/* */

PDA

View Full Version : LI Health Club

piXie
07-01-2011, 07:08 PM
:sl:

Here we post healthy recipes and tips. :D

1st tip: For clear skin

After fajr prayer, drink 2-3 glasses of warm water, and do a light form of excercise for 20mins e.g. walking.

Then eat an apple (detox), orange (Folic Acid, Vit C) and an avacardo ( Vit. E). Take with it : Evening primrose oil [1/2 tsp] - regulates hormones.

Wait 20-30mins before having breakfast (approx time for fruit to digest)

This is a bombastic detox plan. Results should be evident within 1 week insha Allaah.

P.S. For acne scars: Wheatgerm oil - if u can bear the smell :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Innocent Soul
07-02-2011, 09:16 AM
Assalamualaikum

Foods good for your eyesight:

These foods are good for maintaining good eyesight. Weakened eyesight may be the result of improper nutrition and lack of the relevant nutrients that are related to the maintenance of the various eye components.

Carrots. These are rich in Vitamin A. Beta-carotene which is a precursor of Vitamin A plays an important role in numerous biochemical reactions in the body. The benefits of Vitamin A / Beta-carotene include maintenance of the surface linings in the eyes, and intestinal, urinary and respiratory tracts.

Cold water fish. These include sardines, mackerel, cod and tuna. These fish are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, and particularly DHA which plays a crucial role in the structure of cell-membranes. It is recommended for people with dry eyes, and for the preservation of sight in general.

The leafy greens. These include spinach and kale. These are rich in carotenoids, with lutein of particular interest. This is a pigment that protects the macula (part of the eye deep in the centre of the retina) from damage via sunlight.

eggs. They are rich in sulfur, cysteine, lecithin and again, lutein. They can protect from cataract formation.

Garlics and onions. These are also rich in sulfur, which is required for the synthesis of glutathione which is an antioxidant for the whole body, including the eye lens. It protects the body from damage and deterioration and this applies to the eyes as well.

Fruits and vegetables. They contain a lot of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Beta-carotene. Carrots are good for daytime vision.

Blueberries and grapes. They contain anthocyanins which are good for night vision.

Nuts and seeds These contain zinc which is important for retina function. Zinc is also required to release Vitamin A from the liver which is then used by the eye.

Source

Pure Purple
07-02-2011, 10:55 AM
^safiya
I think doctor has recommended you to weare specs that's why you are so much conscious about your eyes.ha ha
you need to take rest by closing your eyes or adjust your brightness of the computer, adjust your computer monitor or your seat to avoid wearing spectacles!lol

Innocent Soul
07-02-2011, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rahila
I think doctor has recommended you to weare specs that's why you are so much conscious about your eyes.ha ha
I have been wearing specs since 2 years and this is my 3rd year :giggling:.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salahudeen
07-03-2011, 03:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by member X
:sl:

Here we post healthy recipes and tips. :D

1st tip: For clear skin

After fajr prayer, drink 2-3 glasses of warm water, and do a light form of excercise for 20mins e.g. walking.

Then eat an apple (detox), orange (Folic Acid, Vit C) and an avacardo ( Vit. E). Take with it : Evening primrose oil [1/2 tsp] - regulates hormones.

Wait 20-30mins before having breakfast (approx time for fruit to digest)

This is a bombastic detox plan. Results should be evident within 1 week insha Allaah.

P.S. For acne scars: Wheatgerm oil - if u can bear the smell :D
Great thread, where can we fit blackseed oil and flaxseed oil in? For Omega 3 and 6?

Pure Purple
07-03-2011, 06:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
I have been wearing specs since 2 years and this is my 3rd year .
OMG...Now I understood why are you so much concern about eyes..
Follow those diet which you have posted..LOL:p

Haya emaan
07-03-2011, 12:21 PM
A SLICED CARROTS looks like a human eye and greatly enhances blood flow to the eye

A TOMATO has four chambers and is red just like the heart. A tomato is loaded with lycopine that is pure heart and blood food

A WALNUT looks like the brain and helps to develop more than three dozen neuro-transmitters to enhance brain functions

BEANS are kidney shaped and help maintain kidney functions..

فَبِأَيِّ آلَاءِ رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ

piXie
07-03-2011, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
where can we fit blackseed oil and flaxseed oil in? For Omega 3 and 6?
I personally prefer the seeds over the oil. Black seed could be added if the person was also suffering from an infection or another ailment (e.g. weeping eczema, wheezing etc). Otherwise its not really neccessary. :hmm:

Im glad u mentioned Flaxseed - EFA's are crucial.

Many ways of taking flaxseed:

1) Soak the flaxseed (2 tablespoons) in water overnight and drink its water in the morning.

or..

2) Sprinkle the seeds over salad.

or..

3) Crush the seeds into fruit smoothies.

etc.

Or a person could get their EFA's from other sources like fish :D

Salahudeen
07-03-2011, 04:45 PM
^ can we just take the whole seeds and swallow them? or do we have to crush them in order to get the benefits?

piXie
07-03-2011, 05:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
^ can we just take the whole seeds and swallow them? or do we have to crush them in order to get the benefits?
Better for digestion to crush before swallowing. Either a person can crush them with their teeth or with a machine, or drink their water, or drink their oil. Many ways to choose from.

Would advise to take cucumber or watermelon with it.

Pure Purple
07-04-2011, 06:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
I have been wearing specs since 2 years and this is my 3rd year .
Along with diet Also recite eleven time ' Yaa Nooru ' and blow on one's forefingers and thereafter wipe the forefingers on the eyes.

Muhaba
07-04-2011, 07:24 AM
that is very interesting information. and helpful too

piXie
07-04-2011, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rahila

Along with diet Also recite eleven time ' Yaa Nooru ' and blow on one's forefingers and thereafter wipe the forefingers on the eyes.
source? :hmm:

Haya emaan
07-04-2011, 10:11 PM
apple protects your heart and prevents constipation

Banana strengthens bones and controls blood pressure

Carrot saves eyesight and combats cancer

Lemon controls blood pressure and smooths skin

Mango boosts memory and regulates thyroid

Grape saves eyesight and combats formation of kidney stones

Orange supports and strengthens immune system of body and ends insomnia

Peaches stops strokes and aids digestion

فَبِأَيِّ آلَاءِ رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ

piXie
07-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Perfect ingredients for fruit chaat - but eat the carrot another time. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!