll never be able to accomplish what I want to do.
Did someone mention Shaytan? lol.

Looks like you are giving Shaytan a lot of work to do, Just a Guy. Why don't you indulge in a bit of delight and happiness that you are making him work so hard. ;D

A good thing to do would be to ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES. And keep them rolled up. This is a battle you're going to fight with Shaytan till the day of your death.

Come on, do it. Ah! You'll feel better. I think. Give it a try. Roll up your sleeves and tell Shaytan you're ready to handle anything he hurls at you..... especially trying to mislead you away from The Straight Path. :D

Flame of Hope
06-15-2011, 11:57 PM
Reminder...... remember how you defeated Shaytan when you didn't listen to him and went ahead to the masjid to say the shahada? You clobbered him good and I hope you felt satisfaction in that clobbering. lol. Now.... you have to keep clobbering him on a daily basis. Or else he will pull you down and make you feel miserable. Don't let him win, Just a Guy. You've proven that you have the strength to fight him. :statisfie

Who Am I?
06-16-2011, 02:12 AM
Yeah, I needed to hear that just now, Flame. Today was a rough day for me. Shaytan was all in my face, telling me I'm never going to figure this out, and I'm lonely, and will always be alone. Should I find a wife, what about my dogs, when do I tell my parents, etc. All of these thoughts and more kept going through my head all day.

I had to lie to my mother today, and Shaytan made me feel really guilty about that. She called to talk about Father's Day this weekend, and asked me if I was going to church. I told her I was still thinking about it and hadn't found a church yet. I couldn't very well tell her over the phone that I'm a Muslim now. I can't ruin Father's Day by telling him that his only son is a Muslim. I just can't.

I'm really struggling today, but I have to rely on my prayers to get me through. I am alone in this fight, but at least I have Allah to talk to.

Flame of Hope
06-16-2011, 03:41 AM

Hey brother Just a Guy! Try this:

Just_A_Girl13
06-16-2011, 04:15 AM
You begin to get closer to Allah when you begin to think.
You are very wise, sister. I have much to learn from all of you here at IB :)

MustafaMc
06-16-2011, 10:38 AM
Brother and Sister, the path you have chosen is not easy, but I encourage you to stay the course. When you stumble, pick yourself back up and ask Allah (swt) to forgive you. He is the oft-forgiving. Be patient with yourself and try to find Muslim friends that you can relate to. Insha'Allah, it will all work out well for you.

Who Am I?
06-16-2011, 02:52 PM
No, I'm not turning back now. This is going to be a life-changer for me, but I'm trying not to do too much at once.

I am fasting and praying to today that Allah will show me what I must do next...

Ramadhan
06-16-2011, 03:49 PM

I'm really struggling today, but I have to rely on my prayers to get me through. I am alone in this fight, but at least I have Allah to talk to.
Always remember that Allah created everything, and if you have ever watched one of those documentaries about the universe and galaxies, you would realize how absolutely insignificant we are. So, our problems and difficulties which seem so great and testing, is nothing to Allah, and so please ask Allah for help.
Also, our difficulties and trials are what in the end of the day make us become stronger and better muslim.

In times of trials and difficulties, these two surats are my favorites to recite:

QS. Adh Dhuha (QS. 93)

QS. Ash Sharh (QS. 94)

Ash Sharh means solace and ad dhuha was revealed in Makkah during earlier stage of prophethood and there was a long pause when Allah didn't send jibril to bring revelations to the prophet Muhammad SAW and prophet Muhammad SAW felt sad.

Who Am I?
06-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Yeah I've actually seen the Stephen Hawking series on the history of the universe. I don't agree with his life philosophy, but the guy knows his astronomy stuff.

It's like a brother at the masjid told me the other day. Heat and fire seperate the impurities from the pure ore. This is what I'm going through right now, getting rid of my impurities, both physical and spiritual. Trying to seperate my good from my bad.

SFatima
06-29-2011, 01:56 PM
wow mashAllah didnt figure you were a new muslim! many many COngrajulationssss indeed ! you do know that you sound like several years into islam, hehe never figured.. Dont worry about old stuff weighing you down, struggle and patience is the key. And yes you must take one thing at a time, take it slow, dont be too harsh on yourself. It takes time to get into a muslim routine but once its done its quite fun from then onwards. May Allah swt bless you bountiful and plenty. do engage in sports/ playing with kids and etc, really lightens you up.

Who Am I?
06-29-2011, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
wow mashAllah didnt figure you were a new muslim! many many COngrajulationssss indeed ! you do know that you sound like several years into islam, hehe never figured.. Dont worry about old stuff weighing you down, struggle and patience is the key. And yes you must take one thing at a time, take it slow, dont be too harsh on yourself. It takes time to get into a muslim routine but once its done its quite fun from then onwards. May Allah swt bless you bountiful and plenty. do engage in sports/ playing with kids and etc, really lightens you up.
Really? I didn't think I was that far along. But yes, I just took my shahada about 3 weeks ago. It's been a struggle to adjust and it will continue to be so, but it's something that I want to do and I need to do.

Speaking of sports, I have been thinking about starting a basketball team with some of the younger brothers at the masjid. I don't play anymore, but I want to get back into shape and maybe get into coaching.

Anyway, thanks, sis.

SFatima
07-01-2011, 08:21 PM
this is similar story too if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hsI9...layer_embedded

this and many other videos found at the" deenshow.com" a very interesting website for new muslims. One can also subscribe.

p.s " if any of you new reverts here and king of nines get interviewed at this show, you've got to let us know okkkkk! : D"

Who Am I?
07-01-2011, 09:17 PM
this is similar story too if anyone wants to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hsI9...layer_embedded

this and many other videos found at the" deenshow.com" a very interesting website for new muslims. One can also subscribe.

p.s " if any of you new reverts here and king of nines get interviewed at this show, you've got to let us know okkkkk! : D"
Sister, I doubt you will see me on TV anytime soon. But you'll be the first to know. You and Flame.

SFatima
07-02-2011, 05:30 AM
the deen show guy will get ya somehow!

:popcorn:

Who Am I?
07-02-2011, 05:35 PM
the deen show guy will get ya somehow!

:popcorn:
I think you're enjoying this a little too much, sister. :embarrass :D

SFatima
07-02-2011, 07:39 PM
ok I'll stop bugging you, was just kidding, i did not mean you to actually go there and get interviewed, promise I dont even know the person or have any links to the show and he never paid me for advertising his show, disclaimer! :nervous:

Who Am I?
07-02-2011, 08:51 PM
ok I'll stop bugging you, was just kidding, i did not mean you to actually go there and get interviewed, promise I dont even know the person or have any links to the show and he never paid me for advertising his show, disclaimer! :nervous:
Nah, you're fine. I wasn't really bothered by it. I just pretended to be to bug you. ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!