/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i hope we can have the writing contest soon.

Muhaba
06-15-2011, 01:25 PM
i hope we can have the writing contest soon. what does everyone else think?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
07-04-2011, 07:39 AM
i hope so too! laughing my head off

piXie
07-04-2011, 04:05 PM
are you talking to yourself ? :p

Ramadhan
07-05-2011, 12:40 PM
I love reading, so yes a new writing competitions would be good :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SFatima
07-05-2011, 01:17 PM
but i already know who's gunna win!;D

Ali Mujahidin
07-05-2011, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
but i already know who's gunna win!

:sl:

If the contest have a category for best written rubbish, I will stand a chance.

Ramadhan
07-05-2011, 02:54 PM
I can't remember, but who was it that used to organize previous competitions? br. Muezzin?

SFatima
07-05-2011, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ThisOldMan

If the contest have a category for best written rubbish, I will stand a chance.
ohh I be facing some serious competition then ! : )

Ali Mujahidin
07-05-2011, 04:47 PM
ohh I be facing some serious competition then ! : )

No way! ThisOldMan learned the archaic art of concocting utter rubber out of unbelievably simple ideas from the Great Rubbish Riter himself. Just so you know what you are going to face, let me give show you a sample of the Great Master's masterphish:

Chairman Mao had a secret weapon to deal with India. He would order all the Chinese males to line up ten abreast and march up the Himalayas right up to the Indian border. Then they would unleash their Water Weapon on the unsuspecting Indians. Preliminary estimates show that the resulting yellow deluge would inundate all Indian land less than 100 feet above sea level... to be continued.

See what I mean? Now you can go change your pampers.

Who Am I?
07-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Hey now, I'll have everyone here know that I am a champion writer of complete and total crap, and I have many incomplete stories and lousy poems to prove it.

SFatima
07-05-2011, 06:18 PM

...Chairman Mao had a secret weapon to deal with India. He would order all the Chinese males to line up ten abreast and march up the Himalayas right up to the Indian border. Then they would unleash their Water Weapon on the unsuspecting Indians. Preliminary estimates show that the resulting yellow deluge would inundate all Indian land less than 100 feet above sea level... to be continued.

See what I mean? Now you can go change your pampers.
:phew sure looks unbeatable!

format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
Hey now, I'll have everyone here know that I am a champion writer of complete and total crap, and I have many incomplete stories and lousy poems to prove it.
not bad. tough competition as i said : )

Ali Mujahidin
07-06-2011, 06:57 AM
sure looks unbeatable!

lol You haven't seen anything yet, my dear sister. Try this for size:

Sensible question: What's the solution to the global food shortage problem?

Nonsensical answer: Let's work towards producing 3-foot men!

That is 3-foot in height not 3-foot in length. Why? Simple logic. Shorter human beings consume less resources - less food needed, less accommodation needed, less of everything needed. Time was when might is right and 6-foot men ruled the world. Today? Really, do you have to be 6-foot tall to push the button that launches a nuclear missile?

Think about that.

Riana17
07-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Salam this is good idea, and May i Proposed a SUBJECT, Covering the BEST DAWAH, i guess should limit to 2pages...

SFatima
07-06-2011, 11:46 AM

Sensible question: What's the solution to the global food shortage problem?

Nonsensical answer: Let's work towards producing 3-foot men!

That is 3-foot in height not 3-foot in length. Why?

Think about that.
And your article would consist of suggestions on how to produce 3 foot men?

Good effort! but umm, a far more functional idea is to wipe the burdening population of earth, which is already happening and affecting the muslim side of the world for most. Engage in a fake war on terror, employ biological weapons, kaboom, the next generation is bound to be crippled with abnormalities, and will eliminate on its own, while some people will still be busy investing the 3 foot men idea, ahaha and they are going to loose! :D

Ali Mujahidin
07-06-2011, 02:55 PM
And your article would consist of suggestions on how to produce 3 foot men?

