/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Virtue of Du'a'

alhamdulilaah
08-11-2011, 10:05 AM

Virtue of Du'a'

Du'a' is worship:

Narrated An-Nu'man ibn Bashir [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: Supplication (du'a') is itself the worship (Al-`Ibadah ). (He then recited "And your Lord said: Invoke Me, (i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism)) (and ask Me for anything) I will respond to your (invocation). (Surat Ghafir or AlMu'min(The Forgiver or The Believer):ayat (verse)60).[Transmitted by Ahmad,Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah]

Explanation:
Linguistically, `Ibadah (worship) means subdued. For instance, a road is described as Mu`abbadah, meaning, `paved'. In religious terminology, `Ibadah implies the utmost love, humility and fear (Tafsir Ibn Kathir).
Worship is a comprehensive term which includes all sayings and actions which are loved and pleased by Allah; such as invocation, Salat (prayer), humbling oneself in front of Him etc. As Allah, the All-Mighty says:
"Say (O Muhammad [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] ) :Verily, my Salat (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists)." (6:162)

Du'a'(supplication) is much honourable in Allah's sight:

Narrated AbuHurayrah [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "Nothing is more honourable in Allah's sight than supplication."
Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah transmitted it, Tirmidhi saying this is a hasan gharib tradition.

Du'a'(supplication) averts the decree:

Narrated Salman al-Farisi [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "Nothing but supplication averts the decree, and nothing but righteousness increases life."
Tirmidhi transmitted it.

Narrated Thawban [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: "Only supplication averts the decree, only (al-Birr) kindness prolongs life, and a man is deprived of provision for a (sin) fault he commits."

Transmitted by Ibn Majah.

Explanation: Al-Birr means piety, righteousness.

Du'a'(supplication) is beneficial regarding things which have happened and things which have not happened:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "Supplication is beneficial regarding things which have happened and things which have not happened, so devote yourselves to supplication, servants of Allah."

Tirmidhi transmitted it, and Ahmad transmitted it from Mu'adh ibn Jabal. Tirmidhi said this is a gharib tradition.

To the one whom Allah wants to show His Mercy; He Grants the ability of making dua:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar[Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him] :
Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "If the gate of supplication is opened for any of you, the gates of mercy will be opened for him, and Allah is not asked for anything He likes so much as to be asked for 'afiyah (security,safety)."
Tirmidhi transmitted it.

One who makes Du'a'(supplication) is not left empty handed:

Narrated Salman al-Farsi [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: Your Lord (Rabb) is (one who has Haya) and generous (Karim), and is ashamed to turn away empty the hands of His servant when he raises them to Him. Ibn Majah

Explanation:
Rabb:There is no proper equivalent for Rabb in English language. It means the One and the Only Lord for all the universe, its Creator, Owner, Organizer, Provider, Master, Planner, Sustainer, Cherisher, and Giver of security. Rabb is also one of the names of Allah.
Haya:This term covers a large number of concepts. It may mean 'modesty', 'self-respect', bashfulness', 'honor', etc.

Importance of Du'a':

Allah is angry with those who do not ask Him

Narrated AbuHurayrah [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "Allah will be angry with those who do not make requests of Him."

Transmitted by Tirmidhi.

Du'a' Supplication is the pith of worship:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said,"Supplication is the pith of worship."

Tirmidhi transmitted it.

This is the end of Virtue of Du'a' and all praise and thanks are due to Allah.

References:
1.Kitab-ud-du'a'; Muhammad Iqbal Kilani
2.Sunan of Abu Dawood
3.Tafsir Ibn Kathir
4.Tirmidhi

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
alhamdulilaah
08-20-2011, 02:01 PM

Bismillahir Rahman ir Raheem, In the Name of Allah,the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

Manners of du'a' (supplication) (1) :

1.Praising the name of Allah and praying for the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam]:

Narrated Fadalah bin `Ubaid [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] was sitting with us (one day) that a man entered (in the masjid). He prayed Salat (prayer) and said(started supplicating): "O Allah forgive me,Have mercy on me." The Prophet, [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "O Musalli (the one who prays)! You have been hasty [in du'a'(supplication)].He said, "When any one of you have performed Salat (prayer) and wants to supplicate, praise Allah first that suits Him and then supplicate Allah for me. Then supplicate for yourself.Fadalah bin `Ubaid (May Allah be pleased with him) says another man performed Salat (prayer) and (after that) praised Allah and invoked blessings on the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam].The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said:"O Musalli(the one who prays), supplicate(invoke Him), your dua will be answered''[Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi].

Fadalah bin `Ubaid (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] heard some one supplicating after his prayer without praising Allah and without supplicating Allah for the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam]. With regard to him, the Messenger of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "This man rushed.'' Then he called him and said, "When any one of you have performed Salat (prayer) and wants to supplicate, let him praise Allah first then glorify Him in the beginning and then he should supplicate Allah for me. Then he may supplicate for whatever he likes.''[Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi].

2.Asking Allah with firm will and seriousness:

Narrated Anas [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:Allah's Apostle [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam]said, "When anyone of you appeal(supplicate) to Allah for something, he should ask with determination and should not say, 'O Allah, if You wish, give me,' for nobody can force Allah to do something against His Will." Reported by Sahih Bukhari.

3. The consciousness of one's heart

Narrated AbuHurayrah [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "Supplicate Allah when you are assured of being answered, and know that Allah does not answer a supplication which comes from a careless and inattentive heart." Tirmidhi transmitted it, saying this is a gharib tradition.

4.Thinking the best of Allah

Ya`qub (Jacob) [‘alayeh-salam:Peace be upon him] said to his sons:

"and never give up hope of Allah's Mercy. Certainly no one despairs of Allah's Mercy, except the people who disbelieve.." Surat Yusuf (Joseph):verse 87

Narrated AbuHurayrah [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said:Allah taa'la says: 'Indeed I am as My servant presumes Me to be, and I am with him when he remembers Me.'Al-Bukhari 5/175 and Muslim 4/2061, this specific wording is related by Al-Bukharee.

5.Admitting one's wrong-doings:

Allah says in Quran, about Yunus [‘alayeh-salam:Peace be upon him]:

But he cried through the darknesses (Zulumat) (saying): ``There is no God but You, Glorified be You! Truly, I have been of the Zalimin wrongdoers.'') (88. So We answered his call, and delivered him from the distress. And thus We do deliver the believers.) Surat Al-Anbiya (Chapter - 21):Ayaat(verses)87-88

(And thus We do deliver the believers.) means, when they are in difficulty and they call upon Us and repent to Us, especially if they call upon Us with these words at the time of distress.

Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, Allah is pleased with His servant when he says:"La illah illa anta inni qad zalamtu nafsi fughfirli dhunubi innahu la yaghfiru dhunuba illa anta (There is no deity worthy of worship except You, I have wronged myself, Forgive me my sins, For there is no one who can forgive sins except You." He (Allah) says: "My servant knows that he has a Rabb (Lord), who forgives and punishes also.

Hakim transmitted it. [Silsilah ahadith sahihia hadith no.1653]

Explanation:

Rabb (Rubb):There is no proper equivalent for Rabb in English language. It means the One and the Only Lord for all the universe, its Creator, Owner, Organizer, Provider, Master, Planner, Sustainer, Cherisher, and Giver of security. Rabb is also one of the names of Allah.

6.Repeating one's supplications three times:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:When Allah's Apostle [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] completed his prayer, he supplicated against Quraish in a loud voice. When he used to supplicate,he invoked three times and when he used to ask,he asked three times.He raised his head and said thrice.He said, "O Allah! Destroy (the pagans of) Quraish; O Allah! Destroy Quraish; O Allah Destroy Quraish,"(Reported by Sahih Muslim)

Narrated Anas ibn Malik [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, If anyone asks Allah for Paradise three times, Paradise will say, "O Allah, bring him into Paradise;" and if any one asks for protection from Hell three times, Hell will say, "O Allah, grant him protection from Hell." Ibn Majah transmitted it.

7.One who supplicates should start with himself:

Narrated Ubayy ibn Ka'b[Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]
When Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] mentioned anyone for whom he made supplication, he began with himself.
Tirmidhi transmitted it, saying this is a hasan gharib sahih tradition.

8.Supplicating with Jawami' Al-Kalim (short rich expressions)

`Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported:The Messenger of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] liked comprehensive supplications or (Al-Jawami` - i.e., supplications with very few words but comprehensive in meanings), and discarded others.
[Abu Dawud].

