/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muhammad's literacy

Crystal
09-04-2011, 07:52 PM
Hi to all again , as I was saying in the welcome forum I am interested in Islam but I need a few questions to be answered. My first question is this:

• It says in the quran that Muhammad (pbuh) was illiterate. However when I read the quran it seems to place a lot of emphasis on knowledge etc so if Muhammad was illiterate why didn't he learn to read and write after he received revelations?
  • Are there any sources outside the quran that confirm Muhammad was illiterate?
  • How was the quran then wrote down if Muhammad couldn't read or write. How could he trust others to write the quran down when he couldn't read it to confirm it
If anyone has any articles discussing this topic it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Crystal
09-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Hi all can you help me with this question I have ^

Al-Mufarridun
09-06-2011, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal
Hi to all again , as I was saying in the welcome forum I am interested in Islam but I need a few questions to be answered. My first question is this:

• It says in the quran that Muhammad (pbuh) was illiterate. However when I read the quran it seems to place a lot of emphasis on knowledge etc so if Muhammad was illiterate why didn't he learn to read and write after he received revelations?
  • How was the quran then wrote down if Muhammad couldn't read or write. How could he trust others to write the quran down when he couldn't read it to confirm it

If anyone has any articles discussing this topic it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Peace be with you. May God increase you in knowledge.
I'll try to answer your questions one by one with the limited knowledge that I have, and Allah knows best.

It says in the quran that Muhammad (pbuh) was illiterate. However when I read the quran it seems to place a lot of emphasis on knowledge etc so if Muhammad was illiterate why didn't he learn to read and write after he received revelations?

First, the fact that Muhammad(pbuh) was an illiterate is in its self is one of the miracles of the Qur'an. Secondly, It is true that Knowledge is emphasised in the Qur'an as well as by Muhammad(pbuh) himself in his sayings, example, Muhammad(pbuh) said, "Allah(God) makes the way to Jannah(Paradise) easy for him who treads the path in search of knowledge.''[Muslim].

Now the wisdom behind why Muhammad(pbuh) himself didn't learned how to read and write after revelation is quite simple to understand if you aproach it from this angle. Reading and Writing are tools for seeking knowledge and spreading knowledge. The highest form of knowledge is Revealed Knowledge. So once Revelation started and Muhammad started receiving Revelation from the source of All knowledge, God-the All-Knowing, the Wise, what other source of knowledge would Muhammad(pbuh) seek knowledge from by way of Reading? since Reading is one form of seeking knowledge. I am sure you would agree with me that Revelation is another from of recieving knowledge, perhaps The highest form. With respect to learning how to write in order to preserve the Qur'an, In the Qur'an God Himself testifies that the protection and preservation of the authenticity of the Qur'an till the end of time, since it is to be the Last Revelation, is His responsibility and his responsibility alone. Muhammad(pbuh) is only a carrier of The Message, he neither claims to be its originator nor its author.

Besides the Qur'an and some Hadiths that point out that Muhammad(pbuh) was illiterate, i can't think of any other non-Muslim sources. The Qur'an is by far the strongest source, since Muhammad is not claiming that the he is the author of it. I would mention of the statement of Heraclius, "How could a honest man through out his life who never lied to men, when he reaches the age of 40 starts to lie about God(i.e. falsely claim he is a prophet)?"

Whenever new verses of the Qur'an were revealed, Muhammad(pbuh) would recite those verses in front of the people, both Muslims and non-Muslims would hear them, memorize them, the Arabs of his time were experts in memorization. The first form of preserving the Qur'an was through memorization, first by Muhammad(pbuh) himself, then by his followers. Since its a form of recitation, there is no editorial process, and thus you can imagine and miraculous nature of being consistent with over 6,000 verses and for such a long time, any mistake and all those who denied him who were all around him would jump on it and point out the mistake. In some cases, some of the followers who knew how to read and write would write some parts of the Qur'an and keep it with them but his was secondary. When Muhammad(pbuh) died, he left the Qur'an in the hearts of thousands of believers who memorized the whole Qur'an, it is this miracleous nature of the Qur'an that even today there are millions of people all over the world, from china to morocco, that memorized the whole Qur'an word for word without the slighest difference.

It was During the time of Abu Bakr(ra), his first successor, that the Qur'an was compiled and written down. The process of compiling the Qur'an is a long story so i'll give you some links that will be beneficial in answering any questions you may have regarding that. I hope you find these following resources useful in your quest for knowledge;

ps. They are all in Audio format, you can download them for free and listen to them at home, in your car or whenever you get chance;

Monotheism
Muhammad (P)

Muhammad In The Bible
Prophethood
The Qur'an - Its Authenticity And Its Sciences
The Qur'an Ultimate Miracle

Any errors i said are from me and my ignorence, and any truthful things i said are from God alone.

