/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question on the fitra

anonymous
07-14-2011, 12:01 AM
As-salaamu' alaykum, i have a question. I have learnt in Islam all humans are created perfectly and they are born on the Fitra, which is the natural form of humans. This means that we are all created with the same human characteristics. For example, in the Wikipedia article it says qualities such as compassion, a natural inclination towards Tawhid, Ihsaan etc. So does this also mean the natural and only true sexual orientation in Islam is heterosexuality i.e. The natural relation between man and woman? Therefore, any other orientation is a test from Allah SWT and is present due to the influence of shaytaan? Does this mean that all people who experience same-sex attractions/homosexuals were NOT born that way? Despite what many others say, that they were "born that way"?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
07-14-2011, 06:08 AM
:sl:

Yes, fitrah of human is heterosexual, and homosexuality results from many various factors, among others: children sexual and psychological developments, environment, etc.
Despite the current mantra that homosexuals are "born that way", there is no scientific and medical evidence that people were born homosexual.

Here, please read the discussions about homosexuality and Islam on these threads:

http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ey-repent.html (In Islam will God forgive Haomosexuals for the sin of Homosexuality if they repent an)
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...iscussion.html (Muslims and Homosexuality - A Discussion)
http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...sexuality.html (Homosexuality)
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...sexuality.html (Homosexuality)
http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...ng-gay-14.html (Being Gay)
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ance-gays.html (Islam's Stance on Gays)
http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...being-sin.html (Where in the Quran or other Islamic text is Homosexuality talked about as being a sin)
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...sexuality.html (Homosexuality)
http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ty-chosen.html (Is homosexuality chosen?)

Tyrion
07-14-2011, 06:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Therefore, any other orientation is a test from Allah SWT
Yeah, I think this is the general idea. I can't say whether or not they were born that particular way, but it wouldn't really matter within the Islamic context. People are tested in different ways, and everyone is tested within the limits of what they can bear.

anonymous
07-14-2011, 09:19 AM
JazakAllah for your replies,

So to summarise you are essentially saying:

1) Because all humans are born perfectly and naturally on the Fitrah, it means that every human and newborn bears all characteristics and traits which belong to humans, such as those I gave examples of in the first post?

2) Consequently, all humans are born HETEROSEXUAL, NOBODY is born homosexual, as many claim to be the case?

3) Any illnesses which come upon us, whether from birth or throughout life, are all tests and trials from Allah? The same case is applicable to homosexuality, in that it also is a test from Allah? Is homosexuality due to the influence of Shaytaan in affected individuals?

4) Have there been any real-life examples of Muslims being successful in this test i.e. overcoming their homosexuality and returning back to their natural heterosexual state?

I would be very grateful for your answers to these questions,

JazakAllah, wa'alaikumus-salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
07-14-2011, 09:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
4) Have there been any real-life examples of Muslims being successful in this test i.e. overcoming their homosexuality and returning back to their natural heterosexual state?
I can answer this. I have a cousin who was homosexual, but he repented, and he is now happily married with a child Alhamdulillah. Anyone who truly believes in Allah and the judgement day, no matter how they are tested or how their life conditions are, will always try live their life according to the straight path (no pun intended) - shirottol mustaqeem (the fifth verse of Al Fatihah) that Allah SWT has prescribed for us. And any mu'mineen truly understand that this world is very very short and temporary and any difficulty that one faces actually will only elevate their status if they are sabr and hold fast to the rope of Allah SWT.
Also, If you read the threads that I gave you above, you would find that there are many organizations that support muslims who have same sex attractions, there are support groups for those, and many real life successful examples.

Ramadhan
07-15-2011, 04:58 AM

Also, we must keep learning about Tawheed which normally and basically mean "Oneness of Allah SWT" and we need to strengthen our belief in tawheed.
but Tawheed means a lot more than just "oneness"
Often we forget that oneness mean that He is Most merciful, most Just, Most powerful, and there is absolutely nothing that limit His attributes. And that we must totally submit to Him.

You maybe skeptical how a person who thinks they are homosexual can turn into heterosexual? Now if we really believe in tawheed, do we also doubt the mercy and the power of Allah SWT?
Say, the person who has same sex attraction really wish that they leave their old ways, and keep asking Allah SWT for forgiveness and for help and that they are steadfast with their faith, do you really think that it is impossible for Allah SWT to change the heart of that person?
Remember, Allah SWT is the one who created all of us, who created human beings and the universe, and who says in the Qur'an that the creation of the universe is greater than the creation of human. This is part of tawheed.
If Allah wills, is it that far fetched that he changed the heart of individuals?

