/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is doing important work on Friday before Jumu'ah permissible?

Morningstar
07-08-2011, 03:31 PM
As-Salam Alaikum,

I was just wondering if it is ok that I lead and conclude some very important negotiations on Friday before Jumu'ah prayer? (I would still make it to Jumu'ah prayer Inshallah)

I am asking before on the one hand I heard few people saying that one should not wash his cloths, or clean his apartment before Jumu'ah but on the other hand every Muslim I know works regular jobs on Friday in western countries.

So is it ok to lead the important negotiations on Friday morning?
How about washing cloths and cleaning the apartment?

Thanks
Morningstar

Ash-hadu 'an laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu
wa 'ash-hadu 'anna Muhammadan 'abduhu
wa Rasooluhu.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
May Ayob
07-08-2011, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Morningstar
I am asking before on the one hand I heard few people saying that one should not wash his cloths, or clean his apartment before Jumu'ah but on the other hand every Muslim I know works regular jobs on Friday in western countries.

Salaam brother and Welcome to the Forum (if you are new) :)
I am no scholar but from the basics , who told you that it is wrong to do regaular house chores before Friday prayer??
I don't know where you got that from , As there is a hadeeth that Alsayeda Aisha says that the Prohpet used to do regular things like chores and things like that and when the call to prayer was heard he would leave to go to the Masjid.
So from this I would not see any problem with doing regular work at all even if it was some work from you job I do not think it is wrong ( Brothers and Sister- please correct me if i am wrong)

format_quote Originally Posted by Morningstar
How about washing cloths and cleaning the apartment?
Yes it is okay , make sure you use Tide for washing you clothes--just kidding

Peace be to you Salaam

SFatima
07-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Asalamo alaikum,
Working before and after Jummah prayers is permissible. One just has to make sure to wind up things well before jummah time so that there's enough time for preparing for the jummah.

Morningstar
07-10-2011, 12:51 AM
As-Salam Alaikum sisters,

Thank you very much for your responses you put my mind at ease. Unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation out there about Islam so I am very happy to have found this forum to clarify my questions :)!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
May Ayob
07-10-2011, 05:23 AM
Salaam
You are welcome, Insha'Allah you will find better help from the brothers and sisters in this Forum
Salaam :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!