/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Li?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-08-2011, 12:57 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

I believe this weird thread belongs in this section..

What it is that brought you to Li? Also, What made you stay on Li?

What do you like most about the forum? What do you least like about the forum?

How much has the community of Li been beneficial towards yourselves?

Or how much has the forum itself been of benefit?

Sorry for too many Q's..answer as many or whichever ones pleases you.

Jazakallaahu Khaayr.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazalah
09-08-2011, 02:50 PM
I was on a previous forum and all they did was argue with each other it was like a war zone honestly, someone recommend this forum as a much peaceful forum lol...

I don't like how we can't reply on the advice and section thread untill you're a member of bro or sis group. I also don't like the fact there is no option of skin colour <_<

I like the community on here and the mods are not too harsh :D

noorseeker
09-08-2011, 05:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
I was on a previous forum and all they did was argue with each other

Sister we all know what forum you are talking about, it shocking

~Raindrop~
09-08-2011, 07:13 PM
I like the community on here and the mods are not too harsh
Oh, if you insist, that can be sorted quite easily.

:Evil:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-09-2011, 03:13 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

I was on a previous forum and all they did was argue with each other it was like a war zone honestly, someone recommend this forum as a much peaceful forum lol...

I don't like how we can't reply on the advice and section thread untill you're a member of bro or sis group. I also don't like the fact there is no option of skin colour <_<

I like the community on here and the mods are not too harsh :D
masha'Allaah @ peaceful forum, though shocker to know that! Kidding :-\

format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha

Oh, if you insist, that can be sorted quite easily.

:Evil:
I prefer it the way it is now..

Jazakallaahu Khaayr..

Riana17
09-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Salam Alaikkum Sis

I'm inlove with IB

, i'm still here because I want to improve my manners

IB or LI is million times better than FB & other nonsense sites, people got life here...inshallah this site will survive through test of time and will remain peaceful.Amen

Darth Ultor
09-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Why would I be here if I didn't like it?

Who Am I?
09-09-2011, 06:58 PM
LI? I thought this was IB? :hmm:

Beardo
09-09-2011, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
It's the same thing. Although, it's more appropriately IB LOL.

I like the community on here and the mods are not too harsh
Are you like...kidding me? o.o The mods are not too harsh? I'd hate to think about the foruming world outside of IB then. o.o

Who Am I?
09-09-2011, 07:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo

It's the same thing. Although, it's more appropriately IB LOL.
:sl:

Oh... OK. I'm not totally crazy then (just only one days that end in a "y".

It was my curiosity about Islam that brought me here. It was the people I met that made me stay. A certain few in particular and they know who they are.

joyous fairy
09-09-2011, 07:13 PM
I joined yesterday and so my opinion is only based on a few hours experience.

At the moment I am liking it, its a bit quiet though. I was on another forum for a while and it was really fast, I didnt even have time to read most of the threads. I like that its not as fast as that one, but its a bit too quiet. Maybe cos its Friday? I dont know. :hmm:

I dont understand the repping system because I dont think I am able to rep at the moment, I cant view my own, or others' profiles and I cant seem to change my avatar. imsad

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-09-2011, 07:25 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Why would I be here if I didn't like it?
Oh thats kool. It is nice to you know you like the forum..Next Q is, did you find it beneficial towards yourself? if so, how has it benefited you being here?

format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
LI - Load Islam - Old name of this geeky forum

IB - IslamicBoard - New name of this geeky forum..

Though, I myself prefer to call it Li as it sounds kooler.

Ghazalah
09-09-2011, 09:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
Are you like...kidding me? o.o The mods are not too harsh? I'd hate to think about the foruming world outside of IB then. o.o
Believe me I've seen mods who delete almost every post they come across. :ermm: Rarely have I seen mods doing this here :hmm:

Take you for example, in my whole stay here I haven't seen you edit/delete/ban anyone. (that's a good thing btw :p )

Darth Ultor
09-09-2011, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jεώel oғ ωïѕdoм
As'Salaam Alaaykum

Oh thats kool. It is nice to you know you like the forum..Next Q is, did you find it beneficial towards yourself? if so, how has it benefited you being here?
Don't know what you mean by beneficial. It's a place to chat a little bit about religion and politics.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-09-2011, 09:54 PM
Greetings of peace

format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Don't know what you mean by beneficial. It's a place to chat a little bit about religion and politics.
My meaning of beneficial is, having learned about Islam, maybe some of your mis-conceptions have been cleared inshaa'Allaah..or gained knowledge of something you didnt have before..

