/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My story...

Who Am I?
06-09-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm not finished with it yet, but it's pretty long, so I'll have to post it in several parts. Part 1 coming up.

I was born into a Christian family and educated at Christian schools through grade 12. My parents went to church, so I went to church, because that was what we did. I never really paid much attention to it though; being a kid, I was more concerned with other things. Church was always a bit boring to me. I always found myself thinking about the latest video game or something similar.

School was the same way. We were required to take courses in the Bible and in Christian concepts, and I never really enjoyed those classes. It was a classic oversaturation syndrome. “I’ve heard all of this before. Why do I have to keep hearing the same things over and over?” I began to get bored with everything.

I knew very little of other religions. I had heard of Buddhism, Hinduism, and Islam, but knew very little about them. What little I did know came from my teachers at school and church. All I needed to know was that Christianity was the truth and everything else was a lie. That was what I had been told and that was what I believed.

Still, I was curious. I have always been an inquisitive person, and especially so in my youth. I read the Bible myself and found some things I did not understand and did not agree with. I would ask my teachers about these things and they never could or would answer. “That’s just the way it is and you need to have faith and accept it,” is what they would tell me. I grumbled and complained, but went on with my life.

My teenage years were hard, as they are for most kids. Girls didn’t like me, I wasn’t popular, and I was a skinny kid with braces and glasses. I was socially awkward (I still am to a degree) and I wasn’t helped by the fact that I had low self-esteem. Even at a Christian school, I still was made fun of and socially outcast. It also didn’t help that my best friend at the time was one of the most popular guys in the school. All the girls liked him, he was good at every sport he played, etc. Compared to him, I was nothing.

I turned to video games and poetry as my solace. I spent most of my time at home, only going to school when I had to (and sometimes not even then). I barely said three words to anyone back then, which of course just confirmed to everyone else that I was a dorky loser. I even contemplated suicide, and almost attempted it once before I chickened out and backed down. “I don’t want to die yet, but I can’t go on living anymore..”

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flame of Hope
06-09-2011, 03:44 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy
All I needed to know was that Christianity was the truth and everything else was a lie.
Super yayy!! I get to comment FIRST!

Wow! Isn't that what most religions teach? Our religion is right, all others are lies!!!! :omg:

Asiyah3
06-09-2011, 03:54 PM
May Allah reward you for sharing. I enjoyed reading your journey.

Perseveranze
06-09-2011, 04:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame

Super yayy!! I get to comment FIRST!

Wow! Isn't that what most religions teach? Our religion is right, all others are lies!!!! :omg:
Well, Islam on the contrary challenges the believer and the whole of mankind to disapprove it is right.

And they say: "None shall enter Paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian." Those are their (vain) desires. Say: "Produce your proof if ye are truthful." [Quran 2:111]

Or do they say: "He (Muhammad(P)) has forged it?" Say: "Bring then a surah (chapter) like unto it, and call upon whomsoever you can, besides Allah, if you are truthful!" [Qur'an 10:37-38]

And if you (Arab pagans, Jews, and Christians) are in doubt concerning that which We have sent down (i.e. the Qur'an) to Our slave (Muhammad Peace be upon him ), then produce a surah (chapter) of the like thereof and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides Allah, if you are truthful. [Qur'an 2:23]

Or, Who originates creation, then repeats it, and Who gives you sustenance from heaven and earth? Could there be another god besides Allah? Say, " Bring your proof, if you are truthful!" [Quran 27:64]

Will they not then, ponder over the Quran? If it were from other than Allah they would surely have found in it much discrepancies. [4:82]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Who Am I?
06-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Ok, well I just finished the whole story, but I'll wait a while for everyone to read part 1 and then continue.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-09-2011, 05:55 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Jazakallaahu Khaayr for sharing..

I ask Allaah SWT to make the hardships easy for you and strenghten you in faith and all the ummah and those who are out to seek the truth Ameen

Who Am I?
06-09-2011, 06:21 PM
I guess I can go ahead and post Part 2 now if nobody objects.

*Looks around*... Hey, I see an obje... oh, that's a mirror. Never mind.

Part 2 begins now.

I finished high school and got into college and things didn’t get a whole lot better. Being a sheltered kid from Christian school, I was totally unprepared for college life. Alcohol and drugs were new to me. My friends in high school never drank or did drugs, so it wasn’t long before I was partying nearly every weekend.

