/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *Women only please*

Starrynight
07-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Salaam,

I am sort of embarrassed to ask this but I need to know. When a girl menstruates, how does this change her worship? Does she still pray the same?
During Ramadan, does she make up that 3-5 days later in the year that she misses as it breaks the fast?

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
07-12-2011, 12:31 AM
Walaykum as Salaam

she won't offer 5 times salat or do fasting . Later she will have to observe the missed fasting but no need to offer salat.

In sisters forum , u will find some related threads. Here is one.

God Wants Ease for You

Name of Counselor
Sahar El-Nadi

It is important to note that refraining from praying and fasting during menses is actually an act of worship — just like observing Prayers and fasting in normal days. A woman is rewarded in both cases for submitting to a divine command and showing obedience to Allah by refraining on specified times, as well as by obliging on other times.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, "When a slave falls ill or travels, then he will get reward similar to that he gets for good deeds practiced at home when in good health." (Al-Bukhari)

So, if a woman is a diligent worshipper everyday, her rewards while she is exempted would be equal to her best days of worship.

Make Up For Missed Fasting

Fasting is mandatory in a prescribed number of days a year. One can go on with their lives normally while fasting. It does not restrict one's daily routine to make up for missed fasting days after Ramadan. But when it comes to Prayer, it is quite different.

Prayer is not only about ticking boxes everyday. Prayer requires setting time aside, stopping anything we are doing, and performing physical movements in total focus and concentration.

The average woman menstruates 6 days X 5 Prayers a day = 30 missed Prayers each month. If she were required to make up for them, they will be added to her Prayers on the normal days as extra.

That means she will end up offering more Prayers than men nearly everyday, which is obviously unfair and very exhausting. It will put an added pressure on a wife and mother who already has a lot to take care of daily, which means turning her Prayers into a burden; a mechanical physical movement, and an obligation to get over with, rather than a unique connection with Allah to relax and recharge.

Allah is too Merciful on women to subject them to such hardship. So He so generously exempts women permanently from daily Prayers during that time.

Care for Menstruating Women

Not only does Islam take into consideration a woman's physical condition, but it also cares for her feelings in this delicate time. Look at the Prophet's example when he became extra kind to his wife Aishah at this time, and deliberately ate and drank from the same pots with her.

Aishah tells us that while in menses, she used to comb the hair of the Prophet. (Al-Bukhari)

She also tells us that the Prophet used to lean on her lap and recite Quran while she was in menses. (Al-Bukhari)

Look how Islam prevents a man from divorcing his wife during her period in case she had provoked him in her moody state, or so she will not be shocked emotionally while she is already suffering.

A menstruating woman in Islam practices her normal life and even enjoys extra love, respect, and protection from her menfolk.

Connection with Allah

Being exempted from praying does not mean being "banished" from connecting with Allah. Muslim women can connect with Allah in many ways during this time, for example: by reading to increase your knowledge about Islam and other useful topics, by reciting supplications and dhikr (remembrance of Allah), by reading the Quran, or listening to Quran recitation or revising what you memorized silently, by doing charities and good deeds, by teaching others including children, and by attending Islamic lectures and lessons.

Being a good Muslim in manners and character is an overlooked worship of precious value, and that is available to every Muslim at all times.

I hope now you have answers to your questions. Please stay in touch, and may Allah accept your worship and reward you generously.

Salam.

Useful Links:

Women, Menses and Worship

Keeping Connection With God During Menstruation

*{We Listen and We Obey}*

Are Women Deemed "Unclean" During Menstruation (External Link)

http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/...AskAboutIslamE

Starrynight
07-12-2011, 01:19 AM
Thank you so much! You answered my question perfectly :)

Muslim Woman
07-12-2011, 05:49 AM
Salaam

glad to know u find it useful but sis ur mood is still sad :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Starrynight
07-12-2011, 06:01 AM
haha you're right! I haven't noticed to change it in a few days. Thank you sister!

Riana17
07-12-2011, 07:15 AM
Salam I applied in sister's sections month ago but never got approval, hmm maybe not qualified

Muslim Woman
07-12-2011, 05:34 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
Salam I applied in sister's sections month ago but never got approval, hmm maybe not qualified
this has bee discussed in the forum ...our moderators want us to show patience and gain rewards from Allah . So , normally it takes months to get approval.

So sis , show patience as Allah loves those who have it :D

ayesha.ansari
10-27-2011, 05:08 AM
Yes she must have too.

'Aleena
10-28-2011, 09:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
Glad to know that I am not the only one.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
our moderators want us to show patience and gain rewards from Allah
I am not gonna buy that : p

Innocent Soul
11-02-2011, 11:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Aleena
Glad to know that I am not the only one.
^o) She posted that 3 months earlier. She was participating alot in Sister's Section :statisfie but now she is busy :heated:.

Endymion
11-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Which means she IS the only one :skeleton:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!