/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Moon will circle around the Kaabah today?

Roasted Cashew
08-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Salam everyone. I do not wish to pass on rumours or unverified information but there has been a message circulating today(19/8) in Malaysia which goes exactly like this:

"Tonight at 3.25am Mecca time, the moon will circle around the Kaabah. This will effect on the sky and the sky will have blue light. This will be the time of acceptance of prayers. This is happening after ten million years. Please inform everybody by passing this. 3.25am mecca time. West Malaysia and singapore time will be 8.25am."

In an alternate version, this information is being quoted back to a certain Dato Mazlan Othman who on my inspection happens to be a Malaysian astrophysicist. So guys, is there any truth to this? Are you guys(in other regions) listening or reading anything similar today? Pls do share your thoughts.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
08-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Never heard.

from the sound of it, it's a good ol fashioned HOAX.

Roasted Cashew
08-19-2011, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
Never heard.

from the sound of it, it's a good ol fashioned HOAX.
Yup, it does look like a hoax to me. Anybody else heard of it? Anyone? Guys?

IslamicRevival
08-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Lol I got this text message last week and its one of those chain texts from the looks of things, they belong in the rubbish bin. Dont know where people get these ideas from :/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
08-19-2011, 09:13 PM
:sl:

I got this too. It is a complete hoax. The very fact that this has been circulating on the net for years, yet it supposedly is happening the night each person gets it, for the first time after ten million years, says it all.

format_quote Originally Posted by Roasted Cashew
In an alternate version, this information is being quoted back to a certain Dato Mazlan Othman who on my inspection happens to be a Malaysian astrophysicist.
See this:

20/08/2011

Angkasa refutes moon circumbulating Ka’abah statement

KUALA LUMPUR Aug 19 - The National Space Agency (Angkasa) has refuted blog and Facebook postings which attributed its former director-general as saying that the moon will circumbulate the Ka’abah while the sky will turn bright blue in Mekah early today.

Angkasa Head of Space Science Research Unit Mohd. Fairos Asillam said nothing bizzare or unusual about the movement, distance, brightness and phases of the moon would happen early today.

"The moon will just cross the sky over Ka’abah and will not circumbulate as claimed. As usual it will rise in the east and set in the west,” he said.

He said a claim that the statement on the purported bizzare occurrence was issued by former Angkasa director-general Prof Datuk Dr Mazlan Othman was baseless and untrue.

Fairos said the distance between the moon and the earth early tomorrow is 404,738km.

He advised the public to check websites of credible organisations like Angkasa to avoid confusion on the matter.

The purported bizzare occurrence said to be once in 10 years that the moon will circumbulate the Ka’abah at 3.25am while the sky will turn bright blue had gone viral on blogs and Facebook. - Bernama
Source

The only lunar happening of note, to do with the ka'bah, is that sometimes the position of the moon is directly above the ka'bah, as it is at different times of the year directly above other places.

Moon to set directly above Makkah tonight

January 18, 2011

Muslims praying at the Grand Mosque in the Saudi city of Makkah will be able to see the moon straight above them, a phenomenon that occurs once a year, newspapers in the Gulf Kingdom said on Tuesday.

The moon will appear in the sky of Makkah at around 4.39 pm on Tuesday and will continue to move until it becomes vertically above the Grand Mosque and Kaaba in the holy city at about 11.32 pm, they said.

“From that perpendicular angle, the moon will be around 370,115 km away from earth and its face will be lightened by 98.6 per cent,” the papers quoted Majid Abu Zahira, head of the Jeddah Astronomy Association, as saying.

“This phenomenon occurs once a year…Muslims at the Grand Mosque will be able to see the moon right above them tonight.”

According to Alyoum newspaper, such a phenomenon helps Muslims worldwide in locating the direction of Makkah.

“If a Muslims in any part of the world just looks straight at the moon during that phenomenon, then Makkah is in that direction.”
Source

And Allah knows best in all matters.

Roasted Cashew
08-19-2011, 10:29 PM
:sl: Insaanah - thanks a ton for clearing things up. Very much appreciated.

Abz2000
08-21-2011, 11:59 PM
i get them and delete them all the time - i'm surprised it didn't tell you to pass it onto ten people because a man deleted the message without forwarding it and he died in a car crash and a man forwarded it to ten people and he won the lottery"!

Roasted Cashew
08-22-2011, 12:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abz2000
i'm surprised it didn't tell you to pass it onto ten people because a man deleted the message without forwarding it and he died in a car crash and a man forwarded it to ten people and he won the lottery"!
Haha. Yea. Those one I delete. the fact that it didn't come with that tagline at the end that prompted me to ask it here. haha.

wafiya
08-02-2012, 02:07 AM
Tonight at 3:25am the moon will go around the Kabba and the sky will turn light blue, this is the moment of acceptance and this moment comes after 100 thousand years. Ask Allah (swt) whatever you want to ask.

Is this true?

AabiruSabeel
08-02-2012, 02:25 AM

Never heard of that.

