/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Muslim Girls Can't Marry Non-Muslims

silkworm
06-23-2011, 12:50 PM
Almost every other European has reservations about Islam and it’s guiding principles. From time to time we hear that people accuse Islam of being unjust and unfair and some talk about "discrimination" in Islam especially towards ladies. Tons and tons of material is published and distributed about how harsh Islam is and that the Moslems mistreat their ladies

One frequent question I am being asked from time to time that "You people say that your religion is so equitable, could you perhaps tell us why it is that Islam allows Muslim men to marry Christian or Jewish girls but does not allow your daughters and sisters to marry a Christian or Jew??? Do you call this justice, huh???

My reply goes like this " We Muslim do not believe that Jesus pbuh and God's blessing be upon him was God's son - but we do consider hi, as we consider Moses and Abraham and all the other Prophet of the Bible, a true Prophet of God, all of them having been sent to mankind in the same way the Last Prophet Mohammad may God bless him and give him peace - was sent: as so, if a Jewish or Christian girls marries a Muslim, she may rest assured that none of the persons who are holy to her will ever be spoken of irreverently among her new family; while, on the other hand, should a Muslim girl marry, a non-Muslim, it is certain that he whom she regards as God's Messenger will be abused and perhaps even by own children: for do not children usually follow their father's faith??? Do you think it would be fair to expose her to such pain and humiliation???

Book reference: The Road to Makkah by Mohammad Asad was an Austrian Jew (Leopold Weiss) who embraced Islam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
May Ayob
06-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Salaam
Thank you for this as it is important

You know when i was little younger .. i always used to go like howcome this howcome that!! why can't i marry a non muslim man , i mean they seem to "respect" a female more than your typical muslim man but little did i know..
I went and read about these interfaith marriages and was i surprised by how disgustingly some white christian men treated a pakistan girl who he tricked by claiming that he fell in love with her .. took her innocence and what do you know ... when her family decided to get her married to another pakistani man.. then former man literally left her all alone and claimed that she "betrayed" him..
So long for marrying a non-muslim

Salaam

Mister Agenda
06-24-2011, 02:28 PM
I don't think that's a certainty. Surely a Muslim woman should not marry someone that would do that, but there's no rule that non-Muslims have to do that. And to a Christian woman, saying that Jesus is less than the 'Son of God' is likely to seem very irreverant.

I was once engaged to a Mormon woman. One of the first things we did was figure out how we would behave toward each other and any children we might have when it comes to religion. I agreed that I would not try to convince them there was no God (I think that is inappropriate anyway, my responsibility is to give them a good education, including good reasoning skills; and I will still love them if they come to different conclusions than I did). We would attend Temple at least twice a month and I could pick our activities on the Sundays we didn't go. The engagement didn't work out, but religion is not what divided us.

A Christian or Jewish man who wants to marry a Muslim woman is less likely to fall into the category of men who insist their children be raised in their religion: if that were a major concern he shouldn't marry a Muslim in the first place, it's not like he has total control of what she teaches their children when he isn't around.

All that said, there's a rule against Muslim women marrying non-Muslim men. At the time the rule was written, the scenario silkworm describes was very likely, a Christian would be expected to make his wife submit to raising their children as Christians. Jews consider the children of Jewish mothers to be Jews by birth. The latter is still true, but in the case of Christians, it's still true mostly of fundamentalist evangelicals. If your sistermarried an Episcopelian, they could probably come to terms on religious matters without the woman having the short end of the stick on the matter.

It's not for me to say if exceptions to the rule should be allowed in the modern age if the man agrees to the children being raised Muslim (it could even be put in a pre-nuptial agreement). Then you would have a case of a Christian man's children being raised Muslim, where they would have been raised Christian if he married another Christian. Strategically, that's smart if you want to increase the proportion of Muslims to Christians. I'm just pointing out possibilities.

But likely the people who are miffed at Muslim women not being able to marry Christians and Jews are just jealous they don't have the opportunity to marry a great Muslim woman themselves.

Salahudeen
06-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Also women tend to wanna please their husbands, so if he tells her to do something unislamic like take off her hijaab she might do it. She may even leave the religion cos of her husband, when a woman loves a man most of the time she'll do anything for him so it's dangerous for her to marry a non muslim man incase he corrupts her belief. I've heard of stories where Muslim girls married shia's, before the marriage they would say "we'll never become shia" then 1 year into the marriage their shia. The man is the leader of the family the wife will eventually follow him upon what he believes.

I've also heard the same about Muslim girls who married non muslim men, eventually they left Islam and became whatever religion their husband was.

But whenever I've heard of a Muslim man marrying a non muslim girl, the girl eventually becomes Muslim after a while, the man hardly ever leaves the religion cos of his wife. But many times I've heard the of the wife taking up the beliefs of her husband.

So I think this ruling protects a Muslim womans religion, cos there is a very high chance of losing it if she marries a non muslim man, no matter what she says before hand.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
06-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Salaam

the real reason is Allah does not permit it . Tell them the real reason , if they don't like the answer , it's their problem .

The other explanations are given by human ; so could be right , could be wrong.

And Allah Knows Best.

SFatima
06-28-2011, 08:53 PM
And the other best answer is,

Muslims do as Allah swt says, He is the supreme authority over all personal, non personal matters, any matters that we muslims come across, We accept His recommendations to us, whole heartedly, because the Creator knows what is the best option to live by, since He wants only the best for us. It is binding for a muslim to choose that option, and when he does not, he invites upon great trouble on himself and it is quite evident to Him, the consequences of what he does to please His Lord. When Muslims strive to please their Lord, they themselves are pleased, Allah swt fills them with happiness. Dis-obeying Allah swt can never bring peace, happiness and tranquility to one's heart, because real peace lies in complete submission of the ultimate truth, and that truth sets you free of all your worries.

User29123
06-29-2011, 12:37 PM
I am sure I have heard this:

that a Muslim man or women can marry a Christian or Jew as long as they (christian or Jew) revert to Islam....!

Muslim Woman
06-30-2011, 08:07 AM
Salam

format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
I am sure I have heard this:

that a Muslim man or women can marry a Christian or Jew as long as they (christian or Jew) revert to Islam....!
if they accept Islam , then they are not Jew or Christian anymore.

But if anyone utters the Shahada just to get married , then a true Muslim must not marry him/her because if they don't believe in the 2 testifications , then they are not Muslims.

And Allah Knows Best.

User29123
07-01-2011, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salam

if they accept Islam , then they are Jew or Christian anymore.

But if anyone utters the Shahada just to get married , then a true Muslim must not marry him/her because if they don't believe in the 2 testifications , then they are not Muslims.

And Allah Knows Best.

Do you mean they are not Jew or Christian any more?

:D

abjad
07-01-2011, 10:15 PM
they do marry as u understand at the present situation;
BUT a muslim BELIEVER, of that book which is called Kuran Kareem
will never go against IT.

Yes u are right kuran says "Laa ikraha fi diin"

see has anybody been forced by Allah Not to do what he/she wants to do?
yourself writtings had Allah willed your very fingers will not be able to write not talking about brain thinking.

Muslim Woman
07-02-2011, 01:10 AM
Salaam

format_quote Originally Posted by PoweredByGoogle
Do you mean they are not Jew or Christian any more?

:D
yap , thanks for correcting . I edited the post .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!