God knows best!

Abz2000
09-06-2011, 02:55 PM
And thou wast not (able) to recite a Book before this (Book came),
nor art thou (able) to transcribe it with thy right hand: In that case, indeed, would the talkers of vanities have doubted
Quran 29:38

It is clearly showing that the doubters who might have claimed he was copying from previous scriptures have no chance, but there must be more wisdom in this as will be seen below.

When the treaty of Hudaybiya was written down, ali wrote, in the name of Allah, most gracious most merciful, this is a treaty between Muhammad the messenger of God and .....
The envoy from the other side began reading and said,
We don't know what most gracious most merciful is so write: in your name o Allah,
The prophet told ali to change it, so he did,
Then the envoy continued reading and told them to change messenger of God to Muhammad the son of Abdullah, the prophet said, regardless of wether you accept it or not I am the messenger of God, ali change it, ali refused saying he couldn't get himself to do that (the other side was trying to cause a bust-up and the prophet needed the treaty) so the prophet asked, where is it written, he was shown and he crossed it out himself,

This happened in front of his most important companions (hundreds) that showed even a sentence was impossible.
Yet he took over leadership if the whole of the Arabian peninsula and even those arrogant envoy's had co come and humbly apologise, right now almost a quarter of the worlds population is behind him and growing.
Including doctors, teachers, engineers, professors with the highest degrees.

When Gabriel first appeared to him at the mount,
He was ordered:
iqra - READ

And he replied: Ma Ana Bi Qarin - I AM NOT LEARNED

Iqra is the first word revealed - Sura alaq
From the Quran we see this mentioned along with the previous scriptures:

"Those who follow the messenger, the unlettered Prophet,
whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),
- in the Torah and the Gospel;
- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper."
Quran 7.157

So where is this?
These verses are on the same page in he bible:

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Then the book will be given to the one who is illiterate, saying, "Please read this."
And he will say, "I cannot read."

King James Bible
And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying,
Read this, I pray thee:
and he saith, I am not learned.

13Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth,
and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me,
and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:

14Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people,
even a marvellous work and a wonder:
for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish,
and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid.

Isaiah 29:12-14

It was revealed a few verses at a time in different cities over the course of 23 years. From age 40 to age 63.

On the same page just a little earlier you'll find a description:

10For precept must be upon precept,cprecept upon precept;
line upon line, line upon line;
here a little, and there a little:

11For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

12To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

13But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept;
line upon line, line upon line;
here a little, and there a little;
that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

14Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem.

Isaiah 28:10-14

It also spoke of REST (above)
No new law was revealed after Moses (pbuh) even Jesus (pbuh) followed the law of Moses (pbuh) yet one was prophesied after him:

Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation:
for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.
Isaiah 51:4

Regarding your question on trust in writing down,
The word Quran means "recital" although it is recorded in a book,
The main objective is to be able to recite and comprehend it.
The whole book was memorised and recited by the prophet and his companions constantly,

King James Bible
But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Jeremiah 31:33

And I will sow her unto me in the earth;
and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy;
and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people;
and they shall say, Thou art my God.

Hosea 2:23

14And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and took bread, and a bottle of water, and gave it unto Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, and the child, and sent her away: and she departed, and wandered in the wilderness of Beersheba.

15And the water was spent in the bottle, and she cast the child under one of the shrubs. 16And she went, and sat her down over against him a good way off, as it were a bowshot: for she said, Let me not see the death of the child. And she sat over against him, and lift up her voice, and wept. 17And God heard the voice of the lad; and the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said unto her, What aileth thee, Hagar? fear not; for God hath heard the voice of the lad where he is. 18Arise, lift up the lad, and hold him in thine hand; for I will make him a great nation. 19And God opened her eyes, and she saw a well of water; and she went, and filled the bottle with water, and gave the lad drink.

20And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer.
21And he dwelt in the wilderness of Paran:
and his mother took him a wife out of the land of Egypt.
Genesis 21

(Sarah was barren so she had given hajar to abraham to bear a child
Hajar was a servant girl.)
The Muslim nation is around 1.5billion

1Sing, O barren, thou that didst not bear; break forth into singing, and cry aloud, thou that didst not travail with child: for more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married wife, saith the LORD.
2Enlarge the place of thy tent, and let them stretch forth the curtains of thine habitations: spare not, lengthen thy cords, and strengthen thy stakes;

3For thou shalt break forth on the right hand and on the left; and thy seed shall inherit the Gentiles, and make the desolate cities to be inhabited......
6For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.

