/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Converting on the 29th of this month

Sunnie Ameena
08-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Well, I have decided to convert on the 29th of this month. That is my birthday, so it will be like a re-birth sorta. What I would like is for someone to send me the excite words in Arabic and in English of the Shahada. I sure hope someone can help me. :Mosque: Thank you in advance for the help.

Peace,
Sunnie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
08-26-2011, 09:52 AM
Congrats sis :shade:, here you go:

أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallah

“I bear witness that there is no god except Allah

Wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulullah

“And I bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.”

Souljette
08-26-2011, 10:00 AM
Inshallah we will be present at the time you give the shahada and give us the good news inshallah

Amat Allah
08-26-2011, 12:54 PM
May Allah ease your way honey and lead it to the path of the endless happiness Ameeeeeen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
08-26-2011, 01:31 PM
:sl:

Subhanallah! (Allah Most High Most Perfect)

Alhamdulillah (All praise due to Allah), This is such a great news, and especially in the holy month of Ramadhan.
When you affirm your submission to Allah and revert to Islam, your past sins will all be erased, Insha Allah (if Allah wills it), so it will be a great time for you to make as much du'a (supplications) as possible, because the du'as of a sinless person will be readily accepted Insha Allah, so please remember all of us in your du'as as well. ameen.

alhamdulilaah
08-27-2011, 07:39 AM

Asalamu-alaikum,

This is a great news, May Allah make you steadfast in His deen,ameen.

Congratulations,Sister Sunnie, on this happy news, here is a gift of rose for you.

Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allah (i.e. follows Allah's Religion of Islamic Monotheism)
and he is a Muhsin (good-doer i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allah's sake only without any show off or to gain praise or fame,
etc., and in accordance with the Sunnah of Allah's Messenger Muhammad Peace be upon him ) then his reward is with his Lord (Allah),
on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow) Ayah 112

There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the Right Path has become distinct from the wrong path.
Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold
that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower. Surah Al-Baqarah (The Cow), Ayah 256

Muslim Woman
08-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Salaam sis

don't wait for the 29th . Unofficially do it NOW :)

Then on ur birthday , u can do it officailly in front of others.

Go ahead sis . Give us the good news asap :D:statisfie

Abz2000
08-27-2011, 11:02 PM
masha-Allah sis!
also bear in mind that since your background was christianity, you would be advised (or may be asked) to confirm that Jesus (pbuh) is the servant and messenger of God.
here are a couple of variations:

This brother goes through the pillars of faith with him and confirms before witnessing the normal testimony (bear in mind - jinn are spirits not "demons" as sincerely mistakenly translated by the brother)

It is related from 'Ubada that the Prophet (pbuh) said,
“Whoever testifies that there is no god but Allah alone with no partner
and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger,
that ‘Isa is the slave of Allah and His Messenger and a Word which He cast into Maryam and a Spirit from Him,
and that the Garden (Paradise) is real and the Fire is real
will enter the Garden whatever their actions.” The Sahih Collection of al-Bukhari,

It would read like this - although there are different variations (as this is human speech and the intention and beliefs will be witnessed by the almighty:
I bear witness that there is no god but Allah.
I bear witness that Muhammad is his slave and messenger.
I bear witness that Jesus is his servant, messenger, His Word, a Spirit proceeding from Him, and the son of His servant Mary
And I bear witness Paradise and Hell are true/real.

I will provide some back up to strengthen your faith insha-Allah - as you will soon encounter many doubters.

"And Remind for verily a reminder benefits the believers"
(Quran 51:55) :

You may be surprised that they are giving these qualities to each other, but things have been displaced in some places in the previous scripture as confirmed by Quran 5:13,
as the prophet (pbuh) did not claim these attributes and attributed them to Jesus pbuh,
as you read on you will find that there is confusion here regarding the person in "rivers of living water" but the message remains relevant:

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth,
which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
27And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
John 15:26-27

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come,
he will guide you into all truth:
for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak:
and he will shew you things to come.
John 16:13

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
john 16:7

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive:
for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

40Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said,
Of a truth this is the Prophet.
41Others said, This is the Christ.