It was around this time that I became an atheist. I already mentioned that I was disillusioned with Christianity. I still went to church for a while during college, but all I saw around me were hypocrites. The same guys I partied with on Friday and Saturday night were the same guys I saw on Sunday and Wednesday. Eventually I realized that I too was a hypocrite, and that is one thing I cannot abide, so I quit going to church. It didn’t feel right sitting there praising God on Sunday when I was getting drunk and high and chasing girls every other day of the week.

“God, you don’t exist. If you did, you would not have created me, would you? I am useless; therefore, you don’t exist.” That was how I justified my atheism. I was angry at God, angry at myself, angry at everyone and everything around me. I hated myself and I took it out on the world. I even stopped going out and partying and was sitting at home getting drunk almost every day. My “friends” eventually quit calling me, and I was all alone in a world of anger and self-hatred.

I considered joining the army when I was in college and started taking military history classes. I figured that was the perfect place for me to take out some of my anger; shooting people and blowing stuff up. I was 22 years old, angry, and ready to destroy the world. My parents surprisingly thought this was a good idea. They figured I would get some discipline and structure in my life. They didn’t really know about my anger issues (and even today they still don’t know just how deep those were).

Now I must mention my attitude at the time towards Islam. By this time I knew a bit more about it because I had studied it some in college. I am a huge history nerd, so through taking history classes, I learned a bit more about Islam. What I learned I did not like. “Oh, those are the guys that strap bombs to themselves and kill infidels in the name of Allah. They eat crappy food (what do you mean they don’t eat bacon?), live in crappy desert countries, hate dogs, can’t drink alcohol, and make their women cover themselves out of jealousy. No wonder they blow themselves up.”

That was my general attitude towards Islam. I would have gladly killed innocents had I been in the army at the time and thought nothing about it. Mashallah, I failed the mental and physical test and was rejected for admission into the army. This made me more angry at the time, but now I see it as a blessing from Allah. He knew I would not have made it very long in that environment. This was in 1999, so had I gone into the army, I would have ended up in Iraq or Afghanistan after 9/11/01 happened, and it’s very likely that I would not have made it back to be telling you this story.

Anyway, 09/11 happened and of course Islam became very much at the front of all news stories. I have already told you my attitude at the time, so I was all for the “War on Terror”. I wanted nukes dropped on Iraq and Afghanistan and be done with it. My father is a Vietnam veteran, so we talked many times about how this was going to be my generation’s Vietnam. Again, mashallah that I was not over there in the middle of it. I thank Allah that I was not admitted into the army.

sister herb
06-09-2011, 08:10 PM
I thank Allah that I was not admitted into the army.
You see why we say so often like: "they can make they plans but Allah is the biggest planner". :)

Flame of Hope
06-09-2011, 08:14 PM

It was around this time that I became an atheist. I already mentioned that I was disillusioned with Christianity. I still went to church for a while during college, but all I saw around me were hypocrites. The same guys I partied with on Friday and Saturday night were the same guys I saw on Sunday and Wednesday. Eventually I realized that I too was a hypocrite, and that is one thing I cannot abide, so I quit going to church. It didn’t feel right sitting there praising God on Sunday when I was getting drunk and high and chasing girls every other day of the week.
Yayyy! Whoops! I'm second to get to comment this time. Oh well. Nevermind.

Well, the above...... it shows that you had a conscience. It pricked you. A good sign. Hypocrisy was detestable to you. Alhamdulillah! :)

Who Am I?
06-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Ok, well, I guess it's time for part 3 then. Here we go...

By this time in my life, I was back to believing in a God, but I didn’t really know who or what He was. My studies of astronomy and biology led me back to belief in a God, because there is simply too much order in the universe for it to be just a divine accident. So I knew that there was a God but I didn’t know much else.

Let me fast forward a few years to my early 30’s, when I finally moved out of my parents’ house and bought my own place. I was depressed for weeks when I turned 30. “Why am I still single and living in my parent’s basement? What has my life come to? All this for nothing?” I felt really sorry for myself again for a while and drank heavily. Finally near the end of my thirtieth year, I decided that the time was right to move out of my parents’ house. It was time to be my own man and choose my own path in life.

I still didn’t know what that path was though. I had my own house now and felt more independent, but other than that, my life didn’t really change. I still drank nearly every weekend and I still grew angry when I was drunk and questioned God once again. “Ok God, I have a house now, and a job, and a car, so why am I still single at 30whatever? There are guys worse than me with girlfriends and wives and I’m sitting here all alone. That’s not fair.”