7For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.

Isaiah 54

It keeps speaking of wisdom of the wise and prudent being hidden,
Now we know that the Arabs were a rowdy illiterate lot who no king bothered to even conquer as a whole:

King James Bible
They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

Dueteronomy 32:21

33Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country: 34And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it. 35And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another. 36Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise. 37But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son. 38But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance. 39And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him. 40When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen? 41They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.

42Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?

43Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. 44And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

45And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them. 46But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet.

Matthew 21

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Crystal
09-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Thanks for all your replies it was very helpful.

Al Mufarridun your explanations do make more sense to me know regarding the divine knowledge thing. And thanks for all the links I will definitely look through them.

Abz2000, that's interesting I didn't know there were things about Muhammad in the bible, I know it doesn't say his name but it seems to match his description in a way.

جوري
09-06-2011, 04:10 PM
He's mentioned by name in Hebrew in one of the psalms

Crystal
09-06-2011, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
He's mentioned by name in Hebrew in one of the psalms
Hi can you tell me which one thanks

Predator
09-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Hi can you tell me which one thanks
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"Hikko Mamittakim we kullo Muhammadim Zehdoodeh wa Zehrace Bayna Jerusalem."

"His mouth is most sweet: ye, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughter of Jerusalem."

جوري
09-06-2011, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Airforce
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is mentioned by name in the Song of Solomon chapter 5 verse 16:

"His mouth is most sweet: ye, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughter of Jerusalem."
Jazaka Allah khyran you beat me to it, I had typed that from my iphone while driving lol couldn't do a net search then..

:w:

Crystal
09-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks you're all so helpful :)

Abz2000
09-06-2011, 11:49 PM
they were definitely waiting for a prophet who would bring a new law,
this is a specific prophet, notice how they refer to him as "the prophet" - despite all the others in the old and new testaments being prophets,

And this is the record of John,
when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him,
Who art thou?
20And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed,
I am not the Christ.
21And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not.
Art thou that prophet?
And he answered, No.
22Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? 23He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.
John 1

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come,
he will guide you into all truth:
for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak:
and he will shew you things to come.
John 16:13

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth,
which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
27And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
John 15:26-27

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
john 16:7

Then those men, when they had seen the miracle that Jesus did, said, This is of a truth that prophet that should come into the world.
John 6:14

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive:
for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
40Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said,
Of a truth this is the Prophet.
41Others said, This is the Christ....
John 7 37-41

karu-89
09-07-2011, 03:55 AM

well iam giving you an advice that from next time onwards take the name of our Beloved Prophet MUHAMMAD SAW (PBUH) with respect ok otherwise dont take his (PBUH)"s name ok :phew

Riana17
09-07-2011, 05:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by karu-89
well iam giving you an advice that from next time onwards take the name of our Beloved Prophet MUHAMMAD SAW (PBUH) with respect ok otherwise dont take his (PBUH)"s name ok :phew
Salam Alaikkum Brother,

This is not teaching of ISLAM, it's not a good welcome for her. You sounds instructing her brother, I dont know your intention but this is little rude, we can't expect Non Muslims to know this thing PBUH & so on. She is learning, lets help her inshallah. Even I am Muslim already I still forget to add Peace & Blessings be Upon Him while mentioning any of our beloved prophets From Adam to Moises, Jesus & Muhammad (pbu them all)

Peace be unto you Sister Crystal,

From your questions I can see you are intelligent & no one can cheat you easily, Masha Allah (Praise be to Allah (Arabic) Ellah/Elohim (Hebrew) / God)

This is about Prophet Muhammad in the Bible, i find Mr Ahmed Deedat and Dr Zakir Naik helpful in my search, I converted May 2010. Salam sis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URkzgYxPqgU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzPbS0RCvBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cur_6aYs_7k

Further to that, Aramaic, Arabic & Hebrew are sisters languages:

For example, AB is equal to Alif & Ba in Arabic while Aleph Beth in Hebrew alphabet

So when you translate Muhammadim to Arabic it is Muhammad or Muhammadin

Also you might say Muhammadim is not Muhammad

Arabic names have corresponding meaning and they are not like other foreign names (e.g. English name Tom or Tim doesnt have any meaning),

For example - my Name Riana or Rihanna means a good smell (herb)

Now smell while using in sentence mean
Riha رائحة

So when you write a sentence or engage in conversation, if one meant to say she is good smell she cant say "Ana (I am) Riana" she must use the word Riha (smell) because every Arabic people knows RIANA or RIHANNA is NAME of a person.