9.To raise hands for dua (supplication) is masnun (Sunnah of the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam]

Narrated Abu Musa Ash'ari [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] invoked,while he was raising his hands,and I saw the whiteness of his armpits. (Bukhari reported it)

Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:When Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] raised his hands in supplication he did not lower them till he wiped his face with them. Tirmidhi transmitted it.

alhamdulilaah
08-21-2011, 11:21 AM

Manners of du'a'(supplication) (2) :

10.To supplicate without raising hands

Narrated Aisha (the wife of the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] ) [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with her]:Allah's Apostle
[Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] used to invoke Allah in the prayer saying "Allahumma inni a'udhu bika min adhabil-qabri,
wa a'udhu bika min fitnatil-masihid-dajjal, wa a'udhu bika min fitnatil-mahya wa al-mamati.
Allahumma inni a'udhu bika minal-ma thami wal-maghrami. (O Allah, I seek refuge with You from the punishment
of the grave and from the afflictions of Masiah Ad-Dajjal and from the afflictions of life and death.
O Allah, I seek refuge with You from the sins and from being in debt)." (Reported by Sahih Muslim)

Explanation:Masiah Ad-Dajjal :Among the great signs of the last hour and the greatest trials to befall mankind,
which every Prophet has warned about. Most of mankind will follow him. He will appear from Asbahaan,
Iran at the time when the Muslims will conquer Constantinople. He will be given special powers and will make
the truth seem false and vice versa. He will claim to be righteous and then he will claim prophethood and finally, divinty.
From his features is that he will be blind in his right eye which is a definite proof that contradicts his claim to be Allaah
as it is a sign of imperfection. The word Kaafir will be written between his eyes which every believer,
literate or illiterate will recognise.

11.Imam should include others also in dua :

Narrated Thawban [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:The Messenger of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam]
said: Three things one is not allowed to do: supplicating Allah specifically for himself and ignoring others while leading
people in prayer; if he did so, he deceived them; looking inside a house before taking permission: if he did so, it is as if
he entered the house, saying Salat (prayer) while one is feeling the call of nature until one eases oneself.
Transmitted by Tirmidhi.

12.Not to restrict Allah's Mercy

Narrated Abu Huraira [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam]
stood up for the prayer and we too stood up along with him. Then a bedouin shouted while offering prayer.
"O Allah! Bestow Your Mercy on me and Muhammad only and do not bestow it on anybody else along with us."
When the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] had finished his prayer with Taslim, he said to the Bedouin,
"You have limited (narrowed) a very vast (thing)," meaning Allah's Mercy. (Reported by Sahih Bukhari)

13.The suppliant should end his Du'a' with saying Ameen (Asking Allah's acceptance) :

Narrated Abu Darda [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said:
The supplication of a Muslim for his (Muslim) brother in his back (in his absence) will certainly be answered.
Every time he makes a supplication for good for his brother, the angel appointed for this particular task says:
'Ameen!(May it be for you too!)(Reported by Sahih Muslim)

14.To ask Allah directly and even for small things

Narrated Anas ibn Malik [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said,
"Let one of you ask his Rabb(Lord) for all that he needs, even for the thong of his sandal when it is cut."
He added in a version from Thabit al-Bunani in mursal form, "even asking Him for salt, and even asking Him for his thong when
it is cut." Tirmidhi transmitted it.

Abdullah bin Abbas [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him] relates: One day I was riding along with
the Apostle [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam], sitting behind him. He said: O boy! I will teach you some words,
(which are): Guard the Commands of Allah (by obeying them) and Allah will save you (from the mischief of the world and the Hereafter). Always remember Allah and you will find Him near you. When you have to ask for anything, ask only Allah...........Reported by Tirmidhi(Authenticated by Albani in Sahih Sunan At-Tirmidhi)

15.To face the Qiblah

Umar ibn Khattab [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him] reports: On the day of Badr,
Messenger of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] looked at Mushrikeen (Polythesits) of Makkah,
they were one thousand while his companions were three hundred ninteen. He faced the Qiblah and
raised his hands and called (cried) out to his Lord....(Reported by Sahih Muslim)

16.Call in secret;

17.Observing humbleness and humilty during du'a':

( Invoke your Lord Tadarru`an and Khufyah. He likes not the aggressors.)
( And do not do mischief on the earth, after it has been set in order, and invoke Him with fear and hope.
Surely, Allah's mercy is (ever) near unto the good-doers.) Surat Al-A`raf (Chapter - 7):Ayat(verse)55-56

Allah commands His servants to supplicate to Him, for this will ensure their welfare in this life and the Hereafter. Allah said,

(Invoke your Lord Tadarru`an and Khufyah) meaning, in humbleness and humility.

Allah said in a similar Ayah,

( And remember your Lord within yourself, humbly and with fear and without loudness in words in the mornings
and in the afternoons, and be not of those who are neglectful). Surat Al-A`raf (Chapter - 7):Ayat(verse)205

(humbly and with fear) meaning, remember your Lord in secret, not loudly, with eagerness and fear. This is why Allah said next,

(and without loudness in words). Therefore, it is recommended that remembering Allah in Dhikr (Rememberance) is not
performed in a loud voice.

(And remember your Lord within yourself) [7:205]

Ibn Jarir said that,
(Tadarru`an), means obeying Him in humility and humbleness,

(and Khufyah), with the humbleness in your hearts and certainty of His Oneness and Lordship not supplicating loudly to show off.

Allah tells us of His servant Zakariyya [‘alayeh-salam:Peace be upon him], who asked Allah to grant him a son,
in old age, who would be a Prophet after him:

(When he called his Lord [with] a call in secret.)Surah Maryam (Chapter - 19) :Ayah(verse)3

He only made his supplication secretly because it is more beloved to Allah. This is similar to what Qatadah said
concerning this Ayah,

(When he called out his Lord [with] a call in secret. ) ``Verily, Allah knows the pious heart and he hears the hidden voice.''

Abu Musa [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him] reports, we were accompanying
the Messenger of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] in a journey. People started reciting the Takbir loudly.
The Messenger of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: Be kind to yourselves; (i.e., lower your voices)
because you are not calling on any deaf or absent person, but calling on Him Who listens, Who is near you,
(wherever you be and whatever the time; due to His Knowledge and Divine Power) and with you. (Reported by Sahih Muslim)

[Explanation:Allah is over the Throne('Arsh) (which is) above the (seventh) heaven. As Allah says:
"The Most Beneficent(Allah) Istawa (rose over) the (Mighty) Throne (in a manner that suits His Majesty)." (V.20:5)
(that is: He raised Himslef above it).

The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: "Allah wrote (all things) in a Book before He created the creation .......
it is with Him above the Throne." (Bukhari)
Allah is with us through His Knowledge. He hears and sees, as He says: He (Allah) said: Fear not,
Verily! I am with you both, Hearing and Seeing." (V.20:46) ]

18.With hope and fear:

Allah tells us of His servant Zakariyya[‘alayeh-salam:Peace be upon him],

Verily, they used to hasten on to do good deeds, and they used to call on Us with hope and fear,
and they were Khashi`in before Us.) Surat Al-Anbiya (Chapter - 21):Ayat(verse)90

(Verily, they used to hasten on to do good deeds,) means, acts of worship and acts of obedience towards Allah.

(and they used to call on Us with hope and fear,) Ath-Thawri said, ``Hoping for that (reward) which is with Us
and fearing that (punishment) which is with Us.'' They were not heedless,unmindful, inattentive and neither
proud nor haughty;but they were earnest and hoping from Him;calling Him in times of ease and comfort;and in difficulty and distress.

(and they were Khashi`in before Us.) `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported from Ibn `Abbas that this means,
sincerely believing in that which was revealed by Allah. Mujahid said: ``Truly believing.''
Abu Al-`Aliyah said: ``Fearing.'' Abu Sinan said: ``Khushu` means the fear which should never leave our hearts.''
It was also reported from Mujahid that the Khashi`in are those who are humble.''
Al-Hasan, Qatadah and Ad-Dahhak said, ``The Khashi`in are those who humble themselves before Allah.''
All of these suggestions are close in meaning.