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
1. To thee have We granted the Fount (of Abundance).2. Therefore to thy Lord turn in Prayer and Sacrifice.
3. For he who hateth thee, he will be cut off (from Future Hope).
Quran Chapter 108

"Whilst I was walking in Paradise I saw a river whose banks were domes of hollow pearls,
and I asked, "What is this, O Jibrîl?"
He said, "This is al-Kawthar which your Rabb has given to you".
And its scent - or its mud - was of fragrant musk".
Hudbah [one of the narrators] was not sure if he said tib [scent] or teen [mud]. [Sahîh al-Bukhâri, Kitâb ar-Riqâq, Bâb fil-Hawd, Fath al-Bâri, 11/464]

And it is related, on the Prophet's authority, peace and blessings be upon him:
‘[Al-kawthar] is a river in paradise, and my Lord promised me it- in it is abundant good-
sweeter than honey, whiter than milk, colder than snow, softer than cream; its brims are of chrysolite. Its drinking vessels are made of silver;
he who drinks of it does not thirst [again].’ And it is said: a basin is in it.

2 – a great cistern which will be set up in the place of gathering on the Day of Resurrection,
to which the ummah of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) will come.
The water of this cistern will come from the river of al-Kawthar which is in Paradise,
hence it is called the Cistern of al-Kawthar. The evidence for that is the hadeeth narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh (4255) from Abu Dharr, that “into the Cistern will flow two pipes from Paradise.”

Then those men, when they had seen the miracle that Jesus did, said, This is of a truth that prophet that should come into the world.
John 6:14

And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him,
Who art thou?
20And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed,
I am not the Christ.
21And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not.
Art thou that prophet?
And he answered, No.
22Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? 23He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.
John 1

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
12And the book is delivered
to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
13Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
14Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder:
for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish,
and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.
Isaiah 29

the first word revealed to the Prophet pbuh was IQRA = read, and he replied: MA ANA BI QARIN - I am not learned.
then when abul hakm (father of wisdom) denied the truth - he became abu jahl (father of ignorance) for all posterity.

Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation:
for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.
Isaiah 51:4

Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.
10For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
11For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
12To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest;
and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.
13But the word of the LORD was unto them
precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little;
that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.
14Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem.

Isaiah 28
Those who deny say: "Why is not the Qur'an revealed to him all at once?
Thus (is it revealed), that We may strengthen your heart thereby,
and We have rehearsed it to you in slow, well-arranged stages, gradually.
Quran 25:32

It is We Who have sent down the Qur'an to you by stages.
Quran 76:23

the Qur’an was revealed from Allah to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) orally through the angel Jibrīl (Gabriel)
in small and large pieces, over a period of approximately twenty-three years,
beginning in 610
CE,when he was forty, and concluding in 632 CE, the year of his death, over various towns and cities.
the Qur’an was memorized, recited and written down by the Prophet's companions after every revelation dictated by the Prophet (pbuh).
Most of the Prophet's companions--tens of thousands--learned the Qur’an by heart,
repeatedly recited in front of Muhammad for his approval or the approval of other Companions the Prophet (pbuh) had approved.

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD,
I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jeremiah 31:33

And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy;
and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.
Hosea 2:23

Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child:
for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.....
....For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.
7For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
8In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.
Isaiah 54

Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Galatians 4:24

For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
Galatians 4:27

And the water was spent in the bottle, and she cast the child under one of the shrubs.
16And she went, and sat her down over against him a good way off, as it were a bowshot: for she said, Let me not see the death of the child.
And she sat over against him, and lift up her voice, and wept.
17And God heard the voice of the lad; and the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven,
and said unto her, What aileth thee, Hagar? fear not; for God hath heard the voice of the lad where he is.
18Arise, lift up the lad, and hold him in thine hand; for I will make him a great nation.
19And God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water; and she went, and filled the bottle with water, and gave the lad drink.

20And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.
21And he dwelt in the wilderness of Paran: and his mother took him a wife out of the land of Egypt.
Genesis 21

And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.2And he said, The LORD came from Sinai, and rose up from Seir unto them;
he shined forth from mount Paran, and he came with ten thousands of saints: from his right hand went a fiery law for them.
3Yea, he loved the people; all his saints are in thy hand: and they sat down at thy feet; every one shall receive of thy words.
Deut 33

(research: well of zamzam)

Abu Sufyan ibn Harb, the leader of the Quraysh in Mecca, sensing that the balance was now tilted in Muhammad's favour and that the Quraish were not strong enough to stop the Muslims from conquering the city, travelled to Medina, trying to restore the treaty. During his stay, he was repulsed by Ali and by his own daughter Ramlah, who now was one of Muhammad's wives. Though Muhammad refused to reach an agreement and Abu Sufyan returned to Mecca empty handed, these efforts ultimately ensured that the conquest occurred without battle.
Muhammad assembled an army of approximately 10,000 men and marched towards Mecca.

