/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How come the time I feel sleepy and tired moves forward a few hours every night

Salahudeen
07-20-2011, 04:49 AM
I've struggled most of my life to maintain a consistent sleeping pattern, the problem is I never feel sleepy till 4-5 am, even if I wake up at 7 am, I'll feel sluggish the whole day then my body will become alive at night and I end up sleeping late again.

I've stayed up all night a few times and gone to bed early like 9pm, but after a while I no longer feel tired at that time and end up going to bed at 12 then it becomes 3 then 5.

When I had a job I would survive all week on a few hours of sleep then on the weekends I would just crash out in the early hours of the morning and sleep till 12-2 pm to catch up on the sleep i missed during the week.

Then on Monday the same thing, fall asleep at 4 am up at 7. I just can't get my body to feel over whelmingly tired at a decent time, and when I do, I can't maintain because it starts to feel tired later and later :|

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
07-20-2011, 05:34 AM
Join the club, Akhi.

Do you consume caffeine during the day? Keep that to a minimal, as well as any naps you may be taking.

nature
07-20-2011, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salahudeen
I've struggled most of my life to maintain a consistent sleeping pattern, the problem is I never feel sleepy till 4-5 am, even if I wake up at 7 am, I'll feel sluggish the whole day then my body will become alive at night and I end up sleeping late again. I've stayed up all night a few times and gone to bed early like 9pm, but after a while I no longer feel tired at that time and end up going to bed at 12 then it becomes 3 then 5. When I had a job I would survive all week on a few hours of sleep then on the weekends I would just crash out in the early hours of the morning and sleep till 12-2 pm to catch up on the sleep i missed during the week. Then on Monday the same thing, fall asleep at 4 am up at 7. I just can't get my body to feel over whelmingly tired at a decent time, and when I do, I can't maintain because it starts to feel tired later and later :|
:sl:
could it be due to stress/anxieties ? this is usually what stops most having gud sleep.
wats your diet like ? cos food plays a big part, also reduce your caffeine intake, and your desi high calorie/high fat foods, they dont help..& prob the reason for being sluggish during the day
what about trying a sleeping aid ? something herbal ? you can pick up non addictive tabs from holland & barretts, which are really good to get yourself into a sleep routine...then eventually wean off, once you've got yourself into a good sleeping pattern.
have you tried horlicks ? some1 suggested it to me years back-try it, it helps.
extra salah ? surely that shud tire you out to some extent, as its extra concentration ?

having a few hours of sleep isnt healthy tbh, you'll eventually burn out and make yourself ill so you need to gradually build up a routine, wat about gym/swimming before you crash out, that mite help.

with ramadan coming you, your actually lucky, you can manage on few hours sleep, most of us miss out on doing extra ibaadah, cos of being tired, so look at it as a blessing for the time being.

:wa:

Salahudeen
07-21-2011, 08:04 PM
^Herbal remedies don't have any effect on me, I tried various one's from Holland & Barrets, they didn't even make me feel sleepy :( I haven't tried horlicks I will give that a shot next jazakAllah khair, my diet is like, eggs, beans and toast in the morning, jacket potatoe with tuna and salad for lunch, and in the evening I have chapati's with a curry. I do worry a lot and find it hard to stop. I find it hard to sit back and relax, my mind is all ways switched on and alert if that makes sense. Even in bed when I lie there, the thoughts don't stop, I try to not think but I start thinking without even realizing. I guess my problem is I can't stop thinking lol.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Trumble
07-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Go see your doctor. He will establish if the insomnia is the principal problem to be treated, or just a symptom of something else like anxiety and/or depression. He can also give you something considerably more effective than herbal remedies, as well.. you usually only need to take sleeping pills for a relatively short time to get your sleep pattern (re)established. Don't forget the usual recommendations before going to bed as well, some exercise followed by a relaxing bath so you are both physically tired and relaxed.

Reflections
07-21-2011, 10:10 PM
I wouldn't suggest sleeping pills, once you start taking them you become dependant on them to sleep..Try warm milk/horlicks...I suggest spending time in nawaafil salah and qiraa'ah etc and use it for time to read some islamic books or something of the sort..and to stop your thought..listen to qur'an whilst you're trying to sleep..it'll occupy but takes your mind off thoughts..

Trumble
07-21-2011, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
I wouldn't suggest sleeping pills, once you start taking them you become dependant on them to sleep..
No, you don't. That is why you see your doctor, to ensure treatment is managed correctly. Although obviously in the unlikely event warm milk/Horlicks does the job that would be preferable!

Alpha Dude
07-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Horlicks has never helped me. Try nytol.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!