/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's the Difference?

May Ayob
06-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Salaam
I have a question, some might think it is stupid or silly, but I would appreciate If i had a reply.
What is the difference between being alone , and being lonely..
I don't mean by means of word defination, but What would make a person considered as alone?
And what would make a person be considered as lonely?

Thank you all in Advance, Jazakum Allah Khair
Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
May Ayob
07-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Salaam

Anyone interested in answering my question??
I would appreciate it if you did

Salaam

ardianto
07-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Salaam

Being alone is situation when we have nobody. Like stay in a place without family, without relatives, without friends.

Being lonely, is a feeling when we expect somebody to comes to our heart, but nobody comes.

piXie
07-04-2011, 11:36 AM
ermmm..

Being alone: No one else there, just you on your own.

Being lonley: could be many people around you, but in your heart you feel an absence and lonliness.

So, former more on a physical level and latter more on an emotional level, if that makes sense.

Hope that helped.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Riana17
07-04-2011, 12:18 PM
salam

Lonely is by heart or by feelings, whether someone is around or not

being Alone is a physical description, or situation

May Ayob
07-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Salaam
Thank you all for your replies

For further explanation, Does that mean you being alone to not have any family members around you?
Salaam

ardianto
07-04-2011, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by May Ayob
Salaam
Thank you all for your replies

For further explanation, Does that mean you being alone to not have any family members around you?
Salaam
Definition of being alone is : not among community. If your family is your only community and you are not with them, yes, you are being alone. But if you are living in a place without any family member but you have some friends, you are not being alone because your friends is your community.

May Ayob
07-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Thank you all for your replies :)
Jazakum Allahu Khairan

Salaam

Who Am I?
07-05-2011, 12:02 AM
I am always alone but not always lonely.

I live alone. No family or friends around. I go to work, and I go home. Sometimes I get lonely because I don't have anyone around and sometimes I crave human companionship. Other times I find comfort in my solitude.

I have also been surrounded by people at times and I have still felt lonely.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!