It is said,that Abu Bakr [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him] said in one of his khutba (sermon):
"O people, I advise you to have taqwa of Allah, and praise and extol Him that suits Him, and invoking Him with
longing (hope) and fear (awe), and to be insistence in supplications. No doubt, Allah ['azuwajal] praised Zakariyaa
and his family and said:

Verily, they used to hasten on to do good deeds, and they used to call on Us with hope and fear,
and they were Khashi`in before Us.) Surat Al-Anbiya (Chapter - 21):Ayat(verse)90

Allah says in Quran:

15. Only those believe in Our Ayat, who, when they are reminded of them, fall down prostrate,
and glorify the praises of their Lord, and they are not proud.) (16. Their sides forsake their beds,
to invoke their Lord in fear and hope, and they spend out of what We have bestowed on them.)
(17. No person knows what is kept hidden for them of delights of eyes as a reward for what they used to do.)
Surah Alif Lam Mim As-Sajdah (Chapter - 32)

This is the end of Manners of making du'a' and all praise and thanks are due to
Allah.

References:
1.Al-Bukhari :Name of book of Hadith, which is known for its authenticity and correctness.
2.Riyadh-us-Saliheen; Abu Zakariya Yahya bin Sharaf an-nuwi damishqi
3.Sahih Muslim
4.Tafsir al-Qur'an al-Adtheem by Ibn Kathir (The exegesis of the great Qur'an).
5.Tirmidhi(Name of book of Hadith)

Footnote (Explanation) :
SAAW: Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam, i.e. the Salat of Allah and His Salaam (Peace) be upon Prophet Muhammad.
The Salat of Allah upon Prophet Muhammad is His Praise and mentioning of the Prophet to the angels in the Most High place in Heaven.

alhamdulilaah
08-22-2011, 02:32 PM

Sentences through which supplication is listened

Supplicating to Allah using His Greatest Name, when asked with this name He
gives, and when supplicated by this name he answers.

Narrated Buraydah ibn al-Hasib [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with
him]:The Apostle of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] heard a man saying:
Allhumma inni asaluka biannaka antaAllahu-la-ilah-illa anta-al-ahad as-Samad
al-ladhi lam yalid wa lam youlad. Wa lam yakullahu kufwan Ahad. (O Allah, I
ask You, as You are Allaah, none has the right to be worshipped except You,
The One, As-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master), He begets not nor was He
begotten, equal to Him is not anyone.), and he said: You have supplicated
Allah using His Greatest Name, when asked with this name He gives, and when
supplicated by this name he answers. Reported by Tirmidhi and Abu Dawood.

Explanation:As-Samad means The Self-Sufficient Master, Possessor of perfect
attributes whom all of creation turn to in all their needs.

Transliteration of dua':Allhumma inni asaluka biannaka
antaAllahu-la-ilah-illa anta-al-ahad as-Samad al-ladhi lam yalid wa lam
youlad. Wa lam yakullahu kufwan Ahad.

Narrated Anas ibn Malik [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]
I was sitting with the Apostle of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] and a
man was offering prayer. He then made supplication: "Allhumma inni asaluka
bianna lakal hamd la ilah illa antal-hanan-al-manan badiussamawati wal-ard
ya dhal jalali wal-ikram ya hayyu ya qayyum asaluka" (O Allah, I ask You as
unto You is all praise, none has the right to be worshipped except You, the
most Kind, the Most Bounteous, Originator of the Heavens and the Earth, O
Possessor of Majesty and honour, O Ever Living, O Self-Subsisting and
Supporter of all.) The Prophet (peace be upon him) then said: He has
supplicated Allah using His Greatest Name, when supplicated by this name, He
answers, and when asked by this name He gives. Reported by Tirmidhi and Abu
Dawood

Transliteration of dua':Allhumma inni asaluka bianna lakal hamd la ilah illa
antal-hanan-al-manan badiussamawati wal-ard ya dhal jalali wal-ikram ya
hayyu ya qayyum asaluka

Explanation:Hanan means the love for affection and tenderness (towards
others).The word Hanan has been used in Qur'an when Allah (Ta'la) mentions
Prophet Yahya (alaihis salaam:Peace be upon him):

Allah said,
(And (made him) Hananan from Us,) Surah Maryam [19:13] Ali bin Abi Talhah
reported that Ibn `Abbas said,
(And Hananan from Us, ) ``This means mercy from Us.'' `Ikrimah, Qatadah and
Ad-Dahhak all said the same. Ad-Dahhak added, ``Mercy that no one would be
able to give except Us.'' Qatadah added, ``With it, Allah had mercy upon
Zakariyya.'' Mujahid said,
(And Hananan from Us,) ``This was gentleness from His Lord upon him.''

Allah's Greatest Name is in Ayat Al-Kursi

Imam Ahmad recorded that Asma' bint Yazid bin As-Sakan [Radi Allahu anha :
May Allah be pleased with her] said, ``I heard the Messenger of Allah [Salla
Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] say about these two Ayat,

(Allah! None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever Living, the One
Who sustains and protects all that exists) [2:255], and,

(Alif-Lam-Mim. Allah! None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever
Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists) [3:1-2],
(They contain Allah's Greatest Name.)

This is also the narration collected by Abu Dawud, At-Tirmidhi and Ibn
Majah, and At-Tirmidhi said, ``Hasan Sahih''.
Further, Ibn Marduwyah recorded that Abu Umamah [Radi Allahu anhu : May
Allah be pleased with him] reported that the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi
Wassalam] said,

(Allah's Greatest Name, if He was supplicated with it, He answers the
supplication, is in three Surahs - Al-Baqarah, Al `Imran and Ta-Ha.)

Hisham bin `Ammar, the Khatib (orator) of Damascus (one of the narrators in
the above narration), said, ``As for Al-Baqarah, it is in,

Who sustains and protects all that exists) [2:255]; in Al `Imran, it is in,

Who sustains and protects all that exists) [2:255]; in Al `Imran, it is in,

(Alif-Lam-Mim. Allah! None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever
Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists) [3:1-2], while in
Ta-Ha, it is in,

(And (all) faces shall be humbled before (Allah), the Ever Living, the One
Who sustains and protects all that exists) [20:111].'' [Tafsir al-Quraan
al-adtheem;Ibn Kathir]

Dua of Yunus (Jonah) in the belly of fish ; If any Muslim supplicates with
this prayer, Allah will answer it.

"But he cried through the darkness (saying): La ilaha illa Anta [none has
the right to be worshipped but You (O, Allah), Glorified (and Exalted) be
You [above all that (evil) they associate with You]. Truly, I have been of
the wrong-doers.So We answered his call, and delivered him from the
distress. And thus We do deliver the believers (who believe in the Oneness
of Allâh, abstain from evil and work righteousness).." [Surat Al-Anbiya'
(The Prophets) 21;verses 87-88]

Narrated Sa'd [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]
Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, No Muslim will
supplicate Allah for anything and fail to receive an answer when he uses
Dhun-Nun's supplication when he was in the belly of the fish: "La ilaha illa
Anta Subhanaka inni kuntu minaz zalimin" (There is no god but Thee to whom
be the glory. I was indeed a wrongdoer.)
Ahmad and Tirmidhi transmitted it.

Transliteration of dua': La ilaha illa Anta Subhanaka inni kuntu minaz
zalimin

Whoever gets up at night and says

Narrated Ubada bin As Samit [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with
him]
The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam](said), "Whoever gets up at night
and says: 'La ilaha il-lallah Wahdahu la Sharika lahu Lahu-l-mulk,
waLahu-l-hamd wahuwa 'ala kullishai'in Qadir. Alhamdu lil-lahi wa
subhanal-lahi wa la-ilaha il-lal-lah wa-l-lahu akbar wa la hawla Wala Quwata
il-la-bil-lah.' (None has the right to be worshipped but Allah. He is the
Only One and has no partners. For Him is the Kingdom and all the praises are
due for Him. He is Omnipotent. All the praises are for Allah. All the
glories are for Allah. And none has the right to be worshipped but Allah,
And Allah is Great And there is neither Might nor Power Except with Allah),
and then says: 'Allahumma, Ighfir li' (O Allah! Forgive me), or invokes
(Allah), he will be responded to and if he performs ablution (and prays),
his prayer will be accepted." Bukhari;Classification:Tahjjud Prayer:Offering
prayer at night in loud voice

Calling Him through His name:

Narrated Mu'adh ibn Jabal [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]
The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] heard a man saying, "Ya
Dhal-Jalali wal-Ikram" (O Possessor of majesty and (honour) splendour), and
said, "Your prayer is answered, so make a request."
Tirmidhi transmitted it.

