/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Evil eye on oneself?

peace_maker
07-08-2011, 09:47 PM
:sl:
Does evil eye affect oneself? For example, you look at yourself at the mirror and admire your looks, and the other day you end up with a BIG zid on your nose. :hmm:

Is there any hadeeth that has been reported that evil eye may affect oneself?

(sorry, if this is in the wrong thread)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
إحسان
07-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Interesting. I've never thought of that. Although I'm sure instead of criticising your appearance you should say alhemdulilah or mashAllah when praising yourself.

Concerning looking at yourself in the mirror, I know it's recommended to say a dua'a (which most people don't know unfortunately):

Dua'a when looking at oneself in the mirror

الحمد لله الهم كما حسنت خلقي فحسن خلقي
Alhumdu lillahi Allahumma kama hasanta khalqi fahassin khuluqi

“Oh Allah! As you have beautified my outward/physical appearance, then beautify my inward appearance (character)”

peace_maker
07-10-2011, 07:02 PM
I didn't know that duaa, Jazakallah Khayr for that. :)

Riana17
07-18-2011, 07:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *dua
Interesting. I've never thought of that. Although I'm sure instead of criticising your appearance you should say alhemdulilah or mashAllah when praising yourself.

Concerning looking at yourself in the mirror, I know it's recommended to say a dua'a (which most people don't know unfortunately):

“Oh Allah! As you have beautified my outward/physical appearance, then beautify my inward appearance (character)”
Subhanallah new information for me & sis peace_maker

btw
***My father used to tell me when I was young to avoid looking at the mirror so I wont feel bad about myself all the time lool >> > :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
innocent
07-27-2011, 09:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *dua

JazakAllah khair. I knew there was a dua but I didnt know what it was.

Kitsune92
07-27-2011, 11:38 AM
Can someone very briefly explain the evil eye to me?

إحسان
07-27-2011, 12:10 PM
The evil eye is a very detailed topic, it's hard to explain briefly. I'd suggest clicking on this link

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!