/* */

PDA

View Full Version : disabled and prayer

Aamanee
06-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Hi i wish to pray but am disabled and i dont know how to pray if i cant bend down and get up from the floor
i can only find videos of prayers with able bodied people praying not disabled people praying
can some one help me please

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
missy
06-12-2011, 08:16 PM
:sl: sister,

There's one hadith that i came across regarding this matter...

Imram bin Husain said, "I had some physical problem, so I asked the Prophet (pbuh) about the prayer, and he said, 'Pray standing, and if you are not able to do so then pray sitting, if you are still not able to pray then make it (while lying) on your side.'" (Sahih Al-Bukahari)

I don't know the exact reference tho....but i'll try to find it out InshaAllah.

I believe there might be detailed explanations in this regard in Fiqh....ummm...I've also heard that one should offer those parts of the Salah which he's able to, in the proper manner and those which a person finds difficult...he can do it in a way he finds comfortable and which is near to the correct method..
and Allah SWT knows Best!

May Allah SWT Ease all your difficulties and make it easy for you to offer your Salah. Ameen.

Futuwwa
06-12-2011, 08:18 PM
The Quran says (2:286) that Allah does not place a greater burden on anyone than they can bear. Do the closest thing you can do with good conscience, and remember that we are judged and rewarded according to efforts, not results.

May Ayob
06-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Salaam Alaikum Sister
Welcome to IslamicBoard.
May i say that You are a hero in my eyes , the fact that you are disabled makes you a million times better than us , and the other fact that you have this yearning to please Allah is even more impressive.
Know that you have a bigger reward than we do :) so this is something to be envious of , eh?
Any way , just as the sister replied God does not give a soul something which is over it's capacity you have something called a Rukhsa which is like a license and Deeds are by their intentions so in your case you will probably have double the reward insh'Allah :)
I hope this helps.
God only afflicts those whom He loves :)
I hope you are always in good health and good Eman.
Salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
06-12-2011, 08:43 PM
There is a way to pray with your eyes but you'd have to ask an imam cos I'm not sure how or when you're allowed to do it.

Reflections
06-13-2011, 12:29 AM
AsSalaamu 3alaykum

If it's possible to sit down and pray then try do that inshaAllah..when it comes to doing rukoo3 jerk a little forward, and when doing sujood jerk a little further...As for praying with the eyes it is permissible if you have no other means of praying salah by sitting etc..Wallahu a3alam

Ramadhan
06-13-2011, 05:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aamanee
Hi i wish to pray but am disabled and i dont know how to pray if i cant bend down and get up from the floor i can only find videos of prayers with able bodied people praying not disabled people praying can some one help me please
Offer your shalah as much as you possibly can. Rasullulah SAW said that even for a sick person who cannot get up from bed can offer their shalah while lying down, and just use their hand and eyes movement.
I have many times offered my shalah while on vehicles, in a car, on a plane, so all I can do is sitting in my seat, and just made movements with my head, my upper body, and my hands.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!