As you can see, I put a good deal of emphasis on finding a relationship and being with a woman. I had had a few flings here and there, but no real relationship, and it made me feel like I was a loser because of it. I blame part of this on society and part of it on me giving in to my human desires. I was putting my heart in the wrong place, but I didn’t realize it at the time.

Who Am I?
06-09-2011, 08:31 PM
I didn't realize that Part 3 was that short, so I'll go ahead and post the last part.

Fast forward to February 2011, during the Egyptian Revolution and the overthrow of Mubarak. Once again, an Islamic country became a big front page story, and it made me take a closer look at the religion itself. I wanted to know why Muslims believe what they believe, and why I believed what I believed. I thought I knew what Islam was, but I wanted to make sure. So I went to a local masjid and got a copy of the Qu’ran.

The more I read it, the more surprised I was that it makes sense. Being an intellectual, this was huge for me since I didn’t have to blindly follow something I didn’t really believe, and I really began to study Islam as much as I could. I started taking some Arabic classes and studying online, and the more I learned, the more I wanted to learn.

Of course, my friends and family could not understand this new fascination with Islam. “Why do you want to study that stuff for? That’s the Devil’s religion. Stick to the Bible.” I tried to tell them otherwise but they wouldn’t listen, so I quit trying to convince them and just kept on studying. Eventually the new fascination faded and I put the Qu’ran down and quit studying Islam and Arabic for a couple of months. I began making excuses not to do it. “I’m not going to Arabic class today. I’m too tired/hungover. I’ll never learn it anyway so why waste my time?”

Anyway, not long ago, there were some bad storms in the state I live in, and a lot of people were killed. A good friend of mine’s mother lost her house to one of the tornadoes from these storms and she was injured. She is OK now but she lost almost everything in that storm. That really made me sit up and realize that we don’t have all the time we think we do. Tomorrow is not guaranteed, and I realized then that I didn’t know where I was going. If that had been me that was killed in one of those storms, I would likely be in Hell right now.

So I went back to the Bible, and started going back to church. I read the Qu’ran here and there, but I never really paid it much attention at first. All I knew was that I was not happy with the man I had become, and I needed to make some big changes in my life. I didn’t know how I was going to do that, but I prayed that God would show me the way.

All the while I was going back to various churches, something in the back of my mind was telling me to take another look at Islam. I met some good people at church, but I wasn’t really feeling the message nor did I feel any closer to God. I remember something my mother told me when I told her I was going back to church. She had told me to keep my heart and mind open and let God lead me where He would. Now I’m pretty sure she didn’t mean Islam, but I remembered her advice and started reading the Qu’ran again.

Once again, the more I read, the more I wanted to learn about Islam. A few weeks went by where I was studying Islam and going to church, but even while I was at church, my mind kept coming back to Islam and the oneness of Allah. That one thing made more sense than anything else. The Trinity in Christianity has always bothered me. Even when I was a practicing Christian it never made any sense to me, but I accepted it because I didn’t know any better.

The divinity of Jesus always bothered me too. I believed that He was the Son of God but only because that’s what I was taught in school and church. “If Jesus (pbuh) is the Son of God, why is He praying to Himself? Can’t He just get off the cross and be done with it?”

Islam is a simple religion, and there is a beauty in that simplicity that I can’t really describe. The only thing I knew was that it felt like I was being led that way, and I felt at peace with that decision. In spite of everything I had ever known up to that point I still found myself drawn to Islam and felt closer to God (I wasn’t calling Him Allah just yet). That frightened me, so I prayed about it. “God, if this is the true path, show me. Let me be at peace with this if it really is the way.”

The more I prayed, the more I felt led to Islam, so I quit attending Christian churches. It didn’t feel right to me to be going to a place and pretending to believe something that I didn’t. I kept praying, kept studying, and kept reading the Qu’ran. Eventually I got the courage to visit the local masjid to have some lingering doubts addressed and some questions answered. That story you already know.

The biggest issue I have now that I have taken shahada is going to be my family. They will not understand why I have done this and why I feel it is right for me. I have decided not to tell them, but rather to show them that I am becoming a better person so that they may see what good Islam can do. I pray every prayer that Allah will guide my family, open their hearts and their eyes, and allow them to respect my decision if they won’t accept it. I also pray that He will allow me to become a good witness for Him and for Islam through my words and deeds.