In my last post about real life story, I cannot believe I forgot the story of one of my college friends. He is also from Indonesia, and he was a bit...ummm... on the "flamboyant" side. He did confide in me that he was attracted to same sex. But his eeman and religion is so great, and his faith is sot strong, he resisted his desires. He was very religious, he went on jamaah tableegh, and he got married as soon as he finished college, and he's had 3 beautiful children and happily married till now.

anonymous
07-15-2011, 09:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

Also, we must keep learning about Tawheed which normally and basically mean "Oneness of Allah SWT" and we need to strengthen our belief in tawheed.
but Tawheed means a lot more than just "oneness"
Often we forget that oneness mean that He is Most merciful, most Just, Most powerful, and there is absolutely nothing that limit His attributes. And that we must totally submit to Him.

You maybe skeptical how a person who thinks they are homosexual can turn into heterosexual? Now if we really believe in tawheed, do we also doubt the mercy and the power of Allah SWT?
Say, the person who has same sex attraction really wish that they leave their old ways, and keep asking Allah SWT for forgiveness and for help and that they are steadfast with their faith, do you really think that it is impossible for Allah SWT to change the heart of that person?
Remember, Allah SWT is the one who created all of us, who created human beings and the universe, and who says in the Qur'an that the creation of the universe is greater than the creation of human. This is part of tawheed.
If Allah wills, is it that far fetched that he changed the heart of individuals?

In my last post about real life story, I cannot believe I forgot the story of one of my college friends. He is also from Indonesia, and he was a bit...ummm... on the "flamboyant" side. He did confide in me that he was attracted to same sex. But his eeman and religion is so great, and his faith is sot strong, he resisted his desires. He was very religious, he went on jamaah tableegh, and he got married as soon as he finished college, and he's had 3 beautiful children and happily married till now.
Masha Allah, that is a very encouraging post indeed, JazakAllah for that! So you are saying that nobody is born homosexual, we are all born on the fitra, that is we are all born heterosexual as this is natural?

And if we try hard enough and rely wholeheartedly on Allah SWT to change us, then Insha Allah, we will return back to becoming heterosexual? i.e we will return back to the state of fitra we are all born in?

( Hence why the term 'convert' is not used as much these days, rather 'revert' is being used, as we believe that these people are returning back to their original state of Tawheed as per the fitra)

JazakAllah for your help

anonymous
07-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Assalaamu' alaykum/Helloo is anybody able to answer my questions?

Alpha Dude
07-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Your questions have already been answered.

anonymous
11-14-2011, 11:58 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

Please can somebody help me, I'm going through the most difficult time of my life right now. I am a Muslim male, and I experience same sex attractions. I am attracted to females to some extent, but I don't know how real this attraction is because I'm more attracted to males Astagfirullah currently. I am so depressed and scared, and anxious I have nobody to turn to about this. I try to distract myself from this but this thought regularly returns, and I return to a dark, frightening place everytime I remind myself of it.

Please can somebody give me some advice. I am in a very important year of my studies, and these issues are causing me so much grief and distress that I feel I just do not have what it takes to cope and get through this year. At times, I feel like dropping out but I'm afraid nobody will understand why I am doing all this. Obviously, I don't want to drop out and I really do enjoy my studies when I can successfully distract myself. But these dark thoughts persistently loom and make me feel terrible. Everything is becoming too much for me. It is very difficult for me having to cope with this difficulty, unlike others where you can talk through with other people to sort out. Other people I know have their difficulties and struggles, but looking at them I feel I have things so much worse.

I try to keep saying to myself, " I was not born this way, this is the result of various environmental interactions, I can change myself if I keep trying" " What's most important is that I was never born this way, so I CAN return back to how I am supposed to be". Yet the anxious thoughts keep coming back to haunt me.

Please can someone offer me some advice and support, you are all I have:exhausted What should I do to make myself at peace, to allow myself to fully focus on my studies and to continue with my life as normal and not allow this issue to ruin everything? I would greatly appreciate a prompt response.

JazakAllah for your help, wasalaam

anonymous
11-15-2011, 12:09 AM
Please I hope someone can help me quickly, JazakAllah

جوري
11-15-2011, 12:12 AM
I am tempted to subscribe to this thread just the way you populated all those homosexuality threads :haha:
now if you could do that for the evolution & Music ones I think my subscriptions would be cut down to 2 pages in lieu of 12 ^o)

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!