/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Search Thread function doesn't work

Asiyah3
08-09-2011, 12:47 PM
:sl:

When I search something in the Search Thread link, I get

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Could you please fix it? Some threads are very long, so it would take a lot of time to search through all posts and pages.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
08-09-2011, 02:52 PM

May I suggest other ways to search thread and posts in this forum?

1. Go to http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en
2. In the "Search within a site or domain:" box, please type IB address: http://www.islamicboard.com/
3. And type in whatever words or phrases you want to look in the "all these words" or "this exact wording or phrase:" boxes.

Asiyah3
08-09-2011, 03:36 PM
^Sure, Jazakallahu khair for the help.

Asiyah3
08-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Wait, I just searched this thread and it worked. Al-hamdulillah.

Maybe it's just the old threads where the Search Thread function doesn't work.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
09-05-2011, 09:02 AM

The search thread function doesn't work if you try to search the thread for posts by a particular member.

Once you type in the member's name, you only have the option of finding their latest posts or latest started threads, but there is no option to find any posts by them in that particular thread, which is tedious if it has many pages. Especially if you remember the gist of the post but can't remember the exact key words. This function used to work fine before.

^ Jazaakallah for the google suggestion above, generally works, but not if you're searching for a post by a particular member in a thread.

Can this be fixed please?

Jazaakumullah khayr.

Yanal
09-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Asalam alaikum,

From the limited knowledge I have about the search,is that it shows the members last 2000 posts on the forum.If your trying to search for one of the members first posts,it's likely it won't show up in the search.

Insaanah
09-05-2011, 06:12 PM

^ Jazaakallah khayr for that. Unfortunately it won't let you actually search for posts by a particular member in a thread, even if it was well within 2000 posts. The option just isn't there. Only to find that member's most recent posts, but that's every recent post, with no connection to the thread you're wanting to search.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!