I know it won’t be easy, but I finally feel more at peace now than I ever have in my life, mashallah.
So there it is. My journey from Christianity, to atheism, back to Christianity, and finally to Islam.

Now you know my full story, more or less...

Flame of Hope
06-09-2011, 08:46 PM

My studies of astronomy and biology led me back to belief in a God, because there is simply too much order in the universe for it to be just a divine accident.
Hmmm.... so you got two points there that led you towards Islam:

1. Hatred for hypocrisy. (And what's the opposite of hypocrisy? It's sincerity.... alhamdulillah!)

2. Recognizing that a Creator had to exist because of the order you observed in the universe. (This shows you used your power of reason....)

Therefore according to my mathematical calculation:

Sincerity + Use of reason = Allah guiding you to Islam. :D

sister herb
06-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Salam alaykum;

thanks for sharing your story.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Thank you for sharing your story with everyone..It was amazing

but rather to show them that I am becoming a better person so that they may see what good Islam can do.
I agree..by showing them is a great way, and keep them in your sincere prayers..

Perseveranze
06-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Beautiful and inspiring story, Jazakhallahkair for Sharing that with us.

Muhammad
06-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Jazakallaahu khayran for sharing your story. Was an interesting read. :)

wellspring
06-09-2011, 11:37 PM
SubhanAllah, inspiring.

MustafaMc
06-10-2011, 02:09 AM
I enjoyed reading your story.

Who Am I?
06-10-2011, 04:24 AM
Ah come on, it wasn't THAT good. ;D

But I appreciate the comments, everyone.

brmm
06-10-2011, 01:46 PM
Ah come on, it wasn't THAT good. ;D

But I appreciate the comments, everyone.
Assalam Alaikom Brother,
You know, I missed you in the other threads, so I decided to search for you and I found this thread.

Soooooo ... Alhamdolillah you are a Muslim now ?

my gift for you, is a link to download a whole translation for the meanings of the Holy Quran. This translation is one of the best in my opinion for many reasons. The man who did the translation is Dr. Muhammad Mahmud Ghali who spent around 15 years to finish it. I have tried to get it for my wife but unfortunately, it is unavailable.
You can download it from the link below in PDF format:
4shared.com/document/t0OLrVzR/*Quran_Translation_by_Dr_Ghali.*html

My advise for you now is to search for a Muslim wife and your life will be happy inshallah and stable. I guess on line you can find one in your country and match with here.
I will only suggest 2 sites for u "I did not use them before"
1. www.zawaj.com :nervous:
2. www.qiran.com :embarrass
but I am not paying for your membership :hmm:

Inshallah your next life will be much better.

BRMM

Who Am I?
06-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the links, brother.

But, I'm not sure I will ever get married, at least not for a while. I cannot ask a sister to share the burden of dealing with my family. It would not be fair to her. This is my burden to bear, for as long as Allah wills that I bear it.

Once I have dealt with that, then maybe I can look for a Muslim wife. But right now... no. This path I must walk alone.

sister herb
06-10-2011, 03:37 PM

But, I'm not sure I will ever get married, at least not for a while. I cannot ask a sister to share the burden of dealing with my family. It would not be fair to her. This is my burden to bear, for as long as Allah wills that I bear it.

Once I have dealt with that, then maybe I can look for a Muslim wife. But right now... no. This path I must walk alone.
Salam alaykum new brother;

may Allah shows you suitable wife when time is right. ;)

brmm
06-10-2011, 07:32 PM

Assalam Alaikom brother,
I will just say my opinion, inshallah it will be a good one.
I think you should tell your family directly and make it very normal. The more you wait, the more you will suffer. I don't think your family will kill you as the disbelievers of Mecca did with the first Muslims :raging:, be away after that if they made problems with you but keep cool and not angry. Start with the most understanding one, maybe a brother or a sister.
You need to go forward with your life so you can't live with this as a never ending problem.
Inshallah every thing will be good.

BRMM

Haya emaan
06-10-2011, 07:51 PM
JAZAKALLAH for sharing your story.. may Allah give you strength and ease in your life

Amanda
06-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Wonderful story... and I totally relate to how you felt when you realized that you didn't need blind faith to believe in the message of Islam and the oneness of Allah. It's something that was a major revelation for me too. :)

Jalal~
06-11-2011, 01:25 AM
great story, i had a wonderful time reading it!
“God, if this is the true path, show me. Let me be at peace with this if it really is the way.”
thats cool, a guy named Yusuf Estes asked a similar question to God before he converted as well :) btw, he is a well-known Muslim who gives a lot of Islamic Lectures on various topics, so you should go take a look at him on Youtube, or just google his name.

but rather to show them that I am becoming a better person so that they may see what good Islam can do.
nice plan, so your going to show your parents that you have changed, and they will be happy with the new "you" and they will be wondering how you did it and all, and then you just bring up Islam, and you can use all the praise that they have given you as proof that they basically accept Islam. I like it dude, and May Allah give us all the Highest Level of Paradise.