Darth Ultor
09-09-2011, 09:59 PM
It did clear up the few misconceptions I had. I also learned a bit about the laws of Islam.

aadil77
09-09-2011, 11:33 PM
I love this place, I don't know how I manage to stay away for almost a week!

IslamicRevival
09-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Sometimes i Like IB, Sometimes I dont.

Haya emaan
09-10-2011, 01:49 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum
walaikum assalam

my sister's interest brought me here i was curious what this place is..!!and it is the only place i visit regularly.. the calm friendly environment of IB made me stay here..

the thing i like most here is the respect given by members to each other.. ofcourse there are things i least or dont like but the thing is when there is so much good around you can neglect the minor things.. ( for example i dont like "like system" but i still use it:nervous:)

How much has the community of Li been beneficial towards yourselves? Or how much has the forum itself been of benefit?
no need to tell that i have learnt a lot from here.. about Islam about the world about the Muslim community around the world.. and many more..

Jazakallaahu Khaayr.
barakallah khair

Ğħαrєєвαħ
09-10-2011, 03:26 PM
As'Salaam Alaaykum

Jazakallaahu Khaayr.

Wa Alaaykum As'Salaam

I came across this site not actually knowing it was a forum..
The peace between the brother's and sister's made me remain on here and the knowledge, and the advice section and a couple other sections. But wonder if I'll ever leave.

There isn't anything I like 'more' or 'less' about this forum, I dont know as there is nothing I least like. The privacy in the sister's section is kool. Alhamdulilaah..The adminatorz/moderatorz are kool. some of the discussions are also kool

Learning from one another has been of benefit, the forum has been of benefit and gaining knowledge of the beautiful deen, alhamdulilaah. Though gaining knowledge is a continuous journey of life.

Sorry for too many Q's
No problem.

Jazakallaahu Khaayr all for your replies..

Ansariyah
09-10-2011, 04:25 PM
ermm I thought I liked it but I changed my mind now since no one replied to the last thread I started 48 hours ago tooot. I hate you all so much!:( not literally

joyous fairy
09-10-2011, 11:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
ermm I thought I liked it but I changed my mind now since no one replied to the last thread I started 48 hours ago tooot. I hate you all so much!:( not literally
Dont hate me, Im a newbie! :p

BTW which thread?

I am actually liking this forum now. I could easily get addicted..

peace_maker
10-19-2011, 02:39 PM
I love IB. I mainly joined this forums to keep myself in track. Earlier, I was much into other useless and "fun" sites, which was only wasting my life. I feared I was loosing myself.. :(

So one day I decided, to get away from all those useless addictions, and to away from them was to get addicted to something else, something useful. (i get addicted too fast :nervous:)

That's how I ended up in IB. :statisfie

.iman.
10-19-2011, 07:32 PM
salam 3laykoum

I joined this forum because another forum I was on was too argumentative, too many people talking politics, fighting about which madhab is the best, and I didn't really feel the Muslim "love" - it seem very divided rather than united. I have only been in IB (I call it IB since I never knew LI lol) for just a tiny bit now, but inshAllah I will stick around.

I like that everyone is respectful towards one another, especially in the interfaith dialogues. I like that it covers SO many topics, Islamic and non Islamic. As far as least liked things, I'd have to say gaining access to the sisters forum since it requires a large amount of posts, but at the same time I understand that you can't just let anyone have access to protect us!

How much has the community of Li been beneficial towards yourselves? Or how much has the forum itself been of benefit?
al hamdoulilah, this forum is very beneficial to me. I live in the midwest, and there isn't a huge Muslim community here, so it is hard to get to know people. This forum helps me keep focused, and keeps my Imaan strong!

Iconodule
10-19-2011, 08:33 PM
People here are pretty polite and easy to talk to, and I've learned quite a bit already.

Scimitar
10-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Well, I managed to bring team Scimitar here, so.... nuff said ;D We are 9 (currently)

insha-Allah, more shall follow. Ameen.

Signor
12-26-2011, 03:08 PM
^I am one of them;D

Ramadhan
12-27-2011, 02:29 AM
I've noticed team Scimitar has cool user names

peace_maker
12-27-2011, 06:59 AM
What exactly is team Scimitar? ^o)

syilla
12-27-2011, 09:25 AM
i've googled on some subjects and interesting stuck with LI

The debates

quite a lot

but mostly because i sometimes missing the members..even though some of them are not here in this world and also in in this forum.

