/* */

PDA

View Full Version : True Love

Al-Mufarridun
09-20-2011, 10:03 AM
:sl:

The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه و سلم said,
“None of you will believe until I am more beloved to him than his father, his children and all people.”
(Bukhari)

"The one most deserving of your Love, obedience, is the one who Truly Loves you"

"The one who truly Loves you, i.e. most cares about you, is the One who is most concerned about your Akhirah"

"Who Loves you more than Allah(swt), i.e is more concerned about your Aakhirah?"
"And besides Allah(swt), Who Loves you more than Muhammad(pbuh), i.e. is more concerned about your Akhirah"?

Love Allah(swt)
Love His Prophet(pbuh)
(Love = Obey)

قُلْ إِن كُنتُمْ تُحِبُّونَ اللَّهَ فَاتَّبِعُونِي يُحْبِبْكُمُ اللَّهُ وَيَغْفِرْ لَكُمْ ذُنُوبَكُمْ ۗ وَاللَّهُ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ
Say, [O Muhammad], "If you love Allah , then follow me,
Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."
(Qur'an 3:31)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Riana17
09-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Salam alaikkum

Today my co worker said, you can pray to Allah (swt) like this

Oh Allah for sake of your love to Fatimah (pbuh) or Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), please heal my sickness or grant me money

So I said, hmm wait I have to check that , she said oh I know they cant do anything, as Muslims we have only one God, but Allah is so pleased with them and so I also love them and story goes on & on, i dont know how to answer that, Im lack of education in this, I only pray to Allah nothing else, HOWEVER i want to understand her point of view

As a Christian convert I am very careful associating partners with Him and I want to go direct to Allah (swt) all the time, but I love all the Sunnah, Sunnah are the best thing we have from our Prophet, his actions are just beyond amazing.

Pls share your view about praying to Allah for sake of others like that, is this correct? You know Christians prays to God too through Saint or Jesus etc

Al-Mufarridun
09-20-2011, 06:21 PM

To my knowledge it is not acceptable for one to supplicate to Allah(swt) in that form. The scholars have said, I'll paraphrase; "The door of shirk, i.e. associating partners with Allah(swt), is; supplicating to Him by or through the status or position of any of His creation."

I would stay away far away from such things, and stick to the Sunnah of the Prophet(pbuh) insha'Allah.

Allah(swt) knows best.

Riana17
09-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Salam Ukoi

So how do I answer her? I am firm in praying to Allah alone but how do I tell her it is wrong to pray like that, pls share Quranic verses or Sunnah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Mufarridun
09-20-2011, 07:04 PM

First, the most crucial principle in the figh ul Ibaadah, the jurisprudence of worship, to remember is that; All acts of Ibaadah(worship) are Haraam(unlawful) except those sancioned by Allah(swt) and his Messenger(pbuh), i.e. from the Qur'an and Authentic Sunnah.

So it is not upon you to present the evidence for the lawfulness or unlawfulness of this form of Ibadah, since duaa is Ibadah. So whenever someone comes to you with a form of ibadah, worship, that you have no previous knowledge, it's upon them to provide the Daleel(evidence).

This link provides some useful sources you can present to your friend Insha'Allah;
http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=142097
“the high rank of the Prophet

is not beneficial for a supplicator because it is not beneficial except for the Prophet

and not to anyone else, so that he will make Tawassul to Allaah through it.” [From Fataawa about the Pillars of Islam by Ibn ‘Uthaymeen]

Allah(swt) knows best.

Riana17
09-21-2011, 05:05 AM
Salam Alaikkum

I respect her and I am willing to learn from everyone, but it's up to me to follow what I think is right. No one but myself will be accountable for my own deeds.

Thank you Brother, that really helps alot.

May Allah reward you BIG. Amen

Innocent Soul
09-21-2011, 05:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
pls share Quranic verses or Sunnah
Unquestionably, for Allah is the pure religion. And those who take protectors besides Him [say], "We only worship them that they may bring us nearer to Allah in position." Indeed, Allah will judge between them concerning that over which they differ. Indeed, Allah does not guide he who is a liar and [confirmed] disbeliever.(Surah Zumar 39:3)

And those they invoke other than Allah create nothing, and they [themselves] are created. (Surah Nahl 16:20)

Those to whom We have given the Scripture recognize it as they recognize their [own] sons. Those who will lose themselves [in the Hereafter] do not believe. (Surah Anam 6:20)

Al-Mufarridun
09-21-2011, 01:24 PM

"Yaa Ummaah(O Mother) ! In spite of my strong love for you, my love for Allah and His Messenger is indeed stronger.
By Allah, if you had a thousand souls and each one depart one after another, I would not abandon this religion for anything.
"
Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas(ra)

After Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas(ra) embraced Islam, his mother went on hunger strike until he abandons Islam, Sa'd insisted for days that he would not abandon his religion and begged his mother to start eating again, when he saw her stubbornness, he told her clearly the above quote after-which she started eating again.