Dua through which Allah removes one's affliction and replaces it with joy
and happiness

Narrated Ibn Mas'ud [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]
reported that the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "If any
servant of Allah afflicted with distress or grief makes this supplication,
his supplication will be accepted: Allahumma inni 'abduka, ibnu 'abdika,
ibnu amatika, nasiyatee biyadika, madin fiyya hukmuka, adlun fiyya qada'uka,
as'aluka bikulli ismin huwa laka, sammaita bihi nafsaka, aw anzaltahu fee
kitabika, aw 'allamtahu ahadan min khalqika, awista'tharta bihi fee 'ilmil
ghaibi indaka, an taj'alal Qurana rabee'a qalbi, wa nura sadri, wa jala'a
huzni, wa dhababa hammi'(O Allah, I am Your servant, son of Your servant,
son of your maidservant. My fate (Arabic:Nasiyah, forelock/forehead)] is in
Your hands. Your Judgment on me has already passed, and Your ordainment for
me is just. I ask You by every name of Yours with which You have named
Yourself, or revealed it in Your book, or taught it to any of Your slaves,
or which You have chosen to keep in the knowledge of the unseen with You, to
make the Qur'an the spring of my heart, the light of my chest, and the
removal of my sadness and the departure of my worries.)" A supplication in
these words will be answered. Allah will remove one's affliction and replace
it with joy and happiness.The companions [Radi Allahu anhuma : May Allah be
pleased with them] asked: O Allah's Messenger!Shouldn't we learn (memorize)
this supplication (dua')? Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam]
said: Why not, Every listener should learn (memorize)[this dua
(supplication)].
(Reported by Ahmad and Ibn Hibban)

Transliteration of dua:
Allahumma inni 'abduka, ibnu 'abdika, ibnu amatika, nasiyatee biyadika,
madin fiyya hukmuka, adlun fiyya qada'uka, as'aluka bikulli ismin huwa laka,
sammaita bihi nafsaka, aw anzaltahu fee kitabika, aw 'allamtahu ahadan min
khalqika, awista'tharta bihi fee 'ilmil ghaibi indaka, an taj'alal Qurana
rabee'a qalbi, wa nura sadri, wa jala'a huzni, wa dhababa hammi.

This is the end of "Sentences through which supplication is listened" and
all praise and thanks are due to Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alhamdulilaah
08-23-2011, 02:56 PM

Times when Du'a' (Supplication) is heard (by Allah) most:

1.At the last part of night:

Narrated Abu Huraira [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
Allah's Apostle [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "Our Rabb (Lord), the Blessed, the Superior, comes every night down on the nearest Heaven to us when the last third of the night remains, saying: 'Is there anyone to invoke Me, so that I may respond to invocation? Is there anyone to ask Me, so that I may grant him his request? Is there anyone seeking My forgiveness, so that I may forgive him?'

Sahih Al-Bukhari:Tahajjud Prayer: Invoking Allah during last hours of night

Narrated Amr ibn Abasah [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: Allah is nearest to His servant in midst of the later part of the night and if you are able to be amongst those who remember Allah at that hour, do so.
Transmitted by Tirmidhi and he said: This is a hasan sahih gharib hadith.

Narrated Abi Saeed and Abu Huraira [Radi Allahu anhuma : May Allah be pleased with them]: Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said

Allah (glorified and exalted be He) postpones until when there the last third of the night is gone, each night to the earth's sky, and He says: Is there any musthagfir (one who is seeking forgiveness)? Is there any Taib (one who is repenting)? Is there any Sa'il (one who is asking)? Is there any one who is supplicating? And thus He continues till [the light of] dawn (fajr) shines. Reported by Muslim.

2.Between the Adhan and Iqamah:

Narrated Anas bin Malik [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said du'a' (supplication) between the Adhan and the Iqamah will never be rejected, so supplicate (at that time). Reported by Ibn Khuzaimah.

3.During Prostration (Sujud):

Narrated AbuHurayrah[Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
The Messenger of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: The nearest a servant comes to his Rabb (Lord) is when he is prostrating himself, so supplicate much (in this state). Reported by Sahih Muslim.

4.On Friday:

Narrated Abu Huraira [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
Allah's Apostle [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] talked about Friday and said,
"There is an hour (opportune time) on Friday and if a Muslim gets it while praying and asks something from Allah, then Allah will definitely meet his demand." And he (the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] ) pointed out the shortness of that time with his hands. Reported by Al-Bukhari.

5.After Adhan (call for prayer):
6.In war when Muslims and Kafirs (disbelievers) are in combat with each other:

Narrated Sahl ibn Sa'd [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: Two (supplications/prayers) are not rejected, or seldom rejected: At the time of the call to prayer, and (the prayer) at the time of fighting, when the people grapple with each other(when soldiers are in combat with each other). Reported by Abu Dawood.

7.When it is raining:

Narrated Sahl ibn Sa'd [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: Two (supplications/prayers) are not rejected, or seldom rejected:At the time of the
call to prayer and while it is raining.Reported by Hakim.A sahih Hadith

8.On the day of 'Arafah:

Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "The best supplication is the one on the day of Arafah, and the best thing which I and the prophets before me have said is, 'There is no god but Allah alone who has no partner; to Him belongs the dominion, to Him praise is due, and He is Omnipotent'."

Tirmidhi transmitted it, and Malik transmitted on the authority of Talhah ibn Ubaydullah up to "Who has no partner."

9.On the night of Friday:

Narrated Ibn Abbas [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him] the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said to Ali [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased withhim] that there is a time on Friday night at which du'a' (supplication) is listened. Transmitted by At-Tirmidhi.

10.During the day or night, for the one who repents:

Narrated AbuMusa [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
Allah's Apostle [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, stretches out His Hand during the night so that the people repent for the fault committed from dawn till dusk and He stretches out His Hand during the day so that the people may repent for the fault committed from dusk to dawn (He would accept repentance) before the sun rises in the west (before the Day of Resurrection). [Reported by Sahih Muslim]

11.When one drinks from Zamzam water:

Narrated Jaber bin Abdullah[Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:that the Messenger of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "The water of Zamzam is good for whatever one intends (while drinking it)."[Reported by Ibn Majah]

Ibn 'Abbas [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him] used to say, when he drank Zamzam water; "O Allah! I ask you a knowledge which is of benefit to me, affluent provision and a cure from every disease."

When 'Abd-Allaah ibn al-Mubaarak went for Hajj, he came to Zamzam and said, "O Allaah, Ibn Abi'l-Mawaali told us from Muhammad ibn al-Munkadir from Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) that Your Prophet sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam said, 'The water of Zamzam is for whatever it is drunk for.' I am drinking it to ward off thirst on the Day of Resurrection." Ibn Abi'l-Mawaali is thiqah (trustworthy) so the hadeeth is hasan (good).

This is the end of "Times when Du'a' (Supplication) is heard (by Allah) most" and all praise and thanks are due to Allah.

marwen
08-23-2011, 04:13 PM
A very beneficial thread mashaAllah! Jazakum Allahu Khayran.

alhamdulilaah
08-25-2011, 01:43 PM
Wa iyak brother Marwen,

May Allah make us among those who ask Him excessively, ameen.

alhamdulilaah
08-25-2011, 02:58 PM

Those whose supplication is listened

26. And He answers those who believe and do righteous good deeds, and gives them increase of His bounty. Surat Ash-Shura (Chapter - 42)

(And He answers those who believe and do righteous good deeds,) As-Suddi said, ``This means, He responds to them.'' This was also the view of Ibn Jarir: ``It means that He answers their supplication for themselves, their companions and their brothers.''
(and gives them increase of His bounty.) means, He answers their supplications and gives them more besides. Qatadah said, narrating from Ibrahim An-Nakha`i Al-Lakhmi about the Ayah:
(And He answers those who believe and do righteous good deeds,) -- (this means) they intercede for their brothers;
(and gives them increase of His bounty.) -- (this means) they intercede for their brothers' brothers.

1) The Du'a' of the oppressed is listened
Anas Ibn Malik [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
reported that : the Messenger of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said,
"Beware of the Du'a' of the oppressed, even he is an unbeliever, since there
is no screen between it and Allah." Reported by Ahmad.

2) The Du'a' of the traveller is listened

3) The Du'a' of father is listened

Narrated by AbuHurayrah [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]
The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: Three supplications are answered,
there being no doubt about them; that of one who has been wronged,that of a traveller and that of a father for his son.Reported by Ibn Majah.