On the eve of the conquest, Abu Sufyan adopted Islam. When asked by Muhammad, he conceded that the Meccan gods had proved powerless and that there was indeed "no god but Allah", the first part of the Islamic confession of faith. In turn, Muhammad declared Abu Sufyan's house a sanctuary:
"He Who enters the house of Abu Sufyan will be safe, He who lays down arms will be safe, He who locks his door will be safe".[5]He also declared:
Allah has made Mecca a sanctuary since the day He created the Heavens and the Earth, and it will remain a sanctuary by virtue of the sanctity Allah has bestowed on it until the Day of Resurrection. It (fighting in it) was not made lawful to anyone before me. Nor will it be made lawful to anyone after me, and it was not made lawful for me except for a short period of time. Its animals (that can be hunted) should not be chased, nor should its trees be cut, nor its vegetation or grass uprooted, nor its Luqata (most things) picked up except by one who makes a public announcement about it.'

How amiable are thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts!2My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.
3Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O LORD of hosts, my King, and my God.
4Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah.
5Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them.
6Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools.
Psalms 84

The ancient or early name for the site of Mecca is Bakkah (also transliterated Baca, Baka, Bakah, Bakka, Becca, Bekka, etc.).
An Arabic language word, its etymology, like that of Mecca, is obscure.
Widely believed to be a synonym for Mecca, it is said to be more specifically the early name for the valley located therein,
while Muslim scholars generally use it to refer to the sacred area of the city that immediately surrounds and includes the Kaaba.

95. Say: "(Allah) speaketh the Truth: follow the religion of Abraham, the sane in faith; he was not of the Pagans."
96. The first House (of worship) appointed for men was that at Bakka: Full of blessing and of guidance for all kinds of beings:
97. In it are Signs Manifest; (for example), the Station of Abraham; whoever enters it attains security; Pilgrimage thereto is a duty men owe to Allah,- those who can afford the journey; but if any deny faith, Allah stands not in need of any of His creatures.
98. Say: "O People of the Book! Why reject ye the Signs of Allah, when Allah is Himself witness to all ye do?"
99. Say: "O ye People of the Book! Why obstruct ye those who believe, from the path of Allah, Seeking to make it crooked, while ye were yourselves witnesses (to Allah.s Covenant)? but Allah is not unmindful of all that ye do."
100. O ye who believe! If ye listen to a faction among the People of the Book, they would (indeed) render you apostates after ye have believed!
101. And how would ye deny Faith while unto you are rehearsed the Signs of Allah, and among you Lives the Messenger. Whoever holds firmly to Allah will be shown a way that is straight.
102. O ye who believe! Fear Allah as He should be feared, and die not except in a state of Islam.
103. And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves; and remember with gratitude Allah.s favour on you; for ye were enemies and He joined your hearts in love, so that by His Grace, ye became brethren; and ye were on the brink of the pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus doth Allah make His Signs clear to you: That ye may be guided.
104. Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity.
105. Be not like those who are divided amongst themselves and fall into disputations after receiving Clear Signs: For them is a dreadful penalty,-
Quran 3:95-105

Abz2000
08-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Wow. That was a long comment, and to think I started to write one or two paragraphs!
Still, it's nice to see all the research on one page without having to flick through so many pages and losing concentration!

noorseeker
08-30-2011, 08:11 AM
So have you done your Shahada yet :D

Riana17
08-30-2011, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

Subhanallah! (Allah Most High Most Perfect)

Alhamdulillah (All praise due to Allah), This is such a great news, and especially in the holy month of Ramadhan.
When you affirm your submission to Allah and revert to Islam, your past sins will all be erased, Insha Allah (if Allah wills it), so it will be a great time for you to make as much du'a (supplications) as possible, because the du'as of a sinless person will be readily accepted Insha Allah, so please remember all of us in your du'as as well. ameen.
Asalam Alaikkum Sister, Mabrook such a good news as brother told, inshallah you will be a REAL muslimah forever Amen. May you overcome all the trials&test and may Allah grant you high Imaan.

