PDA

View Full Version : Productivity

Beardo
06-16-2011, 03:29 AM
What does it mean to be productive?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
06-16-2011, 04:14 AM
I know what are differences between product, productive and productivity. But my English is not good enough to explain it. I can't find the accurate English words for certain Indonesian economical terms in this explanation.

Beardo
06-16-2011, 05:00 AM
Ah well. Try? lol. I'm just so confused. :/ Does it entail reading? Is reading productive? What about reading a novel?

'Abd Al-Maajid
06-16-2011, 05:53 AM
Productivity = Producing or able to generate large amount of income from a business :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
06-16-2011, 09:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
Ah well. Try? lol. I'm just so confused. :/ Does it entail reading? Is reading productive? What about reading a novel?
Reading novel ? Hmm, hmm, hmm, I doubt to say this is a productive activity.

But I give you few example if you want to know productive activities. Cooking is productive activity, there is an output in this activity, the food. Clean up your room is also productive activity, your clean room is an output of this activity.

Product, productive, and productivity are related to resulting output.

Innocent Soul
06-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Productivity
productiveness: the quality of being productive or having the power to produce

Productivity = Value / Time
(productivity equals value divided by time)

By this definition there are two primary ways of increasing productivity:
1) Increase the value created
2) Decrease the time required to create that value

Got this from http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...-productivity/

I think you should visit this site to know the exact meaning of productive :).

http://productivemuslim.com/

Danah
06-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Does it entail reading? Is reading productive? What about reading a novel?

Maybe "writing" a novel is considered more as productivity.

Riana17
06-16-2011, 12:46 PM
SALAM

Productive means having the ability to produce or originate or give positive results

Product
article / substance that is manufactured or refined for sale

Productive
Producing or able to produce large amounts of goods, crops / other commodities

Productivity
the quality of being productive or having the power to produce

ProudMuslimSis
06-16-2011, 12:48 PM
I think anything can be productive. For example a reading a novel could be productive if you learned something from it, participated in a book discussion, or perhaps presented a report on it.

ardianto
06-16-2011, 01:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah

Maybe "writing" a novel is considered more as productivity.
That is !...... that is !

If we write novel, the novel is product.
If we able to write novel, it's means we are productive.
And how many novels that we have written definite rate of productivity.

Alhamdulillah, finally I can explain difference between product, productive, and productivity in simple English.

Frankly, economic is social science that easy to understand, but universities teach it in sophisticated way that not easy to understand. That's why, some people say, if you want to get Nobel Prize in economic, you should make simple economic theory going sophisticated which economic experts can't understand.

Ansariyah
06-16-2011, 03:02 PM
it basically means 'useful' so is reading useful, yes!

Voila.

Salahudeen
06-16-2011, 04:47 PM
I consider it a productive day if I have learned much, and wasted little time indulging in idle chit chat and things that do not bring me any benefit.

Riana17
06-16-2011, 07:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
That is !...... that is !

If we write novel, the novel is product.
If we able to write novel, it's means we are productive.
And how many novels that we have written definite rate of productivity.

Alhamdulillah, finally I can explain difference between product, productive, and productivity in simple English.

Frankly, economic is social science that easy to understand, but universities teach it in sophisticated way that not easy to understand. That's why, some people say, if you want to get Nobel Prize in economic, you should make simple economic theory going sophisticated which economic experts can't understand.
Subhanallah brother
good job, your brain is better than mine lol

Al-Mufarridun
06-16-2011, 07:46 PM
:sl:

reading is very productive, yes. but reading a novel might be one of the least productive things you could read.

Salahudeen
06-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Reading is productive if you actually remember something of value from whatever it was you were reading. It's possible to read a whole book and not learn anything new.

Just_A_Girl13
06-17-2011, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
By this definition there are two primary ways of increasing productivity: 1) Increase the value created 2) Decrease the time required to create that value
Wouldn't this formula be a closer approximation of what "efficiency" is? I suppose they're probably the same thing. All I know is that I am neither productive nor efficient, especially during the summertime;D

Muhaba
06-18-2011, 07:27 AM
productive means to produce something of value, something beneficial. maybe reading a novel is productive if you count the feelings that are produced with reading the novel.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!