/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about women and heaven

remmy5
06-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Before I ask this question, I would like to say that I am asking a question to which I would genuinly like a definitive answer. I actually have two questions, the first being What do Islamic women get when they go to heaven? The next question is for the ladies. Though the answers I have recived to the first question have varied, I have seen more than once that women don't really get anything when they get to heaven (or that it is perhaps not as much as the men get?) If this is true, what keeps you, as a woman, in the Islamic religion? What motivates you to stay?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Futuwwa
06-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Where have you got the idea that women don't really get anything? The Quran specifically says that all who are admitted to heaven are rewarded in equal measure according to their deeds.

ayesha.ansari
06-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Answer for both question is women and men entering heaven are those lucky ones who spend sinless life in this temporary world, or their good deeds are much much greater then their sin. Women got equal things in heaven like men, because ALLAH is the one creator that is blessing every thing and Quran and Islamic saying say that women and men are equal they have equal rights.

Riana17
06-29-2011, 08:28 AM
salam
I mean ofcourse inshallah if we will go to heaven, that's more than enough and it is not necessary what level but yes my follow up question to remmy5 is that men will get more than 1wife or something
sorry its not clear to me

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tyrion
06-29-2011, 08:35 AM
In paradise, men and women get whatever they want...

For Muslim men and women,- for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in Charity, for men and women who fast (and deny themselves), for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah's praise,- for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward. (33:35)

To them will be passed round, dishes and goblets of gold: there will be there all that the souls could desire all that the eyes could delight in: and ye shall abide therein (for aye). (43:71)

Alpha Dude
06-29-2011, 10:21 AM
If this is true, what keeps you, as a woman, in the Islamic religion? What motivates you to stay?
This question is like asking: 'Your parents aren't giving you any sweets tonight, why do you insist on believing that they are your biological parents?'

The truth of Islam isn't established by the rewards mentioned.

Zafran
06-29-2011, 04:26 PM
salaam

Indeed A muslim should worship God because of God not because he or she is getting a reward for it.

peace.

Haya emaan
06-29-2011, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by remmy5
I have seen more than once that women don't really get anything when they get to heaven (or that it is perhaps not as much as the men get?) If this is true, what keeps you, as a woman, in the Islamic religion? What motivates you to stay?
do you think we all are Muslims or believe in Allah just because we are fascinated by what is told to us about all we will get in heaven??

Pure Purple
06-30-2011, 06:16 AM
I do not follow Islam only because the in the future I'll have heaven. Islam is a religion which is useful for our worldly life too.

Ibn Kathir (May Allah have mercy on him) said the Verse ("fastajaba lahum rabbuhum") means Allah replied to their queries ... and the Verse ("anni la udi’u ‘amala ‘amilin minkum min thakarin aw untha") is an explanation of the reply meaning that good deeds will not be lost or ignored. All men and women will have the just reward for their deeds. The Verse ("ba’dukum min ba’d") means you will be treated equally with respect to rewards.

(If any do deeds of righteousness, be they male or female, and have faith, they will enter heaven, and not the least injustice will be done to them.), Verse 124, Surat an-Nisa, or the Women.

In explanation of this Verse, Ibn Kathir (May Allah have mercy on him) said the Verse shows Allah’s kindness, generosity and mercy in accepting the good deeds of all people, men and women, provided that they believe, in allowing them into heaven and in not decreasing rewards for their good deeds no even in the least.

(Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has faith, verily, to him will we give a life that is good and pure, and we will bestow on such their reward according to the best of actions.), Verse 97, Surat an-Nahl, or the Bees.

Ibn Kathir (May Allah have mercy on him) said this is a promise by Allah, the Exalted, to those who do good deeds i.e. deeds acceptable to Allah in which a Muslim follows the rules set in the Book of Allah, the Exalted, and the Sunnah of His Prophet (May peace and blessings be upon him), be they men or women, if they believe in Allah and His Messenger (May peace and blessings be upon him), that He will make them live a good life in this world and will be rewarded in the Hereafter. A good life would include all types of comfort.

(He that makes evil will not be requited but by the like thereof; and he that makes a righteous deed – whether man or woman – And is a believer – Such will enter the garden (of bliss): therein will they have abundance without measure.), Verse 40, Surat al-Mumin, or the believer.

There are many other places in the Qur’an where it is mentioned that men and women both will find their reward and none will be deprived. [See: Aal `Imran 3: 195; An-Nisa’, 4: 124; An-Nahl 16: 97; Al-Ahzab 33: 35; Ghafir 40: 40]
The life of women in Jannah will be as pleasant and happy as the life of men. Allah is not partial to any gender. He created both of them and He will take care of both of them according to their needs and desires. Let us all work to achieve the Jannah and then, in sha’ Allah, we will find there what will satisfy all of us fully.