Mr.President
06-11-2011, 03:15 AM
wow gr8 story !!! masha allah !!

TrueStranger
06-11-2011, 04:01 AM
Masha'Allah absolutely beautiful. I did not come across a single revert story that did not make me cry or made me feel like crying.

Jaza"Allahu Khair brother, and remember you will be tested, and that is the time to remain patient. Whatever happens remember, remember brother, stick with salat and belief in the existence and Oneness of Allah (God). One thing to remember about tests and troubles is that they have an expire date, and in even if you abandon salat (God forbid) in those tough time, make sure to supplicate (Dua) to God. In all circumstances accept Allah as your Creator and Lord, and that will boost your faith and Insha"Allah change your life. :D

Salaam Aliakum brother in Islam and humanity.

Who Am I?
06-11-2011, 04:14 AM
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I haven't yet decided when to tell my family or friends about my conversion, but Allah will show me when the time is right.

The one thing that really has impressed me about Islam is the simplicity of it. That simplicity is really its beauty as well. It is a simple religion but hard to master. There is a lot that I still don't know, but I will get there, inshallah.

A small update: I gave a short version of my story to the brothers at the local masjid tonight. I will probably do the long version later on at some point.

I wasn't really nervous standing in front of people like I normally do. That was a first for me. I was really at peace with that, mashallah.

Riana17
06-11-2011, 05:59 AM
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I haven't yet decided when to tell my family or friends about my conversion, but Allah will show me when the time is right.

The one thing that really has impressed me about Islam is the simplicity of it. That simplicity is really its beauty as well. It is a simple religion but hard to master. There is a lot that I still don't know, but I will get there, inshallah.

A small update: I gave a short version of my story to the brothers at the local masjid tonight. I will probably do the long version later on at some point.

I wasn't really nervous standing in front of people like I normally do. That was a first for me. I was really at peace with that, mashallah.
Salam Brother

i almost cried in your story, but my tears didnt fall down coz you hesitate in detailing them :D
Pls Dont forget to mention that you are inspired by Ms Flame in story telling :)

yes, you are indeed correct. The simplicity like intention is what makes our deen differs from the rest of the religion.

By the way I am not a regular visitor anymore coz im going to school for learning Arabic language, and guess what? for almost a week of studying day & night, I only recited 70% of the alphabet? ISNT THAT WISEEE!!! My husband thought so
HAHA

Zafran
06-12-2011, 03:11 AM
Salaam

nice story

peace

Who Am I?
06-12-2011, 06:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
Salam Brother

i almost cried in your story, but my tears didnt fall down coz you hesitate in detailing them :D
Pls Dont forget to mention that you are inspired by Ms Flame in story telling :)

yes, you are indeed correct. The simplicity like intention is what makes our deen differs from the rest of the religion.

By the way I am not a regular visitor anymore coz im going to school for learning Arabic language, and guess what? for almost a week of studying day & night, I only recited 70% of the alphabet? ISNT THAT WISEEE!!! My husband thought so
HAHA

Well I don't want to make anyone cry, so don't do it. :p

You know more Arabic than I do. I only know a few words and phrases and still can't read a word of it. I am currently learning Surah Al-Fatiha for my prayers.

Riana17
06-12-2011, 06:38 AM
Well I don't want to make anyone cry, so don't do it. :p

You know more Arabic than I do. I only know a few words and phrases and still can't read a word of it. I am currently learning Surah Al-Fatiha for my prayers.
Salam brother
I would highly suggest you to download Mr Al Sudais MP3, it's easier to understand
You can upload in your mobile and then have a print on your hand and keep on listening to it, inshallah our Creator will make it easier for you,
pls google

Abdul Rahman Al Sudais - عبد الرحمن السديس

brmm
06-12-2011, 01:09 PM
Assalam Alaikom,

For the one who wish to learn Arabic, the links below will be useful inshallah:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_alphabet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR125759W_o

The below one is 7 parts or more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFIJO...eature=related

================================================

Brother Just a guy: I just wish to introduce for you 2 of the famous religious psalms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SONaejN-UHk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIBs-xf01Zw

Allah Sobhanaho said about the good Muslim believers:

Q32:16 "Their limbs do forsake their beds of sleep, the while they call on their Lord, in Fear and Hope: and they spend (in charity) out of the sustenance which We have bestowed on them"

Some true Muslim have said: I am not worshiping Allah to enter His Jannah (Paradise) or to save myself from His Fire , but I am worshiping Him because of my love to Him.
And this is where Allah gives His big rewards.

