/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Guys & hair straighteners

adz89
07-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Assalamualakyum

ok this might sound a bit on the gay side, but now a days more guys are using hair straighteners when they go out or when ever. I know in Islam it says the men who imitate the women are cursed, but does having the right intentinon make using straighteners permissible?

for example, my best friend is a good muslim prays 5 times mashallah doesnt chat to girls (we are both in uni) and doesnt do anything like drinking smoking or clubbing etc. he is my good house mate and tells me why he uses them. his hair is very thick and curly and just to get it to look "normal" he has to straighten it a tiny bit. he doesnt do it every single day or doesnt have the intention of "pulling girls" he just does it so he looks presentable and smart. truth is his hair when long is literally very messy and no gel can style it. tbh i myself have tried it but would never go to the extent to straighten it where it looks blatant that its been straigntened.
so if having the right intention i.e not pulling girls or attracting attention, is it ok for guys to use straighteners? jazakallah for ur time and help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-17-2011, 10:29 PM
wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

All I can say is as long as hes not imitating women, i.e. having long hair like a women would, or make ones self look like the opposite in any way..

but I will let others reply to this question of yours insha'Allaah..

GuestFellow
07-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Salaam,

That is unusual. It does not sound as though he is straightening his hair for the wrong reasons. How about a buzz cut?

Reflections
07-17-2011, 11:17 PM
I gave my straightners away to a male family relative in the past...it's the intention that's important...as long as he isn't doing it for showing off etc I don't see why he can't use them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dagless
07-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Wouldn't he be imitating people with straight hair rather than women anyway? I also don't get the 'right reasons' thing everyone is saying. What are the right reasons if not to make yourself look more attractive? People usually pick a hairstyle they think makes them look better to the outside world, not worse.

Reflections
07-17-2011, 11:46 PM
^ That doesn't mean that you can't present yourself in a neat manner, he doesn't want his hair to be in a dishevelled condition hence he uses the straightners..

Kas1m
07-18-2011, 01:22 AM
There is nothing which is called a bad Hairstyle. Any hairstyle can be a fashion so I think he is alright. Personally I wouldn't go for it.

GuestFellow
07-18-2011, 09:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
Wouldn't he be imitating people with straight hair rather than women anyway? I also don't get the 'right reasons' thing everyone is saying. What are the right reasons if not to make yourself look more attractive? People usually pick a hairstyle they think makes them look better to the outside world, not worse.
Salaam,

There is a difference between looking smart and making yourself attractive. Then again, we all have a different idea of what is smart and what is attractive.

ardianto
07-18-2011, 10:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by adz89
Assalamualakyum
Wa'alaykumsalam
ok this might sound a bit on the gay side, but now a days more guys are using hair straighteners when they go out or when ever. I know in Islam it says the men who imitate the women are cursed, but does having the right intentinon make using straighteners permissible?

for example, my best friend is a good muslim prays 5 times mashallah doesnt chat to girls (we are both in uni) and doesnt do anything like drinking smoking or clubbing etc. he is my good house mate and tells me why he uses them. his hair is very thick and curly and just to get it to look "normal" he has to straighten it a tiny bit. he doesnt do it every single day or doesnt have the intention of "pulling girls" he just does it so he looks presentable and smart. truth is his hair when long is literally very messy and no gel can style it. tbh i myself have tried it but would never go to the extent to straighten it where it looks blatant that its been straigntened.
so if having the right intention i.e not pulling girls or attracting attention, is it ok for guys to use straighteners? jazakallah for ur time and help.
Is it means curly hair men are not smart and not presentable ?. :)

He doesn't need to straightening his hair, but he can shortening it if he thinks his curly hair is too thick. Same like Black African men do with their curly hairs.

By the way, Black African men are attractive, but I am sure, if they straighten their hairs, they will loss their attraction.

adz89
07-18-2011, 02:44 PM
lol I'm not saying men with curly hair are not smart, presentable or attractive. Black Africans have totally different hair to pakistanis . errrrm think of kurdish people I'm not saying anything bad but they naturally have thick hair its just in their genes! my barber is kurdish has thick hair and uses straighteners too!

cool think the comments above clarified few things thanks

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!