4) The Du'a' of of one who fights in the way of Allah is listened
5) The Du'a' of those who perform Hajj and umrah

Ibn 'Umar [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him] reported that
: the Messenger of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said,
"The Mujahid (one who fights in the way of Allah), and those who perform Hajj or
'Umrah are the deputies of Allah. He called them and they answered His Call.
They asked of Him and He gave them." Reported by Ibn Majah.

6) The Du'a' of a Muslim for Another Muslim in his Absence Allah praises those believers who supplicate for the believers who have preceded:
"And those who came after them say: `Our Rubb! Forgive us and our brethren who have preceded us in Faith.''' (59:10)
Allah, the Exalted, says:
"And ask forgiveness for your sin, and also for (the sin of) believing men and believing women''. (47:19)
"Our Rubb! Forgive me and my parents, and (all) the believers on the Day when the reckoning will be established.'' (14: 41)

Narrated by Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-'As [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: The supplication which gets the
quickest answer is that made by one distant Muslim for another. Reported by Tirmidhi and Abu Dawuud.

Safwan ibn 'Abdallah reported, "I visited Abu Darda's house in Syria. I did
not find him there but Umm Darda was present at the house. She asked, 'Do
you intend to perform Hajj during this year?' I replied, 'Yes.' She said,
'Do supplicate Allah for us, for Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] used
to say, "The supplication of a Muslim for his brother in his absence is
accepted when he makes a supplication for khair (good,blessings) for his brother, and the
commissioned Angel says, 'Ameen wa laka bi mithal (May it be for you too!)" He (Safwan) said: I went to the market and met Abu Darda and he narrated a similar report from Allah' s
Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] . (Reported by Muslim, Kitubu-dhikr wa-dua' watauba walisthighfar, baab fadul-aldua' lil muslimeen bizhar alghaib, and Abu Daw'ud)

Two points to note here:

1) Umm Darda said: ( kana alnabi [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] yaqul )
(The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] used to say)
yaqul is imperfect tense (f 'ail-mazar'a) , with the use of word (kana) comes the meaning of (continuous), meaning the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said it many times, it means it has been repeated and repetition indicates the stress on this point.

2) Two types of people benefit from the dua' of angel:

First type are those in whose absence a muslim supplicates for them, as for this dua' the commissioned angel says: "Ameen" meaning " O Allah! accept his dua' for absent brother.

Second type of people are those who supplicate for their absent brother for the commissioned angel after saying ameen for their dua', says ( wa laka bi mithalih) meaning May Allah ta'la give you the same thing that you have asked for your brother.

Imam Ibn Haban (may Allah have mercy on him) in his book Sahih Ibn Haban has given this title for one of the contents:

(Supplicating much in this hope that dua' (supplication) for both is listened.)

Imam Nuwi says : This shows the virtue of supplicating for absent brother, and one can gain same benefit if one supplicates for a group of muslims, and it seems if one supplicates for all muslims then one can reach same benefit also.

Qadi Iyad says: From the Salaf (pious predecessor), there used to be some who when intended to supplicate for themselves, they would supplicate the same dua' for their absent brother as this dua' is listened, and the angel supplicates the same dua' for the one who supplicates for his absent brother.

Hafiz Dhabi relates from Umm Darda that Abu Darda had 360 friends in faith (brothers in Islam) for whom he used to supplicate. His wife asked him about this, he said:
"Should I not long that angels supplicate for me?"

7) The Du'a' of righteous children for their parents is listened
It is Allah's grace and favor that He grants His favor to parents on account of their offspring invoking Allah for them. Imam Ahmad recorded that Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him, said that the Messenger of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said,

(Verily, Allah shall elevate the grade of a righteous servant in Paradise, who will ask, ``O Lord! How did I earn this'' Allah will reply, ``Through your son's invoking Me to forgive you.'') This Hadith has an authentic chain of narration, but it was not recorded in the Sahih this way. However, there is a witnessing narration for it in Sahih Muslim, from the Hadith of Abu Hurayrah, may Allah be pleased with him,who said that the Messenger of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said,

(When the Son of Adam dies, his record of deeds will cease except in three cases: an ongoing charity, knowledge that people are benefiting from and a righteous son who invokes Allah for him.)

8) The Du'a' of one who supplicates at times of ease is listened in times of difficulty

Narrated by AbuHurayrah [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam], said, "If anyone finds pleasure in receiving an answer from Allah in times of difficulty, he should make many supplications when times are easy."

Tirmidhi transmitted it, saying this is a gharib tradition.

9) The Du'a' of fasting person

Narrated by AbuHurayrah [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]
The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: There are three whose
supplications are answered, a fasting person, that of one who has been wronged and that of a traveller .Reported by Baihaqi.

10) The Du'a' of a patient

Narrated by Ibn Abbas [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: Five Supplications are listened 1) dua of one who has been wronged (oppressed) untill he is helped, 2) dua of one who performs hajj untill he returns (back home), 3) dua of Mujahid untill he finishes from jihad, 4) dua of patient until he is well, 5) dua of brother for another brother in his absence, Then he (the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam]) said: the most listened of these supplications is the dua of a brother for a brother in his absence. Reported by Tirmidhi.

11) The Du'a' of a fasting person, a just imam and one who has been wronged

Narrated by Abu Hurayrah [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "There are three whose
supplication is not rejected: one who has just ended a fast, a just imam,
and one who has been wronged whose supplication is raised by Allah above the
clouds and for which the gates of Heaven are opened. The Lord says, 'I swear
by My might that I shall certainly help you, though it be after some time.'"
Tirmidhi transmitted it.

12) The Du'a of Mudtar (desperate one)

Allah (Subhana wa ta'la) says:

أَمَّن يُجِيبُ الْمُضْطَرَّ إِذَا دَعَاهُ

" Is He [not best] who responds to the desperate one when he calls upon Him " (Surah An-Naml [The ant], 27:62)

This is the end of "Those whose supplication are listened by Allah" and all praise and thanks are due to
Allah.

References:
1.Riyadh-us-Saliheen; Abu Zakariya Yahya bin Sharaf an-nuwi damishqi

2.Sahih Muslim
3.Tafsir al-Qur'an al-Adtheem by Ibn Kathir (The exegesis of the great Qur'an).
4.Tirmidhi(Name of book of Hadith)
5. At-tadawi bid-dua by Hasan bin ahmed Hasan Hamam
6. Prayers of angels by Dr.Fadhl-ilahi

alhamdulilaah
09-14-2011, 05:06 PM

Those whose supplication is not listened

1) Allah does not answer the supplication of the one whose food, drink and clothing are unlawful

Narrated AbuHurayrah [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him] Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said:
(O people, Allah is Tayyib (Good) and only accepts that which is Tayyib (good), and Allah commands the believers as He had commanded the Messengers by saying:
O (you) Messengers! Eat of the Tayyibat [all kinds of Halal foods which Allah has made lawful (meat of slaughtered eatable animals, milk products, fats, vegetables, fruits)] and do righteous deeds.Verily, I am Well-Acquainted with what you do. [23:51]
and
O you who believe (in the Oneness of Allah ـ Islamic Monotheism)! Eat of the lawful things that We have provided you with [2:172].

He then made a mention of a person who travels widely, his hair dishevelled and covered with dust. He lifts his hand towards the sky (and thus makes the supplication):
"O Lord, O Lord," whereas his diet is unlawful, his drink is unlawful, and his clothes are unlawful and his nourishment is unlawful. How can then his supplication be accepted?
Sahih Muslim Hadith

Explanation:
Ibn Kathir explains:Allah commands His believing servants to eat from the pure things that He has created for them and to thank Him for it, if they are truly His servants. Eating from pure sources is a cause for the acceptance of supplications and acts of worship, just as eating from impure sources prevents the acceptance of supplications and acts of worship.

2) Allah does not answer a supplication that involves sin or cutting the relations of the womb

Narrated by AbuSa'id al-Khudri [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]: The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "Any Muslim who makes a supplication containing nothing which is sinful or which involves breaking ties of relationship will be given for it by Allah one of three things: He will give him swift answer, or store it up for him in the next world, or turn away from him an equivalent amount of evil." Those who heard it said they would then make many supplications and he replied that Allah was more ready to answer than they were to ask.
Ahmad transmitted it.