First, we have to set up a committee to study the matter. Then the committee will appoint a panel to do a feasibility study. After that the findings of the panel will be passed to another committee to study it. Then this committee will appoint a panel to ... Isn't that how great civilizations go about getting things done?

Re: The Ongoing War Between Muslims and Others

Here's a perfectly ridiculous idea. Muslims should covertly encourage the Others to live their lifestyles to the extreme. Between drugs and Aids, the Others will soon wipe themselves off the face of the earth. Q.E.D. In the meantime, Muslims should carry out whole-heartedly and earnestly Allah's command to "go forth and multiply".

Who Am I?
07-06-2011, 03:42 PM
I approve of the 3-foot man idea. Before I became a Muslim, I used to go barhopping with a midget, and his bar tab was always cheap. The bad side of course was that he was a sloppy drunk after 2 beers.

But everyone will win. Alcoholics won't spend as much money on booze, and everyone else will have more food.

Ali Mujahidin
07-06-2011, 04:02 PM
The bad side of course was that he was a sloppy drunk after 2 beers.

That's probably because the midget was drinking from a beer glass meant for a 6-foot man. Give him his beer in a glass designed for a midget and he would have downed his beer in double digits.

Who Am I?
07-06-2011, 04:08 PM

That's probably because the midget was drinking from a beer glass meant for a 6-foot man. Give him his beer in a glass designed for a midget and he would have downed his beer in double digits.
Even better. You don't have to carry the sloppy drunk midget out to the car and the tab is still cheap. Midget beers are not that expensive.

SFatima
07-06-2011, 04:39 PM
ok i have no idea whats going on here, don't understand a thing about beers/alcohols , except their "benefits". :hmm:

Muezzin
07-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Yeah, um, a writing contest wouldn't really require drunk midgets or whatever.

I'd love to enter if we have another one.

My suggestion:

Stories can be on any subject, no more than 5,000 words.

How does everybody else feel?

Asiyah3
07-06-2011, 05:51 PM
.......edit........... actually I agree with the above too.

Beardo
07-06-2011, 06:06 PM
I could use some creative material to read. If someone can organize it, I'm sure the staff would be OK with giving reputation points as prizes.

Who Am I?
07-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Hmm... well I suppose I could resurrect my defunct project for this.

The drunk midget thing was me trying to be funny. I guess it didn't work. Sorry.

Ramadhan
07-07-2011, 01:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Stories can be on any subject, no more than 5,000 words.

I agree with this.

Ali Mujahidin
07-07-2011, 10:49 AM

Any chance of a category for Most Ridiculous Story?

SFatima
07-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Walaikumus salam,

eh eh eh ( evil lauff) guess who'se winning! :D

Ramadhan
07-07-2011, 03:32 PM

eh eh eh ( evil lauff) guess who'se winning!
sister, I've heard scarier evil laughs

SFatima
07-07-2011, 07:18 PM
was saving the best lauff for the last : )

Flame of Hope
07-07-2011, 09:30 PM

A writing contest? Nice idea.

How about a category for this one: Writing That Keeps People On The Edge of Their Seats. (And they even fall off...)

lol.

Who Am I?
07-08-2011, 01:19 AM
What about people who sit on the floor?

Flame of Hope
07-08-2011, 01:57 AM

You mean the forgetful people? Hmmmm.....

Ali Mujahidin
07-08-2011, 01:59 AM

For them there should be a category called Stories That Won't Be Read Even By People Sitting On The Floor With Nothing Better To Do.

Yanal
07-08-2011, 03:02 AM

Interesting,could work if people partake in it.

Who Am I?
07-08-2011, 02:39 PM

For them there should be a category called Stories That Won't Be Read Even By People Sitting On The Floor With Nothing Better To Do.
:wa:

Dude, I am going to own that category.

Point take, sister Flame.

