Masha-Allah - a video i can personally relate to - you begin to recognize the evil deeds and strive even harder to seek the good, and your acknowledgement of weakness, humility and hope in prayer is far more than you feel when you feel self-righteous, i will Insha-Allah add some more info from all the scriptures - including past - for remembrance benefits the believers:
"He who does not know evil will fall into it."
"Avoidance of sin is lighter than the pain of remorse."
"The wisest among you is he whose sustenance is the fear of God."
attributed to 'Umar (RA)
And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times,
strength of salvation:
the fear of the LORD is
"The best of you in ignorance will be the best of you in Islam if you understand."
17. Have patience at what they say, and remember our servant David, the man of strength: for he was oft returning
18. It was We that made the hills declare, in unison with him, Our Praises, at eventide and at break of day,
19. And the birds gathered (in assemblies): all with him did turn (to Allah..
20. We strengthened his kingdom, and gave him wisdom and sound judgment in speech and decision.
.....24. (David) said: "He has undoubtedly wronged thee in demanding thy (single) ewe to be added to his (flock of) ewes:
truly many are the partners (in business) who wrong each other: Not so do those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and how few are they?"
...Then David gathered that We had tried him:
he asked forgiveness of his Lord,
fell down, bowing (in prostration),
and turned (to Allah in repentance).
25. So We forgave him this (lapse): he enjoyed, indeed, a Near Approach to Us, and a beautiful place of (Final) Return.
26. O David! We did indeed make thee a vicegerent (Khalifah) on earth: so judge thou between men in truth (and justice):
Nor follow thou the lusts (of thy heart), for they will mislead thee from the Path of Allah. for those who wander astray from the Path of Allah, is a Penalty Grievous, for that they forget the Day of Account.
27. Not without purpose did We create heaven and earth and all between! that were the thought of Unbelievers! but woe to the Unbelievers because of the Fire (of Hell)!
28. Shall We treat those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, the same as those who do mischief on earth?
Shall We treat those who guard against evil, the same as those who turn aside from the right?
9And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other:
for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations,
there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me,
lest I should be exalted above measure.
8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9And he said unto me,
is sufficient for thee:
for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 corinthians 12:7-9
a manifestation of favor, especially by a superior: It was only through the dean's grace that I wasn't expelled from school.
forgiveness, charity, mercifulness.
animosity, enmity, disfavor.
mercy; clemency; pardon: He was saved by an act of grace from the governor.
lenity, leniency, reprieve.
I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be
more than the first.
Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee,
because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, t
o teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
And I gave her space to repent of her fornication;
and she repented not.
Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
And I will kill her children with death;
and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts:
and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine,
and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
'Those who repent and amend, and lay fast hold on Almighty God,
and approve the sincerity of their religion to Almighty God,
these shall be (numbered) with the faithful;
and Almighty God will at last bestow on the faithful a great reward.'
14. But those will prosper who purify themselves,
15. And glorify the name of their Guardian-Lord, and (lift their hearts) in prayer.
16. Day (behold), ye prefer the life of this world;
17. But the Hereafter is better and more enduring.
18. And this is in the Books of the earliest (Revelation),-
19. The Books of Abraham and Moses.
may peace be to those who follow the guidance