So now let's translate the "He is altogether lovely" to Arabic

انه هو كل شيء جميل معا
Enaho howa kola shayen jamelen ma3an

זה הכל ביחד יפה

One cannot return the altogether lovely to word MUHAMMAD or MUHAMMADIM even in its original source which is HEBREW

Finally let's translate the English word Muhammadim to Original Hebrew text, it would be
מחמד
letters Mem, Het, Mem, Dalet

& in ARABIC it would be م ح م د
CONNECT the letters together it would be محمد
Letters Mem, Ha, Mem, Da

Note that both languages does not have vowels, so if it is read as Muhamed or Mahamad or Mahamed (MUHAMMADIM in Hebrew and Muhammadin in Arabic) - they are all correct in both languages and no other meaning for those names except a name of a person.

I hope it help sis, Peace be Unto You (the Greetings of our beloved Prophet Jesus -pbuh)

P.S. There is something called tanween, kasrah, fatha etc in this languages which is like vowel so no additional letter is to be added to Muhammad to be able to read it to Muhammadin (additional two lines at the bottom of letter)

=
محمدٍ

The original Solomon verse in Hebrew as transliterated by Bro Airforce

חכו ממתקים וכלו מחמדים זה דודי וזה רעי בנות ירושלם׃

Ramadhan
09-07-2011, 06:45 AM
:sl:

Brother,
first of all, crystal is not a muslim, and in her posts here she has been very respectful and genuine. Second, actually and ironically, your admonishing an innocent is even a BIGGER transgression for a muslim than not mentioning pbuh after prophet pbuh name.

Al-Mufarridun
09-07-2011, 08:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Airforce

Here is a video of this verse being recited -

Al-Mufarridun
09-07-2011, 08:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
Salam Alaikkum Brother,

This is not teaching of ISLAM, it's not a good welcome for her. You sounds instructing her brother, I dont know your intention but this is little rude, we can't expect Non Muslims to know this thing PBUH & so on. She is learning, lets help her inshallah. Even I am Muslim already I still forget to add Peace & Blessings be Upon Him while mentioning any of our beloved prophets From Adam to Moises, Jesus & Muhammad (pbu them all)

Peace be unto you Sister Crystal,

From your questions I can see you are intelligent & no one can cheat you easily, Masha Allah (Praise be to Allah (Arabic) Ellah/Elohim (Hebrew) / God)

This is about Prophet Muhammad in the Bible, i find Mr Ahmed Deedat and Dr Zakir Naik helpful in my search, I converted May 2010. Salam sis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URkzgYxPqgU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzPbS0RCvBE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cur_6aYs_7k

Further to that, Aramaic, Arabic & Hebrew are sisters languages:

For example, AB is equal to Alif & Ba in Arabic while Aleph Beth in Hebrew alphabet

So when you translate Muhammadim to Arabic it is Muhammad or Muhammadin

Also you might say Muhammadim is not Muhammad

Arabic names have corresponding meaning and they are not like other foreign names (e.g. English name Tom or Tim doesnt have any meaning),

For example - my Name Riana or Rihanna means a good smell (herb)

Now smell while using in sentence mean
Riha رائحة

So when you write a sentence or engage in conversation, if one meant to say she is good smell she cant say "Ana (I am) Riana" she must use the word Riha (smell) because every Arabic people knows RIANA or RIHANNA is NAME of a person.

So now let's translate the "He is altogether lovely" to Arabic

انه هو كل شيء جميل معا
Enaho howa kola shayen jamelen ma3an

זה הכל ביחד יפה

One cannot return the altogether lovely to word MUHAMMAD or MUHAMMADIM even in its original source which is HEBREW

Finally let's translate the English word Muhammadim to Original Hebrew text, it would be
מחמד
letters Mem, Het, Mem, Dalet

& in ARABIC it would be م ح م د
CONNECT the letters together it would be محمد
Letters Mem, Ha, Mem, Da

Note that both languages does not have vowels, so if it is read as Muhamed or Mahamad or Mahamed (MUHAMMADIM in Hebrew and Muhammadin in Arabic) - they are all correct in both languages and no other meaning for those names except a name of a person.