Muhaba
07-09-2011, 09:57 AM
great! i can't wait for the contest to start. its always so much fun. i hope we have some of the good writers enter. i know there are a lot of creative people here but they are hiding most of the time and don't participate in contests. by the way don't expect the same writers to alwyas win. its statistically impossible to always produce a winner. i just enter for the fun of it and to practice my creatiivity which is sparked by contests.

one tip for writing: for every 1000 words worth reading, you have to write thousands of words of rubbish so rubbish writing is part of the process.

Ali Mujahidin
07-09-2011, 10:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
one tip for writing: for every 1000 words worth reading, you have to write thousands of words of rubbish so rubbish writing is part of the process.

The trick to writing high quality rubbish is to throw out everything that is sensible and yet make the remaining garbage make sense.

SFatima
07-09-2011, 12:00 PM
people seem inspired by ex president bush so much : )

Ali Mujahidin
07-09-2011, 01:55 PM
people seem inspired by ex president bush so much : )

You don't mean people like me, do you?

Who Am I?
07-09-2011, 04:50 PM

There's an analogy that my old history teacher used to use about writing essays. I don't think it's appropriate for this forum though.

But as an amateur historian, knowing when and how to BS is an important skill. It's also useful in your everyday life.

SFatima
07-09-2011, 07:18 PM

You don't mean people like me, do you?
HEHE

There's an analogy that my old history teacher used to use about writing essays. I don't think it's appropriate for this forum though.

But as an amateur historian, knowing when and how to BS is an important skill. It's also useful in your everyday life.
Then i guess I'm missing in a few skills I might need to learn if i ever have to deal with.....umm... people who use the same skills? :)

Who Am I?
07-09-2011, 08:55 PM
HEHE

Then i guess I'm missing in a few skills I might need to learn if i ever have to deal with.....umm... people who use the same skills? :)
Just send them to me and I'll sort them out. You can't BS a champion BS'er. I tell kids that all the time. They can't fool me. I've been doing this for years.

Muezzin
07-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Can we stick to the topic, please? :)

Yanal
07-09-2011, 11:56 PM

Do we have any volunteers in running the contest?

I'll create a thread so we can get an approximate amount of brothers and sisters that are willing to partake in this,insha'Allaah.

Ali Mujahidin
07-10-2011, 12:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
Do we have any volunteers in running the contest?

If I volunteer to help run the contest, then it means I cannot take part in the contest as a contestant, right?

Yanal
07-10-2011, 02:39 AM

If I volunteer to help run the contest, then it means I cannot take part in the contest as a contestant, right?
Walakum asalam,

I see no reason why you couldn't,because voting is done on a thread where there is a poll,no reason why you can't help and partake(atleast none I can think of...)

Who Am I?
07-10-2011, 02:40 AM
So what is going to be the topic that we will have to write on?

Ali Mujahidin
07-10-2011, 02:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
I see no reason why you couldn't,because voting is done on a thread where there is a poll,no reason why you can't help and partake(atleast none I can think of...)

In that case, count me in as both a volunteer and contestant. So where do I sign my last will and testament, in case I don't survive the contest? I imagine the fighting for the top honors will be fast and furious!

SFatima
07-10-2011, 12:19 PM
But what will be the prize ? :D : D

(im always interested in prizes :D)

Ramadhan
07-10-2011, 05:19 PM
But what will be the prize ? : D (im always interested in prizes )
Prizes will be rep points, as promised by the big boss:

format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
I could use some creative material to read. If someone can organize it, I'm sure the staff would be OK with giving reputation points as prizes.

Yanal
07-10-2011, 05:28 PM

In that case, count me in as both a volunteer and contestant. So where do I sign my last will and testament, in case I don't survive the contest? I imagine the fighting for the top honors will be fast and furious!
Walakum asalam,

JazakAllaah khayr.

I'll be faxing the contract and disclaimer to you,insha'Allaah:D.

Muhaba
07-17-2011, 01:06 PM
add free critiques for all the contestants to the prizes. Insha-Allah i'll be giving them this year.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!