/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does it say in the Quran?

Ali Mujahidin
07-20-2011, 01:59 AM
:sl:

I was not born a Muslim, so I learned most of my guiding principles in life from non-Islamic sources. I am sure that the Holy Quran states those ideas in an even better way. However, my knowledge of the Holy Quran is abysmal and it would take me a few lifetimes, at least, to study it thoroughly. So, if any brothers or sisters who are more knowledgeable can give a hand, I would be most happy.

For a start, I try to live my life according to this principle:

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

Does anyone know how the Holy Quran says that? (In a much better way, I am sure)

JazakuLLah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
birkah
07-21-2011, 12:17 AM
Youtube: Justice vs Forgiveness By Nouman Ali Khan

He does a brief commentary of this ayah:
42:39-43

go to quran dot com & type 42:39-43

Ali Mujahidin
07-21-2011, 02:27 AM
:sl:

JazakuLLah. That's good. Does the Holy Quran say the same thing in just one line?

birkah
07-21-2011, 10:01 AM
What exactly you are looking for is captured in the hadith of Prophet SAW where he said
من لا يرحم لا يرحم
Whosoever does not show mercy will not be shown mercy. i.e. do onto other what you want them to do to you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!