3) Allah does not answer a supplication which comes from a careless and inattentive heart

Narrated AbuHurayrah [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "Supplicate Allah when you are assured of being answered, and know that Allah does not answer a supplication which comes from a careless and inattentive heart." Tirmidhi transmitted it, saying this is a gharib tradition.

4) Allah does not answer the supplication of one who commits Zina (fornication and adultery)[until one who repents and turns to Allah] and one who takes tax forcefully

Narrated by Abi al-'As Thaqfi [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: Doors of heaven are opened at midnight and a caller calls: "Is there any supplicator that his supplication be listened, is there any one who is asking that he be answered , is there any who is in difficulty (who supplicates for relief) that his difficulty is removed. Allah (azzuwa jal) listens to supplication of every Muslim supplicator , except a fornicator who satisfies (men) with her private parts and who takes tax forcefully. Reported by At-Tabarani;(Silsilah-ahadith-sahih)

4) When there aren't people left who enjoin (on the people) Al-Ma`ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); then Allah will not accept their supplication

Imam Ahmad recorded that Hudhayfah bin Al-Yaman said that the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said,
(By He in Whose Hand is my soul! You will enjoin righteousness (Al-Ma`ruf) and forbid evil (Al-Munkar ), or Allah will send a punishment on you from Him. Then, you will supplicate to Him, but He will not accept your supplication.)
At-Tirmidhi also recorded it and said, ``This Hadith is Hasan.''

Allah says in Qur'an:

78.Those among the Children of Israel who disbelieved were cursed by the tongue of Dawud (David) and `Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). That was because they disobeyed (Allah and the Messengers) and were ever transgressing beyond bounds.79.They used not to forbid one another from Al-Munkar (wrong, evildoing, sins, polytheism, disbelief) which they committed. Vile indeed was what they used to do.
Surat Al-Ma'idah (The Table spread with Food) Surah no.5

Allah says about Children of Israel that during their time, their habit was that,
(They used not to forbid one another from the evil they committed.)
They did not forbid each other from committing sins and the prohibitions. Allah chastised them for this behavior, so that their behavior would not be imitated.

Allah says in Qur'an, about believers :

110.You (true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] and his Sunnah) are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma`ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden), and you believe in Allah.
Surat Al-`Imran (The Family of Imran) Surah no.3

71.The believers, men and women, are Auliya' (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another; they enjoin (on the people) Al-Ma`ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); they perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give the Zakat, and obey Allah and His Messenger. Allah will have His Mercy on them. Surely, Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.
Surat At-Taubah (The Repentance) Surah no.9

112.(The believers whose lives Allah has purchased are) those who turn to Allah in repentance (from polytheism and hypocrisy), who worship (Him), who praise (Him), who fast (or go out in Allah's Cause), who bow down (in prayer), who prostrate themselves (in prayer), who enjoin (on people) Al-Ma`ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all what Islam has ordained) and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism of all kinds and all that Islam has forbidden), and who observe the limits set by Allah (do all that Allah has ordained and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which Allah has forbidden). And give glad tidings to the believers.

Allah says about the Hypocrites, in the Qur'an:

67.The hypocrites, men and women, are one from another; they enjoin (on the people) Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief and polytheism of all kinds and all that Islam has forbidden), and forbid (people) from Al-Ma`ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and they close their hands [from giving (spending in Allah's Cause) alms]. They have forgotten Allah, so He has forgotten them. Verily, the hypocrites are the Fasiqun (rebellious, disobedient to Allah).

This is the end of "Those whose supplication is not listened " and all praise and thanks are due to
Allah.

alhamdulilaah
09-29-2011, 06:17 PM

Matters that are allowed while supplicating

1.To supplicate for one who requested

Narrated by Anas [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
My mother said, "O Allah's Apostle [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam]! Please invoke Allah on behalf of your servant." He said, "O Allah! Increase his wealth and children, and bestow Your Blessing on whatever You give him."
Reported by Sahih bukhari

2.To supplicate against disbelievers

Narrated by Abdullah bin Masud [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
Once the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] was offering prayers at the Ka'ba. Abu Jahl was sitting with some of his companions. One of them said to the others, "Who amongst you will bring the abdominal contents (intestines, etc.) of a camel of Bani so and so and put it on the back of Muhammad [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam], when he prostrates?" The most unfortunate of them got up and brought it. He waited till the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] prostrated and then placed it on his back between his shoulders. I was watching but could not do any thing. I wish I had some people with me to hold out against them. They started laughing and falling on one another. Allah's Apostle [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] was in prostration and he did not lift his head up till Fatima [Radi Allahu anha : May Allah be pleased with her] (Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] 's daughter) came and threw that (camel's abdominal contents) away from his back. He raised his head and said thrice, "O Allah! Punish Quraish." So it was hard for Abu Jahl and his companions when the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] invoked Allah against them as they had a conviction that the prayers and invocations were accepted in this city (Mecca). The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "O Allah! Punish Abu Jahl, 'Utba bin Rabi'a, Shaiba bin Rabi'a, Al-Walid bin 'Utba, Umaiya bin Khalaf, and 'Uqba bin Al Mu'it (and he mentioned the seventh whose name I cannot recall). By Allah in Whose Hands my life is, I saw the dead bodies of those persons who were counted by Allah's Apostle [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] in the Qalib (one of the wells) of Badr.

3.To supplicate for the guidance of disbelievers

Narrated by Abu Huraira [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:

Tufail bin 'Amr Ad-Dausi and his companions came to the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] and said, "O Allah's Apostle! The people of the tribe of Daus disobeyed and refused to follow you; so invoke Allah against them." The people said, "The tribe of Daus is ruined." The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "O Allah! Give guidance to the people of Daus, and let them embrace Islam."

Narrated by Abu Huraira [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:

At-Tufail bin 'Amr came to Allah's Apostle [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] and said, "O Allah's Apostle! The tribe of Daus has disobeyed (Allah and His Apostle) and refused (to embrace Islam), therefore, invoke Allah's wrath for them." The people thought that the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] would invoke Allah's wrath for them, but he said, "O Allah! Guide the tribe Of Daus and let them come to us."

4.To supplicate with Allah's Greatest Name, Allah's beautiful names and attributes.

"And (all) the Most Beautiful Names belong to Allah, so call on Him by them,.."
Surat Al-A`raf [The Heights (or The Wall with Elevations)] VII (7:180)

Narrated Abdullah bin Buraydah [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with
him]:The Apostle of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] heard a man saying:
Allhumma inni asaluka biannaka antaAllahu-la-ilah-illa anta-al-ahad as-Samad
al-ladhi lam yalid wa lam youlad. Wa lam yakullahu kufwan Ahad. (O Allah, I
ask You, as You are Allaah, none has the right to be worshipped except You,
The One, As-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master), He begets not nor was He
begotten, equal to Him is not anyone.), and he said: You have supplicated
Allah using His Greatest Name, when asked with this name He gives, and when
supplicated by this name he answers. Reported by Tirmidhi and Abu Dawood.

Explanation:As-Samad means The Self-Sufficient Master, Possessor of perfect
attributes whom all of creation turn to in all their needs.

Anas [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him] said that when the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] was faced with a serious difficulty, he would always supplicate, "Yã hayyu yã qayyumu, bi-rahmatica 'astagheethu O' Living [a life not followed by death]. O Sustainer, in your Mercy I plead for rescue. . (Tirmidhi)

5.To supplicate through one's performed good deeds.

Narrated by Ibn Umar [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
Allah's Apostle [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said, "Once three persons (from the previous nations) were traveling, and suddenly it started raining and they took shelter in a cave. The entrance of the cave got closed while they were inside. They said to each other, 'O you! Nothing can save you except the truth, so each of you should ask Allah's help by referring to such a deed as he thinks he did sincerely (i.e. just for gaining Allah's pleasure).'

So one of them said, 'O Allah! You know that I had a laborer who worked for me for one Faraq (i.e. three Sas) of rice, but he departed, leaving it (i.e. his wages). I sowed that Faraq of rice and with its yield I bought cows (for him). Later on when he came to me asking for his wages, I said (to him), 'Go to those cows and drive them away.' He said to me, 'But you have to pay me only a Faraq of rice,' I said to him, 'Go to those cows and take them, for they are the product of that Faraq (of rice).' So he drove them. O Allah! If you consider that I did that for fear of You, then please remove the rock.' The rock shifted a bit from the mouth of the cave.

