/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cerebrum/cerebellum question

Pak-istan786
09-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Assalaamu-Alaykum,

I had a quick question about the cerebrum, or cerebellum of the brain( one of them two). Basically I read ages ago that one of these is responsible for the human characteristic of aggression and this was discovered relatively recently by science. However, it was mentioned in the Quran over 1400 years ago. So I wanted to ask whether anyone knows what I am talking about, because I am interested in this but I forgot what exactly I had seen that time! It was an article mentioning the modern day scientific finding and likening/comparing it with the statement mentioned in the Quran. Has anyone heard of this?

JazakAllah, wasalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
09-14-2011, 09:44 PM
:sl:

See this: http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch1-1-d.htm

It's from a book called A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam.

You can download the entire book in PDF format from here: http://www.islam-guide.com/book-download.htm It has quite a bit on the scientific miracles of the Qur'an.

And Allah knows best in all matters.

Pak-istan786
09-14-2011, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
:sl:

See this: http://www.islam-guide.com/frm-ch1-1-d.htm

It's from a book called A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam.

You can download the entire book in PDF format from here: http://www.islam-guide.com/book-download.htm It has quite a bit on the scientific miracles of the Qur'an.

And Allah knows best in all matters.
Aha! That was the same site I had found it on, a while ago. I'll read through that soon Insha Allah. Don't mind me asking, but what is your occupational background? Are you in the science field?

Pak-istan786
09-14-2011, 10:04 PM
Also, do you know whether Keith L Moore did revert to Islam? I suppose it's not really my business but just out of interest....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
09-14-2011, 10:05 PM
i think the verse may have been from chapter Al 'alaq,
15. Let him beware! If he desist not, We will drag him by the forelock,-
16. A lying, sinful forelock!
Quran 96:15-16

i remember reading somewhere that the frontal region is where all that type of activity happens so that's why it's mentioned along with lying and sinfulness,
they mess with all the mind control stuff, i put together a video compilation on it and i've found one which is based on a single theme:
click on the video and rate comment and subscribe if you find them informative:

these are also related:

http://www.youtube.com/user/abz20001.../2/jrM6i8OlxrM

http://www.youtube.com/user/abz20001.../3/rXbyDcHAUnQ

Project MKULTRA, or MK-ULTRA, was the code name for a covert, illegal CIA human experimentation program, run by the CIA's Office of Scientific Intelligence. This official U.S. government program began in the early 1950s, continuing at least through the late 1960s, and it used U.S. and Canadian citizens as its test subjects.[1][2][3][4]
The published evidence indicates that Project MKULTRA involved the use of many methodologies to manipulate individual mental states and alter brain functions, including the surreptitious administration of drugs and other chemicals, hypnosis,[5] sensory deprivation, isolation, and verbal and sexual abuse.

Project MKULTRA was first brought to wide public attention in 1975 by the U.S. Congress, through investigations by the Church Committee, and by a presidential commission known as the Rockefeller Commission. Investigative efforts were hampered by the fact that CIA DirectorRichard Helms ordered all MKULTRA files destroyed in 1973; the Church Committee and Rockefeller Commission investigations relied on the sworn testimony of direct participants and on the relatively small number of documents that survived Helms' destruction order.

One 1955 MKULTRA document gives an indication of the size and range of the effort; this document refers to the study of an assortment of mind-altering substances described as follows:[23]
  1. Substances which will promote illogical thinking and impulsiveness to the point where the recipient would be discredited in public.
  2. Substances which increase the efficiency of mentation and perception.
  3. Materials which will prevent or counteract the intoxicating effect of alcohol.
  4. Materials which will promote the intoxicating effect of alcohol.
  5. Materials which will produce the signs and symptoms of recognized diseases in a reversible way so that they may be used for malingering, etc.
  6. Materials which will render the induction of hypnosis easier or otherwise enhance its usefulness.
  7. Substances which will enhance the ability of individuals to withstand privation, torture and coercion during interrogation and so-called "brain-washing".
  8. Materials and physical methods which will produce amnesia for events preceding and during their use.
  9. Physical methods of producing shock and confusion over extended periods of time and capable of surreptitious use.
  10. Substances which produce physical disablement such as paralysis of the legs, acute anemia, etc.
  11. Substances which will produce "pure" euphoria with no subsequent let-down.
  12. Substances which alter personality structure in such a way that the tendency of the recipient to become dependent upon another person is enhanced.
  13. A material which will cause mental confusion of such a type that the individual under its influence will find it difficult to maintain a fabrication under questioning.
  14. Substances which will lower the ambition and general working efficiency of men when administered in undetectable amounts.
  15. Substances which promote weakness or distortion of the eyesight or hearing faculties, preferably without permanent effects.
  16. A knockout pill which can surreptitiously be administered in drinks, food, cigarettes, as an aerosol, etc., which will be safe to use, provide a maximum of amnesia, and be suitable for use by agent types on an ad hoc basis.
  17. A material which can be surreptitiously administered by the above routes and which in very small amounts will make it impossible for a person to perform physical activity.

i have also put together a small booklet here (related article is near the front middle - scroll down):
http://abz2000.com/Books.aspx

http://abz2000.com/criminalwarsofagression.aspx

<span style="font-family: Geneva">

90. O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,- of Satan's handwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper.
91. Satan's plan is (but) to excite enmity and hatred between you, with intoxicants and gambling, and hinder you from the remembrance of Allah, and from prayer: will ye not then abstain?
Quran 5:90-91

also research lobotomy,
and watch "manchurian candidate"

Trumble
09-20-2011, 07:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saffy786
However, it was mentioned in the Quran over 1400 years ago.
No it wasn't. End of.

Tyrion
09-20-2011, 07:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abz2000
16. A lying, sinful forelock!
Hmm.. I've heard this one... And I suppose the prefrontal cortex does deal with higher thinking/decision making/etc... But I don't know if I'd get too excited over the "OMG, it was in the Qur'an 1400 years ago!" argument with this... Generally, most of the "science in the Qur'an" stuff is really vague, and so people are forced to stretch the meaning of the words... (At least, according to what I've learned...) It also takes you away from the real message in the Qur'an, which is what Non Muslims need to hear... Most non Muslims don't give a crap about the supposed scientific miracles in the Qur'an, and I can't really blame them. :p: Not to say there aren't some fantastic and scientifically consistent stuff in the Qur'an, but it's not something we need to get carried away with. (Especially when we don't actually know enough about science... I've seen some absolutely embarrassing articles by some Muslim speakers regarding this topic... :p:) All we can say is Allahu 'Aalim/God knows best, and leave it at that...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!