I hope it help sis, Peace be Unto You (the Greetings of our beloved Prophet Jesus -pbuh)

P.S. There is something called tanween, kasrah, fatha etc in this languages which is like vowel so no additional letter is to be added to Muhammad to be able to read it to Muhammadin (additional two lines at the bottom of letter)

=
محمدٍ

The original Solomon verse in Hebrew as transliterated by Bro Airforce

חכו ממתקים וכלו מחמדים זה דודי וזה רעי בנות ירושלם׃

to check for yourself you can go to http://www.freetranslation.com/

מחמד = Muhammad
Hebrew - English

Muhaba
09-07-2011, 10:28 AM
all the replies are very informative and i don't think i can add anything new.

To my knowledge no one ever questioned then Prophet SAW's illiteracy. It is a historically proven fact.

the Quran tells us to get knowledge but that doesn't mean ppl have to read and write to get knowledge. knowledge may be obtained through listening as well, which is one of the main ways of getting knowledge. many ppl learn by listening to sermons and lectures and evey listening to things being said on TV and radio. in fact,listening is a much more effective way of getting knowledge than reading. while reading has its own benefits, when you listen you tend to retain the information better. It may be impossible for some ppl to learn to read, especially for older illiterate ppl so they can get knowledge by listening to sermons.

even at the time of Prophet Muhammad SAW most ppl were illiterate, so they learned Quran by heart and might not know how to read the Quran. They also received religious knowledge by listening to sermons.

finally, the main reason why the Prophet SAW probably didn't learn to read and write was because God didn't tell him to do so. and as someone pointed out, the Prophet SAW didn't need any other sources of getting knowledge since he was receiving the best and highest quality knowledge directly from God. what need did he have for any other sources?

Crystal
09-07-2011, 11:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
This is about Prophet Muhammad in the Bible, i find Mr Ahmed Deedat and Dr Zakir Naik helpful in my search, I converted May 2010.
Thanks Riana. I have watched videos by Mr Deedat before I find him really inspiring, I may not be Muslim but Islam makes a lot of sense in most areas I am just looking for the other answers. Anyway thanks for explaining that translation thing it's really interesting I will look more into it. Also the videos are great because I learn more from visual things than reading long long articles :P
well iam giving you an advice that from next time onwards take the name of our Beloved Prophet MUHAMMAD SAW (PBUH) with respect ok otherwise dont take his (PBUH)"s name ok
I am certainly not here to disrespect Islam, I came here to learn about Islam.
format_quote Originally Posted by WRITER
and as someone pointed out, the Prophet SAW didn't need any other sources of getting knowledge since he was receiving the best and highest quality knowledge directly from God.
Yah as I said I didn't think about it before but it is a valid point. And also it is true you learn a lot from listening.

Thanks again all, the links and explanations you gave me are really beneficial and I am getting answers to my questions.

Riana17
09-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Salam alaikkum to ALL

SIS CRYSTAL YOU ARE MOST WELCOME, PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME & post as many questions you have

Further to Brother's Al-Mufarridun's post, actually you can use any site even a JEWISH site and the same results will come.

Also in addition to Sister Writer's post:

We all know our Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was illiterate and if he is chosen as a prophet he didn’t need to go to school, this is the least miracle can happen to him.

If we will go to history, old ARABS were best in the WORLD in recitation and POETRY.
Poetry writing and
recitation are beloved traditions in the Arab world. Arab were really good in memory until today, I observe that my husband remembers every details happened between us 5yrs ago, like the way I smile or laugh or eat or sleep or how long I used to keep the length of hair & change it when (I am fasting I can’t lie:p) but personally I cant remember not even a shadow of it :heated:.

Back to topic, If Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) is a false Prophet then where did he get the words of QURAN? Was he delusional? Of course not, it is because the verses speak literature in its highest form & no one can challenge it.

QURAN is indeed word of the Creator and Allah (swt) has challenged the mankind to produce even a single Verse like Quran (Surrah Kawthar is the shortest verse).

Noble Verse 2:23 "And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If there are any) besides God, if your (doubts) are true."
Noble Verse 17:88 "Say: 'If the whole of mankind and Jinns were to gather together to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like thereof, even if they backed up each other with help and support.'"

Quran is the highest of today's Arabic dictionary, poetry or literature.

For example some verses of Quran which talks about parents, Allah uses the word AB (father) & UM (mother) and other two words Waled & Waleeda.

They both mean the father & mother but AB & UM were highest & respectable.

Waleed & Waleeda means your physical parents while UM & AB are responsible parents (however mother is eligible to be called as UM as soon as she carry the burdens of pregnancy & delivered while father can be called AB when he spends, send his child to school, support his born child etc).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!