Signor
12-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Well,We have started with a MSN group,A Group made by Brother Scimitar.Now some of us also helps him in researching and video making.More story from Team Elder Scimitar.....:statisfie

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-27-2011, 03:04 PM
:sl:

I've been here for quite some time now and quite frankly do not see it the same way anymore...probably because its not. If I'm still here, its mainly because of the material I can benefit from inshaAllaah. Otherwise, dont care lol. I loved it when I was here, it was new for for me. I was literally new to learning about Islaam, had just begun wearing hijab, was very active. This was back in 2006 mind you. Some moments, people and experiences made me question whether I wanted to stay. I was going to DEACTIVATE...but thought, Im not here for anyone, just here to learn something useful.

Beardo
12-27-2011, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Probably what brought me to these forums was a prospect for the Jannah Network. However, I don't stay just because of that or because I'm the Head Admin. I stay because this is a part of me, my history, and my friends. I met some awesome people here and continue to meet new people. I sort of grew up on this forum. I came at the age of 15, I think, if memory serves me right. SubhanAllah! How time flies.:statisfie

Endymion
12-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Jewly girl,are you the same person who started the poll :hmm: or it was also hijacked like my thread about female SM ^o)

That sounds like a weirdo Boss behind the scene :hiding:

The thing made me ask that question is this option in the poll.

Stop making us vote, you weirdo!

If you created the poll,it would be like

Stop making us vote,you Geeky :p

As'Salaam Alaaykum

Jazakallaahu Khaayr.
So,here are the answers :D
1)I was actually a member of UI and some members over there were members of this forum as well and they talked about it so i google it and join.But i did'nt participate in any discussion just after joining.I joined in Jan 2010 and started posting in Nov i think :hmm:

Obviously,the public and specially the number of sisters made me stay coz UI has a shortage of sisters :heated:

2)These are the people who make any place interesting.The people and variety of topic is the thing i like the most.

And the thing i dislike here is the privacy policy :heated: specially while pm'ing,you come to know that there is someone behind the sofa listening to you :skeleton: But i noticed that the pm monitoring option disappears :hmm: Is there no more pm monitoring :hmm:

3) I have learned a LOT good from here.There are certain things the Admins and SM's of LI compel me to practice not just read and agree and i hate it that time but now i can see they were really benificial and im truly grateful to them who guide me and thats why i love the forum and the people here :statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by InsaneIcon
Well,We have started with a MSN group,A Group made by Brother Scimitar.Now some of us also helps him in researching and video making.More story from Team Elder Scimitar.....:statisfie
Goodness,he has a whole Army not just few soliders :ooh: Every second person here belongs to "Scimi's gang".

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Jewel...where in the word have you BEEN. Never see you on MSN...forget PT ure never there lol.

peace_maker
12-27-2011, 06:16 PM
I thought I liked IB, but I'm a little disappointed after what happened in sis Endy's thread about female SM. I didn't quite expect that. :hmm:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
12-31-2011, 02:31 PM
What's that thread everyone's talking about? Every thread I look in, someone mentions it.

Haya emaan
12-31-2011, 03:12 PM
^ go to the forum help & feedback and there you will find the thread^o)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
12-31-2011, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Light of Heaven
What's that thread everyone's talking about? Every thread I look in, someone mentions it.
Heres the link..

--->>> http://www.islamicboard.com/forum-he...od-please.html <<<---

serena77
01-01-2012, 04:09 AM
i love this board because everyone has been really welcoming and willing to answer even stupid questions on my part.
Serena

Signor
01-01-2012, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
Goodness,he has a whole Army not just few soliders :ooh: Every second person here belongs to "Scimi's gang".
OH!No this "Scimi Gang" term came up again.We are no gang,we are a group,a halqah helping each other in working on emaan and follow Quran And Sunnah.:statisfie

Trust me we don't enter in any forum with hockey sticks,chains and harley davisons;D

Everyone is Invited!!

Jedi_Mindset
01-01-2012, 03:26 PM
I joined this forum also reconmended by brother Scimitar. And i like it very much here :) less argues or fights, Good moderation, more united. :)

Oh yes i'm part of ''Scimi's gang'' also.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!