/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my response to disbeliver who claim dat d scientific miracle in d quran is 4rm greek

dhikrulahi
07-12-2011, 01:10 AM
i try to convince a disbeliver about d overwhelming, miracle of d quran but he conjure up a false accusation of it evolving 4rm the greeks, pls wat should my reply 2 this...although i know d miracle in quran are never fortold be anybody expect muhammed(s.a.w)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
07-13-2011, 12:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dhikrulahi
i try to convince a disbeliver about d overwhelming, miracle of d quran but he conjure up a false accusation of it evolving 4rm the greeks, pls wat should my reply 2 this...although i know d miracle in quran are never fortold be anybody expect muhammed(s.a.w)
Asalaamu Alaikum, The article below will refute the idea that the Qur'an plagurised Ancient Greek embryology:

Does the Qur’an Plagiarise Ancient Greek Embryology? A Review.

http://www.quranicstudies.com/articl...mbryology.html

Perseveranze
07-13-2011, 04:51 PM
It's been heavily refuted, Academic Critics don't use it anymore.

Does the Qur'an Plagiarise Ancient Greek Embryology?

JOHNJOHN
07-15-2011, 10:24 AM
Peace

I was readind the link and saw the verse :

"And He created the two sexes male and female from a drop when ejaculated or planned (Nutfah Idha Tumna) ". (Surah An-Najm, Ayah 45, 46)

There is something that I do not understand we are all created from a Sperm ? only a sperm ?

I can not imagine a a baby borne only from a sperm a man part what about the woman part ?

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Perseveranze
07-15-2011, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JOHNJOHN
Peace

I was readind the link and saw the verse :

"And He created the two sexes male and female from a drop when ejaculated or planned (Nutfah Idha Tumna) ". (Surah An-Najm, Ayah 45, 46)

There is something that I do not understand we are all created from a Sperm ? only a sperm ?

I can not imagine a a baby borne only from a sperm a man part what about the woman part ?

Peace.
... Look at what it is referring to.

c Sex determination
The information about sex determination is beautifully narrated in the Qur'an:
وَأَنَّهُ خَلَقَ الزَّوْجَيْنِ الذَّكَرَ وَالأُنْثَى (45). مِنْ نُطْفَةٍ إِذَا تُمْنَى (النجم: 46).

"Tumna" in Arabic means "ejaculated" or "planned". "Nutfah Idha Tumna" refers to the sperm when the meaning "ejaculation" is applied and can refer to the formation of the Zygote after the union of the sperm and the ovum, when it is taken to mean "planning" (Ref: 1A, 27/44: 2A, 4/32: 3A, 8/83: 5A, 7/117: 13A, 5/116: 19A, 7/711)

Although participation of an X and Y chromosome bearing sperms determines the sex, the new individual cannot be formed without the ovum. Here the second meaning of "Tumna" (planned or programmed) can be applied. What we know today with regards to sex determination bears out what was revealed in the Qur'an in the 7th century.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!