/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Having 4 wifes whats the rules?

User29123
08-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Salam,

Just wondering whats the Rules on having more than one wife? :wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IsamBitar
10-12-2011, 08:45 PM
The most important rule in polygamy in Islam (having more than one wife) is to be fair to all of them, i.e., that you treat each one of them justly and give each one of them the same portion of your time, attention and spending (nafaqah). If a man is unable to deal justly with four wives he should not marry more than the number he can be just with.

Insaanah
10-12-2011, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsamBitar
Reference: Javed Ahmed Ghamidi, Mizan, Chapter: "The Social Law of Islam", Al-Mawrid.
Brothers and sisters, do NOT take your deen from the above named man.

These are just some of his beliefs:

Isa alyahi assalam died and his second coming is disputable.

No Mahdi will come.

Hijaab is not mandatory for this day and age.

Music and dancing is permissible

Amongst many others.

Please steer well clear.

Perseveranze
10-12-2011, 10:44 PM
(And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan-girls, then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (the captives and the slaves) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from doing injustice.)

[4:3]

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayesha.ansari
10-13-2011, 06:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

No Mahdi will come.

Amongst many others.

Please steer well clear.
What does that message mean is that person is spreading this message or really you mean what you write. kindly brief us a little bit.

Signor
10-13-2011, 01:32 PM

No Mahdi will come.

Amongst many others.

Please steer well clear.
He spreading secularism in the name of Islam.

Iconodule
10-13-2011, 01:37 PM

These are just some of his beliefs:...

Music... is permissible
I am wondering what the general attitudes on this forum are toward music. Is it absolutely forbidden? I assume melodic chanting of Quran does not fall under music.

Sunnie Ameena
10-13-2011, 02:52 PM
I am comfused, who should we not believe, Insaanah, or the person he has as a reference for his information? I get troubled when I learn one thing and then someone says it is not right. I recieved some pamphlets to learn about Islam, it says that Muslims believe in the Old Testament, then I was told on here that they don't, so again, who do I believe?

Endymion
10-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Assalam Alekum.

Javed Ghamidi is a person with lots of knowledge about Islam,writer of several books on Islamic teachings and head of an Islamic institute but in the veil of Islam,he is actually misguiding people.Talking about Islam and having knowledge does not make everyone faithful to Islam,some people use this knowledge to misguide people.As Insanah mentioned,he is trying to give Islam a modern touch and make it a Islam that will be according to his wish.He is a controvercial scholar in Pakistan because of his views.

Fortunately,Muslims dont need to get troubled as there are hundreds of great scholors among us and their works which brought the real message of Islam to us,we just need to stick to them.To learn Quran and Sunnah properly,stick to the teachings of four schools of thought.Stick to scholars who teach you according to their teachings and there is no way you follow the wrong path.Internet is just a bundle of information,it cannot teach you Islam so dont believe everyone on internet in the matter of Islam.Learn Islam from teachers not learners.

This is what i can say,hope Insanah will add something in a much better way Inshallah :statisfie

Sunnie Ameena
10-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Thank you very much for explaining that to me. Sunnie

IsamBitar
10-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Just to clarify things: Javed Ghamidi's work in any of his books do NOT represent me, my views or beliefs (if any). They represent HIM and him alone. The citation provided is only for the laws of multiple wives no more no less. And those laws are cited in the Quran itself. I am not to be held responsible for anything else Javed Ghamidi says or does. I do not represent him, I do not know him, and I am not trying to spread his ideas. All I did was cite him for that particular piece of information.

Endymion
10-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Salams Isambitar.

Majority of us identify him later,before that,we were his fans and truly inspired of his knowledge.My Father and my bro told me about his double policy but i did'nt believe them looking at he is a very qualified person.His views begin to click me in the blashphemy issue,he even ignore ahadiths in some matters and this made me feel something is wrong.Then his views on music and some other issues as Insaanah pointed out made me turn away from him.Sadly,one of my bro's is still his fan but i know some day he will realize that like i do Inshallah.

It was just to stop people quoting and reading him no matter he is right in some issues.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
10-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Greetings of peace

format_quote Originally Posted by Iconodule
I am wondering what the general attitudes on this forum are toward music. Is it absolutely forbidden? I assume melodic chanting of Quran does not fall under music.
Well the general view you will recieve among some members that music is permissable and amongst other members who do not believe music is permissable. But you musn't focus on what the members believe unless they have daleel (evidence) it would be highly encouraged of you to study the issue yourself from authentic sources such as Qur'aan and sunnah and from those whom are knowledgeable such as the muslim scholars.