Allah(swt) then revealed these verses;

وَوَصَّيْنَا الْإِنسَانَ بِوَالِدَيْهِ حَمَلَتْهُ أُمُّهُ وَهْنًا عَلَىٰ وَهْنٍ وَفِصَالُهُ فِي عَامَيْنِ أَنِ اشْكُرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيْكَ إِلَيَّ الْمَصِيرُ
And We have enjoined upon man [care] for his parents. His mother carried him, [increasing her] in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years. Be grateful to Me and to your parents; to Me is the [final] destination.
وَإِن جَاهَدَاكَ عَلَىٰ أَن تُشْرِكَ بِي مَا لَيْسَ لَكَ بِهِ عِلْمٌ فَلَا تُطِعْهُمَا ۖ وَصَاحِبْهُمَا فِي الدُّنْيَا مَعْرُوفًا ۖ وَاتَّبِعْ سَبِيلَ مَنْ أَنَابَ إِلَيَّ ۚ ثُمَّ إِلَيَّ مَرْجِعُكُمْ فَأُنَبِّئُكُم بِمَا كُنتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ
"But if they strive to make thee join in worship with Me things of which thou hast no knowledge, obey them not; yet bear them company in this life with justice (and consideration), and follow the way of those who turn to me (in love): in the end the return of you all is to Me, and I will tell you the truth (and meaning) of all that ye did." (Surah Luqman: Verses 14-15)

It is crutial for us Muslims to undestand this hierarchy of love and obedience for it is of vital importance, particularly in our times. In a discussion with some brothers recently, I mentioned the earlier hadith were the Prophet(pbuh) said; “None of you will believe until I am more beloved to him than his father, his children and all people.”(Bukhari).

There was a young brother with us who said; "But I love my mother very much,..."? I could see the confusion on his face. After explaining to him the context of the hadith and the islamic concept of Love and its hierarchies, Masha'Allah, you could his face light up and the confusion disapearing. You see he did love the Prophet(pbuh) but he also loved his mother, who is a muslim, very much, after hearing the hadith he was seriously concerned about his faith.

True Love for Allah(swt) and His Messenger(pbuh) - must overide all other Loves!

The true Servant of Allah(swt) has a tendancy of saying, when asked the question, "Whom do you love?" to reply;

"I Love whomever Allah(swt) and His Messenger(pbuh) Love!
"
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Allah(swt) knows best.

Al-Mufarridun
12-18-2011, 02:13 PM

اللهم صــلی علٰی محمد و علٰی آل محمد كما صليت علٰی إبراهيم و علٰی آل إبراهيم انك حميد مجيد
اللهم بارك علٰی محمد و علٰی آل محمد كما بار كت علٰی إبراهيم و علٰی آل إبراهيم انك حميد مجيد

Innocent Soul
12-19-2011, 12:09 PM
Men! Now there has come to you an exhortation from your Lord, a healing for the ailments of the hearts, and a guidance and mercy for those who believe. Tell them (O Prophet!): 'Let them rejoice in Allah's grace and mercy through which this (Book) has come to you. It is better than all the riches that they accumulate.
)Surah Younus 10:57-58)

We have not sent down the Qur'an unto you (O Muhammad ) to cause you distress, But only as a Reminder to those who fear (Allah).
(Surah Taha 20:2-3)

And obey Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad ) that you may obtain mercy. And march forth in the way (which leads to) forgiveness from your Lord, and for Paradise as wide as are the heavens and the earth, prepared for Al-Muttaqun. Those who spend [in Allah's Cause - deeds of charity, alms, etc.] in prosperity and in adversity, who repress anger, and who pardon men; verily, Allah loves Al-Muhsinun (the good-doers).
(Surah Al ' Imran 3:132-134)

When you feel you cannot take it any more, complain to Him and Him alone, then wait patiently until he answers your supplication. Seek solace with the supplication of Yaqub (AS) over his son, Yusuf (AS), “Indeed I complain of my grief and sorrow only to Allah…” (Quran 12:86)

Riana17
12-19-2011, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mufarridun

اللهم صــلی علٰی محمد و علٰی آل محمد كما صليت علٰی إبراهيم و علٰی آل إبراهيم انك حميد مجيد
اللهم بارك علٰی محمد و علٰی آل محمد كما بار كت علٰی إبراهيم و علٰی آل إبراهيم انك حميد مجيد
Allahumma S3ali ali Muhammad wa a3la ali Muhammad Kama Salayta ala Ibrahim wa ala ali Ibrahim Innaka Hamid (Hamiddun?)

Allahumma barik ala Muhammad wa a3la ali Muhammad Kama Barakta ala Ibrahim wa ala Ibrahim Innaka Hamiddun Majeed...

Just trying my recall my basic arabic :)

~ Sabr ~
01-04-2012, 09:31 AM
:salamext:

Subhan'Allah what a true and sincere post. Jazak'Allah Khayr

Al-Mufarridun
01-08-2012, 11:14 AM

اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ حُبَّكَ وَحُبَّ مَنْ يُحِبُّكَ وَالْعَمَلَ الَّذِي يُبَلِّغُنِي حُبَّكَ

(Allahumma inni as’aluka hubbaka wa hubba man yuhibbuka wa’l `amalladhi yuballighuni hubbak)

O Allah! I ask for Your love; the love of those You love;
& those actions that will make me beloved to You.

Ameen ya Rabb!!

Reflections
01-10-2012, 12:23 AM
^Allahoma ameen

Al-Mufarridun
01-11-2012, 06:19 AM

If it was up to me I would have changed the title to 'Love Allah swt'

Al-Mufarridun
02-22-2012, 10:10 AM

And [yet], among the people are those who take other than Allah as equals [to Him].
They love them as they [should] love Allah .
But those who believe are stronger in love for Allah .
And if only they who have wronged would consider [that] when they see the punishment,
[they will be certain] that all power belongs to Allah and that Allah is severe in punishment.
(Surat Al-Baqarah v.165)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!