Finlay, a very beautiful recitation from the Quran which makes me cry always, alhamdolillah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFq9c...eature=related

BRMM

MSalman
06-12-2011, 01:46 PM
as-salaamu alaykum

masha'Allah, very nice and touching story :). Again, welcome back to Islam brother

I have decided not to tell them, but rather to show them that I am becoming a better person so that they may see what good Islam can do.
masha'Allah, you're thinking very well. This is exactly what we Muslims supposed to do. We need to lead the others by examples, showing them why Islam is the way, and then be witness against them if they reject it.

@ others

a quick advice, I know that we all get excited and everything when a new person comes back to Islam but let's not overwhelm new Muslims with information, links etc etc. Let them settle in and learn about Islam at their own pace. Every Muslim must be dealt according to his level of iman and knowledge. May Allah Ta'ala accept our good deeds and good intentions, ameen.

Who Am I?
06-12-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm leaving for the masjid in a few minutes to attend a new Muslims class, but I'm marking the thread here so I can check those links later.

Thanks for the welcome, brothers.

Souljette
06-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Asalamualaykum,
Subhanallah! Jazakallah khair for sharing

Danah
06-21-2011, 09:25 PM

Welcome back to Islam, and Congratulations brother.
Amazing story, mashaAllah we are seeing a lot of reverts this month writing their stories. May Allah keep you steadfast in the right path.

Can I post your story in my site, I have a section for reverts' stories here

Who Am I?
06-21-2011, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah

Welcome back to Islam, and Congratulations brother.
Amazing story, mashaAllah we are seeing a lot of reverts this month writing their stories. May Allah keep you steadfast in the right path.

Can I post your story in my site, I have a section for reverts' stories here
I just joined your site today, actually. Yes, go ahead and post it there if you want.

Danah
06-21-2011, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
I just joined your site today, actually. Yes, go ahead and post it there if you want.
Thats good to hear, so it was you the newest subscriber mashaAllah! Welcome to my site and jazakAllah khair for joining, I hope you will get benefit of what you will read there.

JazakAllah khair for the permission, Do you have any title in mind for your story? It will be better to have one.

Who Am I?
06-21-2011, 09:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah

Thats good to hear, so it was you the newest subscriber mashaAllah! Welcome to my site and jazakAllah khair for joining, I hope you will get benefit of what you will read there.

JazakAllah khair for the permission, Do you have any title in mind for your story? It will be better to have one.
I hadn't really thought of a title.

I suppose you can call it "Breaking the Cycle" because that's essentially what I did when I took shahada.

SFatima
07-09-2011, 11:48 AM
"king of Nines" She had told me to keep my heart and mind open and let God lead me where He would
you actually listened to your mother and she will know it once you tell her that you did exactly as she said.

May you be in Allah swt's protection forever and may he preserve your faith till Jannah, ameen.

Who Am I?
07-09-2011, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
you actually listened to your mother and she will know it once you tell her that you did exactly as she said.

May you be in Allah swt's protection forever and may he preserve your faith till Jannah, ameen.
I'm not sure this is exactly what she meant, but yes, I followed her advice.

Thanks for reading, sister.

Abz2000
08-07-2011, 02:10 AM
wow, just amazing, so simple, yet blunt, i loved that story, i didn't know you just accepted the message this year, would've gone more easy on you!!! :D

still - i know i'm a latecomer - can i post it on mine aswell? - abz2000 dot com / quran dot aspx

peace

Who Am I?
08-07-2011, 03:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abz2000
wow, just amazing, so simple, yet blunt, i loved that story, i didn't know you just accepted the message this year, would've gone more easy on you!!! :D

still - i know i'm a latecomer - can i post it on mine aswell? - abz2000 dot com / quran dot aspx

peace

Don't worry about it, brother. I didn't take any offense at anything you said.

I'm surprised that my story is still being read, actually.

Feel free to post it on your site.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!