Please make dua for My mother (Aurea) inshallah she will be a A REAL MUSLIM:cry:

*Yasmin*
08-31-2011, 11:53 PM
Alhamdulilah , that's great news, may Allah bless you sister, and in sha' Allah all your sins are erased ..

Sunnie Ameena
09-03-2011, 03:40 PM
Just wanted to post and say that I have said my Shahada. I called a Mosque about an hour and a half from my home and asked them to assist me. I repeated what he said, and then he said, you are a Muslim. I was very happy. He said he would have a sister contact me. That was Monday, and today is Saturday, and I have yet to hear from anyone. I am happy to have converted, but rather disappointed that they did not carry through with having someone contact me. But oh well, I will continue on my own. Thank you to all of you for the words of incouragement and advice. Peace, Sunnie

Galaxy
09-03-2011, 06:32 PM

Masha Allaah, you can contact anyone here in the meantime.

Haya emaan
09-03-2011, 06:39 PM
MASHALLAH!!
what a great news..!!

welcome sister to the path of truth.. to the path of jannah..

may Allah showers His blessings on you and strengthen your emaan..ameen

Muslim Woman
09-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Salaam

Welcome to Islam sis :) :D

you are a sinless angel now :)

sorry to know no sis contacted u . Pl. feel free to let us know if we can help u .

*Yasmin*
09-04-2011, 10:07 AM
SALAM ALEKUM my sister in Islam

Alhamdulillah.. and welcome to Islam :)

sorry to know no one contacted you, maybe they have an excuse, you may try contact them again.
and please feel free to ask whatever you want in this Forum , In sha' Allah our brothers and sisters will help you ..

noorseeker
09-04-2011, 10:56 AM
Well we are here for you, if no one has contacted you

Cant remember your gender , but if you are sis then im sure you can pm a sis

Asiyah3
09-04-2011, 11:07 AM
awww.... Welcome to the family, sister. :) Congratulations!! I'm really happy for you.

May Allah bless you and make this journey easy for you. SubhaanAllah.

Al-Mufarridun
09-04-2011, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunnie
Just wanted to post and say that I have said my Shahada. I called a Mosque about an hour and a half from my home and asked them to assist me. I repeated what he said, and then he said, you are a Muslim. I was very happy. He said he would have a sister contact me. That was Monday, and today is Saturday, and I have yet to hear from anyone. I am happy to have converted, but rather disappointed that they did not carry through with having someone contact me. But oh well, I will continue on my own. Thank you to all of you for the words of incouragement and advice. Peace, Sunnie

Allah(swt) is Great! Masha'Allah! I'm happy for you.

Know this my dear sis, Humans will let you down but Allah(swt) will never let you down. Be constantly in communication with Him(swt), pray to him to guide you to his straight path, to assist you, protect you, teach you, heal you. I would also advice that I believe if you could find another revert sister in your area with some knowledge, that she'll probably be more understanding of your circumstances and willing to assist you. I know the Muslim communities in these parts of the world were they are the minority, specially in the West, they are not doing enough to accommodate for the new reverts. Insha'Allah Allah(swt) is the best of providers and may Allah(swt) assist you and all those who return to Him in this life and the next. Ameen

Just_A_Girl13
09-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

Alhamdulillah! You have 1.5 billion brothers and sisters now :)

Peace and blessings be with you always

Futuwwa
09-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Welcome home, sister Sunnie :)

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
09-04-2011, 11:11 PM

MashaAllah, Great news, Congratulations :sunny: and welcome to Islam. :muslimah:

May Allah guide you on the true path and enlighten all of us seeking knowledge.

Sister, when i first converted i did find it hard to begin with as i had no support where i live (no Muslim community) However, i had wonderful support from the sisters on this forum and also gained a lot of knowledge here.
Its been more than 4 years now and i still learn a lot from this forum. :)

I hope your journey is a blessed one

:wa:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-04-2011, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunnie
As'Salaam Alaaykum - peace be unto you!

Welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy your stay here and find it beneficial towards yourself insha'Allaah - God willingly

And Congratulationz! You are now a muslimah!

There are many sistahs on this geeky forum you can contact insha'Allaah and post up threads for any questions you have inshaa'Allaah..

Also be sure to share your revert story here if you are able to:

---->>> http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...ours-here.html <<<----

please keep us all in your prayers. you will also be in mine.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!