The second one said, 'O Allah, You know that I had old parents whom I used to provide with the milk of my sheep every night. One night I was delayed and when I came, they had slept, while my wife and children were crying with hunger. I used not to let them (i.e. my family) drink unless my parents had drunk first. So I disliked to wake them up and also disliked that they should sleep without drinking it, I kept on waiting (for them to wake) till it dawned. O Allah! If You consider that I did that for fear of you, then please remove the rock.' So the rock shifted and they could see the sky through it.

The (third) one said, 'O Allah! You know that I had a cousin (i.e. my paternal uncle's daughter) who was most beloved to me and I sought to seduce her, but she refused, unless I paid her one-hundred Dinars (i.e. gold pieces). So I collected the amount and brought it to her, and she allowed me to sleep with her. But when I sat between her legs, she said, 'Be afraid of Allah, and do not deflower me but legally. 'I got up and left the hundred Dinars (for her). O Allah! If You consider that I did that for fear of you then please remove the rock. So Allah saved them and they came out (of the cave)."

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith

(This Hadith indicates that one can only ask Allah for help directly or through his performed good deeds. But to ask Allah through dead or absent prophets, saints, spirits, holy men, angels etc. is absolutely forbidden in Islam and it is a kind of disbelief.)

6.To ask a righteous person (one who is alive) to supplicate

Narrated by Anas [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:
Whenever there was drought, 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (radi Allahu anhu) used to ask Allah for rain through Al 'Abbas bin 'Abdul Muttalib (Radi Allahu anhu) , saying, "O Allah! We used to request our Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] to ask You for rain, and You would give us. Now we request the uncle of our Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] to ask You for rain, so give us rain." And they would be given rain."
Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith

This is the end of "Matters that are allowed while supplicating" and all praise and thanks are due to
Allah.

References:
1.Sahih Bukhari
2.Tirmidhi(Name of book of Hadith)

جوري
09-29-2011, 07:15 PM
subscribes........

alhamdulilaah
10-11-2011, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ßlµêßêll
subscribes........

Sister ßlµêßêll.

alhamdulilaah
10-11-2011, 07:05 PM

Matters that are disliked and not allowed while supplicating

1.To avoid the use of rhymed prose

Narrated by Ikrima
Ibn 'Abbas [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him] said, "Preach to the people once a week, and if you won't, then preach them twice, but if you want to preach more, then let it be three
times (a week only), and do not make the people fed-up with this Qur'an. If
you come to some people who are engaged in a talk, don't start interrupting
their talk by preaching, lest you should cause them to be bored. You should
rather keep quiet, and if they ask you, then preach to them at the time when
they are eager to hear what you say. And avoid the use of rhymed prose in
invocation for I noticed that Allah's Apostle [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] and his companions always
avoided it."
Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith

2.Forbidding Aggression in Supplications

"Invoke your Lord with humility and in secret. He likes not the aggressors. " Surat Al-A`raf [The Heights (or The Wall with Elevations)] (7:55)

It was reported that `Ata' Al-Khurasani narrated from Ibn `Abbas, who said
about Allah's statement,

(He likes not the aggressors) ``In the Du`a' and otherwise.'' Abu Mijlaz
commented on,

(He likes not the aggressors), ``Such (aggression) as asking to reach the
grade of the Prophets.''

Imam Ahmad narrated that Abu Ni`amah said that `Abdullah bin Mughaffal heard
his son supplicating, ``O Allah! I ask you for the white castle on the right
side of Paradise, if I enter it.'' So `Abdullah said, ``O my son! Ask Allah
for Paradise and seek refuge with Him from the Fire, for I heard the
Messenger of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] saying,
(There will come some people who transgress in supplication and
purification)''
Ibn Majah and Abu Dawud recorded this Hadith with a good
chain that there is no harm in, and Allah knows best.

3.To avoid asking for punishment of sins in the world

Narrated by Anas ibn Malik [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]:

Allah's Apostle [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] visited one of the Muslims who had grown as feeble as chicken, in order to inquire (about his health). Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: Did you supplicate for anything or beg Him for that? He said: Yes. I used to utter (these words): Impose upon me earlier in this world the punishment that Thou art going to impose upon me in the Hereafter. Thereupon Allah's Messenger [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] remarked: "Subhan-Allah" (How perfect Allah is), you have neither the power nor the forbearance to take upon yourself (the burden of His Punishment). Why did you not say this: O Allah, grant us good in the world, good in the Hereafter, and save us from the torment of the Fire? He (the Holy Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam]) made this supplication (for him) and he was all right.

Sahih Muslim Hadith

4.To avoid Supplicating Against (Cursing) Yourself, your Family, or Property.

Narrated by Jabir ibn Abdullah [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]
Don't curse yourselves, nor your children, nor your belongings. There is the
possibility that your curse may synchronise with the time when Allah is
about to confer upon you what you demand and thus your prayer may be readily
answered. Sahih Muslim Hadith

5.To avoid wishing for death

Narrated by Anas bin Malik [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him]
The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam]said, "None of you should wish for death because of a calamity befalling him; but if he has to wish for death, he should say: "O Allah!
Keep me alive as long as life is better for me, and let me die if death is
better for me.' " Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith

6.To avoid supplicating for sin, or cutting the relations of the womb.
7.To avoid being hasty in supplicating.

Muslim recorded that the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said:

(The supplication of the servant will be accepted as long as he does not
supplicate for what includes sin, or cutting the relations of the womb, and
as long as he does not become hasty.) He was asked, ``O Messenger of Allah!
How does one become hasty'' He said, (He says, `I supplicated and
supplicated, but I do not see that my supplication is being accepted from
me.' He thus looses interest and abandons supplicating (to Allah).)

8.Not to ask through a Prophet, Wali, or Saint while asking Allah.

Abdullah bin Mas'ood [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him] reports that the Messenger of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: "Any person who dies in the state that he assigned partners to Allah will enter Hell." Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith

Abdullah bin Abbas [Radi Allahu anhu : May Allah be pleased with him] relates: One day I was riding along with the Apostle [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam], sitting behind him. He said: O boy! I will teach you some words, (which are): Guard the Commands of Allah (by obeying them) and Allah will save you (from the mischief of the world and the Hereafter). Always remember Allah and you will find Him near you. When you have to ask for anything, ask only Allah, and when you seek help, seek the help of Allah......".Reported by Tirmidhi(Authenticated by Albani in Sahih Sunan At-Tirmidhi)

At-Tabarani reports that: "In the time of the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] there was a
hypocrite who used to harm the Believers, and some of them said: "Come, let
us seek aid from the Messenger of Allah [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] against this hypocrite." But
the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: "Aid must not be sought from me; aid must only be
sought from Allah (swt )."

9.Not to change supplication said by the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam]

It was narrated that al-Bara’ ibn ‘Aazib said: The Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam] said: “When you go to your bed, do wudoo’ (ablution) as for prayer, then lie down on your right side and say:
Allaahumma aslamtu wajhi ilayka wa fawwadtu amri ilayka wa alja’tu zahri ilayka raghbatan wa rahbatan ilayka, la malja’a wa laa manjaa minka illa ilayka. Allaahumma aamantu bi kitaabika alladhi anzalta wa nabiyyika alladhi arsalta (O Allaah I submit my face to You, and I entrust my affairs to You, and I rely totally on You in hope and in fear of You. Verily there is no refuge nor safe haven from You except with You. O Allaah, I believe in Your Book which You have revealed and in Your Prophet whom You have sent).
Then if you die during the night, you will have died following the fitrah (sound nature of man). Make these the last words that you speak.”
He said: I repeated it back to the Prophet [Salla Allahu Aleihi Wassalam], and when I reached the words. “Allaahumma aamantu bi kitaabika allaahi anzalta (O Allaah, I believe in Your Book which You have revealed),” I said: “Wa rasoolika (And Your Messenger).” He said: “No. Wa nabiyyika alladhi arsalta (and Your Prophet whom You sent).”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari.

This is the end of "Matters that are disliked and not allowed while supplicating" and all praise and thanks are due to Allah.

