/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Items every Muslim should have in their Home

loving_quran
06-28-2011, 04:45 PM
As a new/renewed Muslim...I am starting from scratch...what besides the Quran ,Sunnah, and Prayer Rug should i have in my home...or should do/provide for my home? (right now i have none of the above except through the computer.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
06-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Salam alaykum;

even I haven´t anything else than only Quran (both by my language and arabic, even I can´t read arabic ones very much) and one book about hadiths. Some normal, clean mat is enough as praying, if you haven´t anything else one now. And of course suitable clothes for praying.

Other members might have some other ideas about this.

And welcome to islam.

Salahudeen
06-28-2011, 05:28 PM
What about a compass for the direction of the kaba? I have a keyring compass.

Abz2000
06-28-2011, 06:25 PM
i started from scratch in '05 - got a few very good books, the most important i'd say is yusuf ali and marmaduke picktall's translations of quran with arabic side by side (they have the least brackets and opinionated verses), i'd listened to the cd in Arabic (sudais) while reading in english simultaneously (the whole Quran about 20 times) - now i can understand the tarawi prayer - even when i don't know the words, the verse fits in and gets put together in my mind from matching words - and believe me it is much more beautiful in arabic - the words have a different texture and mulitple meanings flash through your mind), secondly - a book on the life of the Prophet (pbuh), i got a few - the best was Abridged Biography of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him by imam Muhammad ibn 'abdul Wahhab At-Tamimi darussalam (ebay item no. 200395037867) uk (cheaper - h t t p : / / islamicstore . c o . u k /islamic-books/stories-of-the-prophets/abridged-biography-of-prophet-muhammad-pbuh/
-
h t t p : / / w w w . al-hidaayah . c o . u k / abridged-biography-of-the-prophet-by-imam-muhammad-ibn-abdul-wahhab-attamimi-ka7379 . i r ? cName=books-biography-the-prophet-muhammad
-
it starts from ibrahim (pbuh) all the way through to the caliphs to the 52nd year, doesn't mince words or avoid controversy.

then i also focused on a summarized english version of sahih muslim i got from hajj back in my ignorance days - compiled by al-hafiz zakiuddin abdul-azim al-mundhiri

just google - amazon - or ebay the name.

also
the lives of the prophets - by imam anwar al awlaki is an EXCELLENT resource - he has made some frustrated comments recently after suffering much persecution - but that collection is AMAZING, you can download it from the islamic torrent sites or support the publishers al basheer by buying it. - he also doesn't mince words or avoid controversy.

i've had some ups and downs since - especially when i fell among people who are casual about the limits of God Almighty, you tend to feel more relaxed about things and it is quite easy to fall into error, so IMHO, try to associate with sincere brothers and sisters, though interacting with others cautiously can help keep your guard up - or you can fall apart again if you fall among the ignorants.

the main thing i would recommend is try your best - and know that Almighty God is watching and guiding you - don't ever lose hope for your faults - and don't ever lose fear - you will fluctuate between fear and hope and you will be safe - one extreme of hope - you'll forget to be heedful, one extreme of fear - you'll lose motivation,
humans are motivated through dopamine and opiates - you can open paths in your brain to release that dopamine for good and pure things - like giving charity and pleasing Allah, while Satan and his followers will try to open paths in your brain to be motivated by decadence, crime and evil, the choice is the struggle - but the reward is eternal - in this world - and the next, and if you can find a community which lives by these limits - you see the good in this world.
may peace be with you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ali Mujahidin
06-29-2011, 04:14 AM
:sl:

What every home gets, sooner or later, is the latest model of a Widgetized Obfucative Mannequinized Altercative Naggerulator.

Of course, I am just kidding. :D

Seriously, every Muslim home needs to have a mirror. There are so many things that can only be done properly with the aid of a mirror. For example, putting on the headscarf securely to make sure not even one single wisp of hair peeks out. Myself, I have one mirror in the bathroom and another one right on the inside of the front door so that I can make one last check before I leave the house.

Who Am I?
06-29-2011, 04:15 AM
I have:

2 copies of the Qu'ran (both in English), a copy of the Sealed Nectar, and a book about the Hadith.

I use a clean blanket right now for a prayer rug, and I googled the direction to Makka so I know which way to face when I pray at home.

loving_quran
06-29-2011, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abz2000
the main thing i would recommend is try your best - and know that Almighty God is watching and guiding you - don't ever lose hope for your faults - and don't ever lose fear - you will fluctuate between fear and hope and you will be safe - one extreme of hope - you'll forget to be heedful, one extreme of fear - you'll lose motivation,

I agree and this is what happened to me...also a lil burnout trying to learn too much too soon

also what things are most benificial daily in Islamic life?

Who Am I?
06-29-2011, 04:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by loving_quran
I agree and this is what happened to me...also a lil burnout trying to learn too much too soon

also what things are most benificial daily in Islamic life?
This is why I try to take my time learning, so I don't get burnt out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!