/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why are we here?

Beardo
06-19-2011, 05:54 AM
My friend asked me this question, and I did not know how to answer it. I was going to brush it by, but then it stuck to my head, too. Maybe you guys can put it into words for me.

Why are we here? Everything is already written for us. Whether we'll be in heaven or hell, that is already known by Allah Ta'ala.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
06-19-2011, 06:14 AM
Because of will of Allah.

?

Life is wonderfull path.

Al-Mufarridun
06-19-2011, 06:38 AM
Allah(swt) knows because Allah(swt) exists beyond time as we know it, to Allah(swt) there is no past or future. You on the other hand do, thus you don't know whether you'll be amongst the people of Paradise or Hell.

so in short as to why we are here, you must first remember this ayah;

Allah(swt) says; Surah Ahzab 33:72: "We did indeed offer the Trust to the Heavens and the Earth and the Mountains; but they refused to undertake it, being afraid thereof: but man undertook it;- He was indeed unjust and foolish."

when Allah(swt) creates something, He(swt) offers the Trust of having Free Will, and thus being tested, All refused, except Humans and Jinns. so we are here to fulfill that Trust, to undergo the test of whether we'll keep our covenant with Allah(swt), to worship Him(swt) alone without any associates, or not. This the reason for us being here, It is for you to experience with your own self, to be your own witness. Hence why in the day of Judgement even your limps will speak while you wont be able to, to either witness against you or witness for you.

May Allah(swt) guide us and keep us on the straight path. Ameen ya Rabb!

Allah(swt) knows best.

Innocent Soul
06-19-2011, 07:11 AM
Assalamulaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
Why are we here? Everything is already written for us. Whether we'll be in heaven or hell, that is already known by Allah Ta'ala.
I think 'here' refers to the world. Yeah it's correct that Allah knows what is going to happen to us but we don't know so we have to struggle for Jannah, to please Allah, to help others so that if Allah asks us about what we have done in our life we can at least tell Allah that we tried our best to please him.
Here is an example. Suppose you have an exam tomorrow you work hard study well because we want to get good marks. Then we write our exam and we are at home sometimes we feel that our exam was good and I will get good marks sometimes we doubt whether what we have written is correct or not. Now your papers are corrected you pray to Allah that you want good marks. Now you see the result whether what you have written was correct or not. Now you came to know that your reap what you sow and you either get good marks or you didn't get what you wanted.

Allah already know whether we are going to hell or paradise. But we don't know so we should struggle and try our best. That's all we have to do. Leave the rest to Allah and remember Allah is the most Just. I am sorry if the example was not appropriate.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Riana17
06-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Salam
I found this good answer:

Muslims believe in Al-Qadar, which is Divine Predestination, but this belief in Divine Predestination does not mean that human beings do not have freewill. Rather, Muslims believe that God has given human beings freewill. This means that they can choose right or wrong and that they are responsible for their choices.

The belief in Divine Predestination includes belief in four things: 1) God knows everything. He knows what has happened and what will happen. 2) God has recorded all that has happened and all that will happen. 3) Whatever God wills to happen happens, and whatever He wills not to happen does not happen. 4) God is the Creator of everything

The point of us living is to worship Him so we can live in harmony with His creations..that is our main task and of course this life is a test...we here are to be tested, how we will go to heaven without being tested, how we will end up in hell without committing lots of sin

“I did not create the jinn and mankind except for My worship.” (Quran 51:56)

“Indeed, We have sent a messenger to every nation (saying), ‘Worship God and avoid false gods...’” (Quran 16:36)

Galaxy
06-19-2011, 11:05 AM
:sl:

We are here to worship Allaah!!

"I created Jinn and Mankind only in order that they might worship Me."(Qur’an 51:56)

:sl:

sister herb
06-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Question is good. I remember how some 10 years old sended same question here to 100 years old scientist as "what is purpose of life?"

He said:

"Oh kids, I have no idea! I am too young to know."

Salahudeen
06-19-2011, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
My friend asked me this question, and I did not know how to answer it. I was going to brush it by, but then it stuck to my head, too. Maybe you guys can put it into words for me.

We are here to Worship Allah, this is the purpose of our creation, Allah says in the Qur'an, "I did not create mankind or jinn except to worship me".

This life was created as a test to see who is good and who is evil. "Blessed is he in who's hands is the dominion, who created life and death as a means to test each of you to see who is best in deeds"

This life is a test to see if you choose to stand in the camp of shaytaan or if you choose to stand in the camp of the believers. If you join the camp of shaytaan you will be with him in the fire and if you join the believers you will be in paradise inshaAllah.

What would you say if I said, tomorrow you are going to commit murder and because of it I'm throwing you in hell today? undoubtedly you would scream out "injustice, unfair" so it's a part of Allah's infinite justice that he establishes the proof against us before he punishes us. It would be unfair if we were thrown into the fire for deeds we had not committed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!