References:
1. Al-Bukhari :Name of book of Hadith, which is known for its authenticity
and correctness.
2. Sahih Muslim Hadith
3. Tafsir al-Qur'an al-Adtheem (The exegesis of the great
Qur'an) by Ibn Kathir.

alhamdulilaah
12-07-2011, 05:01 PM

Do not be heedless of these supplications

Jafir Sadiq Radi Allahu anhu said I am astonished at the one who is suffering
from four is heedless of four:

1- One who is suffering from adversity, how can he be heedless of:

وَأَيُّوبَ إِذْ نَادَى رَبَّهُ أَنِّي مَسَّنِيَ الضُّرُّ وَأَنتَ أَرْحَمُ الرَّاحِمِينَ

And [mention] Job, when he called to his Lord,
"Indeed, adversity has touched me,
and you are the Most Merciful of the merciful." (83)

The answer to this dua was, Allah subhanahu wa tala says in Quran Al-Kareem:

فَاسْتَجَبْنَا لَهُ فَكَشَفْنَا مَا بِهِ مِن ضُرٍّ وَآتَيْنَاهُ أَهْلَهُ وَمِثْلَهُم مَّعَهُمْ رَحْمَةً مِّنْ عِندِنَا وَذِكْرَى لِلْعَابِدِينَ

So We responded to him and removed what afflicted him of adversity.
And We gave him [back] his family and the like thereof with them
as mercy from Us and a reminder for the worshippers [of Allah]. (84)

2- One who is suffering from distress, how can he be heedless of:

لَّا إِلَـهَ إِلَّا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ

La ilaha illa Anta [none has the right to be worshipped but You (O Allah)],
Glorified (and Exalted) are You [above all that (evil) they associate with You].
Truly, I have been of the wrong-doers." (87)

The answer to this call was, Allah subhanahu wa tala says in Quran Al-Kareem:

فَاسْتَجَبْنَا لَهُ وَنَجَّيْنَاهُ مِنَ الْغَمِّ وَكَذَلِكَ نُنجِي الْمُؤْمِنِينَ

So We answered his call, and delivered him from the distress.
And thus We do deliver the believers
(who believe in the Oneness of Allah,
abstain from evil and work righteousness). (88)

3- One who is suffering from fear, how can he be heedless of:

حَسْبُنَا اللَّـهُ وَنِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ

"Sufficient for us is Allah, and [He is] the best Disposer of affairs." (173)

The result of this call was, Allah subhana hu wa tala says in Quran Al-Kareem:

فَانقَلَبُوا بِنِعْمَةٍ مِّنَ اللَّـهِ وَفَضْلٍ لَّمْ يَمْسَسْهُمْ سُوءٌ وَاتَّبَعُوا رِضْوَانَ اللَّـهِ ۗ وَاللَّـهُ ذُو فَضْلٍ عَظِيمٍ

So they returned with favor from Allah and bounty, no harm having touched them. And they pursued the pleasure of Allah, and Allah is the possessor of great bounty. (174)

4- One who is suffering from plots of enemies, how can he be heedless of:

وَأُفَوِّضُ أَمْرِي إِلَى اللَّـهِ إِنَّ اللَّـهَ بَصِيرٌ بِالْعِبَادِ

and I entrust my affair to Allah. Indeed, Allah is Seeing of [His] servants." (44)

The result of this call was, Allah subhanahu wa tala says in Quran Al-Kareem:

فَوَقَاهُ اللَّـهُ سَيِّئَاتِ مَا مَكَرُوا وَحَاقَ بِآلِ فِرْعَوْنَ سُوءُ الْعَذَابِ

So Allah saved him from the evils that they plotted (against him),
while an evil torment encompassed Fir'aun's (Pharaoh) people. (45)

These are the blessed supplications mentioned in the Book of Allah azzawa jal,
which were answered,a response and answer was given to the caller of these supplications,
and relief and safety was granted to them.We should call Allah more and more
with these supplications.And we should be keen and eager to ask Allah with
these supplications.

Hamza Asadullah
12-11-2011, 06:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alhamdulilaah

Do not be heedless of these supplications

Jafir Sadiq Radi Allahu anhu said I am astonished at the one who is suffering
from four is heedless of four:

1- One who is suffering from adversity, how can he be heedless of:

وَأَيُّوبَ إِذْ نَادَى رَبَّهُ أَنِّي مَسَّنِيَ الضُّرُّ وَأَنتَ أَرْحَمُ الرَّاحِمِينَ

And [mention] Job, when he called to his Lord,
"Indeed, adversity has touched me,
and you are the Most Merciful of the merciful." (83)

The answer to this dua was, Allah subhanahu wa tala says in Quran Al-Kareem:

فَاسْتَجَبْنَا لَهُ فَكَشَفْنَا مَا بِهِ مِن ضُرٍّ وَآتَيْنَاهُ أَهْلَهُ وَمِثْلَهُم مَّعَهُمْ رَحْمَةً مِّنْ عِندِنَا وَذِكْرَى لِلْعَابِدِينَ

So We responded to him and removed what afflicted him of adversity.
And We gave him [back] his family and the like thereof with them
as mercy from Us and a reminder for the worshippers [of Allah]. (84)

2- One who is suffering from distress, how can he be heedless of:

لَّا إِلَـهَ إِلَّا أَنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنتُ مِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ

La ilaha illa Anta [none has the right to be worshipped but You (O Allah)],
Glorified (and Exalted) are You [above all that (evil) they associate with You].
Truly, I have been of the wrong-doers." (87)

The answer to this call was, Allah subhanahu wa tala says in Quran Al-Kareem:

فَاسْتَجَبْنَا لَهُ وَنَجَّيْنَاهُ مِنَ الْغَمِّ وَكَذَلِكَ نُنجِي الْمُؤْمِنِينَ

So We answered his call, and delivered him from the distress.
And thus We do deliver the believers
(who believe in the Oneness of Allah,
abstain from evil and work righteousness). (88)

3- One who is suffering from fear, how can he be heedless of:

حَسْبُنَا اللَّـهُ وَنِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ

"Sufficient for us is Allah, and [He is] the best Disposer of affairs." (173)

The result of this call was, Allah subhana hu wa tala says in Quran Al-Kareem:

فَانقَلَبُوا بِنِعْمَةٍ مِّنَ اللَّـهِ وَفَضْلٍ لَّمْ يَمْسَسْهُمْ سُوءٌ وَاتَّبَعُوا رِضْوَانَ اللَّـهِ ۗ وَاللَّـهُ ذُو فَضْلٍ عَظِيمٍ

So they returned with favor from Allah and bounty, no harm having touched them. And they pursued the pleasure of Allah, and Allah is the possessor of great bounty. (174)

4- One who is suffering from plots of enemies, how can he be heedless of:

وَأُفَوِّضُ أَمْرِي إِلَى اللَّـهِ إِنَّ اللَّـهَ بَصِيرٌ بِالْعِبَادِ

and I entrust my affair to Allah. Indeed, Allah is Seeing of [His] servants." (44)

The result of this call was, Allah subhanahu wa tala says in Quran Al-Kareem:

فَوَقَاهُ اللَّـهُ سَيِّئَاتِ مَا مَكَرُوا وَحَاقَ بِآلِ فِرْعَوْنَ سُوءُ الْعَذَابِ

So Allah saved him from the evils that they plotted (against him),
while an evil torment encompassed Fir'aun's (Pharaoh) people. (45)

These are the blessed supplications mentioned in the Book of Allah azzawa jal,
which were answered,a response and answer was given to the caller of these supplications,
and relief and safety was granted to them.We should call Allah more and more
with these supplications.And we should be keen and eager to ask Allah with
these supplications.

Asalaamu Alaikum, do you have the source for this particular post sister?

alhamdulilaah
12-11-2011, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Asalaamu Alaikum, do you have the source for this particular post sister?
Wa alaikum as salam,

yes, I have provided the source at the end, which is "At-tadawi bid-dua by Hasan bin Ahmad Hasan Hamam " , page no.48-49.
It is from the book التداوي بالدعاء
name of writer is حسن بن أحمد حسن همام
published in 2007- الطبعة الأولي 1428
Publisher: دارالحضارة الرياض

At the end of the book, the writer has provided the references, which are 10 in total.
1. Al-Quran Al-Kareem
2. Riyadhus-Saliheen by An-nawwi
3. Tafsir Al-Quran Al-adheem by Ibn Kathir
4. Tafsir Al-Qurtubi by Imam Al-Qurtubi
5. Fath Al-Bari by Ibn Hajar Al-Asqalani
6. Adaa wad-dua by Ibn Al-Qayyim
7. La Taiyas by Ahmad bin Salim Badiwlan
8.Al-Musttab fid-dua al-mustajab by Khalid Esa
9.Al-Masurat min al-adhkar wad-dawat by Abdullah al-qaseer
10. Rad al-bala bid-dua by Mustafa sheikh ibrahim haqi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!