There have also been many threads regarding this topic, you can find them through the search feature..

format_quote Originally Posted by Sunnie
I am comfused, who should we not believe, Insaanah, or the person he has as a reference for his information? I get troubled when I learn one thing and then someone says it is not right. I recieved some pamphlets to learn about Islam, it says that Muslims believe in the Old Testament, then I was told on here that they don't, so again, who do I believe?
Well, we shouldn't believe those who claim info against the Qur'aan and authentic ahadeeth. The sister mentioned in her post why we should NOT take our deen from the individual mentioned..please do not be confused, its clear really, if someone claims something which is not part of Islamic teachings then it should be clear we don't associate ourselves with that individual of what they claim. Even scholars state that if anything they state is against the teachings of Allaah and his rasool (Sallaahu 'Alaayhi wa salam) we must ignore it.

The Qur'aan mentions specifically that the 'original' Zabur, Torah and Injeel were words of God Allmighty, but unfortunate it is that man began to distort the word of God and then claim it to be God's word where in fact it is now not God's Allmighty's word. Qur'aan came to confirm that which was incorrect, the lies and misrepresentation of God's actual word.

No Mahdi will come.

Amongst many others.

Signor
11-29-2011, 07:42 AM
Doesn't mean that Javed Ghamidi is always wrong but for most of the time he is.I've read one of his book and i was surprised to see his opinions over thing,like he was making those,Astagfirullah.And if you know his famous program on Tv,you will see how many scholars like him confused ordinary people.Again Excessive Knowledge is a fitna in its ownself

SFatima
11-29-2011, 07:55 AM
If isam bitar does hold these views, these are all Qadiani/Ahmadi views, the recent pseudo popular misguided scholar ghamdi has the same views, though he does not openly say that he is an ahmadi.

Signor
11-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Do Salmaan Rushdi claims that he has sold his soul to the devil?Never

Insaanah
11-29-2011, 01:19 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
If isam bitar does hold these views, these are all Qadiani/Ahmadi views, the recent pseudo popular misguided scholar ghamdi has the same views, though he does not openly say that he is an ahmadi.
Actually IsamBitar is a staunch atheist. When he first joined, his religion was set to undisclosed, but two people asked questions concerning rulings in Islam, and he answered them, but not with the proper respect shown to the Prophet :saws: which made me suspicious. In a later long debate, it became clear that he was, in fact, a very staunch atheist. Thankfully, the undisclosed option is no longer.

And this highlights one of the inherent dangers of asking people on the internet. There will always be a few, who are non-Muslim, but perhaps have read a hadeeth site or googled something and taken the first answer there, or are familiar with Muslim culture, and consider themselves qualified to answer Muslim's questions, even if Muslims themselves may feel that that question needs a scholar, and not understanding the context of what they're posting, and sometimes the questioner not realising that the person is not a Muslim.

You simply cannot take your deen from an atheist, or from a non-Muslim, or even a Muslim who may not know enough on the subject, even if they are well-intentioned.

Alhamdulillah the members and mods here are pretty quick at spotting when things that don't seem quite right.

Endymion
11-29-2011, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
Ghamidi is "Ahmadi/Qadyani??Are you sure sis :hmm:

I dont even buy household items from their shops.As i enter in the shop,i check the picture of their leader they all hang in their shops but last time,i did'nt notice and buy shoes from there.When my mom paid for the shoes,then i noticed the picture +o(

I remember i read a fatwa to not have any type of relations with Qadyani/Ahmadi people thats why i dont even buy from their shops.I wanted to confirm is that right?

Qaswa
12-06-2011, 04:04 AM
When any of our non-muslim friends ask about polygamy in Islam, i think we should first clarify to them that having 4 wives in Islam is an exception the religion has given us and not a rule. And in my knowledge it is the only religion that has defined the limit, circumstances and conditions for polygamy! May Allah guide us - Aameen!!

SFatima
12-07-2011, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion

I dont even buy household items from their shops.As i enter in the shop,i check the picture of their leader they all hang in their shops but last time,i did'nt notice and buy shoes from there.When my mom paid for the shoes,then i noticed the picture +o(

I remember i read a fatwa to not have any type of relations with Qadyani/Ahmadi people thats why i dont even buy from their shops.I wanted to confirm is that right?
I'm not saying that ghamdi is ahmadi ( may Allah forgive me) but he does seem to have views some of which are ahmadi views, like, imam mahdi and hazrat Eesa (a.S) wont be coming to this world . I have heard these opinions of him myself. they are also available on youtube. And these views are ahmadi views since they believe, that mirza ghulam was jesus and imam mahdi both, and therefore no more coming of them.