Ali Mujahidin
07-01-2011, 03:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
This question is like asking: 'Your parents aren't giving you any sweets tonight, why do you insist on believing that they are your biological parents?' The truth of Islam isn't established by the rewards mentioned.
:sl:

Bull's eye, brother, very well put.

Just_A_Girl13
07-01-2011, 05:34 AM
If this is true, what keeps you, as a woman, in the Islamic religion? What motivates you to stay?
Salaam brother,

I could write a novel on this one :D Islam is the truth, and Islam makes me happy are the two main reasons. Even if women get fewer rewards than men in the Hereafter, that doesn't stop me from being happy as a Muslim right now. Allah (s.w.t.) is all I need. I like doing good deeds and avoiding sin not only to gain "Heaven points," but because it makes me feel good about myself. And the amount of reward that I get for that is irrelevant to me. The love and forgiveness of Allah (s.w.t.) is the greatest reward of all :)

Peace be with you

SFatima
07-05-2011, 04:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just_A_Girl13
Salaam brother,

I could write a novel on this one :D Islam is the truth, and Islam makes me happy are the two main reasons. Even if women get fewer rewards than men in the Hereafter, that doesn't stop me from being happy as a Muslim right now. Allah (s.w.t.) is all I need. I like doing good deeds and avoiding sin not only to gain "Heaven points," but because it makes me feel good about myself. And the amount of reward that I get for that is irrelevant to me. The love and forgiveness of Allah (s.w.t.) is the greatest reward of all :)

Peace be with you
What a nice approach MashAllah May all muslims adopt that..

But one thing, I never heard that muslim women will have fewer rewards in heaven? who said that? As for the word used for one kind of reward which is called 'hoor' isn't sex specific and includes both males and females, all scholars say that, since they have been mentioned as ' pairs of spouses for you" and pairs always means both males and females.. only Allah swt knows best though, but how can anyone even think that they will be in heaven and be un-happy when Allah swt has said that he has prepared the heavens to serve His people, Imagine Allah swt serving His own people, can anything be more delightful than that? specially when Heaven is beyond the best of our imagination, how can it not have enough pleasures for women. :statisfie

Peace be with you too.

Jalal~
07-05-2011, 05:07 PM
The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) told us that within Paradise are things that no eyes have ever seen, nor ears have ever heard, and that things in it are beyond our imagination and comprehension, but we all have our own personal ideas of what eternal bliss would probably be like.
~quoted from http://www.shariahprogram.ca/article...er-death.shtml

format_quote Originally Posted by Rahila
Ibn Kathir (May Allah have mercy on him) said the Verse ("fastajaba lahum rabbuhum") means Allah replied to their queries ... and the Verse ("anni la udi’u ‘amala ‘amilin minkum min thakarin aw untha") is an explanation of the reply meaning that good deeds will not be lost or ignored. All men and women will have the just reward for their deeds. The Verse ("ba’dukum min ba’d") means you will be treated equally with respect to rewards.
There are so many things hidden from us in heaven, that it is impossible to say that men will get more reward than women in heaven; everyone will be rewarded equally, both men and women; Allah tala has hidden so much from us, that once we realize everything that he has kept secret from us in Paradise, we will all believe that we have been rewarded fully and equally for our deeds in this life.

Asiyah3
07-05-2011, 05:18 PM
I actually have two questions, the first being What do Islamic women get when they go to heaven?
Anything their heart desires. :)

jameelash
07-05-2011, 05:47 PM
salam,entrance to heaven means saved from hell.for me getting entrance to heaven is morethan enough.what we get later may be according to our deeds.

ayesha.ansari
07-07-2011, 05:45 AM
Well i believe males never want us to get any thing they just think that they are only the smarter being in this universe.

SFatima
07-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Well i think if women weren't just as smart they wouldn't have the heaven lie at their feet, as mothers ; )

Ali Mujahidin
07-07-2011, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
Well i think if women weren't just as smart they wouldn't have the heaven lie at their feet, as mothers ; )

:sl:

From my personal experience, women are way ahead of men when it comes to being smart. As a simple example: women have just as much fun as the men they go out with, yet it is the men who foot the bill. That's really smart strategy, isn't it?

Mr.President
07-07-2011, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
Exactly !

@ayesha.ansari

but comparing men and women is like comparing apples and oranges in islam theres no equality but cuz how can islam give equal stuff for unequal !

SFatima
07-07-2011, 07:11 PM
yeah In heaven women get what they want, how can anyone even doubt that! humphhh

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!