The last third of the night is the time of acceptance of Du'a. Be it this night or any night, we must try our best to pray Tahajjud and engage ourselves in Du'a at that time. Specially during the month of Ramadhan and even more so during the last ten nights of Ramadhan.

wafiya
08-02-2012, 02:27 AM
Thank you for replying brother, I have never heard of this either, but I just wanted to make sure.

May Allah bless you.

PouringRain
08-02-2012, 02:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wafiya
Tonight at 3:25am the moon will go around the Kabba and the sky will turn light blue, this is the moment of acceptance and this moment comes after 100 thousand years. Ask Allah (swt) whatever you want to ask.

Is this true?
I don't know anything about the answer to your question, but tonight (Aug. 1) is the first full moon of August, and on August 31 will be a second full moon within the same month. When there is a second full moon in the same month it is called a "blue moon." There is an expression in English "once in a blue moon" to refer to something that is rare.

Muslim Woman
08-02-2012, 03:40 AM

sis wafiya , from where did u get the info ? Never heard of such thing . It's not mentioned in Quran or Hadith.

BadOlPuttyTat
08-02-2012, 04:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
Salaam/ Peace

we dont' know if this is the moment of acceptance or not.

And Allah Knows Best.

Oh I was talking about if the moon actually positioned itself in such a manner over the Kaaba in "100,00 years" specifically. I wasn't referring to the acceptance. Perhaps I missed the question a wee bit :hmm: .

Insaanah
08-02-2012, 06:08 PM

This has been circulating on the net for years and is a complete hoax. Someone asked about it before, and it's cleared up in this post in another thread about it:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1459460

EDIT: Threads merged.

Hamza Asadullah
08-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Forwarding and conveying dodgy E mails, texts and information to other Muslims:

I also got this text message as many of us have. What we must realise is that there are many enemies of Islam who start these types of weird messages that are based on lies, deception and have no basis and foundation in the Qur'an and Sunnah. There are also many forward messages like "forward to this or that many people and you will recieve good news ansd if you do not then you wil have 7 years of bad luck". These type of messages are clear shirk because it is only Allah who can give goodness and aswell as punishments or trials. Sending a text message to someone has no power to effect a persons destiny. All power in this universe is only in the hands of Allah and not whether we forward a dodgy text or e mail or not.

Therefore whenever we get any txt messages or e mails or recieve any type of information that we are unsure about, then we should firstly try and verify the information to see if it has any basis in Islam. We can do this first by asking the sender and if the sender replies that they merely forwarded it on without checking its authenticity then we should also tell the sender not to forward anything to anyone without verfying it first. Otherwise these types of txts and e mails will continue to be sent in an unbroken chain which may confuse and mislead many Muslims who do not have the adequate knowledge in order to be able to differentiate between what is right or wrong with regards to these types of messages.

So we must all stop blindly forwarding any txts, e mails or information that we are unsure of and make sure we ALWAYS verify the information first. If we doubt the authenticity of any information we recieve then we should just delete it and not convey it to anyone. It is better not to pass on something that is doubtful or does not sound right than to pass it on anyway and then later realise that what we forwarded were lies, deception and a complete hoax which has no basis in Islam.

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Ra) narrated that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: ‘He who attributes any falsehood to me, he should in fact find his abode in the Hell-Fire.’ (Muslim;7147)

Marina-Aisha
08-02-2012, 07:02 PM
omg i cant believe people still believe in chain letters or chain texts they arent ever true..it just annoys me when people do that..like something bad gonna happen just cos u dont reply...get real man! just delete them...

glo
08-02-2012, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
i get them and delete them all the time - i'm surprised it didn't tell you to pass it onto ten people because a man deleted the message without forwarding it and he died in a car crash and a man forwarded it to ten people and he won the lottery"!
Oh, I hate those emails too!
Talk about emotional blackmail!!:heated:

Hamza Asadullah
08-02-2012, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by marina-hadeya
omg i cant believe people still believe in chain letters or chain texts they arent ever true..it just annoys me when people do that..like something bad gonna happen just cos u dont reply...get real man! just delete them...
You would be surprised how many people still forward them. I still get them and end up telling off the senders never to forward such messages to anyone ever again lol

amanshaikh1086
08-11-2012, 07:43 PM
New things i have heard..

sister herb
08-11-2012, 08:17 PM
When I was child, at 1970ยด kind of chain letters were quite popular too - but of course as at time no mobiles or internet, some people really posted them others by mail.

;D

Muhaba
08-11-2012, 10:09 PM
i don't know anything about moon circumbulating the Kaaba and causing the sky to become blue. But a relative told me that a relative of hers had said that once when she was at the Kaaba at night, she had seen a blue light coming from the sky to the Kaaba and going back up again. The Kaaba is a place of great wonders. It's one place where there is no difference between day & night. People in Mecca go to the Kaaba all the time for Tawaf & Umra and the streets around the Kaaba are always filled with people and vendors. The place is also always lighted and has a noor effect. There is no darkness there. A trip to the Kaaba is very spiritually uplifting, enlighting. IF you can go there in the last days of Ramadan, then do so.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!