/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lonely Eid?

Beardo
08-30-2011, 06:35 AM
No family. Typical day. Celebrating on Wednesday, to top it off.

This Eid is going to be fairly lonely. I consider my Eid to be the night of Khatamul Quran.

what do you guys usually do on Eid? Especially since this year it's on a weekday. I could take off from school, but I'm thinking it's better I go than sitting at home.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
08-30-2011, 07:55 AM
Yeh im with you. Another eid passes. But Allahamdulillah we have food ,drink, and shelter , so i guess we should try be :D

aadil77
08-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Even if I am going places with family, best part of Eid for me is meeting all the brothers at the masjid after Eid salah - loads of unity :shade:

For most people Eid is the same so they don't even bother taking the day off work, but you should do something even with just 1 or 2 family members.

aadil77
08-30-2011, 10:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by noorseeker
Yeh im with you. Another eid passes. But Allahamdulillah we have food ,drink, and shelter , so i guess we should try be :D
i'm gonna be near by you later on today!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asiyah3
08-30-2011, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
[B]what do you guys usually do on Eid?
Usually the whole family goes to a shopping mall.

karimium
08-30-2011, 01:15 PM
My father passed away on the 6th of Ramadhan, so we're all visiting his grave right now

ardianto
08-30-2011, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by karimium
My father passed away on the 6th of Ramadhan, so we're all visiting his grave right now
Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji'oon.

May Allah grant your father a beautiful place in Jannah.

ardianto
08-30-2011, 02:26 PM
People in my place say "Jauh di mata, dekat di hati" (far by eyes, close by heart). Although you are alone in Eid day and far from family, you are still in my and other Muslim hearts.

GuestFellow
08-30-2011, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
No family. Typical day. Celebrating on Wednesday, to top it off.

This Eid is going to be fairly lonely. I consider my Eid to be the night of Khatamul Quran.

what do you guys usually do on Eid? Especially since this year it's on a weekday. I could take off from school, but I'm thinking it's better I go than sitting at home.
Salaam,

I have work to do lol.

noorseeker
08-30-2011, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
i'm gonna be near by you later on today
no going to alum rock rd bro:p

Ali Mujahidin
08-30-2011, 04:04 PM
:sl:

After many years of going solo on Hari Raya day, today, for me, is a day filled with warmth and laughter. Hark! Do I hear wedding bells pealing in the near distance? :p

Ramadhan
08-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Today has been great alhamdulillah. We all gathered at our hometown at my mum's house, me and all my brothers and sisters arrived from different cities since few days ago, complete with their children.
My mum and her maid had been cooking up the storm since two days ago, we got up at 5:30 and prepared to go for a shalah ied at nearby field.
After shalah (and interesting khutbah, by an Imam who is a revert and from chinese descent), we went back home and performed "sungkeman" (an Indonesian tradition of asking for forgiveness from each other in a somewhat formal but very touchy way), and then we attacked the dining table!
I got so full from gorging on those lebaran (ied) specialty food (sorry didn't take pictures of the food), and then after a brief rest, we visited our nearby relatives, and later we went up to the mountain to spend the day on a safari-style zoo park and nearby amusement park (with roller coaster etc). I had so much fun time with my nephews and nieces (they are between 5 to 11 yo). All in all, a usual ied day for us which I will never get tired from, and quite a typical ied day for many indonesians.

Riana17
08-30-2011, 05:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhi Raji'oon.

May Allah grant your father a beautiful place in Jannah.
Asalam Alaikkum. Amen
May Allah grant you patience Brother Karimium+your family and may Allah accept him in Jannah.

on the other topic
For me, alhamdollelah as much as possible I like the Eid to be one of the normal days, I want Eid to be peaceful, and it was, my husband & I eat together, we took our nephews/niece outside with their parents and watch them play, eat, etc it was peaceful, alhamdollelah, i hope everyday of Muslim's life is peaceful.Amen

Ramadhan
08-30-2011, 06:01 PM
:sl:

Taqobalallaahu Minna wa minkum shiyamana wa shiyamakum

(May Allah SWT accept it from me and you, my fasting and yours. Ameen).

Eric H
08-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Greetings and peace be with you all,

May you and your family and friends all feel blessed at this special time where ever you are.

In the spirit of seeking spiritual growth.

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!