/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IELTS exam

Danah
09-20-2011, 04:38 PM
:sl:

I have an IELTS exam next Saturday 24 Sept and I was looking for any good materials to study from like some writing samples and such. I wonder if anyone here did that exam before....I am a bit nervous since I need to get a high score. Please keep me in your duaa and I will appreciate any links for studying that exam. I already have some but I need some ready samples for writing section for charts.

JazakumAllah khair in advance.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Riana17
09-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Salam Alaikkum

Year ago I helped my friend took IELTS, ill tell you the truth, you are excellent in writing and much better than her, she got 6 something in total which is not bad for Egyptian who never really used to write or speak English, now she's in Canada

The key is dont be nervous and focus on the questionnaire, I hope others can give you materials inshallah, try youtube pls or google it

edited 21.09.2011

Pls see this one SISTER

http://www.goodluckielts.com/

Danah
09-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Wa Alykom Assalam sis,

Thanks a lot for the advice, I already watched some advices from youtube about reading and listening.
I remember taking that exam when I finished high school 6 years ago and I got 5. I need to take it again to see how much I improved during my University studies which was all in English, I need to get above 6 because I might apply for Master

Yeah

SFatima
09-20-2011, 09:38 PM
you going to uk? good luck InshAllah :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
09-21-2011, 02:22 AM

I took IELTS years ago having finished high school to enter university in Australia. My english was far far worse than yours and I got 6.5. You'll be fine InshaAllah.

Danah
09-21-2011, 08:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
edited 21.09.2011

Pls see this one SISTER

http://www.goodluckielts.com/
That looks really helpful, JazakiAllah khair dear sis, I appreciate that.

format_quote Originally Posted by SFatima
you going to uk? good luck InshAllah :)
No, but even here in UAE universities ask for IELTS and the Master program I am interested in asks for 6.5

format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan

I took IELTS years ago having finished high school to enter university in Australia. My english was far far worse than yours and I got 6.5. You'll be fine InshaAllah.
In my case I got 5 few years ago when i was in high school, I will try my best inshaAllah I need to get at least 6.5

Danah
09-23-2011, 11:58 AM
The IELTS speaking test was yesterday, Alhumdulilah I did very well especially at the beginning but I got nervous at the middle of the conversation and I think that will reduce the score because I got my thoughts confused.

I will see how the IELTS test tomorrow will be, I hope I will be more relaxed tomorrow. Keep me in your duaa please.

tigerkhan
09-23-2011, 03:58 PM
best of luck

Innocent Soul
09-26-2011, 04:16 PM
How was the exam sis? I hope it went well :). Share the results also :D.

m2p
09-26-2011, 05:18 PM
May allah help you

Danah
09-26-2011, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul
How was the exam sis? I hope it went well :). Share the results also :D.
It was quite good, but the problem is always the time, there is no time for revision I managed to finish the exam just in time and I couldn't have enough time to go through my answers....three hours were like 3 minutes. The results will be announced on Oct 6, I pray that it will be a result that deserved to be announced here :nervous:

Of course it was much easier than the first one I did 6 years ago which might be a good sign that I will do better this time :)

Riana17
10-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Salam Alaikkum UkhteeInshallah you passed meeting your expectations. Amen

Danah
10-06-2011, 03:52 PM

Okay the grade was announced today, I am a bit disappointed though, I was expecting a higher grade like more than 7.
Writing exam did lower my grade since I had to follow a strict structure of essays, I think I was more like a free style writer. The overall grade was 6.5 and it was as the following:

Reading: 7
Writing: 5.5
Listening: 6
Speaking: 7

I was told that I need 6.0 but still, I was aiming for a higher grade. I wanted to test my English and see how much I improved during the last years.

Ramadhan
10-06-2011, 05:27 PM

congrats! you passed minimum requirement!

Riana17
10-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Mabrook Ukhtee, now we know you are truly qualified mashallah,,, dont frown:)
and we also learn the areas you need to improve inshallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!