Abz2000
12-07-2011, 11:59 PM

Hamza Asadullah
12-08-2011, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion

Asalaamu Alaikum, no Javed Ghamdi is of the Tolu E Islam and followers of Sir Syed Ahmed and Ghulam Ahmed Parvez or in other words "Hadith rejectors". He is given a lot of coverage on mainstream Pakistani channels and is a devil in disguise.

We should all warn our Pakistani brothers and sisters to be careful of watching and listening to his lies and deciet for he is misleading many without those people even realising.

May Allah save us from the evil of such people. Ameen

IslamicRevival
12-08-2011, 11:18 PM
In this day and age, should Polygamy really be practiced? Is there any need? I mean taking on a second wife, a widow or a poor woman for example is an honorable thing to do but these days people want four wives for the sake of it

Muslims today have lost the TRUE meaning of this ruling in my opinion

Hamza Asadullah
12-08-2011, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vision
In this day and age, should Polygamy really be practiced? Is there any need? I mean taking on a second wife, a widow or a poor woman for example is an honorable thing to do but these days people want four wives for the sake of it

Muslims today have lost the TRUE meaning of this ruling in my opinion
I don't think we should have such a simplistic view about this issue. It depends on the situation and a persons particular circumstances and what situation and circumstances they find themselves in etc. It also depends on an individuals intention and sincerety which ONLY Allah knows of.

Also nowadays there are far more women looking for marriage in the UK (Cant speak for the rest of the world) than there are men looking for women. I do not know if this is because there are more women than men but one of the major signs of the day of judgement is that there will be far more women than men and maybe this is starting to happen now and that is when polygamy will be more relevant than ever before.

But a person has the right to have a polygamous marriage as long as they do justice to all the wives. If they cannot then surely they will be punished and one of the punishments is that such a person on the day of judgement will have have of their body paralysed:

Abu Hurairah (RA) narrates that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alahi Wasalam) said “A man who has two wives and he does not deal justly with them will be resurrected on the Day of Judgement with half his body paralysed.”(Sunan Tirmidhi)

So this is not an issue that men who practice polygamy should take so lightly. If they cannot do justice between his wives then he will be accountable on the day of judgement and punished accordingly.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Salahudeen
12-09-2011, 01:31 AM
Marriage in Islam is Ibada so why not do as much ibada as you can as long as you can meet the conditions of the ibada :hmm:

ardianto
12-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Having up to 4 wives is a privilege in Islam that given only to Muslim male. But unfortunately, this is the privilege that most common misused by males who follow their lust. Majority of Muslims who commit polygamy actually are not worthy for married in polygamy marriage. Even I have found at least two cases which non-Muslims pretend as Muslims only to do polygamy.

Mostly of polygamy marriage were not planned before, but happened after married men meet women who attract them. And they see privilege to polygamy as the chance to follow their lust.

Like I have written in another thread, there is a bad habit among Muslim males in Indonesia. They always miss salah, never fast in ramadhan, don't know anything about Islamic knowledge, but when their wives found they have been married other women, suddenly they turn into temporary scholars, gave 'lecture' about polygamy in Islam. This is the example when Islam is misused to legitimate lusty behavior.

I have read and heard many complains about polygamy. Many of those women complains, their husbands start to forget them after they married new wives. And I often read or heard cases which those wives hate each other because they think their love their 'enemies' more than them.

Mostly of wives who married in polygamy hate their husband other wives. And in mostly of polygamy marriage which I have found, husbands love one wife more than their other wives.

But it doesn't means there is no good polygamy marriage. I have found several good polygamy marriage which the wives and the husband feel happiness, and a wife and other wives are respect each other. I know personally with a man who married 4 wives in polygamy like this.

There are two things that make those polygamy becomes good polygamy.

First. The husband and the wives are religious Muslims. Even the husbands are ulama or at least have qualification to teach Islam.

Second. The second, third or fourth marriage are planned marriage. They had intention to have other wives, and then they start looking for other wives. Even in some cases, those new women proposed by old wives. Different than in bad polygamy which the husbands have intention to marry after they meet women who attract them.

Polygamy is privilege for Muslim males, but Muslims are not allowed to use this privilege only to legitimate lusty behavior. And is ulama duty to remind ummah not to misuse this privilege.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!